/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please would you be able to help me out?

Katty
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Kat. I know this may seem a little random. For my final year project at University I am carrying out a study. I was wandering if you could help me out at all by taking ten minutes to fill in some details and answer some questions below and send them back to me by copy and pasting into and email. Address katgibbz@hotmail.com. Your information will only be available to me, and once I have the details off of the computer they will be no longer traceable back to you personally. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

RELIGIOUS COMMITMENT INVENTORY- 10 (WORTHINGTON ET AL., 2003)

Instructions: Read each of the following statements. Use the scale below,
Enter the number of the response that best describes how true each statement is for you.

Not at all Somewhat Moderately Mostly Totally
True of me True of me True of me True of me True of me
1 2 3 4 5

1. I often read books and magazines about my faith

2. I make financial contributions to my religious organization

3. I spend time trying to grow in understanding of my faith

4. Religion is especially important to me because it answers
many questions about the meaning of life.

5. My religious beliefs lie behind my whole approach to life.

6. I enjoy spending time with others of my religious affiliation.

7. Religious beliefs influence all my dealings in life.

8. It is important to me to spend periods of time in private
religious thought and reflection.

9. I enjoy working in the activities of my religious affiliation.

10. I keep well informed about my local religious group and
have some influence in its decisions.

Part 2

Please read the following statement : Tim is depressed and took a paracetamol overdose last month to try and hurt himself.

Please indicate which answers which best reflect your views by highlighting, underlining or bold:

1. Do you think that this would damage Tim’s career?
Strongly agree/Agree/ /Neutral /Disagree /Strongly disagree /Don’t know

2.I would be comfortable if Tim was my colleague at work?
Strongly agree /Agree /Neutral /Disagree /Strongly disagree /Don’t know

3.I would be comfortable about inviting Tim to a dinner party?

4.How likely do you think it would be for Tim’s wife to leave him?
Very likely /Quite likely /Neutral /Unlikely /Very unlikely /Don’t know

5.How likely do you think it would be for Tim to get in trouble with the law?

Please read the following statement: Micheal has schizophrenia. He needs an injection of medication every two weeks. He was detained in hospital for several weeks 2 years ago because he was hearing voices from the Devil and thought that he had the power to cause earthquakes. He has been detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 in the past.

PLease indicate which answers best reflect your views by highlighting, underlining or bold.

1)Do you think that this would damage Micheal’s career?
Strongly agree/ Agree /Neutral /Disagree /Strongly disagree /Don’t know

2)I would be comfortable if Micheal was my colleague at work?

3)I would be comfortable about inviting Micheal to a dinner party?
Strongly agree/ Agree /Neutral /Disagree /Strongly disagree /Don’t know

4)How likely do you think it would be for Micheal’s wife to leave him?

5)How likely do you think it would be for Micheal to get in trouble with the law?

Demographics Sheet

Please fill in your details below. Please try to respond as truthfully as possible as this will ensure that reliable results are found.

Faith:

Highest Education level:

Place of Birth:

Any experience of mental illness (within family, friends or work setting ):

Thankyou so much for your help!
Debrief

The study that you have taken part in involved a questionnaire on religious commitment, a questionnaire in regard to two given vignette’s about mental illness and some demographic details about yourself. What this means is that the study looks for differences in attitudes to mental illness across different faith groups from the questionnaire’s filled in by you.
The aim for the study you have taken part in is to assess the faith group variance of attitudes toward mental illness
Currently there is a lack of research into how religion and spirituality affect attitudes toward mental illness, and research is warranted given the importance of providing appropriate and relevant health care.
Thankyou very much for your participation in this study, your information will be kept completely anonymous at all times.
If you have any further questions, issues or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact me. Kat Gibbard katgibbz@hotmail.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!