/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help: callin all lawyers

unknown_JJ
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
asalamu alaykum

hope you are all well

im an accounting student and for my degree i have to do a module on law.

i am stuck on a case study asignment on 'Insider dealing' which i have started but im having problems with my layout and finding the right cases. so far i have the case on timothy blackwood and Pervical v Wright (if anyone knowz wot im talkin about).i need 3 more cases at least.

i was wondering if anyone had an assignment on insider dealing that i could look at and get some ideas on how to layout cases, if possible.plz help.

if u dont wana post here u can PM me.

jazakAllah

take care

asalmu alaykum warahmatullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
i guess no1 knowz :(

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2008, 11:00 PM
sorry ukhtee.

but i'll bump it

Assalamu Alaikum

Muezzin
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Brief search in a law database brought this up:

'1653 The offence of insider dealing
text and notes 1–4—In accordance with EC Council Directive 89/592 arts 1 and 2, where the main shareholders and members of the board of directors of a company agree to effect between themselves stock market transactions in transferable securities to support the price of the company's shares artificially, they are not taking advantage of inside information if they are in possession of the same information on an equal footing: Case C-391/04 Ipourgos Ikonomikon v Georgakis [2007] All ER (EC) 1106, ECJ.

note 6—See Case C-384/02 Criminal proceedings against Grongaard [2006] 1 CMLR 785, ECJ.'
I'm afraid I've never studied Insider Dealing before though, so I can't go into much depth.

Do you just need the case name and reference? Or do you need to see the whole case? And if so can you access the whole case yourself?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
04-01-2008, 04:10 PM
*bump*

Who ever actually ACTUALLY helps her, gets a rep from me Lol.

Fishman
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
*bump*

Who ever actually ACTUALLY helps her, gets a rep from me Lol.
:sl:
I know nothing about this topic and I am acting as a mercenary in order to claim those 51 rep points! Must get massive rep!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insider_dealing
:w:

unknown_JJ
04-01-2008, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I know nothing about this topic and I am acting as a mercenary in order to claim those 51 rep points! Must get massive rep!
hehe nice try lol but got dat !

amille40
04-01-2008, 08:48 PM
You could always look at the Martha Stewart insider trading scandal in the US :P

unknown_JJ
04-01-2008, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Brief search in a law database brought this up:

I'm afraid I've never studied Insider Dealing before though, so I can't go into much depth.

Do you just need the case name and reference? Or do you need to see the whole case? And if so can you access the whole case yourself?
jazakAllah for that bruv, now that u have given the name i can access d whole case but how u get d case name in d 1st place, das wot i dont get , i actaully do have a massive booklet tellin me how to find it , but its 2 long 2 read lol

unknown_JJ
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amille40
You could always look at the Martha Stewart insider trading scandal in the US :P
kool i actually never herd of that lol

Muezzin
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
jazakAllah for that bruv, now that u have given the name i can access d whole case but how u get d case name in d 1st place, das wot i dont get , i actaully do have a massive booklet tellin me how to find it , but its 2 long 2 read lol
I used a law database to search through various commentary texts, which are basically legal encylopedias. So when I searched for 'Insider Dealing' it brought up the relevant entry which explains what it is and gives some case names.

If you have an Athens account you might be able to access legal databases to search for cases - but I don't recommend that, seeing as your course does not appear legally-based and you could risk just becoming even more confused by using out-of-date law etc.

Pk_#2
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullaah,

Hmm, alright then,

*Bump* *Pow*

unknown_JJ
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I used a law database to search through various commentary texts, which are basically legal encylopedias. So when I searched for 'Insider Dealing' it brought up the relevant entry which explains what it is and gives some case names.

If you have an Athens account you might be able to access legal databases to search for cases - but I don't recommend that, seeing as your course does not appear legally-based and you could risk just becoming even more confused by using out-of-date law etc.
r ya tryna say my assignment is easy, u havnt seen the question yet!! lol

yeh i do have access to westlaw with my athens account,but when i type it, i guess to me its lik information overload!duno wot bit to use, thank 4 ur help anyway, ill get thru it sumhow.tc

Muezzin
04-03-2008, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
r ya tryna say my assignment is easy, u havnt seen the question yet!! lol
I hadn't studied insider dealing before, I certainly didn't assume your assignment was easy!

yeh i do have access to westlaw with my athens account,but when i type it, i guess to me its lik information overload!
You could also use LexisNexis Butterworths. Many universities have their own student reps for LexisNexis who can help you to use it. Maybe it tells you more in that booklet you mentioned.

unknown_JJ
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
ok kool jazakallah 4 dat,

ima try and hunt down some lawyers in my uni lol, its due in 2 weekz time,but i wantd to get it done early coz i start a new job next week n im not sure if i can cope lol

tc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.