/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Channah
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I found this forum a little by accident but it seems quite a welcoming place so i thought id give it a go..

I am a member of what you would call '' people of the book '' ? I dont want to disclose exactly what faith i am since in the past ive been met with a lot of animosity by some muslims, who seemed to form opinions of me - not all of them pleasent - based purely on the fact of what faith i belong to..

Ive always had muslim friends and i work in a muslim area ... At first I started wearing a form of hijab and muslim style clothing just because i noticed that it made things easier for me in terms of the way i was treated and spoken too etc ..

So that lead to questions and more questions about islam.. Im already quite religious in terms of my own faith but sometimes it feels like theres something missing ..

so i guess im here to satisfy my questions about islam and to find out what it is that draws me to it ...

Im not sure if ill ever convert - right now thats just to complex to think about .. ( although i have tried to seriously imagine that scenario ) but i am reading through the Quran and theres a lot about islam that makes sense to me ..

so i think for now id just like to learn and to maybe ask some questions .. i hope thats ok with everyone .. ??

Ill apologise in advance for the ignorance of my questions.. my knowledge of islam is mainly drawn from the net - and there is bound to be gaps and mistakes ...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
04-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello/Salaam/Shalom!

I dont think you have to worry about disclosing your faith on any forum since if a retard starts on you becuse of that you simply move on since none can grab hold of you. My daddy used to chase after idiots and hatemongers but since he has gone I keep getting banned so shant be able to back you much except to say that ignore them and as long as you do not preach, I for one will be with you.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
:sl:
Welcome to the forum
i hope you have a beneficial time here :)
:w:

barney
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Hai to the Extreme!!

I wouldnt worry two much about disclosing your faith. We have everyone from Muslims, through scientologists to Pastafarians here.

As they say though, there is no compulsion in disclosure!

Welcome and have fun.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Hello or As salaam alaykum.

Welcome to LI Islamic. We don't mind what is your faith are! You can ask any of questions to us then we can trying to answer to you if we can!

Sister Fatima

------
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM
:salamext:

Peace!

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy....and be a good member and stay active :D

Muslim Woman
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Channah
so i think for now id just like to learn and to maybe ask some questions .. i hope thats ok with everyone .. ??

even if it's not ok with everyone , pl. do ask :statisfie

welcome to the forum :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
welcome to the forum..

hope your still around

peacce

Souljette
04-09-2008, 12:21 PM
WElcome to the forummmm mmay you benefit from this forum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.