/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im a Muslim - Get me out of Here!

Abu Muslim
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Take from Dhikrullah Yemen Blog

http://www.dhikrullah.com/yemen

March 29th, 2008

Im a Muslim! Get me out of here

Some of the benefits of living in a Muslim country

Allah [subhanahu wata3la] says in Sura Nisaa, verse 100:
He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful

And Allah [subhanahu wa ta3la] says in Surah Baqarah, verse 58:
“And those who migrate in the way of Allah and are then slain or die, Allah will most certainly provide them with a goodly sustenance. And verily Allah is the best of Providers”

Without wanting to go into the benefits of hijrah as there are many classical works on this by the ulema on the issue, here are just a few things that a Muslims in the west miss out on. Me being living in the west noticing when living the Muslim countries. Anyways, heres my views, the views of a “teenager”, well at least someone a little younger than the usual. Usually I noticed the people that make hijrah are a little older and when they tend once they have families/are married etc.
Many people may argue theres no such thing as a Muslim country these days bla bla, yes while that may be true and the true sharia may not be established fi ardAllah yet, there is not doubt that living amongst the Muslims in a majority muslim country is better for ones deen in general than living in a non muslim country.

Most of these observations were made in Egypt rather than Yemen as more time was spent there but these are common occurances in the Muslim lands from Malaysia to Mali [actually, scratch that, not sure if thats Muslim]

The Muslim Community

One of the most obvious benefits of living in a Muslim country is living amongst the Muslims as a majority. That means you can follow the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] and you can wear the niqaab without getting looks, you can wear a thawb and tupee without people being scared. Also despite the differences in the sects etc, ultimately you can be safe in the knowledge that everyone is in a a way united upon tawheed, everyone knows that Allah is the creator of the heavens of the earth and everyone prays to him [some may be praying to other stuff on the side] but its still nice knowing that everyone at the very least acknowledges Allah rather than in the west where people are lost like cattle and some think he doesnt exist or something else is Allah [glory be to Allah, above that which they associate with him].
Related to the community is the whole fact everyone celebrates the celebration of the Muslims; the Eidayn. You are respected for the fact that you are Muslim, regardless of your background or your race.

The Prayers

Being in a Muslim country it is that much easier to pray your 5 prayers on time. Obviously living in the west, there is still no excuse but many people find it hard for various reasons. In a Muslim country, everyone goes to pray, you will see big congregations going to the masaajid. The fajr salah is easier to wake up for as the adhaan is better than any alarm clock ever invented.
Allah SWT says in Surah Baqarah, verse 238: Guard strictly (five obligatory) the prayers, especially the middle Salat . And stand before Allah with obedience.

The Adhaan
One thing we really really miss in UK is the adhan, the 5 times call to prayer. You get it in East London for some salaats but just the feeling you get when you are awoken by the adhan for fajr is amazing subhan’Allah. And this is standard in any muslim country. Sometimes you may feel you are so caught up in the dunya that you may delay your salah slightly but in a Muslim country you are constantly reminded by the adhaan which plays. In Egypt particuarly, there are masaajid every few metres so if you somehow go death for 5 mins, instantly theres a few more reminders which follow up to remind you to pray salah.

Halaal

Obviously another advantaage is pretty much 100% of the food is halaal and you dont even have to ask in most cases. That means you see anything that you like, you go in and munch.

Emaan Boost

I found when I was in Yemen, just being in the country, even when doing nothing..that would give me a emaan boost subhanAllah. The fact you are around Muslims and you just walking on the street and blasting from someones bedroom up above the shop if the sweet recitation of the glorious Quran. I found that in the arab countries, Ali al Ajmy and Meshary Rasheed Efaasy were the two favourites.

Children
Probably one of the main reasons married couples/families make hijrah are for the benefit of the children. Everyone whos been born and raised in the west knows what the western society is like and very few would like their children to go through the same experiecnce and upbringing. Being in a Muslim country, well an arab country at least means your children will naturally pick up the language of the Quraan; arabic. Even though there are many dialects and very few are close to the pure fusha, going to a Muslim school, fusha is taught as standard. Also, the children will be brought up alongside Muslims who believe in Allah and the last day. They wont have these doubts as to the religion as everyone is a Muslim.

Not saying the children in Muslim countries are perfect, far from it. The sad reality being many of the nowadays face the same problems faced in the west, however the key being they at least have the western problems plus the benefits of the arabic language and emaan in their heart whereas the west just has the problems.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
O2K
04-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Great post! Subhanallah I dream of moving to an Islamic country. Inshallah after I finish school I can move to Islamic land. Inshallah

Mikayeel
04-03-2008, 01:17 AM
wsalam, my man! Jazaak Allah khair 4 dis detailed info :)

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
04-03-2008, 08:27 AM
:sl:
JazakAllahu Khair for the information.
I agree, when i was in Pakistan there were so many benefits.. ( apart from the climate and pesky mosquitoes ) but as a muslim, it made life so much easier because everyone was doing the same.
Here in the UK im always having to scan through the ingredients of food lables, and have trouble trying to reach a halal butcher.
The Adhan was amazing. That is something i miss the most...
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
04-03-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
JazakAllahu Khair for the information.
I agree, when i was in Pakistan there were so many benefits.. ( apart from the climate and pesky mosquitoes ) but as a muslim, it made life so much easier because everyone was doing the same.
Here in the UK im always having to scan through the ingredients of food lables, and have trouble trying to reach a halal butcher.
:w:
soooo true sister and can i add that clothes is a problem to some ppl in the uk.
and thanks brother for this information.
u have just remined me of yemen now. i love that country it was where i was born. and where i became a better muslim.

Abu Muslim
04-08-2008, 02:09 AM
barakAllahu feeekum everyone.

Muslim Woman
04-08-2008, 02:27 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)

It reminds me that ..yes .... me too missed Adhan most when in Bangkok for 1 month.

Eat veg , egg , fruits & no meat for 1 month was quite ok but I really missed the call for prayer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.