/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Future Plan Of Madinah (saudi Arabia)

ansar.tajudeen
04-04-2008, 05:50 PM
FUTURE PLAN OF MADINAH (SAUDI ARABIA)

source:I got in mail.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
:sl:
It may appear to be progress at first glance, but think of all the old structures and holy sites that will be buried and destroyed under concrete! And look at Masjid ul Nabi in the centre. All the hotels around it completely dwarf it and make it look small and unimportant. Astagfirullah! :raging:
:w:

aadil77
04-04-2008, 06:11 PM
looks nice, but is it neccessary:? The masjid just looks like the centre of attention with all those towering buildings surrounding it

S_87
04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
it all looks nice but the bedouin arabs are sure competing in these high buildings SubhanAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:27 PM
My above comments being said, if this was in any city other than the holy cities I would think it was pretty cool.

Nájlá
04-04-2008, 06:28 PM
what is the need of the big buildings around the masgid

Uthman
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
it all looks nice but the bedouin arabs are sure competing in these high buildings SubhanAllah
Exactly. How true were the Prophet Muhammad's words when he prophecised this happening. :(

Malaikah
04-05-2008, 01:47 AM

Relax people! Just because it is Madinah doesn't mean they aren't allowed to build!

As for the Prophets most being 'dwarfed', in the picture you can see that the buildings are very far away from the mosque, so the mosque will hardly be blocked from view, and even if it were, so what? Who ever said that it is wrong to build a building larger than the Prophets mosque? Lets not forget the original mosque had dirt as the floor and nothing but palm leaves for a roof!

Also don't forget at the end of the day Madinah is a city and they are in need of infrastructures just as much as any other city!

Lastly:

With regard to making a building tall for a legitimate purpose, such as to provide facilities and accommodation for the needy, or as a means of earning money, or because one has a lot of dependents and the like, there is nothing wrong with that as far as we can see, because things are to be judged by their purpose. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Actions are but by intention, and every man will have but that which he intended.” This hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim in their Saheehs from ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=101903&ln=eng

barney
04-05-2008, 02:01 AM
I recall reading in General Swarzkofts Autobiography about the house of Saud building a City for the bedouins. They built it, moved the nomads in and a few weeks later they all moved out again saying they diddnt like the place and wanted the stars above their tents.

It lay empty till 1991 when it housed the US Army during their stay in the first Gulf War.
Dunno the citys name offhand.

BTW, looks great. Nice job.

Malaikah
04-05-2008, 02:47 AM
By the way, do we have a proper source for this? Emails aren't always the most reliable of courses. :)

islamirama
04-05-2008, 05:47 AM
This could be just a working plan, one of many different ones they come up with often but don't always follow through. Even if they do plan to do this, i'm happy to see how they designed it. Just look at how far away those building are from the masjid, the masjid can breathe here at least. The scene in makkah is very sad. You have super tall hotels and newer and even taller then the last ones are being build, and they all all are right at the door of the haram. It's so suffocating and depressing to have them so close to the haram. But i don't think they will built all those buildings there, there just isn't that much need for it. Lot of people go to medina but no one goes there at once like they do in mekkah for hajj season.

S_87
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Relax people! Just because it is Madinah doesn't mean they aren't allowed to build!

As for the Prophets most being 'dwarfed', in the picture you can see that the buildings are very far away from the mosque, so the mosque will hardly be blocked from view, and even if it were, so what? Who ever said that it is wrong to build a building larger than the Prophets mosque? Lets not forget the original mosque had dirt as the floor and nothing but palm leaves for a roof!

Also don't forget at the end of the day Madinah is a city and they are in need of infrastructures just as much as any other city!

yes i understand all of that, id stay in such a hotels, but it still is a prophesy. its happening all over, dubai builds competes to build the tallest building- next saudi arabia is not hoping to build double the size of that.

Malaikah
04-08-2008, 03:08 AM

Is the intention in Madinah to compete though? We should at least be sure that they fall into the category of the hadith before we accuse them. (For which we should ask a person of knowledge).

*mu'min*
04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
if it is going to be build like this then to say the least it is upsetting.. if the need then why cant there be moderation.

and not to mention how some of us will miss the "old medina"

'Abd-al Latif
04-19-2008, 03:17 PM
asalamu 'alykum warahmatullah

where can i find more information about this? jazakAllah

Uthman
06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I was reading an article in the BBC Focus magazine and it confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt what Muhammad (pbuh) prophecised about the arabs competing in building tall buildings.

It was in this issue. It showed the plans for future skyscapers and their projected dates of completion. It appears that the Burj Dubai will not remain the world's tallest building for long. There are plans for a taller one to be built in Kuwait and another taller one after that (can't remember where though but it was somewhere in the Arab world).

Chuck
06-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm in the Gulf and here is crazy these days to build super-towers and they are competing with each other and rest of the world. Tallest building in the world in Dubai is about to finish. Another company is planning to announce 1km build right after its launch. Jeddah is planning to build 1mile building. In next 5 years most of the top 25 tallest buildings in world will be in GCC as there are super tall buildings are being built in Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, and Bahrain.

Somebody said these are dajjalic things, but I doubt it they are if these things are happening in Medina too. But I think Dajjal's time is near though so I'm planning to move to Medina.

north_malaysian
06-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I think those skycrapers are made for the pilgrims' accomodations... the bigger/taller the building..the more pilgrim could visit the Prophet's Mosque...and those buildings are nearer to the mosque...a very good thing for old folks...they dont have to walk long distance to the Mosque.

I hope they would build monorails too...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Well if more and more people want to go to Medina there will be more and more need make buildings that will accomedate.

Europe
06-16-2008, 03:16 PM
And Babylon shall collapse.:skeleton:

Fishman
06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Europe
And Babylon shall collapse.:skeleton:
Your a bit out of date, mate!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.