/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving your all to Islam

JIHADA
04-05-2008, 07:42 AM
ASAALAMALAIKUM BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I AM A NEW MUSLIM AND I WANT TO SERVE ALLAH IN THE FULLEST! I AM MARRIED TO AN UN BELIEVER AND WE HAVE BEEN SEPERATED SINCE 2003. I WOULD LIKE TO MARRY A MUSLIM BROTHER BUT CANNOT AFFORD THE DIVORCE! THIS IS OPPRESSING ME BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND LOVE IN ISLAM BUT CANNOT GIVE MY ALL.:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
04-05-2008, 08:13 AM
bump

some1 help her

Snowflake
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JIHADA
ASAALAMALAIKUM BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I AM A NEW MUSLIM AND I WANT TO SERVE ALLAH IN THE FULLEST! I AM MARRIED TO AN UN BELIEVER AND WE HAVE BEEN SEPERATED SINCE 2003. I WOULD LIKE TO MARRY A MUSLIM BROTHER BUT CANNOT AFFORD THE DIVORCE! THIS IS OPPRESSING ME BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND LOVE IN ISLAM BUT CANNOT GIVE MY ALL.:cry:
:sl: I don't know about other places, but in the UK, if you're unemployed, you should be entitled to legal aid. Without knowing where you live sis, it's difficult for me to suggest where to go for help. If you're in the UK, you can visit CAB (citizens advice bureau). They can definitely give you the best advice. All the best sister.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

sister have you considered hijrah (migration to an islamic land)?

maybe things will be easier for you there?

sorry if im of no help...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JIHADA
:w:

Have some Good news for you sister

Islamically, u are already divorced as there is NO marriage to a disbeliever.

“They are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them” [al-Mumtahanah 60:10]

Therefore, when you accepted Islam and became a Muslim, your previous marriage was automatically annulled.

So In the eyes of the Islamic law, you will not be committing a sin if you re-marry to a Muslim man.

See this Fatwa also:

Question:
What is the ruling about remaining in a marriage when the wife has become a Muslim but her husband is still a kaafir?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.
As soon as a woman embraces Islam and her husband refuses to do likewise, the marriage is annulled and it is not permissible for her to live with him. But she should wait out the length of the ‘iddah period. If he embraces Islam, she may go back to him and the previous marriage contract is still counted as valid, but if he does not embrace Islam before the ‘iddah is over, then they are no longer married. If he subsequently embraces Islam and they want to get back together, a new marriage contract must be drawn up.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1826&ln=eng
However, according to the law of the state (If you are living in a non Muslim country) you might have to get a "legal divorce" or something.

n for that, you can get in touch with a organisation that can help you such as a mosque or one like Muslimah sis mentioned.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.