/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you find another Mother?

smartcard
04-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Can you find another Mother?

But you can find another wife, so love and respect your Mother.

Islam teachers Heaven lies under the feet of your Mother.

Listen to this speech… 15 minutes
http://onereligion.info/can-you-find-another-mother.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
What if the mother does not respect you, then what?

Pen Marks
04-07-2008, 03:07 AM
u still gotta respect her ^^

barney
04-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Cant think of a more well known allegory.

Lets say hypothetically Rose West was a Muslim. (she's a notorious peadophille serialkiller)
Should her children respect her?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pen Marks
04-07-2008, 03:17 AM
well they should respect her for the fact that she’s their mother. Besides this doesn’t go only for Muslims. It’s a command for all of humanity.

smartcard
04-07-2008, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
well they should respect her for the fact that she’s their mother. Besides this doesn’t go only for Muslims. It’s a command for all of humanity.
Yes, it is 100% correct.

You have been commanded to respect your mother whether she is good or bad, if you follow that command by respecting your (good or bad) mother you will not have problem in Aahira, but of course your mother will have to face the Aahira for what she is.

Having said the that, if a bad mother sees her Son or Daughter is behaving good even when she is bad, there is a possibility she may change, so you will get more rewards for changing your mother to good by practicing Islam.

AvarAllahNoor
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Bull****! - We don't beleive such things. Evil is to be condemend be it mother or father, or your own child! - We're told to respect Mother too, but like I say, it has limits! Those that disagree, well, they have no morals!

Ghira
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
You non-Muslims are so funny sometimes. No other religion gives the rights to parents as much as Islam does. No other religion emphasizes the responsibilities we have of taking care of parents as much as Islam.

Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor." - Al Isra (17:23).

The Prophet, has said that "a person is indeed disgraced, who does not earn Paradise by caring for his parents during the life time and old age of his/her parents".

On another occasion, when asked about the major sins, the holy Prophet replied, "To associate someone with Almighty God, to disobey parents, to kill unlawfully, and to give false evidence".

A person once asked the holy Prophet, "Who has the greatest claim on me with regard to service and kind treatment?" The Holy Prophet replied, "Your mother and again your mother and once again your mother. After her is the claim of your father, then that of your near relatives, and then of the relations next to them". This shows that the claim of a mother is greater than a father over the care that you endow upon them in their old age. Serving and obeying parents is a matter of give and take. Those who treat and obey their parents can rest assured that their children will also show kindness and compassion to them. Respecting and caring the parents is a virtue of the highest order that continues to transcend generation after generation.

Allah says in the Qur'an that if our parents force us to worship anything else besides Allah, then we are not to obey them but "bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration)"
[31: 15]

It is unanimaous amongst the scholars that if Parents tell us to disobey God and the Messenger we don't have to do what they say.

Obeying to parents is linked with worshiping Allah. Shows the importance of obeying parents.

And your Lord decreed that you should worship none but Him and that you be dutiful to your Parents.(quran)

Even when they passed away parents still have rights over you
Malik ibn Rabi’ah Al-Saa’idi narrated: We were sitting with the Messenger of Allah - Sal Allahu alayhi wa Sallam - when an Ansari man came and asked, “O Messenger of Allah, is there anything left from my Birr to my parents that I should present to them after their death?” The Prophet - Sal Allahu alayhi wa Sallam - said, “Yes, four things: Pray and ask forgiveness for them. Fulfill their pledges. Be kind to their friends. And maintain the ties of kinship that come from only their direction. That is what is left from your Birr to them after their death.” [Ahmad, Abu Dawood, and Ibn Maajah]

If the parent is non-Muslim and commits biggest sin, associating partners with God we are still required to be kind and dutiful to them. As long as they don't force us to commit the same sins. We are encouraged to guide them and say words of kindness and pray for them. That is the mercy of our religion and love that people preach but few practice. If you don't like it go find another religion as merciful and just as Islam.

Na7lah
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
^^Jazakallah Khair

Ebtisweetsam
04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Bull****! - We don't beleive such things. Evil is to be condemend be it mother or father, or your own child! - We're told to respect Mother too, but like I say, it has limits! Those that disagree, well, they have no morals!
You wouldnt be here without her. That is enough..... but furthermore, she went through agony to get you out of her body, fed you, clothed you, looked after you when you were sick, comforted you in the middle of the night, when no-one else would. I can go on and on. A mother's role is endless.

Muslim Woman
04-08-2008, 01:56 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard

But you can find another wife,
I don't like this comparison. We all ( both men & women ) will respect mom as it's the command of Allah , advice of the last Prophet (p).

What it has to do anything with .....But you can find another wife ?

yes , some men behave like they are servants of their wives ....may Allah show them the right path but overall we must encourage all ( not only men ) to respect both mom & dad .

Huma*
04-08-2008, 09:33 AM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by smartcard

But you can find another wife, so love and respect your Mother.

Islam teachers Heaven lies under the feet of your Mother.

Listen to this speech… 15 minutes
http://onereligion.info/can-you-find-another-mother.htm
:thumbs_up Agreed...

In a well-loved hadith, the Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said, "Paradise lies at the feet of mothers." This means that we gain admission to Jannah (Heaven) through our treatment of our mothers. We can also be denied admission through mistreatment of mothers. It is said that no person will ever be granted access to Paradise if his mother died while angry with him. Now, obviously, there are many other factors that determine whether or not a person will ever see Jannah. This hadith simply shows the importance of being kind to our mothers.

Still another hadith reports that a man asked the Prophet (PBUH), "Who is most worthy of my love and respect?" The Prophet (PBUH)replied, "Your mother." The man asked, "And then who?" The Prophet (PBUH) again answered, "Your mother." The man asked one more time and received the same answer. When the man asked the question a fourth time, the Prophet (PBUH) answered, "Your father."

Most hadiths go on to explain why a mother is so special... she sacrificed her youth and beauty for her children, she bore them in painful pregnancies, she withstood pain in labor, and she breastfed through hardship. It is often discussed that mothers give up their lives for their children. In return, the children owe their mothers a lifetime of love, care, respect, and affection.

When you have been blessed with a loving, nurturing mom, you should celebrate her every day. Do not wait for a circle on your calendar. A true mother is a divine gift and should be treated as such year-round. :sunny:

May Allah accept our good deeds... Ameen!!

smartcard
04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
I don't like this comparison. We all ( both men & women ) will respect mom as it's the command of Allah , advice of the last Prophet (p).

What it has to do anything with .....But you can find another wife ?

yes , some men behave like they are servants of their wives ....may Allah show them the right path but overall we must encourage all ( not only men ) to respect both mom & dad .
The comparison is not to hurt or attack any wife, on the other hand most of the wifes are mothers. The comparison is to show that a husband has to give more priority towards his mother and not to forget her after seeing a new women in his life who is his wife.

In the Western culture when a Son get married and the Mother is old, his mother is belongs to Adult Care Center and the new women (wife) is belongs to the house. How it is possible to ignore your own mother after all she is the reason you are who are today!

May Allah guide all the Son's and protect all Mothers from bad children.

barney
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 2:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Command your children to pray when they become seven years old, and beat them for it (prayer) when they become ten years old; and arrange their beds (to sleep) separately.

A certain amount of dicipline is needed in the correct circumstances, for example if the children wont after a certain age go to prayer, then they should be beaten to it.
So as we can see there is justified actions that cant be considered acting cruelly as a mother, but simply their duty to bring their child up correctly.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
just cause your mothers evil dont mean you just demonise her!

out of your LOVE for HER you HELP her GET better SO learn TO live WITH your EVIL mother AND keep PRAYING to CHANGER her FOR the BETTER inshaALLAAH.

Assalamu Alaikum and peace to the non muslimz

aamirsaab
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
My mother is freakin awesome - I'm living proof of that!

See in Islam forgiveness and respect are very important things. So if say your brother starts acting like a right idiot (swearing at you, throwing objects, generally being an annoying git) then this doesn't make him any less of your brother. Sure it makes him a div, but he's still your brother.

With the mother it is different for she is the one who carried you, gave birth to you and played possibly the greatest role in your life. Noone comes close to the position that the mother plays with their child - not even the father. This is not just an Islamic perspective, but also a psychological perspective. So if your mother becomes abusive or mentally ill, then do not forget who she once was and do not lose respect for her.

Nájlá
04-08-2008, 05:17 PM
i loveeeeeeeeeeeee my mum.
jazakallah khair bro for this thread

Snowflake
04-08-2008, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Cant think of a more well known allegory.

Lets say hypothetically Rose West was a Muslim. (she's a notorious peadophille serialkiller)
Should her children respect her?
Respecting one's mother is a collective commandment for mankind in general. Without it society would disintegrate as a person would feel free to punish their mother if they felt they could, regardless of whether the blame on her was big or small.

As for individual cases, like Rose West's, where respect is destroyed, Islam does not command a child to respect such a parent. In this case a child can seek legal help, leave his/her parents and have them punished. Yes, punished!

The above statement can be confirmed by muslim scholars. :D

barney
04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Thats great. I would hate to think that you were trapped into acting with irrational respect.

It appears though that not everyone agrees with that point of veiw as seen in the above posts.

Muslim Woman
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM

I like the song of Yusuf Islam --Thank You Allah for my mother :)

though he missed few imp points in the song still it's good to hear the song :)

Snowflake
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
barney;925306]Thats great. I would hate to think that you were trapped into acting with irrational respect.
Fortunately, there is no irrationality attached with islamic teachings. But there is a lot of misconception due to ignorance of rights that concern delicate matters. Allah has clearly set limits for us in all our relationships. Whoever transgresses, has commited a sin/crime, for which Islam has set punishments. I think for the sake of increasing our knowledge, it is important for me to point out (with confirmation from a scholar) that the marriage between husband & wife is automatically nullified if one/both parents commit sexual abuse of their offspring. That is one of the severe consequences of such acts.

It appears though that not everyone agrees with that point of veiw as seen in the above posts.
It is not entirely their fault Barney. The importance of respecting one's parents has been drummed into us to the extent that the slightest deviation leaves one feeling guilty. I guarantee you there are cases of sexual abuse where children think they are still obliged to respect their parents; because they been told they have to in all matters. Islam's stance on child abuse hardly gets an airing. It's something rarely or never brought to our attention -whether by the victim or the scholars. No wonder that there is so much confusion regarding this issue. I hope this leads toward a better understanding regarding the views of my brothers and sisters here.

Peace.

barney
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Fortunately, there is no irrationality attached with islamic teachings. But there is a lot of misconception due to ignorance of rights that concern delicate matters. Allah has clearly set limits for us in all our relationships. Whoever transgresses, has commited a sin/crime, for which Islam has set punishments. I think for the sake of increasing our knowledge, it is important for me to point out (with confirmation from a scholar) that the marriage between husband & wife is automatically nullified if one/both parents commit sexual abuse of their offspring. That is one of the severe consequences of such acts.

It is not entirely their fault Barney. The importance of respecting one's parents has been drummed into us to the extent that the slightest deviation leaves one feeling guilty. I guarantee you there are cases of sexual abuse where children think they are still obliged to respect their parents; because they been told they have to in all matters. Islam's stance on child abuse hardly gets an airing. It's something rarely or never brought to our attention -whether by the victim or the scholars. No wonder that there is so much confusion regarding this issue. I hope this leads toward a better understanding regarding the views of my brothers and sisters here.

Peace.

Yeah, I hope so too. :)

Danah
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
jazak allah khair for sharing

the only case where the son has to disobey the parents is when they order him to disobey Allah
but eventhough, he must at least respect them becuase the fact that they are his parents

AvarAllahNoor
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
What about the father? NOBODY care bout da daddy! :P

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Me:I hope this leads toward a better understanding regarding the views of my brothers and sisters here.
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Yeah, I hope so too. :)
I meant I hope you now understand why some of my brothers and sisters have the views they do i.e. it isn't their fault entirely

barney
04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I meant I hope you now understand why some of my brothers and sisters have the views they do i.e. it isn't their fault entirely

Yeah, I gathered thats what you meant! :)

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
lol ok, ty Barney

*Behna*
04-14-2008, 09:48 PM

thanks.

there there
04-15-2008, 02:08 AM
You can find some woman who'll give you food, clothes and a nice bed to sleep in.
You very rarely find another mother.

Snowflake
04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
^wow, well said there there!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.