/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiving is a real pleasure

cute123
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
:sl:
Nature wise I am very impatient and want or demand justice that very second and if I see anything wrong try to or make it correct at that very moment. It sounds very good but its difficult to live with , you always become all alone, I never knew the reason , because for myself I was always right , but this incident made a gr8 change to me . I learnt to forgive and forget , i dont want to get the details, I was wronged and I punished the person (nothing serious related to work /reports) , the person was in power with me , he is a colleague of mine Muslim, but its like I could go on and do what I want to do ,I did it, but still there was no peace inside , I had the complete power,nobody could do anything to me, but something or I dont know exactly what, made me reverse all the things that I did. I had a talk with that person and forgave him, it sounds all simple but believe me its like we hurt each other and live like that and years pass by thats not human, but we normally do it, for the first time in my life i felt forgiving is such a pleasure,
it makes you big ,your heart broad, just learnt that not always should you go just by your mind, and anything done in anger is worst just for you and nobody else, I wish really wish - that even in the slightest any heart would have been hurt by me, wish that i could get that forgiveness, as people might not be the same , but hearts are all same , they feel the same pain , let them be in any person . and specially of a person who fears ALLAH ,
just felt like sharing it with all of you.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
:salamext:

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."

snakelegs
04-08-2008, 11:15 PM
forgiveness is sometimes very difficult, but it is so freeing when you do! it's one of the best things you can do for yourself, as well as for the other person.

glo
04-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I have heard somebody (I don't remember the name) say, that if forgiveness doesn't come easily, you should treat the person who wronged you as if you had forgiven them, i.e. treat them with politeness and respect. Then true forgiveness may follow.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
good suggestion.
another thing that works well is to pray for the person you are having hard feelings about.

cute123
04-09-2008, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
Walaikum assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barkatahu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.