/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* The Prophet Mohammad SAW as a Husband *!*

Khayal
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

How was the Prophet Treating his Wives?

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) dealt justly with his wives, loved them, fondled them, and was patient and loyal with them. His actions sprang from a feeling of responsibility and because Allah the Almighty has created him righteous and equitable by nature.

Lady A'isha said that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) never preferred one wife more than the others and used to see them all in their homes everyday although he used to spend the night with one only.

Treating his wives with equity never changed according to the change in his conditions. Whether he was traveling or present he was equitable. When he wanted to travel he used to pick without personal preference (through some way like drawing straws) which wife to accompany him.

He used to spend one day and one night with each wife except when Lady Sauda Bint Zam'a reached old age and no longer had sexual desires she dedicated her day and night to Lady A'isha may Allah be pleased with them. By doing so, Lady Sauda was also seeking to please the Prophet (PBUH).

Another form of dealing justly was when the Prophet married a virgin he would stay with her for three nights not to let her feel lonely and then he would spend with her the same as his other wives. When he (PBUH) married Umm Salama he said to her: "There is no lack of estimation for you on the part of your husband. So if you desire I can spend a week with you, and if you like I may spend three (nights) and then I will visit you in turn." She said: "Spend three (nights)."
Narrated by Muslim.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) treated his wife equally even in his last days when he was very sick. He used to go to each of his wives in her turn. Lady A'isha said that when the Prophet became too sick he asked her wives for permission to be nursed at Aisha's. They agreed of course.

In another narration, Lady A'isha said that Prophet Muhammad asked in his last days: "Where should I be tomorrow?" hoping it to be the turn of A'isha. His wives permitted him to stay wherever he wanted. He stayed with Lady A'isha until he died. He died in Aisha’s arms.

Although that the Prophet (PBUH) treated his wives with perfect equity in what he could control, he apologized to Allah the Almighty that he could not be equitable in what he could not control. Lady A'isha may Allah be pleased with her reported that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) used to treat his wives equally and say: "O Allah, this is how I divide what I can control. O Allah do not blame me for what You control and I can not control." Abu Dawoud said: "Prophet Muhammad meant what is in his heart."

Because feelings are out of our hands and in the hands of Allah;men married to more than one wife are not obliged to equally love each wife but to be equal in spending time with them and expenses. However, the Prophet implores Allah to forgive him for loving Lady A'isha more. Allah says: Allah controls our feelings and hearts and made the love of Lady A'isha greater in the heart of the Prophet than the love of any other woman. That he could not control indeed. "And the ones who bring whatever they bring with hearts tremulous that they are returning to their Lord"
(Al-Mu'menun:60).

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stressed on the importance of dealing justly with wives because otherwise on the Day of Judgment the man will be severely punished.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the faithful believers' example. Allah says: "Indeed you have already had a fair example, in the Messenger of Allah, for whoever hopes for Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much."
(Al-Ahzab: 21)

The sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) are legislations guiding his 'Umma' nation to the righteous path. We should follow in the footsteps of the Prophet except for the actions intended by Allah the Almighty to be for the Prophet alone.

Source.

2 b Continued!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
:arabic6:

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

Pampering his Wives and Treating them Kindly

:salamext:
We all read about the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the fields of education, faith, politics, war, or economy but seldom was written or published about his life (PBUH) inside his house and his relationship with his wives. A person well informed about the familial relationships of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) finds out that it included meanings that we desperately miss in our present time. These meanings would contribute to the stability of our homes and marriages. In this article we are giving some examples of Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) consideration to the feelings of his wives, his appreciation, and manifestation of love.

Lady Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her once asked Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): "How is your love to me?" He said: "Like a rope tied in knot." She said: "How is the knot?" He said: "Same as ever." He meant his love has not changed and as a knot is settled in his heart. Let us imagine Lady Ai'sha's feelings and her happiness after listening to her husband describing his love to her, knowing before hand that she is his most loved wife and has listened to him over and over saying that she-may Allah be pleased with her was favored above all women. His words must have pleased her no doubt.

Calling one's wife with the name she loves the most or with a nickname or a musical name is one of the forms of pampering and being kind to one's wife. This can be seen in the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who, in a saying 'Hadith' that is agreed upon by scholars, used to say to his wife Ai'sha: "Ai'sh, O Ai'sh, this is Gabriel saying peace be upon you."

He also used to call Ai'sha: "Homayraa'"-a short form of "Hamraa'" which, according to Ibn Kathir in The End 'Al Nehaya' , means the white skinned woman. Althahabi also said that "Hamraa'" in the language of the people of 'Hegaz' means white and blushing-a rare feature among them. So Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to treat Ai'sha kindly and call her with lovely names.

Imam Muslim said that Ai'sha reported that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to kiss one of his wives while fasting which made her laugh may Allah be pleased with her.
In another saying 'Hadith', Ai'sha said that Muhammad (PBUH) said that the best of the believers is the one who is best in manners and kindest to one's wife.

These sayings 'Hadiths' demonstrate how Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) cared for his wives and how well he treated Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her. One of the forms of cuddling and well treating one's wife is feeding her with one's own hands. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "Whatever you spend is considered charity even the mouthful that you put in your wife's mouth." Even the food that one feeds one's wife with one's hands is considered an act of charity that is rewarded by Allah (SBWT) and not only an action that guarantees one her love and cooperation.

Cuddling and being kind to one's wife has a tremendous emotional effect on her. This action of following the example of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) costs a man nothing and grants him Allah's reward, his wife's love and cooperation. Therefore a man is commanded to cuddle and treat his wife kindly.

A man's nature dictates him a certain way of expressing his feelings and it is different from a woman's. A woman expresses her love with words like, I love you, I miss you, I need you, etc. On the other hand, a man expresses love in action and production and seldom with words. If a man wants to tell his wife that he loves her he buys her something she wants or brings some food and drinks or furniture to the house. According to a man, this is a form of expression.

The generous Prophet has indeed overcome this negative trait in the nature of men. He used to describe his love and passion verbally for Lady Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her, treated her kindly, pamperd her, and let his wives hear what they wished for from their beloved husband. This is an important aspect in a relationship. Ibn Assaker narrated that Lady Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her said that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told her: "I could not care less to die knowing that you are my wife in heaven." Imagine Lady Ai'sha's emotions having heard the words that guaranteed her security, love and peace in this life and in the hereafter.

Al Aas Ibn Al Rabee' the husband of Zaynab the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) leaves Makkah escaping Islam. She sends him to return and embrace Islam. He sends her a letter, an extract of which is: "By Allah, I don't see your father as an offender and I love nothing more than following the same rout with you dear beloved. However, I hate being said that your husband has let his people down. Would you consider this and pardon me?" The letter demonstrates that Al Aas loved zaynab and wanted to be with her in whatever road. Moreover he hated that people would talk in a way that displeases her. At the end he asks her to consider and pardon him, for the sake of that love Zaynab could go to him and return with him a Muslim.

Some writers demonstrate the respect of the West to women by giving examples like a husband opening the door to the car to his wife. At the surface, this is respect. However, a mature person can see many aspects in which a woman is being offended and disrespected in the West. Muslims do not have the issue of man/woman conflict because they believe each one completes the other and that mutual respect is a must.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is our example in this. One time during his stay alone in adoration of Allah in the last ten days of Ramadan, his wife Lady Safeya came to visit him and spoke with him for some time then went to the door. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) led her to the door to say goodbye. In another narration, he told her: "Do not hurry to leave till I come with you." Her house was at Ussama's and he (PBUH) left with her. Respect is the source of continual love and stability in a family. Therefore we wish it to prevail between a man and a wife.

If spouses treated each other in such way, a marriage would definitely be beautiful. We desperately need to leaf through the life of the Prophet (PBUH) and the Islamic history to discover the most beautiful theories in the art of marriage.

:wasalamex

Khayal
04-12-2008, 05:32 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

The Prophet’s Way of Applying Love

To apply love between couples you need to be an inventor, a creative woman like Lady Aisha. Lady Safiea (May Allah be pleased with her) asked Aisha one day to try to let the Prophet excuse her because he was angry with her because of some matter and she will give Aisha her day. Lady Aisha wore a long saffron colored veil after and spread water on it to make it smell well. She went to the Prophet and sat beside him but he said: "Aisha, go now it is not your day." She said: "It's the favor of Alla being given to whom he want" and she told him the story.

A woman asked Lady Aisha about henna. She replied:” My beloved (PBUH) loved its color and hated its smell.” Notice how she used the love language in describing the Prophet’s opinion.

From the Prophet’s side, he has also his ways in applying love.
Lady Aisha was asked about the first thing the Prophet was making when entering his home. She replied: he was using siwak (arak stick for tooth cleaning).Narrated by Muslim
Some scholars said that the Prophet did that to kiss his wives when arriving home.
Al Bukhary narrated :”Lady Aisha said that she was perfuming her husband; his head and beard. She was also combing the Prophet's hair even if she was menstruating."

Now some of men don't beautify themselves for their wives besides the bad smell of smoking persons. Some don't care for their bodies and armpits smell, clothes, hairs and nails. They neglect embellishments towards their women.
Women have rights to see and smell all good from their husbands. Follow the Prophet’s example in that matter and you will see how these things increases love between husbands and wives.

Ibn Abbas said that he was beautifying himself for his wife because it is her right to see him in his best conditions as he likes the same from her.
The Almighty Allah said: ". And they (women) have rights (over their husbands) similar (to those of their husbands) over them to what is reasonable "
(Al Bakara:228)

Another example :
A women came to Omar Ibn Elkhatab and asked him to divorce her from her husband. When the Khaliefa saw him he knew the reason of his wife’s hatered towards him. So he ordered him to have a bath, adjust his nails, his hair and his clothes. His wife didn't recognize him at the beginning, then she knew him and yielded the idea of divorce because she became very happy with this great change.

Yahia Ibn Abdelrahman Alhandhaly mentioned that he saw Muhammad Ibn Alhanafia in a red wrap and his beard was dropping some scents from it. When he asked him about that, he answered him that it is for the sake of his wife who likes to see him like that, the same way he likes to see her in.

Learn the ways of increasing love between you and your wife…Follow the example of the Prophet and his companions May Allah be pleased with them…
Apply what you like to see from your wife upon yourself to strengthen all love relationships and live a happy live…

Khayal
04-14-2008, 04:10 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

The Prophet’s Good Companionship

No woman know a good marital companionship –as that companionship means in the perfectness of a person- as she knew of the Prophet of Allah (PBUH), which is clear in the Holy Quran in his attitude, sayings, and deeds.

The most things that specifies the Prophet’s morals with his wives was his good companionship, cheerfulness, joking with his family, laughing with his wives, mildness and generosity .

Even when he was racing with Aisha – mother of the believers, may Allah be pleased with- in the desert in one of his trips, is to show love to her by that. She said that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) raced me and I won, that was before I gained some weight. Then I raced him after that and he won. He said:" we are equal."

The Prophet used to gather his wives everyday in the house of the one he will spend the night with. He eats dinner with them sometimes then everyone leaves to her home. He was sleeping with his wife under one slogan, which is; to take off his rope from his shoulders. After praying al Ishaa prayers (which is the last prayer of the day), he goes home and sits with his family a little before he goes to sleep.

The Prophet (PBUH) put a criterion for the best of men in the good treatment to their wives. He said:" the best one of you is the best to his family, and I am the best one of you to my family. "
Narrated by At-Tirmithy

That is because artificiality and pretension of high moral standards becomes weak when the person feels that he has authority and power and becomes weaker when he stays a long time with the one he has authority on. If the person keeps on his moral perfection in a society he has power on and has continuous intimacy with, so this is the best person in morals.

If the Prophet (PBUH) is the best one for his family, so his intimacy to them must be really perfect ,in all means of moral perfection, behaviors ,love, justice, mercy, loyalty, and all what marital life demands in all conditions and days.
Sunnah books, Shamael, and Seerah clarified that. That is what honorable Sunnah shows in many of the Prophet’s sayings regarding his behaviors with his family and his treatment to them.

A- About the Prophet’s love to them Anas Bin Malek –may Allah be pleased with- says:
(1) the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) said:” the dearest things to me are; women, perfume, and my tranquility is in prayers.”
Narrated by Ahmed and others.

(2) Amr Bin al Aas – may Allah be pleased with_ asked the Prophet :” O Prophet of Allah who is the woman you love most?” the Prophet replied: “Aisha”. Amr said:” And from men,?” he said:” her father.” Narrated by At-Tirmithiy

B- About the Prophet’s playing with his family, Aisha – may Allah be pleased with- says:
(1) I was playing with my friends at the Prophet’s home and when he (PBUH) arrives, they leave, so he let them come in to play with me again.”
Narrated by Al-Bukhary

(2) Aisha -may Allah be pleased with- said :” the prophet of Allah (PBUH) was standing at the door of my room covering me with his rope; to look at the playing of the Ethiopians with their spear. He was very much concerned of Aisha’s young age who keens on having amusement”

(3)We also mentioned the previous hadith talking about the Prophet’s race with Aisha – may Allah be pleased with- which shows that the Prophet’s kindness and mercy.

(4)An example of his good companionship and the nobility of his morals:
Aisha- may Allah be pleased with- said :” I was drinking while I was menstruating and then gave the cup to the Prophet (PBUH) so he put his mouth where I put mine to drink.”
Narrated by Muslim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

The Patience of the Prophet (PBUH) with his Wives

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the ultimate human example on being patient with one's wife(s). In spite of his highness at Allah's sight and at people's, it was never heard of a man who had more patience with his wife(s). Researching Prophet Muhammad's patience, you will come across enough evidence.

It was reported that Umar Bin Al Khattab may Allah be pleased with him said: "We-the tribe of Quraish used to overpower our wives. When we were encountered by 'Al Ansar' we found out that the women overpowered the men. So our wives started to learn from 'Al Ansar's' women their ethics. Umar also said that once his wife shouted at him and disagreed with him on something, he disapproved. She asked him why he disapproves; whereas the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) sometimes disagree with him and abandoned him for a whole day. Umar was dismayed and told her that whoever did this did it to her loss. Then he went to Lady Hafsa and told her: O Hafsa, do any of you stay angry with the Prophet (PBUH) a whole day? She said: "Yes". He said: "You are in loss, don’t you fear Allah’s anger because of the Prophet’s, so that you will be doomed? “.
This saying 'Hadith is taken from Al Bukhary.

Note how Umar may Allah be pleased with him was angry because of a simple disagreement from his wife, while the Prophet (PBUH) accepts the same from his wives with great patience being the generous Prophet and great 'Imam'.

Moreover, in such situations he used to treat them kindly. Lady Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her said: "Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told me: "I can tell when you are pleased with me and when you are not". I said: "How can you tell?" He said: "If you are pleased with me you swear saying: "No, by Muhammad's Lord" and if you are not, you swear saying: "No, by Abraham's Lord."" She said: "Yes by Allah, Prophet of Allah. I can only abandon your name."
This saying 'Hadith' is from Al Bukhari.

Annas may Allah be pleased with him reported: "The Prophet of Allah (PBUH) was with one of his wives then another wife sent him a plate of food. The one that the Prophet was at her home hit the hand of the servant who was carrying the plate. It fell down and broke to pieces. The Prophet collected the broken pieces and the food and said: "Your mother [His wife] is jealous." He then kept the servant until he brought a new plate from the wife who broke the plate to give it to the other wife and kept the broken one at the home of the one who broke it."
Narrated by Al Bukhari

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) overlooked all the doings of his wives, forgave them and was ever patient, even though he was capable of leaving them and Allah would have compensated him with better worshipping, Muslim, believing women, virgins and non virgins as promised in case he divorced them.

“And (remember) when the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives (Hafsah), so when she told it (to another i.e. 'Aishah), and Allah made it known to him, he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her (Hafsah) thereof, she said: "Who told you this?" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allah) has told me (3)
If you two (wives of the Prophet , namely 'Aishah and Hafsah) turn in repentance to Allah, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes), but if you help one another against him (Muhammad ), then verily, Allah is his Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.), and Jibrael (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.(4)
It may be if he divorced you (all) that his Lord will give him instead of you, wives better than you, Muslims (who submit to Allah), believers, obedient to Allah, turning to Allah in repentance, worshipping Allah sincerely, fasting or emigrants (for Allah's sake), previously married and virgins.(5) “
( At Tahrim: 3-4-5)

But he (PBUH) was merciful and the more he was mistreated the more he was patient.

Khayal
04-17-2008, 07:40 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

The loyalty of the Prophet (PBUH) towards his Wives

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was immensely honorable and loyal to his wives especially to Lady Khdaija may Allah be pleased with her. Although Lady Ai'sha never saw Lady Khadija and was never harmed by her, she said: "I was never more jealous of a wife of the Prophet than I was of khadija because the Prophet (PBUH) mentioned her and praised her a lot."

'Narrated by Al Bukhari'

The loyalty of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to his wives was clear when the “verse of choosing” was revealed-:

{O you Prophet, say to your spouses, "In case you would (like) the present life (Literally: the lowly life, i.e., the life of this world) and its adornment, then come, and I will allow you (the necessary) enjoyment and will release you a becoming release}

(Al Ahzab:28)-

first he went to Lady Ai'sha and told her that he will tell her something and that she should not rush to make a choice until she discusses it with her parents. Considering that she was young, he was worried that she would choose worldly pleasures and lose this life and the hereafter. But she knew what was good for her more than her parents. She told the Prophet (PBUH): "Do you want me to discuss this with my parents? I choose Allah, His Prophet, and the hereafter."

After Lady Ai'sha had made her choice she asked the Prophet not to reveal it to any of the other women. He told her that Allah had not sent him obstinate but a tutor and a facilitator and he shall tell any of his wives if they ask. Then he went to tell his other wives and reported what Lady Ai'sha may Allah be pleased with her had chosen.

They all chose Allah, His Prophet, and the hereafter. They had the great manners of the Prophet (PBUH) and so chose what he chose and like him they abstained from pursuing worldly pleasures and only wanted the hereafter.

Khayal
04-20-2008, 06:06 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

The Prophet's Dealing Justly with his Wives

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) dealt justly with his wives, loved them, fondled them, and was patient and loyal with them. His actions sprang from a feeling of responsibility and because Allah the Almighty has created him righteous and equitable by nature.

Lady A'isha said that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) never preferred one wife more than the others and used to see them all in their homes everyday although he used to spend the night with one only.

Treating his wives with equity never changed according to the change in his conditions. Whether he was traveling or present he was equitable. When he wanted to travel he used to pick without personal preference (through some way like drawing straws) which wife to accompany him.

He used to spend one day and one night with each wife except when Lady Sauda Bint Zam'a reached old age and no longer had sexual desires she dedicated her day and night to Lady A'isha may Allah be pleased with them. By doing so, Lady Sauda was also seeking to please the Prophet (PBUH).

Another form of dealing justly was when the Prophet married a virgin he would stay with her for three nights not to let her feel lonely and then he would spend with her the same as his other wives. When he (PBUH) married Umm Salama he said to her: "There is no lack of estimation for you on the part of your husband. So if you desire I can spend a week with you, and if you like I may spend three (nights) and then I will visit you in turn." She said: "Spend three (nights)."
Narrated by Muslim.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) treated his wife equally even in his last days when he was very sick. He used to go to each of his wives in her turn. Lady A'isha said that when the Prophet became too sick he asked her wives for permission to be nursed at Aisha's. They agreed of course.

In another narration, Lady A'isha said that Prophet Muhammad asked in his last days: "Where should I be tomorrow?" hoping it to be the turn of A'isha. His wives permitted him to stay wherever he wanted. He stayed with Lady A'isha until he died. He died in Aisha’s arms.

Although that the Prophet (PBUH) treated his wives with perfect equity in what he could control, he apologized to Allah the Almighty that he could not be equitable in what he could not control. Lady A'isha may Allah be pleased with her reported that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) used to treat his wives equally and say: "O Allah, this is how I divide what I can control. O Allah do not blame me for what You control and I can not control." Abu Dawoud said: "Prophet Muhammad meant what is in his heart." Allah controls our feelings and hearts and made the love of Lady A'isha greater in the heart of the Prophet than the love of any other woman. That he could not control indeed.

Because feelings are out of our hands and in the hands of Allah; men married to more than one wife are not obliged to equally love each wife but to be equal in spending time with them and expenses. However, the Prophet implores Allah to forgive him for loving Lady A'isha more. Allah says: "And the ones who bring whatever they bring with hearts tremulous that they are returning to their Lord" (Al-Mu'menun:60).

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stressed on the importance of dealing justly with wives because otherwise on the Day of Judgment the man will be severely punished.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the faithful believers' example. Allah says: "Indeed you have already had a fair example, in the Messenger of Allah, for whoever hopes for Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much." (Al-Ahzab: 21)

The sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) are legislations guiding his 'Umma' nation to the righteous path. We should follow in the footsteps of the Prophet except for the actions intended by Allah the Almighty to be for the Prophet alone.

Khayal
04-21-2008, 06:03 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

Khadijah
(May Allah be pleased with her)

Birth and Upbringing
Khadijah Bint Khuwailid ibn Asad ibn `Abdul `Uzza (Kusai ibn Kilab), a Qurai****e woman from the clan of Asad, was born in 68 before Hijra (The Prophet's immigration) i.e., 556 AC. She was brought up to a noble and leading family. She was blessed with good qualities. She was famous for being a chaste and sensible woman with firm determination. During the pre-Islamic period, she was called At-Tahirah (The Pure).

As a wealthy merchant, Khadijah used to hire some people to speculate in her money. Hearing about Prophet Muhammad's honesty and noble character, she offered to hire him to be in charge of her business journey to the Levant and sent her servant Maysarah with him. He (peace be upon him) accepted her offer and soon Khadijah's profits doubled. Her servant Maysarah used to tell her about Prophet Muhammad's exemplary character. Admiring Prophet Muhammad's noble character, Khadijah proposed to him (peace be upon him) to get married to him. The Prophet (peace be upon him) agreed. Khadijah called in her Uncle Amr ibn As`ad ibn `Abdul `Uzza who soon came and marriage was concluded. At that time Khadijah was forty years old while Muhammad (peace be upon him) was twenty five years old.

Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) was Prophet Muhammad’s first wife and his most beloved wife. He did not marry another woman in her lifetime. She bore him two sons and four daughters. She bore him Al-Qasim – part of the Prophet's nickname Abu Al-Qasim i.e. father of Al-Qasim-, Abdullah, Ruqayyah, Zaynab, Umm Kulthoum and Fatimah.

Professing Islam

When Allah (the Almighty) sent Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) with the Message of Islam, Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) was the first person to believe in Allah and His Messenger. Of all men and women, Khadijah was the first to embrace Islam. She as well as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to pray in secret till the period of public Calling to Islam.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) underwent much suffering and faced utter disbelief from the polytheists of Quraish and it was Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) who used to relieve his suffering and console him.
When Allah (the Almighty) sent the Archangel Gabriel with Revelation to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), he said to Muhammad: "Read in the Name of your Lord! Who created…" Muhammad then rushed to Khadijah with his heart beating severely with fear. He said: "Cover me! Cover me!" She covered him till his fear was over. Then he said: “O Khadijah, what is wrong with me? I am afraid something bad may happen to me.” Khadijah replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

After that Khadijah took him to her cousin Waraqah ibn Nawfal ibn Asad, who converted to Christianity in the pre-Islamic period and who used to write in Arabic. He used to put the Gospel from Hebrew into Arabic as much as Allah willed him to write. He was an old man who lost his eyesight. Khadijah said to Waraqah, "O my cousin! Listen to the story of your fellow man." Waraqa asked, "O my fellowman! What have you seen?" Then Prophet Muhammad described what he had seen. Waraqah said, "This is the same one (Archangel Gabriel) who keeps the secrets, and whom Allah had sent to Moses."

Her place in the Prophet's Heart
Khadijah was a sensible, noble, pious, chaste, and generous woman. She was given glad tidings of entering Paradise. Allah (the Almighty) ordered His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him) to give her glad tidings of having a palace in Paradise which is built from jewels with neither noise nor toil in it.

Of all Prophet Muhammad's wives, Khadijah had a special place in his heart. `Aishah said: "I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him) as much as I did of Khadijah though I did not see her, but the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadijah. Once when I said to him, "(You treat Khadijah in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadijah," he would say, "Khadijah was such-and-such, and from her I had children."

`Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) praised Khadijah every time he remembered her before he would leave the house. One day he (peace be upon him) praised Khadijah, then `Aishah felt so jealous and said: "Why do you remember an old woman, dead long ago, while Allah has given you a better one in her stead?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) got very angry and told her that Allah had not given him a better one in her stead as she (Khadijah) was the only person to believe in him when all people disbelieved, the only person to believe him when all people belied him, and the only one to bear him children when all his wives did not bear him children. Upon hearing this, A'ishah decided never to speak bad of Khadijah again.

Death:
Khadijah, the faithful supporter for Allah's Messenger in his pursuit of promulgating Islam, died three years before Hijra (the Prophet's immigration from Mecca to Madinah). She was sixty five years old then. Allah's Messenger interred her in the grave with his own hands. Khadijah's death was a big disaster to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) which, however, he faced with patience and total surrender to the Will of Allah (the Almighty).

nazapat
04-22-2008, 03:30 AM
assalamu alaikum wr wb !

may Allah rewards you !

Khayal
04-22-2008, 04:31 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

Lady Sawda bint Zam'a

The first woman Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) married after the death of his first wife Khdija bint Khwailed, and at this time the verse of the Hijab (women way of clothing) was revealed.

Her Name and Descent

She is the mother of the beleivers Sawdah bint-Zam’a bin Qais bin Abd Wed ibn Nasr bin Malek bin Hasal bin Aamer bin Loai Alqurashia Al Ameria ,and her mother Ash Shummous bint Qais bin Zaid bin Omar Al Ansariah.

Her Conversion to Islam;

She was a sublime and noble lady, one of the virtuous women of her time. Before her marriage to Prophet Muhammad (PBUP), she was married to her cousin who was called As-Sakran bin Amr. When she converted to Islam she took the oath of allegiance to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and her husband As-Sakran became a Muslim as well. They both migrated to Abyssinia where she suffered tremendously travelling with him till he died and left her behind sad and recessive with no assistance or profession and her father who was an aged man.

Her Marriage;

In a narration by Aisha (May Allah be Pleased with her), reported by Khawlah Bint Hakim Alsalmiah- Sawda’s companion in the migration to Abyssinia-: “when Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)was looking for a wife to run the household and take care of Fatima al-Zahra'(his daughter), he was told to marry Aisha, but he refused at that time because of her young age”. So Khawla told him about Sawda Bint Zam’a. She was a conscious middle aged lady, full of faith, even if her youth was gone and she was not much beautiful. Khawla did not even finish her speech when Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) praised Sawda and agreed to marry her.

Prophet Muhammad( PBUH) married Sawda Bint Zam’a while she had six sons, and her marriage was in Ramadan in the tenth year of Prophet hood ,after the death of Khadija- the Mother of the Believers - in Mecca (it was said ;year eight of al Hijra on a four hundred dirhams dowry), and migrated to al Madina.

Her virtue;

Sawda(may Allah be Pleased with her) is considered one of the virtuous of her time, she became a Muslim and took an oath of allegiance to Prophet Muhammad(PBUH),she migrated to Abyssinia, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)married her and she was one of the most loved ones to his heart of his wives, she was known for her righteousness and piety, she narrated a lot of the Prophet’s sayings and a lot were narrated about her. The verse of “Hijab” (literally "cover"; it describes the self-covering of the body for the purposes of modesty and dignity) was revealed in her time. One of her special features was her love of charity.

Her characteristics;

When the Mother of the Believers ‘Aisha (may Allah be Pleased with her) entered Prophet Muhammad's(PBUH) house as a beloved wife filling the eyes with youthfulness, funniness and cleverness, Sawda(may Allah be Pleased with her) wanted to abandon her post in the Prophet's (PBUH) house in which she did not see except mercy and dignity for the sake of ‘Aisha (may Allah be Pleased with her) whose affection , preference and pride of her father made her closer to the Prophet (PBUH),and that was a beautifulness that men adores .

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was pleased with ‘Aisha's (May Allah be Pleased with her) company for her cheerfulness and youthfulness in his house, so Sawda (May Allah be Pleased with her) got sulked and felt as being a prisoner in her husband's house. Prophet Muhammad asked Lady Sawda one day if she wanted divorce, knowing that her only needs from marriage is protection and comfort, and she had this in the Prophet’s house for she was living under the inviolability of the Prophet and the blessing of Allah the Almighty.

As her feminine jealousness was at ease, Sawda said: “Messenger of Allah; I have no keenness to be your wife like ‘Aisha, so keep me just to live near you, to love whom you love and to be pleased for your happiness.

Sawda consolidated herself to tame her jealousy with piety, and to give her day which the Prophet used to spend with her to ‘Aisha.

And after the Prophet (PBUH)married Hafsa bint Omar (May Allah be pleased with them) as a consolidation after her husband died and her age did not exceed eighteen, Sawda’s life was at ease living with two other wives of the Prophet, but she was closer to ‘Ayisha, trying to satisfy her for her husband's sake.

Sawda was of praise worthy ethics, a good woman that loves charity so much. ‘Aisha talked about her and said:'' the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) told the Prophet one day:''O Messenger of Allah, which one of us will be the next to die to follow you? He (PBUH) said: ''the one of you with the longest hand''. After the Prophet’s (PBUH) death we knew that the length of her hand was because of charity.

Her works;

Sawda narrated five Hadiths from the Prophet’s.

Abdullah bin Abbas and Yahya bin Abdul Rahman bin Sa'din Zarah Al Ansari reported from her.

Abu Dawood and Al Nasaie narrated from her.

Her Death;

Sawda died at the end of Omar bin Al Khattab’s khilapha .It is said that she died in Al Madinah Al Munawwara in Shawwal year fifty four. Ibn Abbas performed “sujoud” when she died.

When He was asked for the reason, he said:'' Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: if you see a sign kneel.'' So what sign is greater than witnessing the death of the Prophet’s wives………..

Khayal
04-23-2008, 04:18 PM

The Prophet Mohammad SAW
As a Husband!!

Lady Hind Umm Sallama

Her Descent
Hind was the daughter of Suhail who was known as Abi Umaya Ibn Almughira. She is from Quraish and from the family of “Makhzoum”. Her grandfather Almughira was known for his extreme generosity. Lady Hind was married to Abu Sallama Abdullah Ibn Abdul Assad Al Makhzoumi.

Her Qualities

Um Sallama was one of the most perfect women in reason and in manners. She and her husband Abu Sallama were among the first people who embraced Islam. She immigrated with Abi Sallama to Abyssinia, gave birth to Sallama, returned to Mecca, and then they immigrated to Madinah. She also had another daughter and a son from her husband Abu Sallama. She was the first woman to immigrate to Madinah. Abu Sallama died of a wound in the Battle of Uhud after fighting with dedication. Abi Salama always prayed to Allah that his family would be left with the best. In the fourth 'Hijri year 'post-immigration, the Messenger of Allah married Umm Salama after Abu Sallama's death; and she became the mother of all believers. Abu Sallama's children, Sallama, Omar, and Zaynab were raised up by the generous Messenger of Allah (PBUH).

She was among those (medium level) who were known in the field of “Fatwa”. Her opinion concerning religious issues was seriously taken among others like Othman, Abu Hurayra, Abdullah Ibn Amr, and Annas, etc.

Her Marriage to the Prophet (PBUH)

When the number of days, after which a woman is allowed to marry another man after her first husband's death, passed, Abu Bakr proposed to her to marry her but she declined. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH), pitying her and her orphans who were the children of his foster brother, proposed to her. She said that she is not good enough for marriage. Old as she was, she could never have more children. She said she is a jealous woman, and has children to support. The Messenger of Allah replied that he is older than her, and that Allah purifies hearts from jealousy. Umm Sallama then sent her son Omar Ibn Abi Sallama to marry her to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH).

When they were married, Lady A'isha may Allah be pleased with her became very sad because of what she heard about Umm Sallama's beauty. When she saw her she said that she was more beautiful than she imagined her to be.

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) once traveled and took with him Lady Safiya Bint Hoyay and Lady Umm Sallama. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) went to Safiya's Howdah thinking it is Umm Sallama's in Umm Sallama's day. The Prophet started talking to Safiya. Umm Sallama told him: "You speak to the daughter of the Jew in my day. Oh Messenger of Allah Pray that Allah would forgive me. That made me jealous..”

Her Characteristics and Morals

Umm Sallama gave the Messenger of Allah a correct opinion on the day of Hodaybeya. When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) reconciled with the people of Mecca, he told his companions to slaughter and then shave. Not one man did what he said even when he told them three times. He left them and went to Umm Sallama and told her what happened. She told him to go out to them and do first what he asked them to do. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) did as she told him; he started with the slaughter and shaving. When they saw him they immediately did the same.

Umm Sallama is one of the best examples for wives and mothers to follow in the way she raised her children, taught them good manners. She was a very good wife and mother. She was reasonable, had a solid character, could make her own decisions, and was very well mannered.

Her Role in Narrating the Prophet’s Sayings (Hadith)

Umm Sallama the mother of the believers narrated a lot of Hadiths. She is considered the second narrator after Lady A'isha; the mother of the believers. Umm Sallama narrated 378 Hadiths according to the book of Ibn Mukhallad. Bukhari and Muslim agreed upon 13 of them. According to 'Tohfat Al Ashraf' Umm Sallama narrated 158 Hadiths.

The Contents of her Reported Sayings

The presence of the two mothers of the believers, Umm Sallama and A'isha may Allah be pleased with them among the companions of the Prophet and outliving the Prophet (PBUH) with many years made many people ask them questions to get the right Islamic opinion from them. After the death of the mother of the believers A'isha in the year 58 Hijri, Umm Sallama may Allah be pleased with her - being the last of the mothers of the believers - was greatly sought for 'Fatwa' and narration of Hadiths. That made her narrations many. Um Sallama narrated a lot about purity, prayer, zakah, fasting, pilgrimage 'Hajj', funerals, marriage, battles, etc. That proves her sharp memory and her interest in the Prophet’s sayings 'Hadiths'.

Her Students

A generation of students (men and women) from different countries reported her narrations:

-Some of the Companions, such as:
Aisha, Abu Saeed Al Khudary, Omar bin abi Sallama, Anas bin Malik, Barida Al Aslamy, Sulaiman bin Barida, Abu Rafi’ and Ibn Abbas- May Allah be pleased with them all…

- Some Followers, such as:
Saeed bin Al Musayyab, Sulaiman bin Yasaar, Shakik bin Sallama, Abdullah bin Abi Malika, Amer Ash Shu’abi, Al Aswad bin Yazeed, Mujahid, Atta’ bin Abi Rabah, Shahr bin Hawshab, Nafi’ bin Jubair, and others…
-Some of the Women, such as:
Um Sallama’s daughter, Hind bint Al Harith, Safyya bint abi Ubaid, Umrah bint Abdul Rahman, and others.

-And some of Al Koufa women, such as:
Umrah bint Af’a, Jisra bint Dajajah, Um Masawer Al Hameeri, and others……

For more information see 'Amal Qirdash bint Al Hussein, The Role of Women in Serving 'Hadith' in the First Three Centuries, The book of Umma, Vol. 70.

Her Death

Lady Umm Sallama lived for about ninety years and was the last mother of believers to die in the year 62 Hijri.

cuezed
04-23-2008, 11:00 PM
May Allah help us to become better people and follow the Prophet's (pbuh) teachings and perfect example

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.