PDA

View Full Version : **33 Ways to develop Khusuu' in Salah**

Na7lah
04-10-2008, 01:55 AM
:salaam:

33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in Prayer
Sheikh Saleh al-Munajjid
A2Youth.com | Islam-QA.com

Praise be to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds, Who has said in His book (interpretation of the meaning), "…and stand before Allaah with obedience" [al-Baqarah 2:238] and has said concerning the prayer (interpretation of the meaning): "… and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for al-khaashi’oon…" [al-Baqarah 2:45]; and peace and blessings be upon the leader of the pious, the chief of al-khaashi’oon, Muhammad the Messenger of Allaah, and on all his family and companions.

Salaah is the greatest of the practical pillars of Islam, and khushoo’ in prayer is required by sharee’ah. When Iblees, the enemy of Allaah, vowed to mislead and tempt the sons of Adam and said "Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left…" [al-A’raaf 7:17, interpretation of the meaning], one of his most significant plots became to divert people from salaah by all possible means and to whisper to them during their prayer so as to deprive them of the joy of this worship and cause them to lose the reward for it. As khushoo’ will be the first thing to disappear from the earth, and we are living in the last times, the words of Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) are particularly pertinent to us: "The first thing of your religion that you will lose is khushoo’, and the last thing that you will lose of your religion is salaah. There may be a person praying who has no goodness in him, and soon you will enter the mosque and not find anyone who has khushoo’." [al-Madaarij, 1/521]

Because of what every person knows about himself, and because of the complaints that one hears from many people about waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan) during the salaah and the loss of khushoo’, the need for some discussion of this matter is quite obvious. The following is a reminder to myself and to my Muslim brothers, and I ask Allaah to make it of benefit.

Download your copy today!

it's really good Mashallah :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-10-2008, 09:16 AM
:sl:
Jazakallahu khair sis....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.