/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your emaan?

Umu 'Isa
04-11-2008, 03:11 AM
:salamext:
I'm just wondering how many of us are happy with our emaan at the moment.

Please state why, or why not insha Allaah :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amat Allah
04-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Asalamo Alikom

I am soo happy with my emaan my dear sister because every time I feel like I am closer and closer to my Lord Allah and inshaa Allah I will make it better with Allah`s assistance inshaa Allah...

may Allah make our emaan stronger and stronger with his guidance and reward us all with Al Jannah ......

Ameeeeeeeeeen

Umu 'Isa
04-11-2008, 03:46 AM
:wasalamex
masha Allaah wa'lhamdulillah sis.

Ameen to your du'a! Jazaki Allaah khayr for replying :)

adeeb
04-11-2008, 06:15 AM
this is the best i have.. i feel so peaceful inside and feel better and better..

by read quran and hadeeth, we will realize that we are creation and we will be back to our creator someday, insha Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
04-11-2008, 08:04 AM
:sl:

My emaan is not stable at the moment, not consistent enough. Alhamduliah I do all my prayers even when its low nd high.

I need to find the right balance, soon than later!

:w:

crayon
04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I have ups and downs... I've been in a trench for a while now.

Huma*
04-11-2008, 09:33 AM

yup, 100% I am proud of it..:thumbs_up. yet I feel there is a lot that I have to learn and to explore.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
make dua' for me, i miss my high emaan.... :(

Ummu Sufyaan
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
at the moment, its suffering, and suffering bad! god help me!:hiding:

Umu 'Isa
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
jazakum Allaah khayr for your responses :)

People that are happy with their emaan, do you have any tips for the ones that are struggling?

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
alhumdulillah, I'm satisfied that it's better than it's ever been, but I'm still not happy in the sense that I want it to be even deeper, stronger, and higher than it is right now. I want to be able to wake up in the dead of night and pray tahajjud, memorize the Quran or at least some lengthy surahs, physically be able to give dawah in my neighbourhood/area, increase my knowledge of the deen, be able to help people in general and I especially want to leave some form of sadka jariah behind me to benefit me in the next life, inshaAllah. I want to be the kind of person whom people will talk good of even when I'm not here anymore. InshaAllah. Until then how can I say I am truly happy right now? :(

Danah
04-11-2008, 10:18 AM
I need a little bit to do my best
may allah help me tp improve my emman in sha allah

Ummu Sufyaan
04-11-2008, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
People that are happy with their emaan, do you have any tips for the ones that are struggling?
even though i am one who isnt happry with their iman, im still going to say to those who are struggling, DONT WASTE TIME!

Al-Zaara
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Selam aleykum,

I must say I cannot imagine I will ever be able to say I am happy with the stage my Emaan is in. To be happy with it, I should attain something I know only few Muslims have gained by the will of Allah and I know I'm merely a regular being, so no, I am not able to say I will ever be happy.

Yet I am satisifed that I at least have faith and that my Emaan causes me to repent and fear Allah, wear hijab and keep away from many sins. Elhamdulillah. So yes, I am satisfied and as many I too have ups and downs. Momentally, I do feel down. Laziness has taken a hard grip on me and it has devestating results for my Emaan. But inshaAllah, I won't give up.

What often freshes me up is actually to make wudhu. I know it may sound weird and too little done to some, but I like to do wudhu as often as I can, even though the prayer time is not near. The water is cooling and it's like a time-out from everything. I take deep breaths and just clear my mind. At the same time as I make wudhu, I am sooo grateful that I have access to water anytime and it makes me humble inside and I am able to see things through the right perspectives.

These are the little things in life that have an huge impact on you.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I want to be the kind of person whom people will talk good of even when I'm not here anymore. InshaAllah. Until then how can I say I am truly happy right now? :(
MashaAllah, those are wonderful aspirations you've got sister, keep striving to achieve them!

I quoted this part of your post 'cause it reminded me of a quote and thought, maybe I should put it here, for people to remember:

He who wishes that people always remember him with goodness is neither God-fearing or sincere. - Shaykh Ibrahim ibn Adham

---

One must be satisifed in one's situation so that we won't seem ungrateful but at the same time feel the need to do better, knowing one can do better which inspires and strengthens us, inshaAllah.

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
Tip 1
the best way to increase our imaan is not just to desire it but to physically do things that help e.g. one nite I decided my bedtime read would be a book on the virtues of certain surahs. It helped my imaan in the way that, that night I read Surah Yasin before I slept and then decided to do it after Fajr too.

Tip 2
read the Quran with understanding (translation) You can't help but feel closer to Allah.

Tip 3
Don't give up salah. Even when you don't feel like it, remember you've got lots to be thankful to your Lord for, so remind yourself that He deserve to be worshipped for all the blessings He's given you. It really helps create the mood for praying.

Tip 4
Slam on the breaks! When you're tempted to talk about someone behind their back or do whatever else that's wrong, remember Allah is watching you and you're being recorded. You'd slow down if you were speeding in a car and spotted a speed camera. Only this case you gotta apply the emergency brakes and stop before you crash head-on into sin.

Tip 5
Later....

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE]
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

I must say I cannot imagine I will ever be able to say I am happy with the stage my Emaan is in. To be happy with it, I should attain something I know only few Muslims have gained by the will of Allah and I know I'm merely a regular being, so no, I am not able to say I will ever be happy.

Yet I am satisifed that I at least have faith and that my Emaan causes me to repent and fear Allah, wear hijab and keep away from many sins. Elhamdulillah. So yes, I am satisfied and as many I too have ups and downs. Momentally, I do feel down. Laziness has taken a hard grip on me and it has devestating results for my Emaan. But inshaAllah, I won't give up.

What often freshes me up is actually to make wudhu. I know it may sound weird and too little done to some, but I like to do wudhu as often as I can, even though the prayer time is not near. The water is cooling and it's like a time-out from everything. I take deep breaths and just clear my mind. At the same time as I make wudhu, I am sooo grateful that I have access to water anytime and it makes me humble inside and I am able to see things through the right perspectives.

These are the little things in life that have an huge impact on you.
MashaAllah....mashaAllah sis.. & the water part, actually my every belonging and convenience makes me grateful to Allah. My comfy bed? What a blessing alhumdulillah when there are people in the world sleeping on hard ground without a shred of cloth to cover them with :'( how can we not show gratitude to our Lord.

MashaAllah, those are wonderful aspirations you've got sister, keep striving to achieve them
jzk Allah khair sis. InshaAllah. I pray Allah helps us all to achieve His pleasure. Ameen.

I quoted this part of your post 'cause it reminded me of a quote and thought, maybe I should put it here, for people to remember:

He who wishes that people always remember him with goodness is neither God-fearing or sincere. - Shaykh Ibrahim ibn Adham
seriously that's got me worried. How can that be? I mean how is it bad if we want people to remember us with good words after we are dead?

Al-Zaara
04-11-2008, 11:11 AM
[quote=Muslimah_Sis;926360]
MashaAllah....mashaAllah sis.. & the water part, actually my every belonging and convenience makes me grateful to Allah. My comfy bed? What a blessing alhumdulillah when there are people in the world sleeping on hard ground without a shred of cloth to cover them with :'( how can we not show gratitude to our Lord.
SubhanAllah, that's what I so often think. It's so ridiclous I feel sometimes like crying. An friend of mine, who is soooo good at school, her grades are TOP and she goes to me: "I wish school was over. I wish I'd get over these ridiclous things, while we stress her for an exam millions of others stress for their life. This is so ridicilous." And I had to agree, and elhamdulillah, my exam went well yet I had no worry for the others anymore.

I got again reminded that they cannot kill me. lol :D

jzk Allah khair sis. InshaAllah. I pray Allah helps us all to achieve His pleasure. Ameen.
We iyyaki, sis! Amiin inshaAllah!!

seriously that's got me worried. How can that be? I mean how is it bad if we want people to remeber us with good words after we are dead?
No no, it is not bad to. Yet people go to extremes, thinking they'll be remembered with only good and also, the good you may have done isn't necessarily good in others eyes, that is why there is no need to worry about what people think of you, rather what Allah thinks of you. The quote did say "always". You cannot wish for that, it's almost impossible, none of us is without errors and people will remember those, sometimes better than the good you've done.

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE]Al-Zaara;926362]
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

SubhanAllah, that's what I so often think. It's so ridiclous I feel sometimes like crying. An friend of mine, who is soooo good at school, her grades are TOP and she goes to me: "I wish school was over. I wish I'd get over these ridiclous things, while we stress her for an exam millions of others stress for their life. This is so ridicilous." And I had to agree, and elhamdulillah, my exam went well yet I had no worry for the others anymore.

I got again reminded that they cannot kill me. lol :D
lol mashaAllah so true

No no, it is not bad to. Yet people go to extremes, thinking they'll be remembered with only good and also, the good you may have done isn't necessarily good in others eyes, that is why there is no need to worry about what people think of you, rather what Allah thinks of you. The quote did say "always". You cannot wish for that, it's almost impossible, none of us is without errors and people will remember those, sometimes better than the good you've done
oh lol.. phewwwwwwww! astaghfirullah I agree with ya sis. I wanna be remembered in good words so that whatever good I did will be an inspiration to others and so that Allah will be pleased with me in turn. That's ok yeah? lol

Al-Zaara
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
[quote=Muslimah_Sis;926364]
Al-Zaara;926362]
lol mashaAllah so true

oh lol.. phewwwwwwww! astaghfirullah I agree with ya sis. I wanna be remembered in good words so that whatever good I did will be an inspiration to others and so that Allah will be pleased with me in turn. That's ok yeah? lol
Yes definitely. :D MashaAllah!

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
alhumdulillah! :D:statisfie

chacha_jalebi
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
i dont know if im happy lol, so i voted other :embarrass

i have my days where i feel like woow all the sakeena and stuff, and then i have my low days!

tips erm erm i think we have to realise the more closer we come to Allah (swt) the more shaytan will try to mislead, like shaytan dont make much of a effort with them people who are already far from Allah (swt), he makes more of a effort to mislead those who are practising, and tryin to be good!! best tip - remember shaytan will try to mislead you, fight him and beat him up! and wicked advice

"when you sin, remember who you have disobeyed"

TrueStranger
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM

It is getting stronger by the day Thanks to Allah. I am aiming for Ihsan :D

Ummu Sufyaan
04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
^great! when you get there, let me know, and ill follow suite!lol :p :D

itsme
04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
i'm in a very bad shape. i take intention to do something good but i end up doing something bad. i so much wish i could go back to the days when nothing counted more for me than the pleasure of Allah but i'm not being able to do it. for every one step i take in the right direction, i follow it with two steps in the wrong direction. please pray for me...

Dr.Trax
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Selam Alaikym!

I am 1000% pleased and happy with my emaan,but I am not doing so much for it......I can do so much more!!!

------
09-19-2008, 05:32 PM

It could do with a bit of work

InshaaAllaah

May Allaah guide us all

Ameen

F0z14
09-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Ameen to your Duas sister! I could seriously do with ALOT work. Insh-Allah it will develop gradually

Na7lah
09-19-2008, 05:42 PM
it needs a bit of work...
May Allah grant us the sweetness of Iman

A_Way_Of_Life
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
It needs a lot of work I don't know where to begin. :(

Khayal
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM

Al-Hamdulilaah!! :)

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
my emaan? haha lol good one! i dont even know if i got a single drop of it anymore

A_Way_Of_Life
09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
my emaan? haha lol good one! i dont even know if i got a single drop of it anymore
May Allah (SWT) make your eman stronger. :)

May Allah (SWT) make my eman stronger

May Allah (SWT) make all our eman stronger.

Ameen :cry:

truemuslim
09-19-2008, 06:14 PM
ameen thumma ameen wa jazakallah khair bro :)

Sahabiyaat
09-20-2008, 11:24 AM
the feeling of high eman is a unique one, you feel this buzz, and this serenity, like youll never be sad again, and that youll never stop being this way, and even if nobody smiles at you that day, your still smiling, because you know a secret, that Allah has been merciful to you, and he is happy with you and you are happy with him. :)

and that feeling is greatly missed.

Afifa
09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
its better than before but could be better.... thiers always room for improvment.

Güven
09-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Ups and Downs , my emaan is not bad either Alhamdullah but it can grow WAAAAAY more , only Allah Knows When

oooh I mis that High Emaan Days :statisfie

Nájlá
09-20-2008, 03:04 PM
same^

'Abd-al Latif
09-20-2008, 03:12 PM
‘All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge, all those who have knowledge asleep, except those who do good deeds, and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere, those who are sincere are always in a state of worry’

Imam Ash-Shafi'i

*~~AdAn~~*
09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
i am not satisfied but i am getting closer day by day Alhamdolillah ,

Orn
09-20-2008, 07:52 PM
No I'm not I know I could do better and Inshallah I will do better

Amatullah_
09-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Assalaamu alaykum

I believe saying that Im happy with my Imaan means that Im satisfied with my Imaan which means there's not much to work on. So no, Im not happy with my Imaan since there's so much I need to work on. I need to work on my weaknesses, and what Im firm on I need to struggle to keep it firm, how can I be happy then? If I get happy with my Imaan, I will get comfortable, and if I get comfortable I wont make anymore effort and theres no such thing as not making anymore effort.

Everyday is a struggle with our Imaan.

ummAbdillah
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
‘All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge, all those who have knowledge asleep, except those who do good deeds, and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere, those who are sincere are always in a state of worry’

Imam Ash-Shafi'i
JazakAllahu khayr for the wise reminder, May Allah increase us all in emaan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.