/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gods Mercy

barney
04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Hai to the Extreme.

For Theists and Aggys only. Atheists keep yer noses out!

What in your opinion was or is Gods biggest mercy to Humanity.
The most Benevolent thing he has done? Or mayby the top two.

I'll start.

Creating the conditions for life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Extreme Greetings and peace be with you barney, thanks for starting this thread..

I will just add a few words to yours..

Creating the conditions for life with a greatest good purpose.

In the spirit of searching for a loving and forgiving God.

Eric

barney
04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Cheers for the response and BUMP!

Keltoi
04-12-2008, 02:41 PM
From my perspective, being a Christian, it would have to be the salvation given us through Jesus Christ.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
04-12-2008, 03:35 PM
God's mercy enables us to be in relationship with him - despite our weaknesses and faults.

Mohjack9
04-12-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
From my perspective, being a Christian, it would have to be the salvation given us through Jesus Christ.
Salvation in the Day of Judgment is the weight of your good deeds, Do good and God will reward you and get you into paradise.

glo
04-12-2008, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohjack9
Salvation in the Day of Judgment is the weight of your good deeds, Do good and God will reward you and get you into paradise.
Greetings, Mohjack

Barney has invited us in this thread to explain what we personally believe is God's greatest mercy to mankind.
It's an invitation to people from different religions, therefore the answers may differ, depending on our faiths and/or our personal views.

Keltoi is a Christian and believes that God's greatest mercy to us is the salvation through Jesus Christ.

What do you as a Muslim believe is God's greatest mercy to us all?

peace :)

Ali.
04-12-2008, 04:32 PM
God's biggest mercy to humanity?

That he actually is merciful.

barney
04-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Bumps!

Eric H
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Greetings and peace be with you barney

I believe it only makes sense that for God to be merciful, he must also be fair and just.

It seems pointless being merciful if he is evil.

In the spirit of searching for a loving God

Eric

Snowflake
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

What do you as a Muslim believe is God's greatest mercy to us all?

peace :)
Sending Prophet Muhammed as a mercy to the whole of mankind, who was drowning in the depths of ignorance. Through the prophet (PBUH) God showed us the right Path - so we could save ourselves. I can't think of a greater mercy than this. Allahu Akbar!

:)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu and Greetings.

Verily, there are one hundred (parts of) mercy for Allah Ta'ala, and it is one part of this mercy by virtue of which there is mutual love between the people and ninety-nine reserved for the Day of Resurrection.

So we can only see 1 of 100 of Allah Mercy on Earth but on the day of Judgment we will see 99 Parts of his Mercy. We read every Bis-millah-nir-Rahman nir-Raheem. 112 in the Quran it is Mentioned. Rahman is for this World. Raheem is for the Next World.

'Allah will not be Merciful to those who are not Merciful to mankind' So as Muslims we need to always be polite, humble, patient, loving and well mannered when he/she deals with others, whether they were Muslims or non-Muslims.

Ibn Al Aqwa
04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
^why would you say 100?

Salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
^ I mean 1 of 100 is for the Earth. 99 is for the Day of Day of Resurrection.

Please forgive my English.

Ibn Al Aqwa
04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
^no actually it wasnt your English, i read through it a bit quick....

JazakAllaah Khayr, your post makes sense now.....

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
^No problem, brother. Jazaak'Allah Khair.

crayon
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
It's a hadith, brother.

The prophet peace be upon him said, "Allah has divided mercy into 100 parts, and He retained with Him 99 parts, and sent down to earth 1 part. Through this one part creatures deal with one another with compassion, so much so that an animal lifts its hoof over its young lest it should hurt it." (Al-Bukhari)

edit- i hate my slow internet. :(

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
^ Jazaak'Allah Khair, sister.

Afzalsheikh
12-19-2017, 12:15 PM
The Qur’an says several times that Allah is the most Merciful. In fact all the 114 Surahs i.e. chapters of the Glorious Qur’an except for Surah Taubah chapter 9, begin with the beautiful formula, Bismillah-hir-Rahman-nir-Rahim, which means, "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful".

Insaanah
12-19-2017, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
What in your opinion was or is Gods biggest mercy to Humanity.
The most Benevolent thing he has done? Or mayby the top two.

I'll start.

Creating the conditions for life.
Reminds me of these Quranic verses:

And if you should count the favors of Allah , you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (16:18)

And if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them.(14:34)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.