/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about LOVE!

Snowflake
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Being from different faiths and disagreeing with the others is something we see a lot of here. So, I want to hear something different for a change - no talk of religion in this thread please. I'd love to know what it is that you like about people of different faiths i.e. hospitality, kindness and so on that involved a person from a different faith. Thanks.

I'll share my views later :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-12-2008, 04:53 PM
bumpity bump*

ye folks like nothing about people of other faiths? :?

barney
04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I like the Hospitality of Muslims.
I like the fluffyness of Christians.

Snowflake
04-12-2008, 05:00 PM
ah tnx for your nice comment on muslims Barney, although I didn't quite get the meaning of 'fluffiness of christians.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
04-12-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I like the Hospitality of Muslims.
I like the fluffiness of Christians.
Aii aii you called them fluffy. What does fluffy mean? Cute and cuddly? Or Polite and Calm? Or sutin alllllse.

Whatsthepoint
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Hare-Krishnas are nice.

glo
04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Like Barney, I like the importance of hospitability in Islam.
And the simple lifestyle.
I also admire the commitment many Muslims show for their faith.

I like the attitude of many atheists amd agnostics, not to take anything without questioning and exploring, and their desire to find the truth.

I like the tolerance and acceptance of Buddhism and other Eastern religions.

These are quite strong stereotypes, really ... but that's my perception.

Snowflake
04-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Tnx for your input Glo :)

However, I don't think I made my request clear enough and see this thread diverting towards religious aspects. Can modz please close this thread, as I'd like to create another and make my question simple and understandable. Tnx.

glo
04-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry, if we have all misunderstood your question, Muslimah Sis ...

Have you started a new thread?

MustafaMc
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I like the patience of some Christians to answer questions without becoming offended. I like their sincerity in following the teachings of Jesus.

I like that some agnostics are open minded and express a good understanding of Islam. I sense that many agnostics are in fact "irreligious theists".

Snowflake
04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
^Tnx bro and sorry Glo, it's my fault not yours. I need English lessons! lol.

I'll create a new thread right away. :)

Amadeus85
04-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I like about muslims that they are conservative and very committed to family.
I like about Jews that they are so strong (spiritually).
I like about agnostics/atheis that they are honest and inteligent.

Snowflake
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you Aaron

I've made another thread now, plz continue there - tnx.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-humanity.html

GuCcI
04-15-2008, 01:57 AM
these are huuuuuge generalizations :?

theres good, bad, patient, rude, religious, lousy, etc. people in every group, race, country, and so on.

Abdul Fattah
04-15-2008, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
these are huuuuuge generalizations :?

theres good, bad, patient, rude, religious, lousy, etc. people in every group, race, country, and so on.
Yes you're right, perhaps it would be better to talk in terms of religions rather then followers.
Example: I like in Christianity that it bears resemblances to Islam!
No, I'm just teasing ^_^

On second thought, it's kind of hard to say things that you like of other views when you are convinced that your religion is perfect. Because everything different from perfection, while one might still appreciate it, would then by result be undeniable imperfect.

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Being from different faiths and disagreeing with the others is something we see a lot of here. So, I want to hear something different for a change - no talk of religion in this thread please. I'd love to know what it is that you like about people of different faiths i.e. hospitality, kindness and so on that involved a person from a different faith. Thanks.

I'll share my views later :thumbs_up

wheres the "LOVE" part in here? lol

hmm... my views:

Athiests= ...um..think alot
agnostics= question alot
muslims= get looked at wrong
christians= most are nice but others are just wierd
jews= ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.