/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Tube

Umar001
04-13-2008, 11:52 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

When you see videos on youtube, which talk about Islam, and it is by a Muslim, and they say stuff that is wrong what do you do? Do you reply? Leave a message?

Things I have come across:

Poligamy is disliked in Islam.
Niqab is not religion it is Culture.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
04-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure if this fits here, but there are plenty of islamic videos with a musical background.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 12:09 AM
yes but those musical backgrounds are not of rap stars or rock bands they are nasheeds.
some are quite beautiful nasheeds too so there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

crayon
06-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Maybe send a message to the person, that's more private than replying with a comment, you know, advising someone should be done nicely, in private, etc. If they don't respond or change it, though, maybe you could make a comment on the video, so that other people are not led into believing falsehood? Perhaps leave a link to a website that explains the matter in detail?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
:sl:
I've had the fortune of not experiencing any incorrect info from muslims on youtube. Plenty from non-muslims though, who sometimes I leave a comment for. Usually though, I just don't even watch it cus it's just propoganda.

Whatsthepoint
06-26-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
yes but those musical backgrounds are not of rap stars or rock bands they are nasheeds.
some are quite beautiful nasheeds too so there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
No, it's music, I can teel a nasheed from instrumental music.

Eeman
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
No, it's music, I can teel a nasheed from instrumental music.
well every video i have watched on youtube regards islam has always had nasheeds in the background. and i do watch a lot of them. so that is my experience. but obviously if u have watched a video that had music then it had music i cannot argue with you on that and i am not arguing about that! so PEACE bro or sis sorry i didnt see ur gender classification below ur name.

as much as we would like to do in this world and clarify the true message of Allah swt to the people that are our of ignorance misinterpreting them and not understanding them there is nothing we can do about it.
we can only point out and pray for the ummah.

usually when i come across things that i see with contradictions regards youtube and islam i just leave a comment with the intention that as a muslimah i did my bit and i did it for Allah swt and it is He who always watches me.

yes i have come across some posts of anti islam that has made me quite angry but i seek refuge in Allah swt from the satan and hold my tongue.
i leave it to Allah and sometimes depending on how calm i get i even ask Allah to have mrcy open them and bestow them with true guidance.

the point im making is that there are soooooooooooo many muslims out there MashaAllah but if you really and truely observe, how many of these so called muslims really believing muslims who take heed in Allah swt's commandments and laws???

let me give you an example i was born into a muslim family from muslim forefathers and ancestors, our family was of the form of muslims that you get where they consider themselves as liberal or no "modern" muslims.
where we were taught from childhood that there is one God and the only one and true God is Allah so fear Him do no one wrong and be a good person, but hold on this is where they go wrong, as long as you believe in God you dont need to pray nor wear hijab and the Qur'an is only there for khatams and to kiss and put back in the shelf.

there would be only one Qur'an per household in arabic form which no one even understood since no one was taught arabic or to read the Qur'an.
growing up was hard being lost and having no help so i had to search things for myself and Alhumulillah here i am today.

so what im trying to say is these people that do these things and go wrong i guess sometimes its a process that they need to go through in order to experience and learn from their mistakes to come back to the right path.
and if you come across something or someone that makes a statement about something in islam lacking the knowledge and if you are a believer with more knowledge then tell them gently and do your part you cannot enforce it on them cos they will refute it even more. And just pray for them that InshaAllah they are guided with true knowledge and wisdom.

Umar001
06-26-2008, 04:44 PM
so what im trying to say is these people that do these things and go wrong i guess sometimes its a process that they need to go through in order to experience and learn from their mistakes to come back to the right path.
and if you come across something or someone that makes a statement about something in islam lacking the knowledge and if you are a believer with more knowledge then tell them gently and do your part you cannot enforce it on them cos they will refute it even more. And just pray for them that InshaAllah they are guided with true knowledge and wisdom.
Nice advice masha'Allah.

SixTen
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Do as you would want to be done if you made a mistake - which I think would be you would want to be corrected :).

hrm
08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar001

When you see videos on youtube, which talk about Islam, and it is by a Muslim, and they say stuff that is wrong what do you do? Do you reply? Leave a message?

:sl::statisfie
Yes definitely you must leave a message or a polite rejoinder. If you correct someone you would be doing a great service to Islam, I believe.
WasalamuAlaikum Wa RahmaAllah. May this ramadan bring plenty of blessings in all muslims' homes. Aameen
:statisfie

hrm
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM

..........and if you come across something or someone that makes a statement about something in islam lacking the knowledge and if you are a believer with more knowledge then tell them gently and do your part you cannot enforce it on them cos they will refute it even more. And just pray for them that InshaAllah they are guided with true knowledge and wisdom.
:statisfie My policy exactly. :statisfie

Danah
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
In my case, I comment any reply I think that it lacks knowledge and clarify things up

Hassan C
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I usually send them a private message...

alcurad
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
too many trolls for it to work.

Argamemnon
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I try to avoid the comments on youtube, I'm sick and tired of Islam bashing by atheists.

format_quote Originally Posted by Umar001

Things I have come across:

Poligamy is disliked in Islam.
Niqab is not religion it is Culture.
Brother, I must respectfully disagree with the example you gave. Poligamy is certainly not encouraged in Islam, rather discouraged.

Verse 4:3

"If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice."

Allah allowed polygamy only for helping the orphans, and ordered the men to be either fair to their wives or else to never marry more than one wife.

http://answering-christianity.com/polygamy.htm

Zarmina
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I agree, leave a private message explaining your position. It's not good to publicly embarrass anyone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.