/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Everything is haram these days

truemuslim
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
:sl:
yeh me again.. i told u more me less u now look more me and u all dead! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA proof

anyway

am not mad just provin a point... i cud be mad but u wudnt kno...:X

anyway...

y ppl makin evrything haram THESE DAYS only??? like ppl sayin fortune cookies are haram coz they got that peace of paper innit that tells a fortune but no one even reads it not even the chinese or japenesse AND THEY INVENTED IT!!! and no one really buys fortune cookies coz the paper now do they... THINK A LIL

and they excuse thing to say is that hadith that rasullallah (saw) says "if u r not sure if its haram or halal avoid it to maintain ur deen and.." so they use that against us ...

and they claim XBOX 360, SPECIFICALLY is haram coz its games are too realistic.. seriously i cussed dem out in dutch so they couldnt understand... i asked dem who said dis they said rasullallah , and i said u r like seriosuly mentally retarded u freakin hiemba ! sorry if u ppl understand spanish!!
and so others say cars are haram coz rasulallah said for us to ride ccamels...i asked da ppl dat said dat if dey live in a box

and there is so many more...

seriusly.. LIFE is haram if we listen to stupid ppl luike dis ... so u cant kill urself and u cant live , thasts wut they want...i wunna fight em one day

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
04-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Evrything that was haram was always haram, evrything thats halal was always halal.

There never was any change.

truemuslim
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Evrything that was haram was always haram, evrything thats halal was always halal.

but dey say rasulallah "warned" us... :raging::raging:

barney
04-14-2008, 10:55 PM
The prophet said not to imitate the kuffar. Some people may interprate that as you cant drive cars or watch TV or fly kites or use the internet.

I would imagine that your local Imam has a veiw on it. Best to take advice from them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
The prophet said not to imitate the kuffar. Some people may interprate that as you cant drive cars or watch TV or fly kites or use the internet.

I would imagine that your local Imam has a veiw on it. Best to take advice from them.

i dont have a local imam... unless the guy on eid that does allahu akbar allahu akbar la ilaha illallah over and over again but knows nothin bout islam is considered an imam then yeh

:w:

جوري
04-14-2008, 11:01 PM
whether Haram or Halal, why hand your destiny over to a piece of paper in a cookie? you should ultimately be the one who decides whether 'you'll have to take a detour' or 'purchase that winning lottery ticket' not some guy in china with a calligraphy pen... the chinese should keep themselves busy making tainted heparin from pig's intestines for unsuspecting cheap americans...

truemuslim
04-14-2008, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eve Persephone
whether Haram or Halal, why hand your destiny over to a piece of paper in a cookie? you should ultimately be the one who decides whether 'you'll have to take a detour' or 'purchase that winning lottery ticket' not some guy in china with a calligraphy pen... the chinese should keep themselves busy making tainted heparin from pig's intestines for unsuspecting cheap americans...

lol sis .... ur hard to understand (for me ) posts again.. :statisfie

ok so if i lissen to them then i cannot wair dresses lower than knees, play basketball, football, watch tv, wair jewlery, eat more than half the things in this tiny world which is goin to break into pieces close to today, wair hijab the way i do, (NORMAL WAY!) , go to skool in the masjid, go to skool period, etc etc...

come on...

جوري
04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
1-I recommend this book for you.. just so you are can deflate your kaffir accomplishments a nanometer?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1001-Inventi.../dp/0955242606
2- I recommend that when you give advise on jurisprudence, you understand exactly what it pertains too... useful knowledge doesn't fall under imitating a kaffir.. an analogy of immitating a kaffir would be nancy 3ajram in her 2005 tarab tour...

cheers

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Salaam

I won't say fortune cookies are haram, but I prefer not to read them. They might just have quotes, but sometimes they have something that sounds like a prediction. My aunts and cousins keep tellin me it's just for fun and its not predictions. Meanwhile after she opened hers, she got one similar to it. Whether it's haram or not, I dont feel comfortable reading it, as it does contain such things and it is of no value to me whatsoever. If I want to read quotes, I can read something of the Prophet(saw) or Allah(swt). Anyways thats my opinion. Take from it what makes sense to u lol.

w/salaam

ok so if i lissen to them then i cannot wair dresses lower than knees, play basketball, football, watch tv, wair jewlery, eat more than half the things in this tiny world which is goin to break into pieces close to today, wair hijab the way i do, (NORMAL WAY!) , go to skool in the masjid, go to skool period, etc etc...

come on...
listen to who sis. i dont understand who your referrin to or what u mean exactly...

w/salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 11:34 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

the Prophet (PBUH) who narrated that he said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and asks him about something and believes him, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

It was narrated that Mu’aawiyah ibn al-Hakam said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, I am still close to the time of Jaahiliyyah [i.e., I am new in Islam]. Allaah has brought Islam to us, but there are among us men who go to soothsayers (fortune tellers).’ He said, ‘Do not go to them.’ I said, ‘And there are men among us who practise augury [watch birds for omens].’ He said, ‘That is something which they make up. Do not believe them.’” (Narrated by Muslim).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Some people asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about soothsayers. He said, ‘They are nothing.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes they say something and it comes true.’ The Messenger of Allaah (PBUH) said: ‘That is a word of truth that the jinn snatches and whispers into the ear of his familiar, but they mix a hundred lies with it.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 01:41 AM
since ppl here r a bit smart ... ithink.... i dunno anywmore but is sayin i hate life haram??

there there
04-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Perhaps xBox 360s should be haraam as they are for people who insist on spending an extortionate amount on a games console and not even make it a ps3.

Anyway fortune cookies should be regarded in as the same light as astrology, palm reading, numerology etc-completely arbitrary, unfounded belief, which isn't accurate in the slightest; they rely purely on anecdotal evidence and if you actually take stock in what these pseudo sciences tell you you need to really wake up to reality, Matrix or Vanilla Sky style. Which ever one of those you've seen/prefer.

kirk
04-15-2008, 03:28 AM

:D

Spoken like a muslim cleric :bravo:

k

Ghira
04-15-2008, 03:56 AM
First Barny and Kirk are wrong as usual. Speaking from their own whims and false interpretation.

To understand this topic of Halal and Haraam you need to understand the word Taqwa or Mutaqqi (somone who practices taqwa). It can be translated as righteousness, piety, God-consciousness, God fearing. One Sahaba asked a person what this word means and he asked how would you walk in a place filled with thorns surrounding you, the companion replied I would walk very carefully. This is similitude of those who are walking on earth trying to avoid the haraam (thorns) surrounding them. Now some avoid these sins better than others, and are even more careful. My question is what are you trying to avoid in terms of major sins? I think if you take one statement of the Prophet (saw) and practice it you will benefit you...“A true Muslim is the one from whose tongue and hand other Muslims stay safe.” When you speak be careful what you say and not back bite or slander others. Do not use hands to commit haram things such us bad business transactions. Restrain your tongue because Prophet said MOST people will be thrown on their faces into the hellfire on account of their TONGUES. I am saying all this because you are supposed to follow the things you can handle. Things like playing xbox360, fortune cookies (don't believe it you can eat it), minor issues are not as important as other major things. As Qur'an says "have taqwa of Allah as much as you are ABLE to." We are supposed to make religion easy for others not complicated and difficult like some people and say cars are haraam (strange view). I would like to end with what

Prophet said "The halal is clear and the haram is clear. Between the two there are doubtful matters concerning which people do not know whether they are halal or haram. One who avoids them in order to safeguard his religion and his honor is safe, while if someone engages in a part of them he may be doing something haram, like one who grazes his animals near the hima (the grounds reserved for animals belonging to the King which are out of bounds for others' animals); it is thus quite likely that some of his animals will stray into it. Truly, every king has a hima, and the hima of Allah is what He has prohibited."

------
04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
:salamext:

Sis instead of having a whine, sit down and think - Allaah subhaan wa taa'la has set these rules down for us for a reason, and that reason isn't because He wanted us to stop having fun or live in misery - its because He Knows what is best for us. We don't know, our knowledge isn't even a tiny speck compared to His.

P.S. If you obey the rules of Allaah subhaan wa taa'la, there is happiness and contentment - if you don't, there is hardship and misery...

Wa Allaahu Aalim.

seriusly.. LIFE is haram if we listen to stupid ppl luike dis ...
These people that you are calling stupid are the scholars, who convey the rules of Allaah. So are you saying the rules of Allaah are stupid?

Astagfirullah... La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah ... :ooh:

barney
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM
At least we are consistantly wrong!

------
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
:salamext:

^ Sorry?

chacha_jalebi
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
:threadclo

fortune cookies = avoid them, because you can buy normal cookies without the paper in them, and imagine you buy a fortune cookie and it says "today something good will happen" and you find erm a sweet:D you could think that good happened because of the cookie and thats wrong cause in reality it was already written in your fate

lets not bicker with each other, if xbox is haraam cause its too realistic play sonic on it or somethin lol, with regards to compootaa games as long as your doing your islamic duties then woo hoo!

alsoo i dont think everythin is haraam, if there is no evidence for it, its not haraam, and also the hadiths, idaa lam tas taahi.... "if you feel no shame then do as you like" so as long as its modest and not haraam, then woo hoo, but if you doubt something leavee it innaay:D simple

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.