/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unwritten rules on forum

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 02:33 AM
:sl:

is there some rules im missin?

1. ur not allowed to question islam on an islamic forum (ha i made it sound as bad as it is)
2. ur not allowed to answer someones questions
3. u cant pm a mod coz they gna hate u and wont reply

and cautions:

1. dont answer anyones questions on here
2. u will get banned for being nice
3. mods have favorites..hidden
4. heart and head will hurt on this forum...

someone plz tell me wut im missin...those r wut i kno so far...
come on... this used to be the best site, now its like im in a christian or athiest forums that delete any thing u do.

please dont delete this!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-15-2008, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim

1. ur not allowed to question islam on an islamic forum (ha i made it sound as bad as it is)
Questioning is encouraged. However, some questions such as those that require a tafsir of anything are things we do not have one here qualified to answer. To avoid the possibility of spreading false information, it is best to either close or delete the thread.

2. ur not allowed to answer someones questions
Only if it is a question that is best answered by a scholar. Some questions are best not answered on an open forum, as there is a very high possibility of spreading false information.

3. u cant pm a mod coz they gna hate u and wont reply
I can only answer for myself. I actually am not on line as often as it looks. My PC is on 24/7 but I am not always here. I do try to answer all PMs, but sometimes things happen and with my memory I can't always remember if I had submitted my reply.

and cautions:

1. dont answer anyones questions on here
That should be qualified and changed to:dont answer anyones questions,that require a ruling of a scholar, on here

2. u will get banned for being nice
You, seem to be nice and you haven't been banned too often.

3. mods have favorites..hidden
I have over 10,000 favorites

4. heart and head will hurt on this forum...
True, maybe because we share each other's pains and joys

someone plz tell me wut im missin...those r wut i kno so far...
come on... this used to be the best site, now its like im in a christian or athiest forums that delete any thing u do.
We actually dislike deleting posts

please dont delete this!!
OK, I won't

kirk
04-15-2008, 03:26 AM
How about a link to a scholar's forum where he can answer questions.

k

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Questioning is encouraged. However, some questions such as those that require a tafsir of anything are things we do not have one here qualified to answer. To avoid the possibility of spreading false information, it is best to either close or delete the thread.

not when i do it, i have too many questions on islam, but i wont post them, i'll just leave them a mystery till i die since its an only choice. or usea another forum like UMMAH! yeh i lyk that forum now.

Only if it is a question that is best answered by a scholar. Some questions are best not answered on an open forum, as there is a very high possibility of spreading false information.

i didnt mean islamic things, i mean anything, like even if its a thing asking if there is problems here then tell us and i reply and get in trouble

I can only answer for myself. I actually am not on line as often as it looks. My PC is on 24/7 but I am not always here. I do try to answer all PMs, but sometimes things happen and with my memory I can't always remember if I had submitted my reply.

yes bro. u do. others dont. ur nice. others arent. im being cruel now but i dont care. u never hav made me mad. i think its a thing with americans :)

and cautions:

That should be qualified and changed to:dont answer anyones questions,that require a ruling of a scholar, on here

ok

You, seem to be nice and you haven't been banned too often.

"too often" ??? :omg: did u guys ban me in the two weeks i was gone??

I have over 10,000 favorites

lol we have over 14000 ppl... hmmm... lol

True, maybe because we share each other's pains and joys

no i meant from the people making u mad and giving u headaches... mostly the mods... hey can i get banned for being honest wit a mod about his/her attitude?

We actually dislike deleting posts

u do...:), others dont... :(

OK, I won't
See wat i meant, this thread was deleted for a split sec by the mod im mainly talkin bout coz she/ he knows its true and dont want no one to kno the truth, this is like when the shaitan goes in someones body and u wanna tell the person he is talkin to that its the shaitan but the person wont believe u (true experience) lol

Thank u bro woodrow for not deleting it :statisfie i was like this about 2 minutes ago :enough!::raging::raging::skeleton: , and now like this :statisfie:D:), (its only gna last about 2 mroe minutes tho...watch

LOL bro woodrow ur posts always are the ones to make me feel better. like my heart is pumping so hard and i cant type till i read this and now im smiling and look.. no mispells! LOL

all answered

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-15-2008, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kirk
How about a link to a scholar's forum where he can answer questions.

k
Thank is a suggestion we have/are discussing that, in our mysterious back room.

The problem is in finding an online scholar that we can honestly agree upon as a scholar by the majority of us.

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Thank is a suggestion we have/are discussing that, in our mysterious back room.

The problem is in finding an online scholar that we can honestly agree upon as a scholar by the majority of us.

use google. first thing that came up is http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S.../FatwaCounselE

backroom...i really wanna get in there.. lol wanna see wats behind all u guys evil plans and who u teamin up on. did u kno here where i live there is the high school where there is a fight everyday where the black kids beats up the white kids, and ppl cheer...just saying :X

Woodrow
04-15-2008, 03:57 AM
See wat i meant, this thread was deleted for a split sec by the mod im mainly talkin bout coz she/ he knows its true and dont want no one to kno the truth, this is like when the shaitan goes in someones body and u wanna tell the person he is talkin to that its the shaitan but the person wont believe u (true experience) lol
Each time a thread is deleted, their is a reason. Each mod Has a hard decision when we decide to delete. Often it may not be the way the thread initially looks, but because experience has shown us how it may develop.

Thank u bro woodrow for not deleting it :statisfie i was like this about 2 minutes ago :enough!::raging::raging::skeleton: , and now like this :statisfie:D:), (its only gna last about 2 mroe minutes tho...watch
No mod acts as one person, we are a team and our actions reflect our thoughts as a team.

LOL bro woodrow ur posts always are the ones to make me feel better. like my heart is pumping so hard and i cant type till i read this and now im smiling and look.. no mispells! LOL
Each of us mods and admins do share the common goals of:

1. Try to share Islam

2. Provide a safe environment for all members

3. Avoid any risk of spreading any misinformation about Islam.

all answered
Questions are hopefully never answered, they should generate questions and allow for sharing of opinions.

GuCcI
04-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Each time a thread is deleted, their is a reason. Each mod Has a hard decision when we decide to delete. Often it may not be the way the thread initially looks, but because experience has shown us how it may develop.

mmmmhmmmmmm :?

i seee.....

:mmokay:

sorry i cant reply to your pm - i need 50 posts all over again and thats a lot of work to use the pm function :exhausted

------
04-15-2008, 03:27 PM
:salamext:

Question Islaam to a certain extent. Don't let shaytaan take over your thoughts and make you ask questions that will take you away from your deen.

Muezzin
04-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Have you PM'd me? If so, I apologise if I acted rudely towards you.

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Have you PM'd me? If so, I apologise if I acted rudely towards you.
no no not u. lol i forgot all bout u anyway. ur like woodrow..

and ahlaam, u kno i lissen to music much more than i used to because of this forum... thats sad coz i actually only learned that music is haram from this forum itself on like november somehting (when i joined) and then started thinkin more bout stuff in islam and so ... *sigh*

------
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM

^ Weird, I actually stopped listening to music because of this forum :) Alhamdulillah. May Allaah put lots of barakah and rahman in this forum, Ameen.

EDIT: Sis if you know its haraam, then you do it more? I don't understand you.

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ Weird, I actually stopped listening to music because of this forum :) Alhamdulillah. May Allaah put lots of barakah and rahman in this forum, Ameen.

EDIT: Sis if you know its haraam, then you do it more? I don't understand you.

no

when there is too many questions about something. u cant put in faith.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
no no not u. lol i forgot all bout u anyway. ur like woodrow..

and ahlaam, u kno i lissen to music much more than i used to because of this forum... thats sad coz i actually only learned that music is haram from this forum itself on like november somehting (when i joined) and then started thinkin more bout stuff in islam and so ... *sigh*
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Sister, does the music discussion threads in here does help you? I thought here is very helpful and lots of benefits for us.

------
04-15-2008, 03:49 PM

when there is too many questions about something. u cant put in faith
Sister, ask the questions, and we will try our best to answer them using the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

Although it's a different matter if you don't agree with the answers...

------
04-15-2008, 03:52 PM

see u ppl dont get me. forget it . google is better
Sis, listen to me. When u ask a question, there are no ifs and buts. When there is a rule derived from the Qur'aan and Sunnah, its there. We can't argue with it because its for the best.

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Sis, listen to me. When u ask a question, there are no ifs and buts. When there is a rule derived from the Qur'aan and Sunnah, its there. We can't argue with it because its for the best.

im lissenin ...readin...

if i cant get answers i question more but keep the questions in me because there is no place to ask them. in the mosque during sunday schools the teachers are like seriously stupid. im not kiddin. sometimes i wonder if they r muslims... just like here.. :X

FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
good point by sis Ahlaam.

By clear proofs and scriptures, and We have sent down on you (O Prophet) the Reminder, that you can explain to humankind what is sent down for them and in order that they may reflect.

He says that people do not have faith if they do not take the Prophet (PBUH) as the judge of their disputes (Surah an-Nisa ayah 65).

Al-Zaara
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Selam aleykum!

Hehe.

I really understand you and if you've got trouble with some particular mod, please do discuss it with him/her, inshaAllah. It's really the best. The mods are ready to talk and at least from my own experience here, they do not enjoy making members' visit here bad, they are just trying to follow the rules and keep the forum nice and clean.

Of course there are favourites, but many do their outmost best to do the work here as objectively as they can, mashaAllah.

Remember their responsibilities around here. They will be questioned about their deeds, just like every other being too, and then who knows, they might get questioned about the deeds done here, "why did you allow this and this happen between your brothers/sisters?" "Why didn't you at least warn them?" etc.

Also remember we are suppoused to find excuses for our brothers and sisters in Islam. That is of good behaviour. Do try not to utter things in anger but neither supress your anger because it might show in other ways later on and that can have devestating results... So talk with the people, inshaAllah, be open-minded and you do not have to agree always but at least understand and accept at some degree.

InshaAllah I helped. :-[

barney
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I think the Mods are reasonably fair, and I've got about 400 deleted posts out of my postcount!:)

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I think the Mods are reasonably fair, and I've got about 400 deleted posts out of my postcount!:)

i've lost like 3000 of my posts after the time wen it went back three weeks but i doubt i did 3000 in three weeks.. i fink its work of the devil/mod...cough cough

ppl wanna play make ppl mad i play it back so dont try me coz i can cuss at u in seven diff languages beat u up in 22 different styles and kill u in 26 diff techniches

Al-Zaara
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
oh so u WERE the mod i used to se!! lol i thought i was seein things! LOL wut happened...were u cruel and evil and dum and non muslim in disguise tryna mess wit muslim minds and really work undercover for bush and u got fired?? nah never mind u were nice.lol
I quitted.

JazakAllah kheyr with Jannah to brother Muhammad for being patient with me and for his advices and help.

i've lost like 3000 of my posts after the time wen it went back three weeks but i doubt i did 3000 in three weeks.. i fink its work of the devil/mod...cough cough
Well, you must have lost a lot of posts if you were active. And the mods try to clean the sections as often as possible, so when they choose to delete they do not go "oh, she has posted! deletee!" no, they delete or close because the thread has served its purpose and maybe it was were you were active a lot, which is saddening but cannot be done much about it. :(

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I quitted.

JazakAllah kheyr with Jannah to brother Muhammad for being patient with me and for his advices and help.

Well, you must have lost a lot of posts if you were active. And the mods try to clean the sections as often as possible, so when they choose to delete they do not go "oh, she has posted! deletee!" no, they delete or close because the thread has served its purpose and maybe it was were you were active a lot, which is saddening but cannot be done much about it. :(
o com on i doubt 3000+ of my posts are spam or somthin. forget it ..pointless

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 04:45 PM
MODS!!! CAN I PM U ??? i dont think u will reply but my brother has an account here???!! you know the one who doesn't do nothing islamic finally does. Mashallah subhannallah... he cusses, doesn't pray etc etc. and i think my parents words got to him now! he said he has an account here i forgot which one but he got banned now. Wallah i didn't know at all until now when he came home and asked why he is banned.

This does have to do with the topic here cause all this trouble is because of this.

IB-Staff
04-15-2008, 04:52 PM
ok update... TRUEMUSLIM is not allowed to question islam on an islamic forum or she will get banned...

like watch me get banned right now by the mod who deleted this at first.
Stop spreading wrong things about the staff. We just discourage spam. Claiming that we at an Islamic forum disallow questions about Islam is just silly. I see many of your posts have been deleted for reason 'spam'. Nobody here has anything personal against you, so stop making it look like that.
It's against the forum rules to complain in public, as you must know already.
Questioning/protesting rules, or moderator's action, in public 20% warning
If you are unhappy with any of the moderator's actions, take up the case with the admins through PMs.
If people feel that they have been treated unjustly, or feel that a moderator is not doing his job or is abusing his power, they are encouraged to contact us.
PM an Admin. Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.