/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indian Virgins for Sale

islamirama
04-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Indian Virgins for Sale
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

CAIRO — Suli, 14, sat quietly by the side of the dusty high way to the Indian city of Jaipur. She is not waiting for a ride but rather for a customer willing to "buy" her virginity.

"I will go with whoever pays the highest price," the girl, dressed up in a brand new pink sari and heavy make-up, told the Sunday Telegraph on April 13.

Suli is the new hot selling of her small village, where some 59 families, all members of the low-caste Bedia tribe, push children as young as 12 to prostitution.

"I do not know how it is going to be," she said.

"I know other girls who are in the trade but I have not asked them how it is."

A virgin is sold to the highest bidder, who can have access to her as long as he likes, for anything over 20,000 rupees ($512).

If the girl is very pretty, the price could rise to some 40,000 rupees.

Prostitution is rife among many of India's low-caste, also known as the Dalits.

Dalits are those at the bottom of India's social system which separates people into Brahmin priests, warriors, farmers, laborers, and those beyond definition, including the Dalits.

Dalits often do the most menial jobs, while they are deprived of education either out of their abject poverty or discrimination at schools and universities.

No more

Once a girl has lost her virginity she cannot marry and her prostitution rate goes down to 100 rupees.

She continues to sell her body until turning forty when she is no longer considered desirable.

She will then have to depend on any children she may have for financial support.

But some people, even old prostitutes, are fighting this business.

"My daughter will get educated, and not enter this profession," says Ritu, herself a victim of the trade.

"I have seen what it is like. I don't want it for her."

The plight of low-caste girls has drawn the attention of national and international groups who are working to break the prostitution cycle.

One of those groups is GNK, an NGO that has set up several hostel and schools to cater for prostitutes' children.

At one such hostels, a young boy proudly recounts how he had persuaded his grandmother not to push his aunt into prostitution.

"My grandmother said that she would kill herself if my aunt did not go into the trade and earn money," he told the Telegraph.

"But I persuaded her, and my aunt got married."

Related Links:
India's "Disappearing Daughters"
India Plays Cupid to End Caste System
New Iraq…Sex for Life
Israel Hub for Sex Trafficking

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
:salamext:

A virgin is sold to the highest bidder, who can have access to her as long as he likes, for anything over 20,000 rupees ($512).

WHAT?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How disgusting!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 03:28 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Astaghfirullah! :omg:

MTAFFI
04-15-2008, 04:00 PM
very sad :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kirk
04-16-2008, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamarama
push children as young as 12 to prostitution.
This is horrible!

I don’t understand how any grown man can find a child sexually attractive.

I am in favour of harsh punishment

k

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2008, 03:22 AM
^^ Yea :( Disgusting :( Astaghfirullah.

At one such hostels, a young boy proudly recounts how he had persuaded his grandmother not to push his aunt into prostitution.

"My grandmother said that she would kill herself if my aunt did not go into the trade and earn money," he told the Telegraph.

"But I persuaded her, and my aunt got married."
Good for him! Alhamdulillah.

truemuslim
04-16-2008, 03:24 AM
wouldn't it be better to live poor then to live rich in this type of way?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2008, 03:26 AM
Yea I'd rather be poor, but Allahu Alam I haven't been in such a situation. So I wouldnt know what people go through and what their state of mind is...but if anything I wouldnt do it even if it could make me rich...

truemuslim
04-16-2008, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Yea I'd rather be poor, but Allahu Alam I haven't been in such a situation. So I wouldnt know what people go through and what their state of mind is...but if anything I wouldnt do it even if it could make me rich...

Look at the people at war, and even in the US after hurricanes and stuff, and mostly africa, do they do this for money?

I say we should introduce to them the ghetto way of earning moh-nay

IF they realy really want it

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Yea people do it for money. But money to support their families, to survive. Like the refugees of Iraq have fled to Syria and have been exploited into prostitution. Girls as young as 10 are ending up in this :( A lot of them are unable to get education or jobs. May Allah help them! Ameen.

Woodrow
04-16-2008, 03:53 AM
The cure for this type of human exploitation only comes from knowlege. The girls are victims, but they are seen as objects.

The opposite side of protecting women.

Yet, people tend to see a hijabi as being exploited and in need of being rescued. Far better if the unwanted efforts to "rescue" our beautiful hijabis was used to help these young ladies that need to be rescued.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-16-2008, 03:59 AM
^^ I agree with u totally! Wallah it hurts to know it happens to people like this! :(

omar_2133
04-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Sadly that's the case in Syria, where it is reported that Saudi businessman travel to four sex tourism do exactly that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/29/wo...t/29syria.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...on-454424.html

Pygoscelis
04-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Pretty sick stuff.

Whatsthepoint
04-16-2008, 09:02 PM
It happens everywhere, in western Europe for instance. The only difference is, that it's not done in the streets and the prices are much higher.

Whatsthepoint
04-16-2008, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Pretty sick stuff.
hehe...

arabianprincess
04-17-2008, 02:57 AM
wow i never knew that could happen in india then again india isnt the only country who does that.. peace how sad....

abdil han
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM
thats awful,,
inshaAllah they would become a better community by knowng islam n try better thngs to make money...amin....

i understand better now why hijab is important...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.