/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tahajjud - Regular? How?

------
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
:salamext:

For people that pray Tahajjud, I was wondering how they came about to pray it regularly, and if they could post some tips on how to wake up at that time and still not feel sleepy lol, how they got motivated, along those lines...

Please help inshaaAllaah!!

Assalamu Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

one thing that helps that I do when I study late, or am up until the early morning, is to put my alarm clock (which is very loud) in the bathroom... thus forcing me to get up to go to the bathroom to shut it off. While you're in the bathroom, just splash yourself with water and voila! You are awake and ready for Fajr.

Okay... so you dont have to do the splashing part, but try it.. it works Insha'Allah.

Tips to help you wake up for Fajr (and Tahajjud!), Insha'Allah:

1. Keep Away from Ma'aasi (acts of disobedience).
2. Avoid eating too much food.
3. Drink one or two glasses of water before going to bed.
4. Perform Wudoo (ablution) before going to bed.
5. Go to bed early.
6. Make intention in your heart to get up for Fajr/Tahajjud.
7. Set your alarm.
8. Establish Fajr/Tahajjud wake up calling system with family and friends e.g. friends/family members calling, texting etc each other to help one another wake up for the prayer.
9. Say prescribed supplications (dua) before sleeping
10. Once awake, do not linger lazily in bed.
11. Go to your local masjid to pray

Ibn Al Aqwa
04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Best trick in the world is to discipline yourslef....

What i do, if i dont get up, the next night, i put my bed aside, and sleep on the floor. That way, i force myself to get up, coz i know that if i get up, once im finished, ill be able to jump in my bed afterwards...

get me?

lol it works, seriously :muddlehea

:sl:

------
04-15-2008, 02:45 PM

^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr sis. I do pray Fajr, but I want to pray regular tahajjud as well inshaaAllaah... I don't want to pray one day and not pray it the other day, e.g. if I'm really tired and can't get up, etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Exercise will give you energy, Insha'Allah. Also seriously look at your nutritional intake.. what kinds of foods are you not eating? There are so many things that affect energy levels... you are what you eat!

Jog/march on the spot, start slowly, picking up a steady quick pace gradually. 10 mins to start with, then after a few days bump up to 20 mins every morning.

It would be helpful, Insha'Allah.

------
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM

^ What nutritional intake of food would you recommend?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 03:11 PM
You probably know that you need to eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Having three smallish meals and two snacks throughout the day can keep your blood sugar and energy levels stable all day long. At each mini-meal, get a mix of carbohydrates (which the body uses for energy), protein (which helps sustain energy if needed), and healthy fats like those found in fish, nuts, and olives -- these fats and protein contribute to meal satisfaction, so you don't go hunting for sweets an hour later and wind up with a short-lived sugar high and subsequent crash. A few meal ideas: a low-fat yogurt parfait with berries and a couple of tablespoons of whole-grain granola; salmon over mixed greens with whole-grain crackers; and lamb with a baked sweet potato and asparagus.

Please let me know if this do working for you, Insha'Allah

Huma*
04-15-2008, 04:46 PM

I'v started praying tahajjud regularly almost a year back. Alhamdulillah. I use to set alarm on my mobile to wake up, thats it. Actually we think it is hard to do so, but believe me it an easy task.
In my case I believe its my willpower.
It is just the determination and strong willpower which ultimately helps you.
If your determination is strong and your intention is rock you won't need anything else..

ummAbdillah
04-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Al-Fudayl ‘ibn ‘Iyaad at-Tameemee said: If you are unable to perform Qiyaam al-Layl (pray during the night), and fast during the day, then know that you are deprived, shackled by your sin(s)
Mawaa’ith lil-Imaam al-Fudayl ‘ibn ‘Iyaad. Compiled by Saalih Ahmad ash-Shaamee. al-Maktab al-Islaamee; First Edition 1998/1419 A.H. Reference of quote: Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa’ (8/435)
may Allah Subhanahu wata'la make it easy for us to preform the obligatory and sunnah prayers consistently with much khushu.

ansar.tajudeen
04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I dont know about how to regularly practice thahajad prayer,
since i also tried ,but not able to practice it regularly:-[
have some fikr(seeking mercy from allah) :cry:with u wen u going to bed surely that will insist u to get up in tahajad with full strength if suppose u r tired since "allah only gives us sleep and he only wake us from the same".."prayer is better than sleep" have this in mind and ask allah and go to bed with wudu surely this will make u to get up for thajad prayer and continue as this for fajr prayer..

these tips r followed by me to make myself to get up for fajr mainly :-[if possible i also get up for thahajad prayer.:)

hope this may also help u too..inshallah

please dont forget to include me in your duas..:cry:

May Allah Guide Us Right Path

AMEEN!!!

O2K
04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Salaam everybody. I would like to know how to perform this prayer.

I know it is two quick rakats, but I read that it is any prayer afterwards. What do they mean by that? Can I just say Subbanallah Wa Beham Dehi or does it have to be a surah from the quran? What would constitute as a prayer.

I know this may be a stupid question but as a revert I was never taught this...

FatimaAsSideqah
04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by O2K
Salaam everybody. I would like to know how to perform this prayer.

I know it is two quick rakats, but I read that it is any prayer afterwards. What do they mean by that? Can I just say Subbanallah Wa Beham Dehi or does it have to be a surah from the quran? What would constitute as a prayer.

I know this may be a stupid question but as a revert I was never taught this...
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

http://www.islamawareness.net/Salah/Nafl/tahajjud2.html

------
04-15-2008, 06:48 PM

Al-Fudayl ‘ibn ‘Iyaad at-Tameemee said: If you are unable to perform Qiyaam al-Layl (pray during the night), and fast during the day, then know that you are deprived, shackled by your sin(s)
Jazaak Allaah Khayr for this hadith... SubhaanAllaah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.