/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Health advice needed

AnonymousPoster
04-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Greetings

For reasons I don't need to go into in details the last weeks and months have been quite stressful for me.

Now I am starting to show signs of being physically run down. I am developing cold sores and mouth ulcers.

Any advice how I can deal with those?

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
dear sis/bro, aslam alaikum

There is medication available for your symptoms which you can buy over the counter without seeing a doctor. But you also need to cut down on stress and the following recommendations are highly beneficial for good physical, mental and spritual health inshaAllah.

The Quran is also joyous source for healing the mind, body and spirit.
Allah swt says: "And We sent down in the Quran that which is healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss". (Quran 17:82).

Recitation of the Quran has a healing effect on the body. These effects are due to the effect of sound (echo) and the meaning. The letter Alif resounds unto the echoes to heart and the letter YA resounds unto echoes to the pineal gland in the brain.

Wudhu is a great way to prevent illnesses. Washing all the exposed parts of the body: hands, feet, face, mouth, nostrils etc. 5 times a day is a healthy preventive procedure. Miswak (brushing teeth) is beneficial for the mind and body - not only for oral hygiene.

Salah performed properly is gentle yet beneficial for all the joints and muscles in the body. The Prophet (PBUH) advised muslims to teach their children swimming, archery and horse riding. The emphasis is on exercising to maintain good physical health.

Good nutrition is important. Eat healthily. Certain types of food i.e. fruits are especially emphasized in Quran (36:57, 43:73, 16:67)

"And from the fruits of date palm and grapes you get wholesome drink and nutrition: Behold in this is a sign for those who are wise" (Quran 16:67).

The prophet told us that in black seed is the cure for all diseases except death. Consume food according the Prophet's sunnah, i.e. the Prophet ate using three fingers (right hand). Eat slowly and eat just enough. keep one third of your stomach for food, one third for air and one third for water. Always start eating with 'Bismillah..'

Avoid stressful sitautions, even if it means saying 'No'. Take rest when feeling rundown and avoid all that's forbidden for it weakens one mentally & spiritually, hence affecting the physical health.

Ask Allah swt to heal you:
"And if God touches thee with affliction, none can remove it but He: if He touches thee with happiness He has power over all things." (Quran 6:17).

InshaAllah, keeping with recommendations of the Quran and sunnah will be the most effective way of improving and maintaining good health inshaAllah.

May Allah grant you shifa. Ameen.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
:sl:
Any advice how I can deal with those?
yes, stress less. as far as i know, ulcers occur as a result of stress...no?
try reading/lstening to the quran...that helps...and/or generally keep your mind preoccupied with other things...

AnonymousPoster
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Avoid stressful sitautions, even if it means saying 'No'. Take rest when feeling rundown and avoid all that's forbidden for it weakens one mentally & spiritually, hence affecting the physical health.
Saying 'No'?????? How do you do that??! :giggling:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: I think maybe she means that if someone asks you to do something, and you are finding it too stressful and your health cannot cope with it, you should politely refuse.

Snowflake
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Open mouth to make O sound, but add a firm N before it :D

I think maybe she means that if someone asks you to do something, and you are finding it too stressful and your health cannot cope with it, you should politely refuse.
:thumbs_up

AnonymousPoster
04-19-2008, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl: I think maybe she means that if someone asks you to do something, and you are finding it too stressful and your health cannot cope with it, you should politely refuse.
Thank you. I knew what you both meant.

I guess I find it difficult to say no. Being a woman, wife, mother, home-maker, there is always somebody who needs something, or something that needs to be done ...

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Open mouth to make O sound, but add a firm N before it :D
:thumbs_up
So that's how it's done. I will go away and practice! :giggling:

Snowflake
04-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you. I knew what you both meant.

I guess I find it difficult to say no. Being a woman, wife, mother, home-maker, there is always somebody who needs something, or something that needs to be done ...

So that's how it's done. I will go away and practice! :giggling:
lol practice makes perfect :D

As long as you can cope without it affecting your health, then it's ok. I know a woman (wife & mother) who runs a News Agents and she only has one day off. But she never gets to rest as that's the day when visitors decide she must be missing them and start to drop by. The poor woman has had enough but can't bring herself to say anything.

As for me I announce a strike when things get too much for me.
I just tell everyone I'm exhausted and need a rest and that I'll ring them when I'm feeling a bit better lol. Then after a week I invite them over and they get happy that I invited them. I feel in control - just the way I like my life to be. :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.