/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Titles Of Allah In The Old Testament!

Dr.Trax
04-18-2008, 08:42 PM
:w:

In the Qur’an, Allah (God) reveals that Muslims should believe in Prophet Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and all the prophets sent before him, and in all the scriptures given to those prophets. In verse 4 of Surat al-Baqara, our Lord refers to Muslims as “those who believe in what has been sent down to you and what was sent down before you . . .”
As is mentioned in the Qur’an, the Old and New Testaments, the Psalms and the pages of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) are scriptures sent down to prophets who lived in past centuries. A portion of these books has been lost, and what remains has been corrupted or altered. Nonetheless, they still contain many true and accurate statements regarding the true faith. Muslims evaluate all these statements in the light of the Qur’an and the Sunnah, and consider those to be valid that are compatible with the divine verses and the hadiths. For that reason, Muslims can make use of passages from both the Old and the New Testaments that are compatible with the Qur’an and in agreement with the Sunnah. The fundamental precondition, however, is that they should be compatible with the Qur’an as well as the hadiths.
Allah has revealed that these scriptures were guides for the societies to which they were sent. In one verse (Surah Al ‘Imran, 3-4), He reveals:
He has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what was there before it. And He sent down the Torah and the Gospel, previously, as guidance for humanity, and He has sent down the Furqan. (Surah Al ‘Imran, 3-4)
Another verse reveals this about the Old Testament:
We sent down the Torah containing guidance and light, and the prophets who had submitted themselves gave judgment by it for the Jews—as did their scholars and their rabbis—by what they had been allowed to preserve of Allah’s Book to which they were witnesses. (Surat al-Mai’da, 44)
In examining the portents of the End Times in the Old and New Testaments, the corrupted or distorted parts of those scriptures are not considered in this book. Only those passages compatible with the Qur’an and the hadiths of our Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) have been used.

THE TITLES OF ALLAH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

The Oneness of Allah:

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)
...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)
so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)
Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)
This is what the Lord says…”Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God.” (Isaiah, 45:14)
...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)
... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalm, 86:8-10)
O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)
... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)
This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb:
I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens,
Who spread out the Earth by Myself
. (Isaiah, 44:24)
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)
For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other.” (Isaiah, 45:18)
...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)
See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)
...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)
O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)
Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty...”(2 Chronicles, 14:11)
I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)
There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)
There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)
His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)
For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalm, 86:10)
Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalm, 150:2)
You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)
They will say of Me, “In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.”... (Isaiah, 45:2)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)
... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

The Eternal and Infiniteness of Allah:

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)
Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lordwith the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)
O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)
I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)
Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. (Psalm, 90:2)
Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalm, 45:6)
For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His.” (Daniel, 2:20)
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

Allah the All-seeing, All-Hearing and Omniscient :

You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord. (Psalm, 139:2-4)
Does He Who implanted the ear not hear? Does He Who formed the eye not see? (Psalm, 94:9)
Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the Lord is a God Who knows...(1 Samuel, 2:3)
But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; You consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless. (Psalm, 10:14)
I obey Your precepts and Your statutes, for all my ways are known to You. (Psalm, 119:168)
In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation. (Psalm, 5:3)
You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; You encourage them, and You listen to their cry. (Psalm, 10:17)
... since You know his heart (for You alone know the hearts of all men).(1 Kings, 8:39)
All my longings lie open before You, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from You. (Psalm, 38:9)
...it is You Who know my way. (Psalm, 142:3)

Yet You know me, O Lord; You see me and test my thoughts about You...(Jeremiah, 12:3)
...What passes my lips is open before You. (Jeremiah, 17:16)
…[they said,] "God is with you in everything you do”.
And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve Him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. (1 Chronicles, 28:9)

(Genesis, 21:22)

Allah, the Only Power and Will:

The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power...(Job, 37:23)
The Lord sends poverty and wealth; He humbles and He exalts. (1 Samuel, 2:7)
and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him.” (Daniel, 2:20-22)
... the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before Me and be blameless.” (Genesis, 17:1)
May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples. (Genesis, 28:3)
And God said to him, “I am God Almighty…”(Genesis, 35:11)
And may God Almighty grant you mercy before the man...(Genesis, 43:14)
But if you will look to God and plead with the Almighty. (Job, 8:5)
In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all humanity. (Job, 12:10)
To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are His. (Job, 12:13)
But remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you the ability to produce wealth...(Deuteronomy, 8:18)
What He tears down cannot be rebuilt; the man He imprisons cannot be released. If He holds back the waters, there is drought; if He lets them loose, they devastate the land. To Him belong strength and victory... He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light. He makes nations great, and destroys them; He enlarges nations, and disperses them. (Job, 12:14-16; 22-23)
O Sovereign Lord...For what God is there in heaven or on Earth Who can do the deeds and mighty works You do? (Deuteronomy, 3:24)

Allah the Free from All Imperfection:
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms... (Deuteronomy, 33:27)
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the Earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. (Isaiah, 40:28)

Faith in Allah without Polytheism

But I am the Lord your God,… You shall acknowledge no God but Me, no Savior except Me. (Hosea, 13:4)
O Lord…there is no God like You in heaven above or on Earth below. (1 Kings, 8:23)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. …so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)
I am the Lord your God…You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the Earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them…(Exodus, 20:2-5)
This is what the Lord says, …the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last;
apart from Me there is no God. (Isaiah, 44:6)
All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame. Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing? He and his kind will be put to shame; craftsmen are nothing but men. Let them all come together and take their stand;
they will be brought down to terror and infamy. (Isaiah, 44:9-11)
Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood,… there is no God apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. "Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other.” (Isaiah, 45:20-22)
…that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other…(Joel, 2:27)

Fear the Lord your God, serve Him only and take your oaths in His name. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you. (Deuteronomy, 6:13-14)
…Before Me no God was formed, nor will there be one after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you … I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am He. When I act, who can reverse it? (Isaiah, 43:10-13)
Of what value is an idol, since a man has carved it? Or an image that teaches lies? For he who makes it trusts in his own creation; he makes idols that cannot speak. Woe to him who says to wood, “Come to life!” Or to lifeless stone, “Wake up!” Can it give guidance? It is covered with gold and silver; there is no breath in it. (Habakkuk, 2:18-19)
See, they are all false! Their deeds amount to nothing; their images are but wind and confusion. (Isaiah, 41:29)
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done. The things You planned for us
no one can recount to You; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. (Psalm, 40:5)
For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord?... O Lord God Almighty, who is like You?... The heavens are Yours, and Yours also the Earth; You founded the world and all that is in it. (Psalm, 89:6, 8, 11)

But those who trust in idols, who say to images, “You are our gods,” will be turned back in utter shame. (Isaiah, 42:17)
But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot…from My land, which I have given them...(2 Chronicles, 7:19-20)
Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces. Worship the Lord your God…(Exodus, 23:24-25)
If you violate the covenant of the Lord your God, which He commanded you, and go and serve other gods and bow down to them, the Lord's anger will burn against you, and you will quickly perish from the good land He has given you. (Joshua, 23:16)
Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed. (Exodus, 22:20)
you have forsaken Me and served other gods. (Judges, 10:13)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.