/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boycott hurt Danish

islamirama
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Boycott hurt Danish

The European Union has warned Saudi Arabia that the bloc will take action at the World Trade Organisation if the Riyadh government supports a boycott of Danish goods.

Peter Mandelson, the EU trade commissioner, told the Saudi Minister of State that any Danish boycott would be a boycott of the European Union.
Peter Power, a EU spokesman, said on Monday: "He made it clear that if the Saudi government had encouraged the boycott, Commissioner Mandelson would regret having to take the issue to the WTO."
“Any Danish boycott would be a boycott of the European Union.”

“Any attack on a Muslim country would be an attack on Muslim World.”
Can Presidents/King of Muslim world say that?

Report: Muslim Boycott Hurts Denmark's Economy (IsraelNN.com)

The Danish Arla Foods Company announced recently that it had suffered serious losses due to a Muslim consumer boycott. If the boycott continues for the entire year, the company could lose $372 million, managers said.

Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moller recently spoke to the local daily Boerson and warned that a third printing of the caricatures could cause Denmark serious long-term financial losses.

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/144969

Great news

Hope you all know about the Denmark newspaper who made fun upon our loving Prophet and till now they never regret… let us make them regret for all time…

The Denmark ambassador, prime minister and Denmark channel they all try to do something just to stop the boycott made by Muslims last month, by which their losses has reached to 2 billion Euro. If we continue to boycott Denmark products after 7 months it could reach around 40 billion Euro's destruction.

Dear All, please spread the news to all your friends you know in order to rise up our spirit and warning Denmark and other hostile nations towards Islam, we Muslim are united and not easy to break against any one who think to harm or insult Almighty's messenger (peace be upon him).

Now we need to start boycotting the Dutch products also so the people and government can let Wilders know how they feel about loosing money

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
04-21-2008, 03:40 AM
These people don't seem to understand that freedom of speech means that the so-called blasphemous message was the product of a few individuals and not the policy or position of their countries. A boycot on the newspapers who published the cartoons may make sense, but a boycot on the whole country's products? Irrational.

Abdul Fattah
04-21-2008, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
These people don't seem to understand that freedom of speech means that the so-called blasphemous message was the product of a few individuals and not the policy or position of their countries. A boycot on the newspapers who published the cartoons may make sense, but a boycot on the whole country's products? Irrational.
Although I do think a boycott is pushing things to far, I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's only the newspaper to blame here. The Danish government had the responsibility to act upon it, but didn't adequately do so. In terms of diplomacy, they really dropped the ball.

syilla
04-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I'm boycotting it too... :hiding:

they better act fast... coz i really miss my fav fresh milk *sigh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Suomipoika
04-21-2008, 09:59 AM
On one side we are told how wrong it is to punish everyone for actions of few yet suddenly it seems to be okay to punish everyone because where they live or what nationality they are. :thumbs_up

To those who support boycott, does this logic apply to you too? Are you guilty of all the wrong doings someone else has done with whom you somehow belong to the same group?

Anyone want to guess how many times the biggest sufferer, Arla Foods has actually denounced, condemned or apologized for the cartoons? How many times more do they have to apologize for something they did not do to end the punishment. Its not even exlusively danish company, Arla was actually swedish company that merged with a danish company and they took the name of Arla Foods. Its owned by both swedes and danes (and the UK branch is owned jointly with britons, finnish branch with finns etc). People who arent even danes are being eagerly punished.

islamirama
04-22-2008, 02:14 AM
The gov't washed their hands of this and said we can't do anything about it. There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" in this situation. Even UN and other leaders condemned these bigotry and anti-islamism. This is not free speech, this is histlerism. What these morons are doing is the same thing hitler did about jews with all the lies and negative propaganda. And yes the whole nation deserves to be taught a lesson. That is the only way they will learn. Read my other threads. Local business are suing these morons now for lost of business. That's how you put a leash on them!

جوري
04-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Very glad to hear of this news indeed.. Hope the spineless rats of Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arabic/Muslim world develop a backbone and actually go ahead with the boycott full force.. fact is, on individual levels people already don't purchase these products, markets would lose simply by bringing goods into the country that the consumers refuse to purchase... So they are looking to lose on either grounds, yield to the demands of the EU trade commission and lose, or to the demands of the people and lose, but at least define the boundaries of what is acceptable...

Hope the rest of the Muslim world wakes up and becomes as self-sufficient and self-sustaining as it once was..

:w:

kirk
04-22-2008, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's only the newspaper to blame here…..

The full story:

Kare Bluitgen, a Danish author, wrote a children's book on Mohammed, and for the most noble causes. He's a firm believer in multiculturalism, and his own kids go to schools with a high percentage of immigrant kids. He wanted Danish children to understand Islam.

Muslim children in Denmark are expected to learn all about Danish culture and history. Why shouldn't Danish children learn about their immigrant friends' history? It's all a matter of mutual respect.

He couldn't find anybody to illustrate his book because the illustrators thought they would be killed by Muslims. Once an editor at Jyllands Posten newspaper got wind of that, the newspaper came out with a Mohammed cartoon contest. The rest is history.

Bluitgen, meanwhile, managed to find an illustrator and published his book.

k

kirk
04-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Two of the 12 cartoons don’t even show the prophet – they are attacking the newspaper but Muslims will never see those 2 cartoons.

A third cartoon is very funny and not offensive and Muslims will not see that one either.

The 12 cartoons were at one time 14 cartoons. Muslim clerics made up 2 more cartoons specifically to get Muslims angry. When this was discovered the 2 cartoons were removed from the portfolio and so we have 12 cartoons.

Are Muslims angry about those other 2 cartoons?

-

Pygoscelis
04-22-2008, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kirk
The 12 cartoons were at one time 14 cartoons. Muslim clerics made up 2 more cartoons specifically to get Muslims angry. When this was discovered the 2 cartoons were removed from the portfolio and so we have 12 cartoons.
Can anybody verify this? If this is true I find it hillarious if not suprising.

north_malaysian
04-22-2008, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
coz i really miss my fav fresh milk *sigh.
Dumex?

cute123
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
On one side we are told how wrong it is to punish everyone for actions of few yet suddenly it seems to be okay to punish everyone because where they live or what nationality they are. :thumbs_up

To those who support boycott, does this logic apply to you too? Are you guilty of all the wrong doings someone else has done with whom you somehow belong to the same group?

Anyone want to guess how many times the biggest sufferer, Arla Foods has actually denounced, condemned or apologized for the cartoons? How many times more do they have to apologize for something they did not do to end the punishment. Its not even exlusively danish company, Arla was actually swedish company that merged with a danish company and they took the name of Arla Foods. Its owned by both swedes and danes (and the UK branch is owned jointly with britons, finnish branch with finns etc). People who arent even danes are being eagerly punished.
First of All - to your info.

1. Prophet Muhammad (sallaloho waalihi wassalam) is more to us than our own mother and father and anything else. Thanks to the patience of the Muslims that they are bearing all of them that exist who defamed our Prophet
(sallaloho waalihi wassalam) , assume what would u do , u all do if something of this sort has to be planned against ur own families.
2. Dont confuse forgiving with bearing oppression , u forgive a person who understands what fault he has done and is shameful about it and would never repeat it, not the ones , who after suffering a gr8 defeat , plan again with more defaming activities in his mind to attack again.
3. As far as punishing others is concerned for some of the people who did it, then the role of the French government comes to picture . Is it sleeping then the people should bear for having such a blind government and allowed them to let them rule . Else tell them that the one who spread these activities to hand them over to Muslims ,then they will not be boycotted , the fact that the government , people allowed them to this out clearly indicates that they all have those feelings spread accross, else how to some handful media people come out of it again with more preparations , dont they have the support .
4. You will be boycotted more sternly after this and on a wide scale.

Asma

cute123
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eve Persephone
Very glad to hear of this news indeed.. Hope the spineless rats of Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arabic/Muslim world develop a backbone and actually go ahead with the boycott full force.. fact is, on individual levels people already don't purchase these products, markets would lose simply by bringing goods into the country that the consumers refuse to purchase..
So they are looking to lose on either grounds, yield to the demands of the EU trade commission and lose, or to the demands of the people and lose, but at least define the boundaries of what is acceptable...

Hope the rest of the Muslim world wakes up and becomes as self-sufficient and self-sustaining as it once was..

Completely agree to it and pray it happens soon

Amadeus85
04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=islamirama;930811]
The gov't washed their hands of this and said we can't do anything about it. There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" in this situation. Even UN and other leaders condemned these bigotry and anti-islamism. This is not free speech, this is histlerism

There is difference between making a stupid cartoon and a homicide of whole nation, dont you think?

What these morons are doing is the same thing hitler did about jews with all the lies and negative propaganda. And yes the whole nation deserves to be taught a lesson. That is the only way they will learn.
Were you quoting Adolf? :?

S_87
04-22-2008, 03:37 PM
i dont know, wouldnt that come under freedom of choice?

who says an individual cant boycott or call for a boycott of something? whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Whatsthepoint
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't agree with teh boycott, however it is a totally acceptable way of protest, it shows that most world's muslims are smarter than those burning embassies!

Whatsthepoint
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Now we need to start boycotting the Dutch products also so the people and government can let Wilders know how they feel about loosing money
the dutch governemt oppossed Wilders' film from the start, they were even looking for ways to ban it, but found nothing.
Now you can't expect the government to go against the basic principles of the dutch state in order to please muslims and prevent the boycot. They can't really do anything but denounce Wilders, which they did actually, and so did the danish PM. If they wanted to do anything else, they'd have to change the constitution.
As I said, boycot is an acceptable way to protest, but I don't think it is justified or that it will achieve what you want it to achieve.

Danah
04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
very glad to hear about this, let's show them what we can do. I am boycotting now
boycotting was a succesful way to gain freedom in the past and it will work now to teach those people a lesson they will never forget

Keltoi
04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Can anybody verify this? If this is true I find it hillarious if not suprising.
Yes it is very much true. You can find articles on it all over the place, but here are a few I found very quickly:

http://www.stanfordreview.org/Archiv...affairs1.shtml

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/a...?enewsid=35337

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Com...2_7_06_TL.html

Suomipoika
04-22-2008, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i dont know, wouldnt that come under freedom of choice?

who says an individual cant boycott or call for a boycott of something? whatever happened to freedom of speech?
No one is saying you cant.

Just because something is legal to do doesnt mean it is protected from criticism. For example, under freedom of speech, you can say all sorts of derogatory and racist remarks. The rest of us can speak against the issues we see "morally" wrong.

Any muslim who supports this boycott is also essentially saying, "me and each and every muslim are guilty of terrorism and anything evil and negative some muslims have done, its okay to punish us". Personally I dont agree with that line of tought, but if so many muslims agree with that logic, who am I to argue...

S_87
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
No one is saying you cant.

Just because something is legal to do doesnt mean it is protected from criticism. For example, under freedom of speech, you can say all sorts of derogatory and racist remarks. The rest of us can speak against the issues we see "morally" wrong.

Any muslim who supports this boycott is also essentially saying, "me and each and every muslim are guilty of terrorism and anything evil and negative some muslims have done, its okay to punish us". Personally I dont agree with that line of tought, but if so many muslims agree with that logic, who am I to argue...
No because this has nothing to do with terrorism. if muslims were violent in protest people complain. if muslims do a boycott which is much more peaceful people complain.
i mean, its ok when countries have to go through economic sanctions, and people not involved have to suffer. yet no one screams loud about that.

جوري
04-22-2008, 09:18 PM
No because this has nothing to do with terrorism. if muslims were violent in protest people complain. if muslims do a boycott which is much more peaceful people complain.
i mean, its ok when countries have to go through economic sanctions, and people not involved have to suffer. yet no one screams loud about that.
well said-- though I personally am not following the piteous comparison used to show similarity in some respects here and don't even care to entertain it...
That being said, I wouldn't mind being called a terrorist, I can personally think of worst things, a hypocrite, a kowtow, an incurably servile and morally reprehensible wretched.

when it comes to God, Prophet Mohammed (SAS), and religion there can simply be no compromise.

I frankly couldn't care less for an apology, it does nothing for me... defining the limits for what is or isn't acceptable however does!

islamirama
04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I don't agree with teh boycott, however it is a totally acceptable way of protest, it shows that most world's muslims are smarter than those burning embassies!
I agree with the boycott and i think it's a great and peaceful way to send a message back and to set an example to others.

truemuslim
04-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Stupid denmark ppl
haha
thinkin we muslims are defensless

anyway tell em to hurry the hell up or ima go there and make em give up right now coz i really want som danish cream doughnut stuff.

islamirama
04-23-2008, 03:50 AM
lol are them danish donuts even halal? khair i'm sure you can make your sweet tooth sacrifice for deen of islam :)

Muslim Knight
04-23-2008, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
There is difference between making a stupid cartoon and a homicide of whole nation, dont you think?
Stop drawing stupid cartoons and we will withdraw our boycott. As simple as that. How hard can that be? We Muslims don't think the cartoons funny plus there a lot other things you can make fun of.

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to offend.

syilla
04-23-2008, 06:10 AM
lol...why other than dutch ppl get worried... as if we muslims can't have other alternative of products (esp muslim's products) or not wanting/giving us a chance try other products as well.

Most of brands are so well known... meaning rich. Give other manufacturer a chance as well.

Suomipoika
04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
The logic used to punish and blame all danes is the same as the logic blaming all muslims for terrorism, that really is the point, something that people seem to so wilfully ignore.

cute123
04-23-2008, 08:29 AM
The logic used to punish and blame all danes is the same as the logic blaming all muslims for terrorism, that really is the point, something that people seem to so wilfully ignore.

Very well said !

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Freedom of speech does not equal freedom to offend.
Of course it does. However, include is a better word than equal.

cute123
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Of course it does. Well, include is a better word.
Then accordingly we do have the right to defend !

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2008, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
Then accordingly we do have the right to defend !
Yes!

cute123
04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes!
Hence the boycott!

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
Hence the boycott!
Yes, I never said you can't have the boycott. I even said it's a good and effective way of protest. Much more effective than holocaust cartoons.

Muezzin
04-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Better a boycott than a riot, that's what I always say.

Well, that's actually the first time I said it.

S_87
04-23-2008, 12:50 PM
then those who had any part in the whole production of the cartoon should have thought and known that they were insulting every single muslim by depicting the cartoon of Our Beloved Prophet peace and blessings be upon.
no one blamed all danes, this simply is an effecive manner. if someone insults all muslims by insulting Muhammed :arabic5: then theyll have to know that we are not just going to sit there and say hahaha dont do it again :)

islamirama
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
an insult to the prophet of Islam and quran and Islam itself is an attack on all Muslims. If the danes are too stupid to put a leash on the lunatics running around in their society then let the whole society pay the price, maybe they'll learn to put down any dogs that don't know their place.

Suomipoika
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
then those who had any part in the whole production of the cartoon should have thought and known that they were insulting every single muslim by depicting the cartoon of Our Beloved Prophet peace and blessings be upon.
no one blamed all danes, this simply is an effecive manner. if someone insults all muslims by insulting Muhammed :arabic5: then theyll have to know that we are not just going to sit there and say hahaha dont do it again :)
No matter how much you or anyone was offended or hurt, simply because something is effective, does it make punishing those who had nothing to do with the hurt and offense caused okay?

Its truly remarkable how when things are turned upside down, its suddenly all right to inflict punishment to those who had nothing to do with the negative events.

an insult to the prophet of Islam and quran and Islam itself is an attack on all Muslims. If the danes are too stupid to put a leash on the lunatics running around in their society then let the whole society pay the price, maybe they'll learn to put down any dogs that don't know their place.
Hmmm... lets change the players a bit when using your logic.

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama logic
An attack against New York is attack against hole USA. If the muslims are too stupid to put a leash on the lunatics using their religion then let the whole religion pay the price, maybe they'll learn to put down any dogs that don't know their place

islamirama
04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Hmmm... lets change the players a bit when using your logic.
hmm lets get some real facts first. More than 1/2 the americans themselves believe 9-11 had their gov't's hands in it. So let's not go there.

And it's really as simple as another person said it here. Stop making stupid cartoons insulting other's faith and you won't have them react with whatever they can do to hurt you back.

Keltoi
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
hmm lets get some real facts first. More than 1/2 the americans themselves believe 9-11 had their gov't's hands in it. So let's not go there.

And it's really as simple as another person said it here. Stop making stupid cartoons insulting other's faith and you won't have them react with whatever they can do to hurt you back.
When all else fails, point to a 9-11 conspiracy. Easiest way to close a thread down.

Whatsthepoint
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM

In a free, democratic country like Denmark 99% of the population along with the government could be against such cartoons, yet no one would be able to do anything about it.

S_87
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
No matter how much you or anyone was offended or hurt, simply because something is effective, does it make punishing those who had nothing to do with the hurt and offense caused okay?

Its truly remarkable how when things are turned upside down, its suddenly all right to inflict punishment to those who had nothing to do with the negative events.

if a muslim does not want to buy a product that is their choice, no one can force them to use the product if they feel they cannot use such a product.

what do you want us as muslims to do? shut up and take it?

Keltoi
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
if a muslim does not want to buy a product that is their choice, no one can force them to use the product if they feel they cannot use such a product.

what do you want us as muslims to do? shut up and take it?
Take what? The cartoons were published, nothing is going to change that fact. The government can't and couldn't change that fact, the people can't or couldn't change that fact. It is called a constitutional freedom. The only party responsible is the newspaper that printed them...thus, the only effective method of punishing anyone for the cartoons is to punish the newpaper that printed them. Meaning don't buy it.

S_87
04-23-2008, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Take what? The cartoons were published, nothing is going to change that fact. The government can't and couldn't change that fact, the people can't or couldn't change that fact. It is called a constitutional freedom. The only party responsible is the newspaper that printed them...thus, the only effective method of punishing anyone for the cartoons is to punish the newpaper that printed them. Meaning don't buy it.
so it has nothing to do with the government allowing it? is the newspaper allowed to write any and everything? no i dont think so. there are limits that they could get in trouble for.
and the government in a round about way supported them when they apologised for offending the muslims

barney
04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Its really weird explaining how democracy works. It must seem really hard to understand if your in a state where the government just prints what it wants the people to read.

I cant imagine that. :(

Keltoi
04-23-2008, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Its really weird explaining how democracy works. It must seem really hard to understand if your in a state where the government just prints what it wants the people to read.

I suppose many of us in the West do take constitutional forms of government for granted.

It also seems to be a rather hard concept to get across to those not raised in the system, I agree.

snakelegs
04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
while i agree that boycotting doesn't punish the right people, if people want to use this to express their protest, i see nothing wrong with it either. i mean, not buying the newspaper, isn't really an option for the world's muslims.
newspapers are supported by advertisers and advertisers make products. (at least that's how it is here).

barney
04-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Denmarks economy wont notice this boycott. It's been said long and loud, this is going to hurt nobody.
Denmark simply dosnt export enough to Muslim nations. The stuff it produces and exports is mostly haram.
Muslims wont be hurt, Denmark wont be hurt. If a dozen companies lose a 2% drop in sales , that will be remarkable.

Boycotts are a freedom of action, and by all means crack on with them. Any non-violent response is fine and dandy.

It would have been better just to let these cartoons slip into nothingness over a year ago rather than keeping on constantly stiring a pot that causes division between nation and distain to the ummah living in the west.

Keltoi
04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
while i agree that boycotting doesn't punish the right people, if people want to use this to express their protest, i see nothing wrong with it either. i mean, not buying the newspaper, isn't really an option for the world's muslims.
newspapers are supported by advertisers and advertisers make products. (at least that's how it is here).
You can punish the advertisers, which might lead them to stop supporting the newspaper, true. This has worked in the U.S. before, but I don't recall what the scenario was.

islamirama
04-24-2008, 12:36 AM

can't imagine it? just read US news papers like CNN, FOX, etc.

Muslim Knight
04-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Denmarks economy wont notice this boycott. It's been said long and loud, this is going to hurt nobody.
Denmark simply dosnt export enough to Muslim nations. The stuff it produces and exports is mostly haram.
Muslims wont be hurt, Denmark wont be hurt. If a dozen companies lose a 2% drop in sales , that will be remarkable.

Boycotts are a freedom of action, and by all means crack on with them. Any non-violent response is fine and dandy.
So you don't mind we boycotting? Great! Then why is it anyone bother to whine whether or not boycott will hurt Danish economy in the first place.

It would have been better just to let these cartoons slip into nothingness over a year ago rather than keeping on constantly stiring a pot that causes division between nation and distain to the ummah living in the west.
Simon (the ummah) says, "Boycott". Deal with it.

Alternatively, you could draw stupid cartoons of terrorist rats instead. That'll hurt no one except the rodent community. Worst thing could happen is that they despoil your crops.

Amadeus85
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmmm, I guess that to answer the boycott of dannish products, the Danes should stop buying things from muslims in Denmark.

cute123
04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Hmmm, I guess that to answer the boycott of dannish products, the Danes should stop buying things from muslims in Denmark.
Anybody living in Denmark (Muslim) plz reply. Then would I.

Muslim Knight
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Please do! There are 1.6 bil of us Muslims all over the world. I am sure we will be seriously hurt by the Danish boycott.

Drawing stupid cartoons, directing slanderous (and equally stupid) movie (they call 15 min a movie?) and then boycotting the Muslims, I have only one thing to tell the Islamophobes: get a job!

Amadeus85
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Muslim Knight;932171]
Please do! There are 1.6 bil of us Muslims all over the world. I am sure we will be seriously hurt by the Danish boycott.
But who said about boycotting all mulims worldwide.Danes could just boycott 200 000 muslims in Denmark.

Drawing stupid cartoons, directing slanderous (and equally stupid) movie (they call 15 min a movie?) and then boycotting the Muslims, I have only one thing to tell the Islamophobes: get a job!
I just think that boycotting whole nation because one newspaper from that country made a cartoon is stupid. In the same way Spaniards and Brittons could boycott their muslim citizens after terorist atatcks in London and Madrit.

islamirama
04-24-2008, 01:57 PM
But who said about boycotting all mulims worldwide.Danes could just boycott 200 000 muslims in Denmark.

I just think that boycotting whole nation because one newspaper from that country made a cartoon is stupid. In the same way Spaniards and Brittons could boycott their muslim citizens after terorist atatcks in London and Madrit.
I like to know where you were when those iditos printed those cartoons and made those stupid movies? defending their so called cheap "freedom of speech"?

Muslim Knight
04-24-2008, 02:07 PM
[quote=Aaron85;932192]
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight

Report: Muslim Boycott Hurts Denmark's Economy(IsraelNN.com)

The Danish Arla Foods Company announced recently that it had suffered serious losses due to a Muslim consumer boycott. If the boycott continues for the entire year, the company could lose $372 million, managers said.

Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moller recently spoke to the local daily Boerson and warned that a third printing of the caricatures could cause Denmark serious long-term financial losses.

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/144969

Deal with it.

Amadeus85
04-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I like to know where you were when those iditos printed those cartoons and made those stupid movies? defending their so called cheap "freedom of speech"?
Cartoons were stupid and not necessary Islamirama, but punishing whole country for mistake of one newspaper is stupid too.

جوري
04-24-2008, 04:18 PM
^^^ I think it is brilliant and actually responsible.. at least it is better than starting a global war over it.. personally for me, I think it is enough a cause to invade Denamrk and the conterminous countries...

cheers

islamirama
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Cartoons were stupid and not necessary Islamirama, but punishing whole country for mistake of one newspaper is stupid too.

You reap what you sow, especially when you knew what reaction you were going to get and being forewarned not to be stupid!

S_87
04-24-2008, 08:47 PM

so in the west there is no such thing as a media black out? :)

Pygoscelis
04-24-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
personally for me, I think it is enough a cause to invade Denamrk and the conterminous countries...
And this is what encourages the people on the other internet forum I visit (on which I constantly find myself defending muslims) to paint Islam as a threat to the world that needs to be eliminated. This just feeds into the cycle of hate, which spins around from both sides. We need to break that cycle, not encourage it.

جوري
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
And this is what encourages the people on the other internet forum I visit (on which I constantly find myself defending muslims) to paint Islam as a threat to the world that needs to be eliminated. This just feeds into the cycle of hate, which spins around from both sides. We need to break that cycle, not encourage it.
You write that as if I should recoil and shudder under the force of western threats? wars are going on as we speak and I have no interest in trying to quell them in fact, I hope this is exactly the impetus needed for the Muslim world to wake up... Guys like Saddam should have realized that he was going down anyway, whether hiding in his little **** hole or fighting like a man should!

I can't walk into a book store without seeing because they hate, or my time with terrorists or I worked for Al qaeda before I knew better...

Make no mistake, I don't care for western sentiment or how they view Muslims.. I don't care to make positive PR moves.. I am not a hypocrite!..wars are going on, then let it be war.. I think it is best when everyone feels afflicted by this so they can fight in unison instead of, oh this is Israeli/palestenian problem, oh this is afghani/American problem, oh this is American/Iraqi problem of this is a chechyan/Russian problem... in fact it is all of our (Muslim) problem!..
You defending Muslims, isn't flattering by any means-- and I personally am not a pacifist!

cheers

truemuslim
04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
lol are them danish donuts even halal? khair i'm sure you can make your sweet tooth sacrifice for deen of islam :)

lol yeh they r, well where we buy em they are

@ topic

Who wanna play a biiig superbowl thing anyone can join, us (MUSLIMS n anyone else) vs. the whooole denmark in like 5 rounds of football (AMERIKAN!) omg that wud be like soooo fun and whoever wins can beat the hell outta the other team...ok ok fine whoever wins get to kill bush after november ...fine bein serious now, whoever wins wins and no more stupid baby cartoons...
eh?
i kno nonya gonna agree wit that plus its like that "Its impossible" typa thing.

cute123
04-26-2008, 07:40 AM
You write that as if I should recoil and shudder under the force of western threats? wars are going on as we speak and I have no interest in trying to quell them in fact, I hope this is exactly the impetus needed for the Muslim world to wake up... Guys like Saddam should have realized that he was going down anyway, whether hiding in his little **** hole or fighting like a man should!

I can't walk into a book store without seeing because they hate, or my time with terrorists or I worked for Al qaeda before I knew better...

Make no mistake, I don't care for western sentiment or how they view Muslims.. I don't care to make positive PR moves.. I am not a hypocrite!..wars are going on, then let it be war.. I think it is best when everyone feels afflicted by this so they can fight in unison instead of, oh this is Israeli/palestenian problem, oh this is afghani/American problem, oh this is American/Iraqi problem of this is a chechyan/Russian problem... in fact it is all of our (Muslim) problem!..
You defending Muslims, isn't flattering by any means-- and I personally am not a pacifist!

cheers

Gr8 answer !

Malaikah
04-26-2008, 08:54 AM
For those making the comparison between the cartoon and terrorists - that is completely illogical. How on earth can Muslim in say, the Middle East stop acts of terrorism happening in, for example, the UK? What authority do they have to do so? None!

Terrorism is already a crime in Muslims lands, so what on earth is the point of a boycott? Do you think terrorist care about a boycott? Don't you think they are already hated and outcasts? Don't you realise they are as against modern Muslim governments as they are against the non-Muslims?

On the other hand, a boycott of Danish good would at least mean that there will be mounting pressure on newspapers, film makers etc to stop what they are doing from the public and is more likely to actually work because the newspaper isn't exactly an anti-social element of society, is it?

Honestly, some common sense next time before such ridiculous comparisons are made would be nice.

Snowflake
04-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Malaikah: On the other hand, a boycott of Danish good would at least mean that there will be mounting pressure on newspapers, film makers etc to stop what they are doing from the public and is more likely to actually work because the newspaper isn't exactly an anti-social element of society, is it?

Honestly, some common sense next time before such ridiculous comparisons are made would be nice.
woohoo well said sis! That is what people don't realise is the whole point of the boycott. Not to punish innocent individuals, like the West did when it bombed the whole of Iraq to punish one Saddam Hussain.

bring on the boycott pronto!

barney
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
..wars are going on, then let it be war.. I personally am not a pacifist!

cheers
Never been in a war eh?
I hope sincerely you never are.

chacha_jalebi
04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
why o why o why, must threads go off topic!!

keep it on track or lose it :D

جوري
04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Never been in a war eh?
I hope sincerely you never are.
I have done alot of work in war torn areas ravaged by western greed!
I wouldn't shy away from battle or death!
cheers!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.