/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 years in LI!

glo
04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Greetings, all. :)

I know that Islam places little, if any, importance on the celebration of anniversaries and such.

But my second anniversary here in LI is coming up, so please allow me to reflect and to give my thanks to people here (and to add your own comments if you so wish)

I would like to thank all of you who have
  • taught me about Islam through teaching or by example
  • challenged my own faith
  • strengthened my own faith (sometimes indeed by challenging it)
  • been understanding and patient
  • been forgiving and tolerant, when I chose the wrong wording or caused offence
  • moderated this forum with wisdom and care
  • just become great friends

May God bless you all abundantly!

(And may we have the same conversation in another years time :D)

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-20-2008, 01:35 PM
congratz glo :)

Just as a note, Islam doesn't forbid celebrations so long as they're not innovated in the religion or against the religion.

Since this is something customal, then this anniversary isn't forbidden.

There is no way that the question of innovation can even come up, since an innovation in Islam is to introduce something unprecedented into a matter of religious observance or a matter of devotion to Allah.

As long as the observance of -- is just a customary occasion - neither intended as an expression of religious worship nor established as a formal festival or rite - then there is nothing wrong with celebrating it.
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=14

Peace.

glo
04-20-2008, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
congratz glo :)

Since this is something customal, then this anniversary isn't forbidden.
Peace.
Thank you, Qatada. I am glad to hear so!
Let the celebration begin! (No alcohol or sausage rolls, of course! :D)

------
04-20-2008, 01:49 PM
:salamext:

May Allaah reward all of you brothers and sisters who have been there for me through the good and bad times, given me great advice, and helped me walk along life's path. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

I have made great friends on this forum (too long to list out) and they are superb!

Please forgive me if I have offended or hurt you in any way. I'm sorry.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
adeeb
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
many benefits i've got...hope this forum will exist for long time in the future... ameen

glo
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
Congrats. :D

My two year LI anniversary was just last month. This place really has also benefited me in many ways. Too lazy to list anything though. :phew
I should give a special thank you to you, Alpha Dude, for never ceasing to make me laugh! :D

Congratulations to you too.

Ali.
04-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I've never really talked/debated with you on this forum, but congratulations! I hope you continue to enjoy your stay here :)

Pk_#2
04-20-2008, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Greetings, all. :)

I know that Islam places little, if any, importance on the celebration of anniversaries and such.

But my second anniversary here in LI is coming up, so please allow me to reflect and to give my thanks to people here (and to add your own comments if you so wish)

Peace
Two whole years and you're not a Muslim yet.. :laugh: Wait till Next year!

Na congruts sis,

Be good,

I bought you some Mahaaaasive blackcurrents for a pressie, to make ya very own Ribena with.

glo
04-20-2008, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Two whole years and you're not a Muslim yet.. :laugh: Wait till Next year!
It wasn't for lack of trying on part of my Muslim brothers and sisters here. :)
As always, I continue to be open to God guiding me according to his will.

Na congruts sis,

Be good,

I bought you some Mahaaaasive blackcurrents for a pressie, to make ya very own Ribena with.
Thank you! :)

chacha_jalebi
04-20-2008, 03:20 PM
nice thread :D

and congrats glo, keep up your goood worrrk

Khayal
04-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Greetings!

Congratz!! n be happy! :)

MustafaMc
04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Glo, I have enjoyed and appreciated your presence on the forum. Though we differ fundamentally in our respective faiths, I sense a kindred spirit with you.

Qur'an 5:82 You will find the most violent in enmity to the believers are the Jews and the mushrikin (pagan Arabs); and nearest in affection to the believers are those who say: "We are Christians." That is because among them there are men that are priests and monks, who do not behave arrogantly.

God willing, you will celebrate your 3rd year here as a Muslimah.

(Sorry, just had to sneak that in.:D)

glo
04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Glo, I have enjoyed and appreciated your presence on the forum. Though we differ fundamentally in our respective faiths, I sense a kindred spirit with you.

Qur'an 5:82 You will find the most violent in enmity to the believers are the Jews and the mushrikin (pagan Arabs); and nearest in affection to the believers are those who say: "We are Christians." That is because among them there are men that are priests and monks, who do not behave arrogantly.

Thank you for your kind words, Mustafa.
Who knows on which paths the Almighty may lead us all. :)

MustafaMc
04-21-2008, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for your kind words, Mustafa.
Who knows on which paths the Almighty may lead us all. :)
Thank you for receiving my post in the spirit that it was intended.

glo
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Thank you for receiving my post in the spirit that it was intended.
Must be the kindred spirit :)

Ali.
04-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Sorry for this may be off-topic but no wonder! I have this Christian friend and there's just something about him that I like, though I couldn't tell what it was. Now I know :).

Danah
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Congratulation glo........:)

I am somehow new here I dont know know you very well, hope I will do in the near future in sha allah :-[

glo
04-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Thank you all, for your kind words. :)

barney
04-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Happy Forumverserry!:peace::peace::peace:

Sahabiyaat
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Happy Forumverserry!:peace::peace::peace:
lol

and i bought party popperssss :D
do not mix the drinks people
fanta,sprite,tango,coke and grapefruit juice with a touch of cranberry has proved to be leathal, hic.

oh yeh Congrats Glo,you one member that i really like :)

------
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
:salamext:

fanta,sprite,tango,coke << Mix all together in one glass < Its YUMMY!!!!!!!! :ooh:

Sahabiyaat
04-24-2008, 03:50 PM
yes yummy, but not good for ur tummy, wat say u glo, nice and yummy or upset tummy? (we should do a poll ahlaam)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.