/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Announcement

Woodrow
04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
This is a week late, but I am proud to announce that on 5 Raby'al-Thaany 1429 AH (April 12, 2008) Sister Aaabida Marie and I signed our Nikah.

We have a lot of work to do and there is much travel involved. We are in the process of moving to Minnesota. She is moving from South Dakota and I am moving from Texas.

At the moment there are many miles separating us, but soon this will end, we will begin living our lives together in Minnesota by May 1.

For the next month or so I may be difficult to contact at times, but I will be here as often as possible.

Allaah(swt) has blessed me tremendously by bringing Sister Aabida into my life.

Please make Du'as for us that we may have a long, happy life together.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Whooooohooooooooooooooo Hope it goeswell, may Allah bless you!

Pk_#2
04-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Coooooooooooooooooool, I wana come! Congruts, Ameen,

I was just thinking about you Woodrow, wallahi! about how much I need you to help me with my work on Texan culture, luckily before the downtime I copied my PM's!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah bro Woody...u sound happy Alhamdulillah. May Allah(swt) bless your marriage InshaAllah, Ameen! :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barney
04-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Wooooooooooooooot!!!

Congratz Dude! *Hugs*:awesome::awesome:

*mu'min*
04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
mubarak to you... inshallah allah bless you and sis aabida in this union of nikah and make you the coolness of each others eyes...

Khayal
04-20-2008, 05:51 PM

MashaAllah Uncle Woodrow, Congratz!!
May Allaah(swt) bless your marriage InshaAllah & Ameen!

Woodrow
04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Jazakallah Khayran and Ameen to the Du'as.

It was only by the will of Allaah(swt) that Aabidah and I came in contact with each other. At our ages the thought of ever getting married again seemed to be out of the question.

But, Allaah(swt) had other plans for us.

glo
04-20-2008, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This is a week late, but I am proud to announce that on 5 Raby'al-Thaany 1429 AH (April 12, 2008) Sister Aaabida Marie and I signed our Nikah.

We have a lot of work to do and there is much travel involved. We are in the process of moving to Minnesota. She is moving from South Dakota and I am moving from Texas.

At the moment there are many miles separating us, but soon this will end, we will begin living our lives together in Minnesota by May 1.

For the next month or so I may be difficult to contact at times, but I will be here as often as possible.

Congratulations, Woodrow!! :statisfie
I'd love to extend my prayers to you both, if you will accept them.

Is there any more to this happy story you can share with us here? :)

Souljette
04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Assalamualikum BRO or Grandpa sorry but the way you talk it seems that you are at taht age but mashallahhh MABROOK ...May ALlah (s.w.t) bless you both and inshallah bring peace in both your lives AMeen

'Abd-al Latif
04-20-2008, 06:19 PM

masha'Allah sheikh woodrow! i'm happy for you! may Allah bless you in this marriage.

so whens the walima :D

Asper
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Masha'Allah! Very happy for both of you! Baarakallahu laka, wa baaraka 'alayka, wa jama'a baynakumaa few khayrin =)

Mercedes
04-20-2008, 06:23 PM

Mabrook and May allah grant you the best of marriages and many little Woodrows and Aabidahs :)

------
04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
:salamext:

MashaaAllaah Woodrow Uncle!! I hope everything goes well for u inshaaAllaah, and that you re-unite with her in Jannah! Ameen! :D

Woodrow
04-20-2008, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mercedes

Mabrook and May allah grant you the best of marriages and many little Woodrows and Aabidahs :)
Jazakallah Khayran for the thought but possibly our family is already as large as we can handle. Between her and me we have 6 children, 19 grand children and 5 great grand children.

------
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Jazakallah Khayran for the thought but possibly our family is already as large as we can handle. Between her and me we have 6 children, 19 grand children and 5 great grand children.

MashaaAllaah!!!!! :D

Na7lah
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Mabroook uncle :D :D

Mercedes
04-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Oh wow, masha'allah, im new here and didnt think u were quite that age :) forgive my misunderstanding. A blessed marriage anyways, and may u see only the best in each other.

Woodrow
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Congratulations, Woodrow!! :statisfie
I'd love to extend my prayers to you both, if you will accept them.

Is there any more to this happy story you can share with us here? :)
Thank you Glo.

It was very fast. Neither of us was looking to find a spouse. About a year ago a mutual friend sent me a PM on another forum asking me if i knew of an older brother that may be a suitable match for a recently widowed sister in South Dakota.

I finally responded to the email, found out a little more about Aabidah and realized she was exactly the person I needed in my life. Our friend wrote to Aabidah about me and Abidah felt the same about me. At out age there is no sense in putting things off so we signed the Nikah almost immediately. our lives have been so similar, it is like we have known each other from the day we were born. She also is disabled military. We have nearly identical life histories.

Woodrow
04-20-2008, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mercedes

Oh wow, masha'allah, im new here and didnt think u were quite that age :) forgive my misunderstanding. A blessed marriage anyways, and may u see only the best in each other.

No problem Sister. Most members are a bit shocked when they discover my age.

Mikayeel
04-20-2008, 09:01 PM

I am really happy for u uncle:D, I really hope it goes well!

Soon inshAllah it will be my time to get married :D:D

aadil77
04-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Congrats brother/uncle woodrow! :D :thumbs_up

*Hana*
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Ameen to the duas

Mashallah!!! Mabrook my dear brother. Please extend my heartfelt wishes to your new bride. :statisfie

Wallahi, I am so incredibly happy for you both. Allah, swt, truly is great.

Wow, I have a grin from ear to ear. :D:D

Jazak Allah Khair for sharing this wonderful news and bringing smiles to everyone!! :D

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

m102313
04-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Uncle Woodrow! :)

May Allah Bless you and your Future Wife, Ameen!

Snowflake
04-20-2008, 10:13 PM
wowwwww alhumdulillah bro Woodrow. I'm so pleased for you and sister Aabida mashaAllah. May Allah swt bless your marriage with happiness, peace, understanding and all the other wonderful things you both desire. Ameen. :)

barney
04-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Still really thrilled about this. What a wonderful thing!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Wow Masha'Allah :-) That's brilliant news.

glo
04-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Thank you Glo.

It was very fast. Neither of us was looking to find a spouse. About a year ago a mutual friend sent me a PM on another forum asking me if i knew of an older brother that may be a suitable match for a recently widowed sister in South Dakota.

I finally responded to the email, found out a little more about Aabidah and realized she was exactly the person I needed in my life. Our friend wrote to Aabidah about me and Abidah felt the same about me. At out age there is no sense in putting things off so we signed the Nikah almost immediately. our lives have been so similar, it is like we have known each other from the day we were born. She also is disabled military. We have nearly identical life histories.
Thank you for satsisying my curiosity, Woodrow.
What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it.
:)

جوري
04-21-2008, 01:19 AM

dream gurl
04-21-2008, 01:35 AM
mashallah may allah bless both of ya..inshallah ameeeeeen

syilla
04-21-2008, 02:27 AM
awww......... MashaAllah...

Mabroookkkkkkkkk akheee..........

WHEN IS ACTUALLY WE ARE GOING TO GET TO KNOW HER? you're not going away with this.... :p

Mawaddah
04-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Masha'allah Uncle!! I haven't really looked around the forum in ages and this is such a lovely surprise!! May Allah grant you and your wife a marriage which is happy and brings you both closer to Allah Ameen. I'm so happy for you!!

Woodrow
04-21-2008, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
awww......... MashaAllah...

Mabroookkkkkkkkk akheee..........

WHEN IS ACTUALLY WE ARE GOING TO GET TO KNOW HER? you're not going away with this.... :p
She is registered as a member, Aabidah Marie. But at the moment she is in South Dakota and has been having a PC problem trying to post. (Don't tell her I said most people in South Dakota, have not yet learned how to post on a forum :D)

I will be up there in less than 2 weeks and I am certain you see many posts from her after that.

glo
04-21-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm looking forward to meeting Aabidah Marie, Woodrow. :)

Snowflake
04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Bro Woodrow: At out age there is no sense in putting things off so we signed the Nikah almost immediately. our lives have been so similar, it is like we have known each other from the day we were born. She also is disabled military. We have nearly identical life histories.
MashaAllah, this is so sweet to hear. My heart is bursting with good wishes and duaas for you both. It's true. Good things come to those who wait lololol :)

Admin
04-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Mabrook Akhee[unc]! :D
May Allah Bless you and your Future Wife, Ameen!
Future wife? Another...? Unc! :uuh:
(Don't tell her I said most people in South Dakota, have not yet learned how to post on a forum

)
LOL I'll make sure she atleast replies to this post here. : D

Malaikah
04-21-2008, 09:09 AM

MashaAllah congratulations!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2008, 09:26 AM
mashaAllah uncle!

im wondering if shes as wise as you!

im going to call her auntie!

is she going to teach us loads too? :D

Happy for you tabarakAllaah :)

Assalamu Alaikum

Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
mashaAllah uncle!

im wondering if shes as wise as you!

im going to call her auntie!

is she going to teach us loads too? :D

Happy for you tabarakAllaah :)

Assalamu Alaikum
You're happy

I'm happy

We're all happy for WOODY! Takbir! Lol

Eeek a Li wedding How coooool!!

Woodrow and Aabidah sitting on a tree.... *ahem*

May Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) bless your marriage, keep you both smiling and grant you pious children, :exhausted Ameeen!!!!!!

Ameen ameen!##

Bro? Is Texas an Individualist society? Soz Lol, Can check my work ima send it to you, por favour! JazakAllah khair YOU DE MAN!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Woodrow
04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Admin
Mabrook Akhee[unc]! :D Future wife? Another...? Unc! :uuh:LOL I'll make sure she atleast replies to this post here. : D

Nope, I probably did not make my post clear. It is past tense. we signed the Nikah on April 12. We have been married over a week.

S_87
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Congratulation and may Allah bless you both :D

piXie
04-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Mabrook uncle, and Aameen to all the du'aas! :D

Khayal
04-21-2008, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Mabrook uncle, and Aameen to all the du'aas! :D

piXie, were you here? how are you :?again glad to see you..:)

Danah
04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Mabrook Uncle Woodrow, May Allah bless you and your wife in sha allah
I am really glad to hear that

Al-Zaara
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Selam aleykum, uncle Woodrow

I shall first begin to thank piXie for showing me this thread as I for some odd reason must have gotten blind at the moment it was so active, I fail to understand how I have missed this thread and needed about 2 minutes of silent on MSN...

CONGRATULAAAAATIIOOOOOOOOONSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

From the bottom of my heart!!!! I'm SO surprised but hey, mashaAllah uncle you're an amazing person so why wouldn't she take you? And she seems lovely too!! Always the good ones end up together. :-[ MashaAllah!! :D

Amiin to the previous duaas and I shall remember both of you in my duaas inshaAllah!! This is so awesome!!

P.S. She must get active! :D

snakelegs
04-22-2008, 02:46 AM
what great news - congratulations!
sometimes i think the best things happen when you're not looking for them.
may you and aabidah enjoy many years of health and happiness together!

BlissfullyJaded
04-22-2008, 02:54 AM

Like, wowwy, mashaAllah!!! Mabrooooook uncle Woody! I'm sooo happy for you! :D

Ameen to the adiya.

arabianprincess
04-22-2008, 05:09 AM
mabroooooooooooooooook

n good luck
salamz

north_malaysian
04-22-2008, 05:52 AM
MABROOK... MABROOK...

:D

Periwinkle18
04-22-2008, 05:53 AM
MashaAllah congratulations uncle woodrow :)

cute123
04-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Mashallah , All my good wishes to both of you. Congrats

Umu 'Isa
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Masha Allaah, mabrook Woodrow and Aabidah. May Allaah bless your marriage ameen!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
04-22-2008, 01:54 PM
MashaAllah,
Many congratz and many wishes of a long happy marriage

SouLda_Gal
04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
oh wooow... MashaAllah... its a Huge marriage den init hehehhe May Allah bless you both 4eva n eva n eva n eva lol :)

but hey uncle i got this question... iv herad many people say this before n all... why did you say ''sis'' abida wen you married 2 her????? (so confusd)... quite few people done that.... even before they get married 2 that person they lyk... ''dis bro''... ''that sis''... n im there thinking waaaaaat lol

its like how can you call someone sis or bro when you gona or are married to that person (confused) lol

crayon
04-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Mashallah! Mabrook! Hopefully you will find joy with each other in this life and the next.

Woodrow
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
oh wooow... MashaAllah... its a Huge marriage den init hehehhe May Allah bless you both 4eva n eva n eva n eva lol :)

but hey uncle i got this question... iv herad many people say this before n all... why did you say ''sis'' abida wen you married 2 her????? (so confusd)... quite few people done that.... even before they get married 2 that person they lyk... ''dis bro''... ''that sis''... n im there thinking waaaaaat lol

its like how can you call someone sis or bro when you gona or are married to that person (confused) lol

It is in the context of how it is used. If I introduce her as my sister, (Ukhti) that would be an error as she is Binti (My Wife). It is proper for me to introduce her as my wife, Sister Aabidah, in the sense that the Sister is understood as meaning Your Sister or (Ukhtec, Ukht'k) not as my sister.

crayon
04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
...Doesn't "binti" mean daughter?:X

Woodrow
04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
...Doesn't "binti" mean daughter?:X
The actual literal translation is "my girl" however in many Arab speaking countries it is used for "My girl" "My Daughter" and "My Wife" I believe if you see it used as part of a name such as Aisha bint Abdullah it would be interpreted as Aisha Daughter of Abdullaah. However if Abdullah were to Say "Le'zeem Akhi T'shef binti Aisha" He would be understood as saying "My Brother, you must see my wife Aisha"

crayon
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Oooh yes, that's quite true. Where I come from we usually use it to refer to "daughter" so that's what got me confused..

Makky
04-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Masha' Allah , I'm so happy , Zawaj Mubaraak Insha Allah...I'm happy and surprised as well... I thought you are already married,I thought at least you have one wife :D :D
may Allah grant you (shokr) and help you to be thanful to your God's blessings.

Insha Allah I'm getting married before Ramadan..don't forget me in your prayers.

Khalisah
04-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Congratulations!
May Allah bless your marriage!

Woodrow
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
Masha' Allah , I'm so happy , Zawaj Mubaraak Insha Allah...I'm happy and surprised as well... I thought you are already married,I thought at least you have one wife :D :D
may Allah grant you (shokr) and help you to be thanful to your God's blessings.

Insha Allah I'm getting married before Ramadan..don't forget me in your prayers.

I was married twice before. Both are deceased, may Allaah(swt) grant them mercy and Peace. I was married to my first wife for 25 years and the second one for 17 years. My first wife is the mother of my Children. Of course now I have inherited Aabidah's Children, Grand Children and Great-Grand Children, as she has inherited mine. Our families come as part of the package.

I will remember you in my prayers and may Allaah(swt) bless your upcoming marriage.

ashley66
04-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Congratulation. :)
May Allah bless both of you.:thumbs_up

SouLda_Gal
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM

It is in the context of how it is used. If I introduce her as my sister, (Ukhti) that would be an error as she is Binti (My Wife). It is proper for me to introduce her as my wife, Sister Aabidah, in the sense that the Sister is understood as meaning Your Sister or (Ukhtec, Ukht'k) not as my sister.

thankz alot 4 the explanation :)... but another thing (sorry lol)... if you know you gona get married 2 sum1 can you call that person sis/bro b4 marriage? ... wel i guess no.. but iv heard people say that ... b4 marriage he/she is bro/sis so got 2 call it that way b4 marriage... but that dnt sound ryt (ryt?)

------
04-29-2008, 03:52 PM

This has probably been mentioned before, but how did u two meet? :D

glo
04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
:salamext

This has probably been mentioned before, but how did u two meet? :D
See post 20. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-29-2008, 08:05 PM

I know I'm really late, but; BaarakAllaahu lahuu wa baaraka 'alayhi wa jama'a baynahumaa bi khair.

May Allaah grant you a successful and loving marriage, and may He unite you and your whole family in Jannah, ameen!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah, Brother/Uncle Woodrow! May Allah Ta'ala blessings on your new marriage, peace and understanding!

What a great news.

Souljette
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
MASHALLAH bro this is ur third timee whooo...25 and 17 years..you are a grandfather or great i dnt knw and u still can marry..WE ALL HAVE HOPEE lolzz playin uncle

Intisar
05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
:sl: Mabrook akhee, may Allaah bless your marriage inshaa Allaah. :)

itsme
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM

congrats brother Woodrow. may Allah grant you and your wife a long life full of happy moments.

Mukafi7
05-02-2008, 06:58 PM
انشاء ألله مبروك

Woodrow
05-04-2008, 06:01 PM
jazakallah khayran for all of the Du3as and kind words. We finaly got internet connection today.

I got up to Minnesota at about 10pm on Thursday. Aabidah picked me up at the Bus station in Alexandria and we came to our home in Evansville. It is a wonderfull home and we both love it. We have started preparing to go get the horses and plan to leave for South Dakota on Monday. Then begin moving the horses on Thursday. The weather here is still a bit chilly at night.

Lots of work in front of us, but well worth it. Allaah(swt) has greatly blessed both of us.

I don't know if I posted any pictures of our house, but here are some. It is an older house, over 100 years old, but exactly what we want.

Tania
05-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Congratulation :) and i wish you a happy, understanding and prosperous married life
Why both moved out from your towns and chose a 3 one :?

glo
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
We have started preparing to go get the horses and plan to leave for South Dakota on Monday. Then begin moving the horses on Thursday.
Get the horses??? What horses?

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:Hey unc, just cos the house is very old, it doesn't mean you have to take black and white photos of it too. :X
Funny, as always, Dude! :D
Perhaps the camera Woodrow used is so old it only takes black-and-white pics???

m102313
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Masha'allah that place looks wicked!

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Congratulation :) and i wish you a happy, understanding and prosperous married life
Why both moved out from your towns and chose a 3 one :?
I was ready to move from Austin. After 2 years, my daughter and nursed me back to health and I was ready for country living again. Aabidah wanted to move closer to a Masjid, it was over 200 miles to the closest one to her, plus she was the only Muslim in the entire county. The ranch in Minnesota suddenly became availabile and we fell in love with it.

glo
05-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I was ready to move from Austin. After 2 years, my daughter and nursed me back to health and I was ready for country living again. Aabidah wanted to move closer to a Masjid, it was over 200 miles to the closest one to her, plus she was the only Muslim in the entire county. The ranch in Minnesota suddenly became availabile and we fell in love with it.
The only Muslim in the whole county? That's amazing!
Is Aabidah a revert too?

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 12:53 AM
wow! i'm happy to see that you will be living in the country again after so long in the city - and you will have critters again too - wonderful!
you must both be very excitied. :statisfie

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Get the horses??? What horses?
Aabidah raises Paint horses, she has a large herd of them, we have to move. They will be our livlihood. I get to be a cowboy again.

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 12:58 AM
.... and you had to go clear to minnesota to be cowboy!!! ;D
life is funny, isn't it?

glo
05-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Aabidah raises Paint horses, she has a large herd of them, we have to move. They will be our livlihood. I get to be a cowboy again.
Like this? Yeehah!

I googled Paint horses too ... they look beautiful! :)

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 01:10 AM
The only Muslim in the whole county? That's amazing!
Is Aabidah a revert too?
Yes, she is revert also. She is a Native American, Cheyenne Tribe. South Dakota has very few Muslims. Aabidah was living on the edge of the Sioux reservation, at Pine Ridge, it covers over 6,000 square miles but has less than 25,000 people and only 8 Muslims on the reservation. I believe that in the entire state of South Dakota, there are only 7,000 Muslims. South Dakota is a large state, about the same size as France. But, it is one of our least populated states only about 300,000 people in the whole state.

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:Hey unc, just cos the house is very old, it doesn't mean you have to take black and white photos of it too. :X

Alhamdulilah, I'm glad for you!

I didn't have any pictures so I borrowed the ones from the Real estate ad. but, I like Glo's answer better.

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Mashallah akhi
jazakallah khair and jannah u and ur family inshallah
And enjoy your life bro and congratulations bro!

i didnt kno u were a cowboy....um..MASHALLAH! :)
Wasalaam

Tania
05-05-2008, 05:59 AM
For me sound so good. I wish to be in your place :-[
When you have pictures post please one to can see the horses. :)

north_malaysian
05-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Yes, she is revert also. She is a Native American, Cheyenne Tribe. South Dakota has very few Muslims. Aabidah was living on the edge of the Sioux reservation, at Pine Ridge, it covers over 6,000 square miles but has less than 25,000 people and only 8 Muslims on the reservation. I believe that in the entire state of South Dakota, there are only 7,000 Muslims. South Dakota is a large state, about the same size as France. But, it is one of our least populated states only about 300,000 people in the whole state.
So there are 8 Cheyenne Muslims in the world? Alhamdulillah. Maybe they should start translating the Koran into Cheyenne.:thumbs_up

I wonder if there are Muslims among other Native American tribes..

Selising
05-05-2008, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
MASHALLAH bro this is ur third timee whooo...25 and 17 years..you are a grandfather or great i dnt knw and u still can marry..WE ALL HAVE HOPEE lolzz playin uncle
my mom married her latest husband when she was 60. She was born in 1942. I don't mind she get married since I'm working. I cannot be with her all the time. Let them enjoy their life. They seems to be happy together

Uncle Woodrow, our cyber dad, by now you should have unite with your wife. May Allah bless your marriage. Ameen to all the duas made b4

Selising
05-05-2008, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
So there are 8 Cheyenne Muslims in the world? Alhamdulillah. Maybe they should start translating the Koran into Cheyenne.:thumbs_up

hey hey... If I'm not mistaken our sister Nasima el-Ghazi is also a cheyene. but she was from Kansas City. don't know where is she now.

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

The 8 I mentioned are the 8 on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Those are Oglala Sioux. Up on the North Cheyenne Reservation there are a number of Cheyenne Muslims.

There are several Islamic Native American Support groups forming in this area to assist the Native American Reverts in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming and Montana. The numbers are growing.

Perhaps one day there will be a need for a Qur'an translated into Sioux or Cheyenne. Although English and Lakota are common languages among both Cheyenne and Sioux in this region.

'Abd al-Baari
05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah

Are you going to invite Sister Aabida to the forum Uncle?

I'm sure everyone would love to congratulate her too!

:w: :)

Woodrow
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah

Are you going to invite Sister Aabida to the forum Uncle?

I'm sure everyone would love to congratulate her too!

:w: :)
She has already joined under the name Aabida Marie, I have to
get her to post more. She keeps complaining that her husband keeps grabbing the PC.

'Abd al-Baari
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Awesome :)

She keeps complaining that her husband keeps grabbing the PC.
lol ;D

Huma*
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Congratulations!! May Allah (swt) bless you both with his choicest blessings, and May your lives be filled with noor and rahmah.. Ameen!

AvarAllahNoor
05-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Erm, and my invite was lost in the post I PRESSUME?!

Well done though! May God grant you a happy married life (especially these days) And hope you're granted with many little Woodrows running about all over the place :D

Guru Fateh!

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor

Well done though! May God grant you a happy married life (especially these days) And hope you're granted with many little Woodrows running about all over the place :D

Guru Fateh!
AHAHAHAAAA!! LOOOOL!!

tell the woodrows to join us here when theycome...if they come...inshallah
mashallah bro
jazakallah khair
Hope u have a blessed marriage bro :)

Souljette
05-05-2008, 05:46 PM

YAYYYY SIS HAS JOINED>if she makes an intro we'll welcome her wit bigggggg hugs..ok can't do that on the forum but LUVLEY WELCOMES:D

MaiCarInMtl
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Mabrook Woodrow! I wish you both lots of very happy memories. It always warms my heart to hear of people falling in love and getting married. I'm just a big pile of mush this spring! :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-08-2008, 02:02 AM
She has already joined under the name Aabida Marie, I have to
get her to post more.
MashaAllah, cant wait to start talking to her InshaAllah!

She keeps complaining that her husband keeps grabbing the PC.
LoooooL!, that's sooooooooooo funny :D

Woodrow
05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor

Guru Fateh!
Thank you, but at our ages I doubt if the world needs to worry about an invasion of little Woodrows. My youngest daughter is fixing to be a grandmother soon. Seems like our child bearing years are long passed and time for us to leave that up to the Grandkids.

Of course we will do our best to see if any Little Woodrows and Little Aabidas can still be possible

mutlib
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Assalam o alikum

congrats 2 u on ur wedding... i am bit too late to wish u becoz i have seen this thread to day only.
May Allah grant u a happy life with ur partner.
Ameen

Muhammad
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Masha'Allaah, now it really does seem like a marriage has happened on LI itself! Mabrook once again, and Alhamdulillah that everything is working out well :).

Yanal
12-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Bro woodrow let grandma or sister ( which will she prefer) post.

Tony
12-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Allahs peace and blessings on you nd your familly. I wish you and your intended love, life and laughter

Woodrow
12-23-2008, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Allahs peace and blessings on you nd your familly. I wish you and your intended love, life and laughter

Ameen to the Du'3a

:D This is an old thread. Aabidah and I signed the Nikkah last April 10th although we did not meet until May 1. But, in Islam we have been married since April 10.

Your thoughts and Du'3as are appreciated, Jazakallahu Khyran

Woodrow
12-23-2008, 02:04 AM
I just wanted to point out that while Aabidah and I were visiting our daughter in Texas we discovered she is making a family tree. Turns out there are more grandkids then we both could remember, Amina (our daughter) found the names of 50 grandkids and 9 great grandkids. We had failed to count the Grandkids that have not accepted Islam, yet. However, they are our grandkids and we do accept responsibility and love for them.

Please join us in our Du'3as that they find Islam

Tony
12-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Hahaha, better late than never then. Peace:peace:

Yanal
12-23-2008, 02:13 AM
May your grandkids who haven't yet embraced Islam do so. Amern.

Danah
12-23-2008, 07:25 AM
May allah protect this family and guide everyone to the right path

Sahabiyaat
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Alhamdulillah, this thread has cheered me up today :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.