View Full Version : Do This For Your Brother

Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem,

AsalamuAlauykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

http://www.petitiononline.com/rizwan/petition.html

Rizwan Hussain of Islam Channel

Mek du'a for him!

As most of you might have heard already, barrister Rizwan Hussain was beaten and tortured at Zia International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh earlier this week. He has returned to the UK on Thursday afternoon, albeit, sadly with a broken arm and leg.

His crime was to help an elderly lady with ticket problems and was brutally punished by 5 soliders for 1 hour until he signed a declaration claiming that he was illegally traficking humans and that he falsely claimed to be a Barrister. When he pleaded with them for water, they threw it over the floor and told him to drink it off there. This act of injustice cannot go by without repercussions!

Rizwan Hussain is well for his over-whelming humanitarian aid work. He is a respected & admired figure in the Muslim community and his humble personality & open manner has made him a household favourite regardless of age or gender.

Working alongside Muslim Aid, he was helping regenerate the areas of Bangladesh devastated by Cyclone Sidr, hence his regular visits there. He was an angel to those who he went to help in Bangladesh and his suffering would not have been in vain.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishermans_eye
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Noo! Dhaka Bangladesh is one of the countries I want to move too! I thought it would be good there.:cry:

Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishermans_eye
Noo! Dhaka Bangladesh is one of the countries I want to move too! I thought it would be good there.:cry:
No it's horrible, don't do that to yourself.

Sign the petition please!

Fishermans_eye
04-21-2008, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy

Sign the petition please!
I did, but is it bad if you live in "the right neighborhood" and have a high income?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I did, but is it bad if you live in "the right neighborhood" and have a high income?
I don't know what to say, I would personally never ever ever go there, to live. Ever!

Where are you now? Why there (of all places in the world)?

Fishermans_eye
04-21-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't know what to say, I would personally never ever ever go there, to live. Ever!

Where are you now? Why there (of all places in the world)?
I live in Sweden, good on the outside horrible in the inside.

Bangladesh is warm. It's Muslim, it's modern at least in Dhaka it seems. I don't know why it just seems good.

Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I live in Sweden, good on the outside horrible in the inside.

Bangladesh is warm. It's Muslim, it's modern at least in Dhaka it seems. I don't know why it just seems good.
Boiling, but Bangladesh is in a right state right now. I wouldn't go to any of the neighbouring countries either!

Snowflake
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
signed inshaAllah

Fishman
04-21-2008, 04:36 PM
:sl:
Uhh, what about the constant floods, the diseases, the poverty, the political turmoil, the crime, the overpopulation and all the other things which usually come with being a third-world country?

Its also not a good idea to go and live somewhere that will be underwater in a few decades time...
:w:

Fishermans_eye
04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Uhh, what about the constant floods, the diseases, the poverty, the political turmoil, the crime, the overpopulation and all the other things which usually come with being a third-world country?
All countries are good if you have money. It's about how much money you have not where you live. Most of the people in the UAE are poor. They have to spend 10 years working for free to pay back the ticket that brought them there. Imagine working 20 hour a day in the desert in summer.

But some UAE people drive Lamborghinis. It's all about the money, not where you live. And if you got a nice western education you will get a good paying job.

Its also not a good idea to go and live somewhere that will be underwater in a few decades time...
Only in the rural ares. Poor people suffer not rich.

Fishman
04-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Only in the rural ares. Poor people suffer not rich.
I doubt you will be rich when the country looses a third of its land forever and millions of refugees are flooding up from the south demanding compensation and somewhere to live...

Fishermans_eye
04-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I doubt you will be rich when the country looses a third of its land forever and millions of refugees are flooding up from the south demanding compensation and somewhere to live...
63% of the people in Dhaka can read and write. Imagine the rural ares. And I have a western education. I would hire myself if I learned Bengali.:D

Pk_#2
04-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Yah BD is defo going under water, what makes you think you'd have a place to live, Bangladeshis have gazillions of kids a day, serious no joke, but up to you I guess,

I'd stay in Sweden.

jzcasejz
04-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah I agree that is horrible, I would never want to live in Dhaka. But anyways, this news is sad, after all the efforts he put into Bangladeshi aid, they repay him like this! :raging:

Anyways, signing it inshaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.