/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic books

Khalisah
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Assalamualikum
I have been asked to suggest an Islamic book for some1 who has expressed an interest in Islam, which has spiritual element not Sufism and not Qur’an translation…
Any Ideas?
Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-21-2008, 10:46 PM
:wasalamex

here's a list of good, authentic resources for books insha Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html

Fishermans_eye
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
What are all of these, Shia, sufi? I better check that site too:D

Khalisah
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
:sl:
The thing is that Im not sure what 'spiritual' means, as it was a request from a sister to another sister, and then to me. So Im a bit unclear about what it means myself.If anyone has any thoughts about what it could mean, that would be much appreciated.
Jazak Allah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
:wasalamex

http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...oducts_id=2026

gems and jewels, its so amazing subhan Allah.. spiritual as in heart softening and wisdom.

you can infact download the audio of the book from here;

http://kalamullah.com/lectures.html [go down the page abit]

Khalisah
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Thank you for all the books that have been recomended!...I have passed on the 'gems and jewels' book, so inshaAllah I hope thats what the sister was looking for. I'l be buying the book too inshaAllah as soundz like a beautiful book to have!
Take care

YusufNoor
04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkchocolate
Assalamualikum
I have been asked to suggest an Islamic book for some1 who has expressed an interest in Islam, which has spiritual element not Sufism and not Qur’an translation…
Any Ideas?
Thank you

assuredly not to disagree with Brother Qatada, i would recommend a simple book on the Seerah, such as Martin Ling's Muhammad Based Upon the Earliest Writings [which has a few gross errors] or a better one that someone can suggest [like the Sealed Nector]; or The Road To Mecca by Leopold Wiess A/K/A Muhammad Asad.

the Seerah i recommend because you learn how revelation came down and the history of Islam. my opinion would be that some of the most distorted views one has about Islam would be eliminated and hopefully they would want to learn more!

a brother was trying to make Dawwah with someone and nothing was working, he gave them a copy of the Road To Mecca and they loved it! the book is about how Wiess a German Jew not only became a Muslim but also was intimate with the house of Saud [but we won't mention how that brought about some curious editing after falling out of favor with them...]

:w:

- Qatada -
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
:salamext:

bro yusuf, i think this ones good in its writing, plus it has less errors compared to martin lings :)

Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil M. Salahi.

There's a good book called Don't be Sad [by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni], which you can access on the internet, but its better to be read in real life.

Malaikah
04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
There's a good book called Don't be Sad [by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni], which you can access on the internet, but its better to be read in real life.
i was going to suggest that book, its got to be one of the best 'spiritual' books I've read! It would be great for a non-Muslim to benefit from too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.