/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bros n sisters today!!! =(

------
04-23-2008, 09:12 AM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah, recently on the bus on the way to work I saw guys with their pants hanging low and lots of 'bling' and MASSIVE spiked up hair... What has become of our Muslims brothers?!

And the sisters... you wear a Hijaab, you cover your hair, ok, but what about the tight jeans, and low tops?! You show ur body shape so what is the point of covering your hair?!

Subhaan Allaah brothers and sisters...Try and follow Islaam as much as you can, I can't stress this enough. This way of life is the way of the KUFAAR! The KUFAAR wil be in HELL FIRE. The HELL FIRE is 70 TIMES stronger than the fire of this world!

What will Hell be like?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Number 487

Allah's Apostle said, "Your (ordinary) fire is one of 70 parts of the (Hell) Fire." Someone asked, "O Allah's Apostle This (ordinary) fire would have been sufficient (to torture the unbelievers)," Allah's Apostle said, "The (Hell) Fire has 69 parts more than the ordinary (worldly) fire, each part is as hot as this (worldly) fire."
What will Paradise be like?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Number 468

Allah's Apostle said, "The first group (of people) who will enter Paradise will be (glittering) like the moon when it is full. They will not spit or blow their noses or relieve nature. Their utensils will be of gold and their combs of gold and silver; in their centers the aloe wood will be used, and their sweat will smell like musk. Everyone of them will have two wives; the marrow of the bones of the wives' legs will be seen through the flesh out of excessive beauty. They ( i.e. the people of Paradise) will neither have differences nor hatred amongst themselves; their hearts will be as if one heart and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the evening."
Now YOU think brothers and sisters about which one you would prefer to be in the Hereafter!!

You can read more about the Hereafter here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Truly agree , with you, it so difficult to find people , who wear pants above their ankles infact , when we look out such people for marriage for instance ,i dont find 1 house , where TV & music is banned, 5 times prayer in the masjid is a habit, moreover this pressure should be from the males of the house . Seriously hope our condition improves .

/--------/
And whose so ever is following them - all the brothers may ALLAH TALLAH bless you all more in your faith, its a peaceful sight and encouragement to others .As 1 joins , 2 joins and an atmosphere is created which then transforms ways of living. And those who do not ,try not to wear the English dress , In our outfit you all look much better and good, With the growing beard - the face gets a shine of its own , with the lowered gaze - the face is so much beautified. everything said to us is for a cause but if it only crosses the covering of "ran" in our hearts then only we can realize it. May ALLAH TALLAH favour us with HIS guidance

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2008, 09:28 AM
yeh....

*Marwah
04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
True True.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Subhaan Allaah, recently on the bus on the way to work I saw guys with their pants hanging low and lots of 'bling' and MASSIVE spiked up hair... What has become of our Muslims brothers?!
Ugh I know, don't you just feel sick when seeing people dressed like that. But where I live there are tons of brothers & sisters who dress islamically and they all look gorgeous mashaAllah.

Nice thread sis :)

cute123
04-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Where do you live?

Snowflake
04-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Birmingham, UK :D

lolol omg just read ur siggy!! I'm speechless. JazakAllah khair sweetheart. May Allah accept our duaas. Ameen. :statisfie:D:amin:

Ali.
04-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Are you saying we're all like this?

On the other hand, good reminder.

------
04-23-2008, 03:13 PM

^ Nope, but some people are :)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Astagfirullah! So true.

The prohibition on isbaal is mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whatever part of the lower garment comes beneath the ankles is in the Fire.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5787.

With regard to wearing see-through clothing that shows the ‘awrah, this is haraam and is not permissible, because the one who does that is not considered to be covering his ‘awrah.

The same applies to tight clothes which show the size and shape of the ‘awrah and are a cause of fitnah (temptation). We are living in an age where desires are easily provoked and there is a great deal of fitnah, so how can it be appropriate for the Muslim youth to make matters worse and expose themselves to the wrath of the Lord.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM

I would like to say something more.

I have winced in horror on a plane coming home from Damascus in which all the male passengers were Muslims, except a couple of western tourists, who wore shirts open to the waist (sweat, chest-hair and all), and shorts, and were quite oblivious to (or not bothered by) the reaction of distaste from those all around them. In fact, male Muslims are also expected to dress modestly, in clean clothing that covers them and does not emphasize their sexuality.

Needless to say, it is not only modest clothing that is required, but also modest behaviour-not the Dickensian Uriah-Heepish sort of crawling humility-but the genuine desire to do good for no reason other than to please Allah, seeking no reward, or thanks, or public notice. The cover-up clothing of Muslim women is not intended as a punishment or an endurance test, but as a wish to appear graceful and feminine without encouraging any sexual advances. ‘Covered ladies’ are not necessarily innocent youngsters, virgins about to be sacrificed in marriage, but may be mothers of half a dozen children, perhaps married several times.

Modesty goes hand in hand with value. When men and women are modest, they are in fact valuable people, and without any thought of self-aggrandizement, realize their value. The values of modesty and genuine humility are God-given, and those who possess those characteristics are blessed indeed. Moreover, they are lights shining in the darkness, giving an example of hope and goodness to others.

May Allah bless us, and fill our hearts with love and compassion, and direct our lives along a path that will enable us to bring help, hope, serenity, shelter and peace to others, and a means of rescue and healing to those already hurt and damaged by callousness, cruelty and abuse. Amen.

Huma*
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM

yea true, I'v seen many girls wearing jeans even in The Holy Mosque, Makkah. To my surprise I saw them offering prayers in that outfit inside Haram.
They clad themself in Abaya from tip to toe but actually they wear jeans.:omg:

Snowflake
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
They clad themself in Abaya from tip to toe but actually they wear jeans.:omg:
I didn't understand that. Did you mean they wear jeans underneath the abaya?

Huma*
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
:sl:

yea exactly..

Snowflake
04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
^what's wrong with that? :hmm:

SouLda_Gal
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM

yea exactly.. normally they are cladded in abaya from tip to toe. but actually they are wearing jeans.
emm anything wrong in wearing jeans under the abaya????

wel if the sis is fully coverd islamicaly then nutin realy wrong with wearing jeans under the abaya... :):)... infact i think theres nothing wrong with wearing jeans as far as they not tight or something. (i mean as far as you not breaking the islamic rulings of hijab) :)

Snowflake
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
^even if they're tight, there's nothing wrong with wearing them under the abaya.

Huma*
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM

The clothes of Muslim women should not resemble men's clothes. Abu Hurairah said that: The Messenger of Allah (saws) cursed the man who wears women's clothes and the woman who wears men's clothes.

Ibn Umar said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) say: He is not of us who imitates women nor is he of us who imitates men."

Prophet (saw) said, "Allah's curse is upon women who appear like men and upon men who appear like women" (Sahih al-Jami # 4976)

Pk_#2
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM

The clothes of Muslim women should not resemble men's clothes. Abu Hurairah said that: The Messenger of Allah (saws) cursed the man who wears women's clothes and the woman who wears men's clothes.

Ibn Umar said that he heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) say: He is not of us who imitates women nor is he of us who imitates men."

Prophet (saw) said, "Allah's curse is upon women who appear like men and upon men who appear like women" (Sahih al-Jami # 4976)
Oh good Lord,

You can definitely wear jeans man,

Allahu Alim :exhausted

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Jeans is not only for mens. Where is the evidence that jeans is only for mens in Hadith or Quran?

I didn't mean rude. I just want know that all. :)

Tight clothing is haraam if only to show the public but it is okay by using the abaya to covering our clothes (jeans or western clothes) under the abaya.

------
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM

I didn't condemn them :X

glo
04-24-2008, 06:31 AM
How would you even know what a woman wears under this?
And is it anybody's business to even wonder about it? :?

barney
04-24-2008, 06:39 AM
I notice in Glo's picture the Muslimah has gloves on. I diddnt think showing the hands was haram, just painting the nails or jewelry on them?

cute123
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=glo;931986]How would you even know what a woman wears under this?
And is it anybody's business to even wonder about it? :?

Glo, this is with respect to people who wear open abayas , where if the wind blows , even the short T_shirt and a part of the waist is seen. And when they walk , the jeans is obviously visible. (if every woman wears this type of abaya the pic shown then i feel the problem of at least girls wearing hijab will be no more)

cute123
04-24-2008, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Asalamu Alaykum,

Sister, I can understand where you're coming from, but the way I see it, these people don't realise the importance of such acts in the first place, so no matter how much we condemn such behaviour, it will be of little effect.

If we examine why they do such things, we realise that it's because they are perhaps not grounded in their Islamic belief. Sometimes people don't have enough faith in Allah in the first place, so condeming them is really not going to achieve much (most likely, it will push them further away from Islam).

We need to tackle the root first, and that is bringing them to Allah. If you can make them sincere in their quest to be good muslims, then all outward acts will follow naturally.

That's the way I see it anyway.
I agree , if we love ALLAH Subhanalawatallah ,then we would strive hard to please HIM , by doing what he likes and by not doing what he does not.
As far as wearing jeans for a girl is concerned , its not allowed , above mentioned hadiths are enough for the proof, the body and the contours are being seen .
/-------------------------------------/
Relating a story of Asma bint Abu Bakr (Radhiallah TAllah Anhu) when in the old age she had become blind

Her son, al-Mundhir once sent her an elegant dress from Iraq made of fine and costly material. Asmaa by this time was blind. She felt the material and said, "It's awful. Take it back to him".
Al-Mundhir was upset and said, "Mother. it was not transparent . "

"It may not be transparent," she retorted, "but it is too tight fitting and shows the contours of the body."
Al-Mundhir bought another dress that met with her approval and she accepted it.
/-------------------------------------------------/
Source : Companions of the Prophet (Sallaloho Alaihi wassalam)
http://muslimslibrary.googlepages.com/

glo
04-24-2008, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
Glo, this is with respect to people who wear open abayas , where if the wind blows , even the short T_shirt and a part of the waist is seen. And when they walk , the jeans is obviously visible. (if every woman wears this type of abaya the pic shown then i feel the problem of at least girls wearing hijab will be no more)
Thank you for your explanation, Asma Shaikh. :)

SouLda_Gal
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^even if they're tight, there's nothing wrong with wearing them under the abaya.
yeh but thats nt wat i meant lol... i meant thers nothing wrong with wearin jeans even if you not wearin abaya.

Snowflake
04-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree , if we love ALLAH Subhanalawatallah ,then we would strive hard to please HIM , by doing what he likes and by not doing what he does not.
As far as wearing jeans for a girl is concerned , its not allowed , above mentioned hadiths are enough for the proof, the body and the contours are being seen .
Wearing jeans is not prohibited sis; provided they are not exposed like you said. As for clothing that resembles mens, then so do coats, jackets, and even abayas look like jubbas but are slightly flared at the bottom. The prohibition to imitate men and vice versa relates to dressing like them to appear as such. Styles of clothing do not differ much expect in colour, fabric and design.

"It may not be transparent," she retorted, "but it is too tight fitting and shows the contours of the body."
Al-Mundhir bought another dress that met with her approval and she accepted it.
Yup, that just shows that a womans clothes mustn't reveal her shape. It doesn't prove they cannot wear tight clothing underneath abayas. The whole point of wearing an abaya, jilbaab, large shawl, is to cover what's underneath e.g. tight/revealing clothes.

yeh but thats nt wat i meant lol... i meant thers nothing wrong with wearin jeans even if you not wearin abaya.
yes there is if you're going outside in them

------
04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal

Yes there is sis, you're revealing your body shape.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-24-2008, 07:21 PM

^ U right, Sister AhLAAM.

If we don't using to wearing the abaya, when we are wearing the jean and then it will be showed our body shape. Which is haraam!

Souljette
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice thread mashallah.i once used to wear tight clothing before i came into practicing islam..nd it's true i wasn't grounded in my belief which is why i dint evn think it was rong...Alhamdullah Allah (S.W.T) guided me

------
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM

MashaaAllaah sis, may Allaah guide u until ur soul departs from ur body, Ameen. Please make dua for me.

Souljette
04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Ameen to that and Inshallah i will sis and plz do fr me too because we often do get carried awy before we realize wht we do rongg

Seri
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
on that note... anyone got any tips on how to wear modest clothing i live in australia and cant find much clothing that i can wear especially during summer when all the things on sale are short sleeved, and in winter all the shops sell three quarter length sleeved clothes and nowhere sells long skirts because i hate to say it but they arent very fashionable ... i try to wear baggy pants with long tops but it seems i am always looking the same due to the limited amount of options ... any hep out there???

Seri
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
any hep out there???[/QUOTE]

i mean help HELP lol

SouLda_Gal
04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Yes there is sis, you're revealing your body shape.
hows that revealin ur body shape??? ... all jeans arent tight... there are mnay types of jeans.. and im on about the loose ones. nothing wrong with that as far as your wearing a long kameez or sumit with em.

truemuslim
04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
hmm...
u dont HAVE to wear gloves. u dont even have to wear the niqab.
and hijab is not to cover the hair, hijab is to cover up, u dress modestly hijab is part of that.
AND
Im not like that...just sayin.
:)
Nice reminder sis
Jazakallah khair

------
04-25-2008, 05:55 PM

^ i don't wanna go in too much detail but it reveals the shape of ur legs.

Anyway, girls should avoid it.

Snowflake
04-25-2008, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
hows that revealin ur body shape??? ... all jeans arent tight... there are mnay types of jeans.. and im on about the loose ones. nothing wrong with that as far as your wearing a long kameez or sumit with em.

Even if they are not tight, you can still make out the outline of the legs due to movement. Perhaps if one stood still like a statue it'd be less obvious. Even loose jeans worn without an abaya take something away from the modesty factor. It points to a love of exhibiting oneself to others.

Normal clothing, shalwar kameez - whatever kind, should be covered with a loose outergarment when going out. If one wears shalwaar kameez with a shawl on top, you can still see the waist and hips. God knows I've seen so many women's kameezes blow up with the wind, revealing the lower half of the body clearly. That's not pardah.

Allah has stated in the Quran: "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close around them. that will be better, *so that they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever forgiving, merciful...." (from A.Yusef Ali's translation of the Qur'an; other versions translate the original Arabic as "veils" where Ali uses "cloaks").

*Recognised as women who guard their modesty

I also think displaying your jeans alters other's perception of you. It's like saying, "Look at me - I'm an ultra modern muslimah!" So it looks as if you want people to notice you for being trendy. It just doesn't go hand in hand with how a muslimah should identify herself as the epitome of simplicity and modesty.

------
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM

^ SMAKED IT!!!!!!! :D

islamirama
04-25-2008, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
hmm...
u dont HAVE to wear gloves. u dont even have to wear the niqab.
and hijab is not to cover the hair, hijab is to cover up, u dress modestly hijab is part of that.
AND
Im not like that...just sayin.
:)
Nice reminder sis
Jazakallah khair
that is true.

khimar is the headscarf. Hijab refers to full body covering from head to toe. And yea jeans don't qualify, even loose fit jeans either as they do show the shape. Regardless of what others say, u may look ok while standing but try any other position or movement and see how apparent everything becomes to others.

Na7lah
04-25-2008, 07:51 PM
thnks 4 da reminder ukhty :D

Danah
04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
jazaki allah khair for this sister, this is so true subhan allah they are acting like Kaferen but in their own ways

Cabdullahi
04-25-2008, 09:52 PM
if all fashion industries advertised islamic clothing and publicised it to be cool and swanky,we would see everyone in the street walking dressed modestly but because they are kuffar and the shaytan whispers to them ,they advertise revealing clothes and so some muslims especially sisters feel that if they do not buy these clothes they won't fit in society same goes for our brothers

SouLda_Gal
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
im confused n also not lol.... wel i need 2 probs research more ant this thing... buh i alredy had n thought nothing wrong with... oh well nevermind.. salaamz

------
04-28-2008, 01:55 PM

^ Sis clear proofs have been presented :)

Wa Alaykum Assalam Wa Rahmatullaah

Sanobar
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
yes agreed... cover ur hair and then wear tight jeans ...? whats the point..moreover ppl also nowadays end up wearin tight abayas?

and dun make me start of wit the guyz! sheeshh...

jazakAllah for the post sis.. good reminder!

SouLda_Gal
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

^ Sis clear proofs have been presented :)

Wa Alaykum Assalam Wa Rahmatullaah
yeh but iv had even clear proves b4... n those proofs .... hold on i need to listen 2 them agn... wel i heard a lecture abt hijab which was by zakir naik... need 2 listen 2 it agn.. and btw accotding 2 zakir naik.. abaya is not fard and theres nothing wrong with wearing salwaar kameez... yeh iv seen alot girls wear tight salwaar kameez etc... but iv also seen sis wear salwaar kameez in such a way that they truly do look modest :) peace

------
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM

^ Khayr inshaaAllaah, follow with what seems right. :)

------
06-30-2008, 03:21 PM

...BuMp...

Güven
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Soo soo True , so True That Is becomes Scary :skeleton:

Eeman
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
is this not consdired as backbiting and slandering fellow brothers and sisters of our ummah????

the way they dress and lead their lives is their choice and issue, Allah swt has given them free will, and He is the only Just Judge.

sitting here preaching about how we are perfect and strive to be hard and seek Jannah from the Most High then at the same time contradict all those beliefs by saying this sister wore these jeans and it was soooooooo tight that brother had jeans hanging down.

we are we to judge!???
I mean think about it for all we know we might consider ourselves to be holy mollies, but in reality they might be holier than we are only Allah swt knows whats in he heart.

so please brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah and for the fear you have in Him in your hearts and fear of ending up in eternal doom, stop this.

ma salama.

chacha_jalebi
06-30-2008, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
is this not consdired as backbiting and slandering fellow brothers and sisters of our ummah????

the way they dress and lead their lives is their choice and issue, Allah swt has given them free will, and He is the only Just Judge.

sitting here preaching about how we are perfect and strive to be hard and seek Jannah from the Most High then at the same time contradict all those beliefs by saying this sister wore these jeans and it was soooooooo tight that brother had jeans hanging down.

we are we to judge!???
I mean think about it for all we know we might consider ourselves to be holy mollies, but in reality they might be holier than we are only Allah swt knows whats in he heart.

so please brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah and for the fear you have in Him in your hearts and fear of ending up in eternal doom, stop this.

ma salama.
:D

as hadhrat Uthman (ra) once said ... "im surprised people look at other peoples sins, yet forget their own"

diggidy diggidy, i think , i think, i think i feel :p that if you see somethin wrong, ask the person not to behave in such a way and if your scared to do that just make dua for them innay:D

may Allah (swt) be pleased with us all ( aint i nice:-[)

Kas1m
06-30-2008, 04:59 PM
look inside you before eyeing someone else

------
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM

I wasn't 'judging'. I was merely expressing my concern.

Souljette
06-30-2008, 06:24 PM

I don't see how this is backbiting and slandering if we aren't even mentioning names :S ...It becomes backbiting when we mention names but Sis Serene is talking in general...How are we backbiting when we didn't even say anything about a person..I think the youth on this forum will learn from this because they will learn that it is wrong to dress like this ..THey will learn that they should stick to Islam and not follow the society...I don't see how any1 is being holy...it is merely a person's concern..it is in our heart that we feel for our Ummah and it is not in our hands to stop this feeling..I can't just sit here and think about myself only if i see something wrong going on I WILL POINT IT OUT to that person

No offense intended to anyone in particular but as long as you don't mention a name it is not backbiting..I recall reading this somewhere.

------
06-30-2008, 06:34 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr sis SJ, nicely explained.

Pk_#2
06-30-2008, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

I don't see how this is backbiting and slandering if we aren't even mentioning names :S ...It becomes backbiting when we mention names but Sis Serene is talking in general...How are we backbiting when we didn't even say anything about a person..I think the youth on this forum will learn from this because they will learn that it is wrong to dress like this ..THey will learn that they should stick to Islam and not follow the society...I don't see how any1 is being holy...it is merely a person's concern..it is in our heart that we feel for our Ummah and it is not in our hands to stop this feeling..I can't just sit here and think about myself only if i see something wrong going on I WILL POINT IT OUT to that person

No offense intended to anyone in particular but as long as you don't mention a name it is not backbiting..I recall reading this somewhere.
That was so cute SJ! Dun mess wiv -serene- she has bak up Loq, it was a good reminder,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

*KB*
06-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Assalamualaykum, Peace to All

Yes, I do see what you are saying Sister -Serene- and really the only thing other than to remind us all of this, is to make Du'aa. Insha'Allah what Allah does, Allah does for the best :)

Jazak'Allah Khairan for the reminder.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

And the sisters... you wear a Hijaab, you cover your hair, ok, but what about the tight jeans, and low tops?! You show ur body shape so what is the point of covering your hair?!

Subhaan Allaah brothers and sisters...Try and follow Islaam as much as you can, I can't stress this enough. This way of life is the way of the KUFAAR! The KUFAAR wil be in HELL FIRE. The HELL FIRE is 70 TIMES stronger than the fire of this world!

Now YOU think brothers and sisters about which one you would prefer to be in the Hereafter!!

You can read more about the Hereafter here.

Yeah, is normal now...in modern world..muslim bro and sis....love fashions...
i have some friends who are muslimah, wearing skirts,body cutting dress and t shirt....and make up on..some where shawls or tudung.. and some they didnt wear shawl...and coloured their hairs... muslimim wearing short pant going out to mall,tight fitting clothes,and bling bling fashion clothes....like punk style,hip hop style and etc in my country....! why i am saying muslim now follow the way of jews clothing....sexy...and hot... clothing of mouthwatering attractions. NAbi muhammad had told...that the modern world muslim are going be astray...even islam is the religion are in straight paths...
i have lotsa muslim friends doesnt pray 5x a day and etc....!

*KB*
06-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Assalamualaykum

^^I know Brother Suffiyan007 , just make Du'aa. Also I recommend the Baba Ali video: That's not Hijab! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jQi0Gjy3M

Also a question to all the Sisters that do this If you are wearing a scarf, why do you show your fringe? Isn't the purpose of wearing a Hinjab to cover the hair?

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

^^I know Brother Suffiyan007 , just make Du'aa. Also I recommend the Baba Ali video: That's not Hijab! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jQi0Gjy3M

Also a question to all the Sisters that do this If you are wearing a scarf, why do you show your fringe? Isn't the purpose of wearing a Hinjab to cover the hair?

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
Walaykusalam..KB...

insyaallah we will pray to Allah...for the hidayah from Allah....
i agreed with you...May Allah bless u too!...:w::statisfie

*KB*
06-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Assalamualaykum

^^Jazak'Allah Khairan :D:D:D

May Allah Bless Us All :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Eeman
06-30-2008, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

dear sister... let me give u an example (DEAR SIS AN EXAMPLE ONLY... I DO NOT MEAN ANY OF IT) just trying to explain what you said not making sense thats all so i hae to illustrate it for you....

Hi guys...

there is a sister on this forum who is soooooooooo annoying gosh she goes around preaching everyone and thinks that she s holier than everyone, as far as im concerned she is a hipocrite and talks shizzle people like that man dont even get me started like hello!!!!! what is that about!!!!!!
she has a little goldy biege kitten on her avatar.

so here i have mentioned no names but as far as i am concerened it is still backbiting and slandering! NO IFS OR BUTS or excuses!

chacha_jalebi
06-30-2008, 08:00 PM
i dont think the sister meant the original starter of the thread was backbitin, so lol stop postin replies, it just looks like your bein ganged up upon, sister serene, who started the thread was merely jus sayin what she viewed on that terible day:p

soo all is good, i agreed with the sisters post cause i have a issue today with backbiters:D

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
i heard that wearing Gold jewelery is haram....is that true?

Fishman
06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
i heard that wearing Gold jewelery is haram....is that true?
Yes, but only for men.
:w:

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
thanks...mmm! gotta go now....perform my morning prayer..fajr prayer...goodbye...Fishman! jazakallah khayran...!:sl::statisfie

------
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Please stay on topic.

Snowflake
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,
dear sister... let me give u an example (DEAR SIS AN EXAMPLE ONLY... I DO NOT MEAN ANY OF IT) just trying to explain what you said not making sense thats all so i hae to illustrate it for you....

Hi guys...

there is a sister on this forum who is soooooooooo annoying gosh she goes around preaching everyone and thinks that she s holier than everyone, as far as im concerned she is a hipocrite and talks shizzle people like that man dont even get me started like hello!!!!! what is that about!!!!!!
she has a little goldy biege kitten on her avatar.

so here i have mentioned no names but as far as i am concerened it is still backbiting and slandering! NO IFS OR BUTS or excuses!
Sister, plz stop exaggerating. Serene sis did not mention a particular person who is identifiable unlike the example you gave. If you'd focused your attention on the message in her post, it could've prevented the misinterpretation of her intention in the first place.

Serene went on to warn/remind.. hence her post was of concern not slander.
I'm amazed sister Eeman that you show utmost concern in what you perceive to be slander, yet you do not hesistate to bad rep a sister for disagreeing with her post. Not once realising that such things do not help to increase love between the ummah. It just goes to show no one is perfect.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Eeman
07-01-2008, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sister, plz stop exaggerating. Serene sis did not mention a particular person who is identifiable unlike the example you gave. If you'd focused your attention on the message in her post, it could've prevented the misinterpretation of her intention in the first place.

Serene went on to warn/remind.. hence her post was of concern not slander.

I'm amazed sister Eeman that you show utmost concern in what you perceive to be slander, yet you do not hesistate to bad rep a sister for disagreeing with her post. Not once realising that such things do not help to increase love between the ummah. It just goes to show no one is perfect.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
For starters read my reply no here in it did i address that to serene!!!!
gosh i dont understand people so quick at making assumptions.
i was taling in general when i was browsing through the thread there were people making comments like...

"OMG dont even get me started on them, like what is that about?"
stuff like that, so as regards my bad repping someone please go back and read by post properly then make your assumptions.

ma salama

------
07-01-2008, 12:05 PM

YOU are the one making assumptions. Please don't mess my thread up. Jazaak Allaah.

Souljette
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Sis Eemaan I didn't mention your name ..my post wasn't only addressed to you it was also adressed to other people..Sis I also said..No offense intended because I merely wanted to point out why Sis Serene posted this topic and the point behind it as many people weren't getting it...Now I won't answer the visual or example you gave me because Sis Scents of Jannah already answered that question ...Inshallah I hope that you weren't offended but what I was reading by people's posts not only you but others were taking the message out of context ...My apologies if the post you had wasn't directed at the thread starter but nevertheless my intention was to clear the misunderstanding up

Salamualikum

Al-Zaara
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM

samirasabir
07-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I agree as long as their body is covered then it no matter what they wear underneath. how foolish of you?

MuslimahBlue
07-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Were not really gaining anything from saying "Oh I saw a Hijabi with tight clothes on the street" or "I saw a brother with such and such a clothes".

If you know someone who doesn't wear the proper Islamic clothing take them aside and advise them, show them where you are getting your daleel from. You'd be suprised at how many people just don't know what is proper Islamic clothing and think it is okay to wear t-shirt and a Hijab they just haven't been taught or the people around them are too scared to say it because they think the person will get angry.

And I'm sure many of us have been guilty of not wearing proper Islamic clothes at one point or another.

So for everyone here I am sure you know some people in your life whether it be your friend, mother/father..etc that does not dress properly. Did you advise them? Or do you wait to go on the internet and talk about seeing an improperly dressed person on the street.

ayesha309
07-06-2008, 01:23 AM
read this Khutbah delivered by Sheikh Saud Ash-Shuraim in Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah. It is called Save The Women.

http://www.khalidmosque.com/en/modul...rtid=64&page=1

Masha'Allah its awesome and definetly authentic!

Eeman
07-06-2008, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
Were not really gaining anything from saying "Oh I saw a Hijabi with tight clothes on the street" or "I saw a brother with such and such a clothes".

If you know someone who doesn't wear the proper Islamic clothing take them aside and advise them, show them where you are getting your daleel from. You'd be suprised at how many people just don't know what is proper Islamic clothing and think it is okay to wear t-shirt and a Hijab they just haven't been taught or the people around them are too scared to say it because they think the person will get angry.

And I'm sure many of us have been guilty of not wearing proper Islamic clothes at one point or another.

So for everyone here I am sure you know some people in your life whether it be your friend, mother/father..etc that does not dress properly. Did you advise them? Or do you wait to go on the internet and talk about seeing an improperly dressed person on the street.
Dear sister THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

and sitting here tslking about them on this forum is backbiting!!!
Ya Allah swt have mercy on all the sisters and brothers of our ummah for backbiting!!!!

------
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Dear sister THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Ya Allah swt have mercy on all the sisters and brothers of our ummah for backbiting!!!!
I am not backbiting.

Backbiting means “speaking ill of a believer in their absence with the purpose of disparaging or not, and no matter whether the alleged shortcoming was related to his body, lineage, behaviour, deeds, statements, religion, or life, and other defects which are concealed from the people. Similarly, it does not matter whether the description was done by words or by gesture.”
format_quote Originally Posted by samirasabir
I agree as long as their body is covered then it no matter what they wear underneath. how foolish of you?
Their body isn't covered. They wear tight jeans, low tops, revealing clothes - do you want me to describe the rest?

May Allaah Guide us all, Ameen.

Al-Zaara
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Amiin!

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

Bismillahi rahmani rahiim!

Tough in this case it is not the sin of backbiting (gheebat), if God so wills. For backbiting is:
Imam al-Barkawi said in his masterpiece on the operationalization of taqwa, al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya,

“Backbiting is to mention the negative points of a specific brother who is known to the the one being addressed, or to indicate them or make them known by the hand or any other limbs.”

Allama Abu Sa`id al-Khadimi explained,

“(A specific brother who is known to the the one being addressed) for the who is not specified or known would not be backbiting.” [al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya fi Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya, 3: 183)
But in any case, it is not good to join in an discussion fiercly/a lot or at all, when talking about the defects of others, even though it [the discussion] isn't included in the sin of backbiting. It is an error in judgment to engage in such discussion. We know nothing about the hearts of those persons. We gotta ask ourselves, who is worse, the one who made the fire or the one who let it burn even though it could have been stopped [by this person]? And would you want someone talking about your mistakes and flaws, while you away from the eyes of people constantly ask for forgiveness and guidance from the Lord?
"Safety lies is holding fast to the counsel of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say that which is good or remain silent." And he said, "Whoever is silent is saved." And, "From the excellence of a man's Islam is to leave that which does not concern him." The scholars explain "that which concerns him" as being anything in which there is a real worldly or next-worldly benefit."
Rather just ask each other to pray for the people to get guided and to keep you guided aswell, inshaAllah.

------
07-06-2008, 12:41 PM

MashaaAllaah sis that was deep. Thread can be closed inshaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.