/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Respect

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

And who believe in (the Quran and the Sunnah) which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) and in [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.). [Al-Baqarah 2:4]

I remember when I was younger, maybe 12 or 13 years old, I accompanied my father to a business lunch with an associate of his who happened to be Christian. As we left my father's office and his associate offered to drive.

He opened the door to the back seat of his car for me. The car was a mess, with papers strewn all over the seats, and at the place where passenger's put their feet, there was a copy of the Bible. I was thinking, there's no way I'm putting my feet on that book.

Then to my surprise, the man said, "Go ahead and put your feet on the Bible. It's okay." He then quoted some verse or something to justify it. My father gave me a look like, "Don't you dare!" and had the man move the Bible to a more respectable place.

I was stunned. We Muslims respect the Bible more than some Christians do! After all, there may very well be some revelation preserved in the Bible, despite all the alterations made to it by mankind over the years.

As Allah says, the muttaqeen {...believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you...} [2:4]

As narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood, the Prophet was once invited by the Jews so he visited their school. "...They placed a cushion for the Apostle of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) who sat on it and said: Bring the Torah. It was then brought. He then withdrew the cushion from beneath him and placed the Torah on it..." [Sunan Abi Dawood, Book 38, Number 4434, declared hasan by Sh. Al-Albani]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 03:47 PM
:bump:

SixTen
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Then to my surprise, the man said, "Go ahead and put your feet on the Bible. It's okay." He then quoted some verse or something to justify it. My father gave me a look like, "Don't you dare!" and had the man move the Bible to a more respectable place.

I was stunned. We Muslims respect the Bible more than some Christians do! After all, there may very well be some revelation preserved in the Bible, despite all the alterations made to it by mankind over the years.
Really? :skeleton:

FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Really? :skeleton:
Yep really. On that time, my heart was hurt!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SixTen
08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, seems very strange to be honest. I can say muslims would respect the bible more than christians will the Qur'an (as to them, it is total fiction), but maybe we are going 1 step too far to say christians generally respect the bible less than muslims - considering muslims do see it as corrupt.

The guy, in that car, was a nutcase.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.