/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need christians to explain these verses.

Mikayeel
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
:sl:

Does god relax?(bible)

.. for in six days the lord made the heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed (exodus 31:17) (KJV)

.. on the seventh day he (God) rested from all his work. (Genesis 2:2)

I personally can't imagine a god that needs to rest, 'resting' is something contributed to human beings.

Quran

And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us. (38) So bear with patience (O Muhammad SAW) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr, Zuhr, and 'Asr prayers)[]. (39) And during a part of the night (also), glorify His praises (i.e. Maghrib and 'Isha prayers), and (so likewise) after the prayers [As-Sunnah, Nawâfil — optional and additional prayers, And also glorify, praise and magnify Allâh - Subhân Allâh, Alhamdu lillâh, Allâhu-Akbar]. (40) And listen on the Day when the caller will call from a near place, (41) The Day when they will hear As-Saihah (shout) in truth, that will be the Day of coming out (from the graves i.e. the Day of Resurrection). (42) Verily, We it is Who give life and cause death; and to Us is the final return, (43) On the Day when the earth shall be cleft, from off them, (they will come out) hastening forth. That will be a gathering, quite easy for Us. (44) We know of best what they say; and you (O Muhammad SAW) are not the one to force them (to Belief). But warn by the Qur'ân, him who fears My Threat. (45) - QAF

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Can god be seen?(bible)

So jacob called the place Peniel, saying, ''It is because I saw god face to face, and yet my life was spared.'' (genesis 32:30)

Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abidu, and the seventy elders of israel went up as saw the God of Israel ... (Exodus 24:9, 10)

However.....

But, he (God) said, ''You cannot see my face, for no-one may see me and live.'' (Exodus 32:20)

No-one has ever seen God ... (1 John 4:12)

Quran

No vision can grasp Him, but he grasps all vision. (Quran, 6:103)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does god sleep? (bible)

Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, as a man wakes from the stupor of wine. (Psalm 78:65)

Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! ... (Psalm 44:23)

Oke, the time when gods supposely sleeps, who is looking after the world?

Quran

Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî[] extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursî.]— (255) Baqarah

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is got unjust? (bible)

.... Awake, my god decree justice. (Psalm 7:6)

Let god weigh me in honest scales and he will know that I am blameless. (Job 31:6)

then know that God has wronged me and drawn his net around me. Though I cry, 'Ive been wronged!' I get no respone; though I call for help, there is no justice. (Job 19:6,7)

Quran

Truly! Allâh wrongs not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves. (44) Yunus

Surely! Allâh wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a small ant)[], but if there is any good (done), He doubles it, and gives from Him a great reward (40) An Nisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I shall stop here, I will continue later InshAllah. I ran out of time

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
*bump*

teen-omar
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
hahaha lol
hamada, u luv 2 debate dats 1 thing i noticed
lol we'll jus wait for an answer and then insha'allah it's gonna be an interesting debate :p
wassalam

Güven
05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Interesting :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
:w: :)

1 Corinthians 11
1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

This verse has also confused me...

This here clearly states that the women ought to cover her head, (during prayers) etc...

Now this is not practised no more, i believe here in the UK it was stopped in the 1960(it was seen outdated)
Now this was written by paul... who was so called inspired by the holy spirit. However what the holy spirit did not consider is that this verse was going to get 'outdated'.

I understand that there are blacksheeps in every community, but almost all of the christian population(whom i know here in the UK) does not practise this nomore.

So what i predicted is, that somewhere along it might get changed... To something like 'women ought to wear modest clothes covering maybe until their knees' so it will suit today's society.

The problem is, climate change might kick in(global warming) and 200 years later, women walk around in bikini... So they look upon this verse as 'outdated' agian! So what happens is they might change it agian..... God knows what women will be wearing 500 years later!

To me this shows that paul was not inspired by a holy spirit!, If we look at the time when paul lived we see that women were looked down upon....

Keltoi
05-06-2008, 10:43 PM
As for God resting, it is perhaps a bit of poetic allegory. Unlike the Qu'ran, the Bible does not claim to be dictated word for word by God. In any event, in the actual Jewish translation the word "rested" is more accurately "abstained"...or stopped His work and sanctified the seventh day.

As for "seeing" God, what is being expressed in those passages in which God is "seen" is actually in the guise of a messenger, or Angel, and not the full spiritual form of God that no human being can even fathom, much less "see". What they "see" is the incarnation of God's Word that is before them...usually an Angel except in the case of the Burning Bush.

The passage you cited referring to God sleeping isn't meant literally. It is asking God to come to the aid of Israel..which He wasn't doing, so they cry "Awake Lord!", not because God was literally sleeping, but because He wasn't coming to their aid as He had in the past.

ddz
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Hello Brother Hamada, it has come to my attention that no one has commented or replied to your posts, Im new around here so I apologise if your post has not been looked at by any of the other christian brothers/sisters on the forum, as I am new I dont know how much there are lol I will be happy to answer your queries soon bro, time is unfortanatley not on my side today (or should I say this night rather lol) I will try my best to reply when I can, i've got uni tomorrow so gotta catch up on sleep, hopefully in the following days I'll try my best to reply, I've got a few answers to some of the bible references :)

ddz
05-06-2008, 10:58 PM
ahh I see keltoi replied :) my typing must have been slow lol my reply will be up in a few days time, im doing a final major project at uni and its ttaking over my Time >_<;;

kirk
05-07-2008, 03:08 AM
One of the reasons that no religion is the correct is questions like this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada

Does god relax?

Hours of discussion on such topics do nothing to better the life of mankind!

Nor to help us understand anything whatsoever!

-

AntiKarateKid
05-07-2008, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kirk
One of the reasons that no religion is the correct is questions like this:

-

DOn't be so narrow minded. These questions are small bits and snippets of larger questions. Believe it or not the question of " which is the true religion" does not get answered all at once, it is these things that expose flaws and errors that eventually discredit a whole religion when they add up and the truth becomes distinct from falsehood.

In response to your comment, would say being an atheist gets you nowhere faster. My opinion and as usual, peace.

barney
05-07-2008, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=Hamada;937702][B]:w: :)

. So they look upon this verse as 'outdated' agian! So what happens is they might change it agian..... God knows what women will be wearing 500 years later!

QUOTE]

Truely he is the all knowing and all perceiving. How can there be doubters when he shows his power by looking into the future like this?

:?

Muezzin
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kirk

-
So why are you contributing to discussions of such topics?

Me, I find it amusing. Same stuff, different day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.