/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bad disgusting thoughts

SASB
04-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok so I read something a long while ago something quite sick (which I now wish I hadn't) and now like a year later i am getting bad thought's (to do with the subject i read). Now I don't like these thought's infact i hate them from the bottom of ny heart and want them to go away. It's not a thought about wanting to do something bad it's a thought where i am shown doing something bad (if that makes sense). Anyway I researhed and found this:

Allah does not punish people for fantasizing about things they never committed. On the contrary, He actually rewards them for fighting the temptation, then multiplies their rewards for choosing to do well. The Prophet said,

Allah ordered the appointed angels over you that the good and bad deeds be written. He then showed them how to write them: If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, Allah will write for him a full good deed in his account with Him. And if he intends to do a good deed and actually does not do it, Allah will write for him its reward equal from 10 to 700 times to many more times. And if somebody intended to do a bad deed and he does not do it, Allah will write a full good deed in his account. And if he intends to do a bad deed and actually does it, Allah will write one bad deed in his account. (Al-Bukhari)

Moreover, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, elaborates on man's accountability for his thoughts:

"Our thoughts can be divided into different categories:

1) the constant self-talk or idle thoughts that assail our minds and over which we have no control

2) Thoughts that we dwell on and nurture

3) Intentions that we formulate based on those thoughts.

We are not accountable for the first stage, namely the self-talk, since we have no control over it, unless we dwell on the thoughts and nurture them in our minds. We are accountable if we dwell on them. We are also accountable for the deliberate intentions that we formulate based on these thoughts."

Now what i wanted help with is if you are trying you hardest to get rid of the thought and reading kulma and all of that stuff, bu the thought still keeps coming and going (the exact same one for like say 2 days) and making you feel really bad, does this count as dwelling on and nurturing the thoughts, hence meaning i will be held accountable for it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.