/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wut do u feel when ur dead?

truemuslim
04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
:sl:

Ok this topic has been confusing me.
You know how they say that when you're dead you can feel, hear, and see (if your eyes are open) everything? The only thing you can't do is talk and move and all.
So does this mean if you get shot on your head and heart and all and die you will keep feeling the pain the whole time???
Or when you get blown up you can feel the pain the whole time??
What about those people who take out all the organs after someone dies??? so the person feels all that??
Can you really feel it?
I kno you wouldnt kno coz u would have to be dead but like hadiths or anything?

Jazakallah khair
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Greetings,

Confusing? Certainly.

I'm not sure anyone can answer this! :)

Peace

truemuslim
04-25-2008, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Confusing? Certainly.

I'm not sure anyone can answer this! :)

Peace
Salam
Yeh I know, But maybe some hadiths or something.

Or I can kill you and hope you come back to life then you can tell me all about it...lol im kiddin of course :)
Wassalam

Snowflake
04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
No sis, once you're dead, you can't see, hear, feel anything in the physical sense. It is only the soul that will be able to do that. More later.. I'm too sleepy... g'nite.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
04-26-2008, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
No sis, once you're dead, you can't see, hear, feel anything in the physical sense. It is only the soul that will be able to do that. More later.. I'm too sleepy... g'nite.

How do you know that? *suspicious look*
lol
Yeah thats what some say but some islamic people at schools and stuff say you can so i just wanna get a real...educated, answer here where people are smart.
ok good night sis.

READ AYAT AL KURSI SO AN ANGEL CAN SIT NEXT TO YOU PROTECTING YOU!!

islamirama
04-26-2008, 02:35 AM
According to Islamic doctrine, between the moment of death and the burial ceremony, the spirit of a deceased Muslim takes a quick journey to Heaven and Hell, where it beholds visions of the bliss and torture awaiting humanity at the end of days.

By the time corpse handlers are ready to wash the body, the spirit returns to earth to observe the preparations for burial and to accompany the procession toward the cemetery. But then, before earth is piled upon the freshly dug grave, an unusual reunion takes place: The spirit returns to dwell within the body.

In the grave, the deceased Muslim - this composite of spirit and corpse - encounters two terrifying angels, Munkar and Nakir, recognized by their bluish faces, their huge teeth and their wild hair.

These angels carry out a trial to probe the soundness of a Muslim's faith. If the dead Muslim answers their questions convincingly and if he has no sin on record, then the grave is transformed into a luxurious space that makes bearable the long wait until the final judgment.

But if a Muslim's faith is imperfect or if he has sinned during life by, for example, failing repeatedly to undertake purity rituals before prayer, then the grave is transformed into an oppressive, constricting space.

The earth begins to weigh down heavily upon the sentient corpse, until the rib cage collapses; worms begin to nibble away at the flesh, causing horrible pain.
This torture does not continue indefinitely. It occurs intermittently and ends at the very latest with the resurrection - when God may well forgive Muslims who have endured the punishment.

See also:

How death comes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwwR...ligion%20agama

Seri
04-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Quite scary...um yeah kinda wierd but my aunty just called to let me know to tell my dad that someone has passed away, my dad is at Mosque so i had to call him...happened right after i read this thread

truemuslim
04-26-2008, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
According to Islamic doctrine, between the moment of death and the burial ceremony, the spirit of a deceased Muslim takes a quick journey to Heaven and Hell, where it beholds visions of the bliss and torture awaiting humanity at the end of days.

By the time corpse handlers are ready to wash the body, the spirit returns to earth to observe the preparations for burial and to accompany the procession toward the cemetery. But then, before earth is piled upon the freshly dug grave, an unusual reunion takes place: The spirit returns to dwell within the body.

In the grave, the deceased Muslim - this composite of spirit and corpse - encounters two terrifying angels, Munkar and Nakir, recognized by their bluish faces, their huge teeth and their wild hair.

These angels carry out a trial to probe the soundness of a Muslim's faith. If the dead Muslim answers their questions convincingly and if he has no sin on record, then the grave is transformed into a luxurious space that makes bearable the long wait until the final judgment.

But if a Muslim's faith is imperfect or if he has sinned during life by, for example, failing repeatedly to undertake purity rituals before prayer, then the grave is transformed into an oppressive, constricting space.

The earth begins to weigh down heavily upon the sentient corpse, until the rib cage collapses; worms begin to nibble away at the flesh, causing horrible pain.
This torture does not continue indefinitely. It occurs intermittently and ends at the very latest with the resurrection - when God may well forgive Muslims who have endured the punishment.

See also:

How death comes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwwR...ligion%20agama
Oh yeh i read something like that, it said in the grave those angels come and ask u that. and if ur a believer the grave spreads as far as the eye can see and a window of paradise opens, but if ur a non believer or sin the grave closes up and breaks ur ribs (uuugh) and a snake comes and bites u and every bite hits u 70 ft or yards (somthin liek that) into the ground.
i kno the punishments of the grave tho. ...ew even the ones where they say the angels squish ur head wit a rock or somthing. like theres these sites saying the punishments of not praying, or not fasting, or lying, or backbiting, or som stuff liek that and its just disguusting. like seriously. ew

but do this mean u dont feel anythin when u die? like after u die? after the bullet kills u? or after u drown ina well? or after u get blown up by a tank? or anything?

Jazakallah khair for ur answer bro

truemuslim
04-26-2008, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seri
Quite scary...um yeah kinda wierd but my aunty just called to let me know to tell my dad that someone has passed away, my dad is at Mosque so i had to call him...happened right after i read this thread
aww may allah have mercy on whoever just died and all the muslims dead or alive...mostly dead tho.

p.s. IM NOTA CURSE!:phew
juss sayin :statisfie

Seri
04-26-2008, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim

p.s. IM NOTA CURSE!:phew
juss sayin :statisfie
u sure :giggling:

truemuslim
04-26-2008, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seri
u sure :giggling:

Lool i hope so! hehe

------
04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
:salamext:

but do this mean u dont feel anythin when u die? like after u die? after the bullet kills u? or after u drown ina well? or after u get blown up by a tank? or anything?
You will definitely feel the punishment. How? Allaahu Aalim

islamirama
04-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Jazakallah khair for ur answer bro
I recall reading a hadith that you should respect the dead body and not abuse it because they feel that. As for your question, i don't know if they still feel the affect of how they died. I would probably go on the side of saying no unless shown otherwise.

barney
04-26-2008, 07:47 PM
After you die, your nerves and brain cease to function. You cannot feel pain or see or anything. Your simply no longer there.

If the soul has working eyes then it may be able to see things happening on earth or in heaven if that has light to see by or indeed physical things to see.
If the soul has a physical presence then it must be able to feel, the coolness of the flowing waters, the burnyness of the 70 X fire and pitch shirts.

Which as I have mentioned before, would lead you to wonder if you can stub your toe in heaven? Or if you can break your arm? Or die again!

glo
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
This concept of people feeling pain in the grave, even for years to come whilst decomposing, surely flies in the face of scientific and medical evidence ... :?
Islam seems to place great importance on scientific evidence for information given in the Qu'ran - how does it reconcile these discrepancies?

What do our members here with medical qualifications make of this? It would be interesting to hear their views from a medical perspective.

Peace

- Qatada -
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM

The answer in regard to the soul feeling pain or pleasure after death is quite simple.

When we have dreams, we feel pain or pleasure within them, although we don't be doing the exact acts in reality. We may taste something or feel something within a dream, however - we never really tasted it in the physical aspect of the body. Rather it is a concept which is quite unexplainable, and even if it is explainable - then it shows that this kind of thing can occur and is a reality.

The same can be applied to issues of the soul. I.e. what people go through in the grave will occur to their souls, however - what occurs after that - i.e. in the hereafter of the Day of Recompense, the Paradise and the Fire will be physical.

Umar001
04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
There is a fatwa about snakes in the graves, I cant remember what it said, search islamqanda and insha'Allah it will be there.

glo
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

The answer in regard to the soul feeling pain or pleasure after death is quite simple.

When we have dreams, we feel pain or pleasure within them, although we don't be doing the exact acts in reality. We may taste something or feel something within a dream, however - we never really tasted it in the physical aspect of the body. Rather it is a concept which is quite unexplainable, and even if it is explainable - then it shows that this kind of thing can occur and is a reality.

The same can be applied to issues of the soul. I.e. what people go through in the grave will occur to their souls, however - what occurs after that - i.e. in the hereafter of the Day of Recompense, the Paradise and the Fire will be physical.
I remember seeing pictures here in LI of exhumed bodies, who showed facial expressions akin to pain and/or fear. Those were presented as proof of the pain and suffering experienced in the grave - which sounds much more like a real physical experience, rather than an experience of the soul as you describe.
At least it would appear to be a 'soul experience' with physical effects - on a body that is long dead and beyond the working of muscles or nerves.

Peace

- Qatada -
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
In many cases when people posted them pictures, there were brothers like Ansar Al-'Adl who posted fataawa on the issue and explained how many of these claims aren't true, and that the trials of the grave are to the soul, and there are many clear verses from the Qur'an to prove that the punishment of the hereafter is physical (which would include the soul.)

Like barney explained, the faces of the people in the fire will be burnt and replaced with new skins etc. and we ask Allah to save us from doing evil and to accept our good.

Here's what brother Ansar posted;
http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...-distinct.html

Peace.

glo
04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the clarification, Qatada. :)

Peace

- Qatada -
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Its ok, here's also another link which explains the concept of the soul in Islam;

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/1058-ruh-soul.html

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Everyone has a particular age, when his predestined time is over (Hadrat) Izraeel visits him and takes soul out of his body. This is death.

At the time of death one sees plenty of angels at his right and left sides to the extent of his sight-range. The believer observes the angels of mercy whereas the angels of torment look-on to a disbeliever.. They take the soul of believer with respect and of disbeliever with disdain and hatred.

There are different places where the souls are kept. The souls of virtuous believers have their different places than those of disbelievers and sinful believers. Some souls of Muslims live at their graves, some at sacred well of "Zam Zam"(blessed water), of some in between the earth and the heavens and of some in the 1st sky, second and also upto the seventh heaven and even higher than that.

The impure and wretched souls of unbelievers live in their graves, cremation ground, from 1st layer of the earth to the lowest one and even deeper than the bottom of the earth, after death the soul has a link with the body. If the body is comforted or tormented the soul feels it. Death means separation of the soul from the body. It does not mean that the soul is annihilated. Who believes in perish of soul is a disbeliever and misguided. Grave squeezes believer with affection like a mother who hugs her loving child and squeezes an unbeliever so much so that his ribs and bones get intertwined.

barney
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I remember seeing pictures here in LI of exhumed bodies, who showed facial expressions akin to pain and/or fear. Those were presented as proof of the pain and suffering experienced in the grave - which sounds much more like a real physical experience, rather than an experience of the soul as you describe.
At least it would appear to be a 'soul experience' with physical effects - on a body that is long dead and beyond the working of muscles or nerves.

Peace
The Frozen in death look can occour when death is sudden. When death is sudden its usually frightning. Hence the peaceful looking dead people are the ones who died peacefully.

You could be the most generous pious, gentle loving human in the world. If you die from a car crash or during a battle, your face will probably look a bit in pain.
It's not neccesserily that their earthly face is all screwed up from being tortured with pointy fiery sticks in a extra dimensional plane.

Thats not scientific, but ive seen enough dead people to see it.

جوري
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi Ambro

Can I invite you to give a medical perspective in this thread on what happens after death?
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post933431

I would be interested to hear your views.

Hope all is well with you! :)
Thank you for your interest!

it seems that the hereafter section has been reduced in size? I have had this discussion with Bro. Ansar Al' Adl before, and he did a fantastic job answering it (more evidence based and scholarly) basically punishment is of the soul not the body, until the day of resurrection.. perhaps if you rummage through his old posts you might find it... didn't want to reply to you until I'd found the thread, but I need to resign to the fact that after forum crashes it is floating in cyber space some where?

Be that as it may.. the one who created you in the form of a morula, a gastrula a zygote which bares no resemblence to what you are today, can and will find ways to punish those who deserve it..

I suggest you listen to this sura, it might have some of the answers you are looking for

Media Tags are no longer supported

glo
04-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Hye Skye :)

Thank you for joining.

I was hoping for a medical explanation from you, as to what happens to the physical body after death, and whether this could or could not relate to the punishment of the soul (as discussed in previous posts in this thread)

Thank you.

pauper
04-27-2008, 06:43 AM

Allahu a3lam , certainly no living being can Answer this from the top of his head without using the Quran and Sunnah .

Certainly it Might be like b4 you were born , Nothingness .

But dont forget there is punishment of the grave and the Questions in the Grave , how ?

Is left as Allah knows best .

syilla
04-27-2008, 07:33 AM

I would love if anyone can create a thread on journey after the death...and explain it in very detail as it can be...

not that i'm suggesting to make an e-book or something... :hiding:

wassallam.

nonmuslim
04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Nobody Knows...

جوري
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Hye Skye :)

Thank you for joining.

I was hoping for a medical explanation from you, as to what happens to the physical body after death, and whether this could or could not relate to the punishment of the soul (as discussed in previous posts in this thread)

Thank you.
oh.. I thought what happens to the physical body is obvious?
When you are under anesthesia do you feel anything while being operated on?
I don't think you need a medical opinion for that..
carry that over to the physical body after death.. there are people who cremate themselves all together and are still punished..

Allah knows best how punishment is like beyond our physical world.. further, I have enclosed the sura, if you follow it through to verse 60 or so, you'll realize that we can be created in any form Allah swt wishes..

When you go to sleep at night, are you not sometimes in a state of nightmare that is so horrfying and seems very real to you? Can you not find yourself in tudor society England punished by the Qeen? or in La forêt de Fontaine- bleu enjoying the scene?

Your physical body can go on being grafted to live on in another after your death, even skin can be used for grafting.. a host of things can happen to the physical body.. what happens to the soul however is a matter of Allah swt..
but make no mistake.. there will be punishment!

peace

- Qatada -
04-27-2008, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
The Frozen in death look can occour when death is sudden. When death is sudden its usually frightning. Hence the peaceful looking dead people are the ones who died peacefully.

You could be the most generous pious, gentle loving human in the world. If you die from a car crash or during a battle, your face will probably look a bit in pain.

Not necessarily, there are many situations in which mujahideen have been killed and they be dying with smiles on their faces. Infact, these can even be found on the net - but i'll let you do the research on that.

However, the expression on a face at the time of death isn't sufficient to explain whether the person is successful or not, but it is based on their beliefs and actions. And that is for the Lord of the Worlds to Judge.

Peace.

Pk_#2
04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nonmuslim
Nobody Knows...

www.thefaithdebate.com
Uh uh...Wrong section buddy,

Imagine you wake up in your grave, I mean Most Muslims get burried immediately after they have been pronounced dead, you people think NDE 's are true?

Argh! Creepy.

جوري
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Uh uh...Wrong section buddy,

Imagine you wake up in your grave, I mean Most Muslims get burried immediately after they have been pronounced dead, you people think NDE 's are true?

Argh! Creepy.
NDE's are the equivalent of being centrifuged at a very high speed.. dizzy with fluid drained from the head.. When that happens people hallucinate, see white lights, tunnels, have delusions that seem very real to them, ask the most brilliant neurosurgeon and they will tell you we know very little about how the brain works.. you can't in fact 'remedy' most of the disasters that occur in the brain, be it 'locked in syndrome' or syringomyelia or Wallenberg's Syndrome etc etc.. that is why they call most of these conditions 'syndrome'... People tend to be arrogant and never want to admit that they simply don't know (that isn't the case for most scientests, at least the ones I have come across) only lay folks who have a 'New scientest' subscription.. heck they have already figured out how we all evolved from monkeys, but they can't find a cure for the common cold.. be that as it may

I know people in general want a sliver of a chance to know what happens after death.. but finding out always comes with a very high price.. one must remain silent :X

People get one chance at life.. no one gets to take a peak at the exam before they've gone through it.. no one gets good results unless they've earned it.. No one gets to protest the questions are unfair, you must reason through it..
there are no short cuts, as far as I know, not in every day living and not when it comes to the life to come.. We must resign ourselves to the second verse of suret Al Baqara.. that is what it means to be a believer..

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
الم {1}
[Pickthal 2:1] Alif. Lam. Mim.

ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ {2}
[Pickthal 2:2] This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).

الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ {3}
[Pickthal 2:3] Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them;

truemuslim
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Im not talkin bout the PUNISHMENT in the grave. i kno u gotta feel that no matter wut. but im talkin bout like say someone got shot ina head and dies and falls ina biiig deeep well and hits his head on the well and gets severely injured...did he feel al that even when the bullet has killed him first?

And jazakallah khair for ur answers

wow 3 pages??? lol

barney
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
In a nutshell the answer is Nope. he's dead and so cant feel the pain.

Heh...3 pages to get to that!:D

truemuslim
04-27-2008, 04:19 PM
^ yehh...its wen im not online to explain it better lol

anyway
thanks for the answers then
jazakallah khair

*sigh*
i should google it next time...
lol

islamirama
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
I just created a thread "The First Night In The Grave" so waiting for mod to approve it inshallalh...

Ahmed.
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM

Ok this topic has been confusing me.
You know how they say that when you're dead you can feel, hear, and see (if your eyes are open) everything? The only thing you can't do is talk and move and all.
So does this mean if you get shot on your head and heart and all and die you will keep feeling the pain the whole time???
Or when you get blown up you can feel the pain the whole time??
What about those people who take out all the organs after someone dies??? so the person feels all that??
Can you really feel it?
I kno you wouldnt kno coz u would have to be dead but like hadiths or anything?

Jazakallah khair
Salam sis,

I think I heard in a hadith once [or was it in a Scholarly explanation?] that when a person dies and if someone physically assaults the dead body [like kicks it, etc] then the deceased feels the same as it would have done when it was alive.

Some say that organ donation will not be allowed based on this view...

Here is a relevant excerpt from http://***********/aqida/cape_town_*...ykh_faiik.htm:

Do Not Harm Those in the Grave

In another Sahih Hadith narrated by Ibn Hanbal, Hakim and Tabarani, Nabi Muhammad (s) saw a person sitting on a qabr and told him: "Do not harm the person in the qabr and he will not harm you."(la tu'zi sahib al-Qabri wala yu'zeek).

The `Ulama of Hadith explained that this shows that the dead are affected by what people do at their Qubur. This Hadith also shows that the dead feel what happens on the top of their graves. Otherwise, why not sit on a Qabr, if the dead does not feel anything?

Therefore one should not harm or destroy Qubur. On the other hand showing respect at a qabr and conveying your love to the inhabitant will also be felt by him and result in like action being returned to you That is why Muslims show outward respect to the Graves of those who they are ordered by Allah (swt) to love, i.e. The Prophets and The Saliheen (saints of Allah).

Hope that helps

Salaam :)

truemuslim
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhai
Salam sis,

I think I heard in a hadith once [or was it in a Scholarly explanation?] that when a person dies and if someone physically assaults the dead body [like kicks it, etc] then the deceased feels the same as it would have done when it was alive.

Some say that organ donation will not be allowed based on this view...

Here is a relevant excerpt from http://***********/aqida/cape_town_*...ykh_faiik.htm:

Do Not Harm Those in the Grave

In another Sahih Hadith narrated by Ibn Hanbal, Hakim and Tabarani, Nabi Muhammad (s) saw a person sitting on a qabr and told him: "Do not harm the person in the qabr and he will not harm you."(la tu'zi sahib al-Qabri wala yu'zeek).

The `Ulama of Hadith explained that this shows that the dead are affected by what people do at their Qubur. This Hadith also shows that the dead feel what happens on the top of their graves. Otherwise, why not sit on a Qabr, if the dead does not feel anything?

Therefore one should not harm or destroy Qubur. On the other hand showing respect at a qabr and conveying your love to the inhabitant will also be felt by him and result in like action being returned to you That is why Muslims show outward respect to the Graves of those who they are ordered by Allah (swt) to love, i.e. The Prophets and The Saliheen (saints of Allah).

Hope that helps

Salaam :)
Why are all website links turning censored?????sorry it didnt work (the link)

Wooow
Jazakallah khair for your response!

Omg this is like so messed up then
So all the people in india or whatever that people burn actually feel the fire???*shivers*
And those people that get there organs taken out carelessly are feeling that?
and all the terrorists (NOT MUSLIMS!) feel the bomb when it breaks there bodies in pieces???
woow.
Jazakallah khair brother
WaSalaam

p.s. i hope non of us die ina paainful way lika bullet ina head or non muslims blowin us up! (@ war)

Ahmed.
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
sowwy, link not working; you can google the words: 'Complete refutation of Shaykh Faaik' and the site [by the same name] should come up, :)

Salaam

Ahmed.
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Why are all website links turning censored?????sorry it didnt work (the link)

Wooow
Jazakallah khair for your response!

Your wellcome sis :)

Omg this is like so messed up then
So all the people in india or whatever that people burn actually feel the fire???*shivers*
And those people that get there organs taken out carelessly are feeling that?
and all the terrorists (NOT MUSLIMS!) feel the bomb when it breaks there bodies in pieces???
woow.
Jazakallah khair brother
WaSalaam

p.s. i hope non of us die ina paainful way lika bullet ina head or non muslims blowin us up! (@ war)
Dying in a painfull way is not so bad for Muslims actually, because the more the pain, the more sins the Muslim gets forgiven?

It is said that the reason why a Muslim that dies by burning in fire, drowning or having a house fall on him, becomes a shaheed [martyr] is because the pain he feels gets all his sins forgiven.

There is a hadith that says that a Muslim gets some of his sins forgiven even if he suffers a pin prick [or something like that].

We should be ready to patiently bear it though :scared:

barney
04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
When hell was created, it certainly was designed to put the fear of God into people.
I am so thankful I dont live my life worrying about it.

truemuslim
04-27-2008, 06:00 PM
sowwy, link not working; you can google the words: 'Complete refutation of Shaykh Faaik' and the site [by the same name] should come up, :)

Salaam
ok jazakallah khair

Dying in a painfull way is not so bad for Muslims actually, because the more the pain, the more sins the Muslim gets forgiven?

It is said that the reason why a Muslim that dies by burning in fire, drowning or having a house fall on him, becomes a shaheed [martyr] is because the pain he feels gets all his sins forgiven.

There is a hadith that says that a Muslim gets some of his sins forgiven even if he suffers a pin prick [or something like that].

We should be ready to patiently bear it though :scared:
again jazaakallah khair brother thats so useful! and better to know!

When hell was created, it certainly was designed to put the fear of God into people.

*sigh*

islamirama
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Heaven was created as a reward for those who follow God's commandments and obey their Creator.

Hell was created as a punishment for delinquent and disobedient servants of the Creator.

It's just like any system in the world only at a more grand and divine level, crime and punishment vs reward and success

جوري
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe Brs. Qatada can find the old post with these questions replied to by bro. Ansar?...

I don't think any of us are scholars on the subject...
I posed this exact same Q to him.. and he had written quite an extensive piece on the matter..

islamirama
04-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Life in the Grave:

http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...ght-grave.html

truemuslim
04-27-2008, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

Jazakallah khair brother sooo much very nice thread thanks for the info bro! :0
WaSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.