/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MotivationLess..

.: Jannati :.
04-27-2008, 11:18 AM
:sl:

i got exams nd stuff comin up nd i got soo many assignments to do but thing is yh i just can't be bothered :-[ seriously, all i do is open up my work and stare at it when i have time to do it. its crazy coz i wanna go uni nd get good grades but i hardly do nefin to get the grades i want.

there's just soo much to get done . just look at me now complaining. i hate the way things are nd am not really doin nethin to stop myself from feelin this way. i just feel like i've got nothing to look forward to when i have, arghh soo annoyin. i know its about self dicipline nd what not i feel soo good when i do the work i need to but why do i always feel like i have to mek myself do it. everythin just seems worthless. i want to be happy about doin it all. not all strssed n pressurized and all that. do i even mek ne sense?!

i seriously dont have the time to waste nd its kinda pathetic i even feel this way nd am makin this thread

:?:X:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Greetings and peace be with you LuvAlSunnah;

Exams are difficult and not everyone will pass; when you take on a challenge that is well beyond what you have done before, you automatically earn the right to fail.

BUT

In order to earn that right to fail, you have to be able to look back after the exams and be truthful with yourself. You need a clear conscience to know that you gave it your best effort.

You have to do something, start with prayer. Work out a priority, the most important or the most pressing thing to do and start.

Inform your friends you have less time, restrict your time on the internet and enjoying yourself.

If you fail and look back saying I spent too much time with friends and not working; you will hate yourself for a long time.

In the spirit of praying for help

Eric

S_87
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
if you plan on revising when you can by opening a book youre not going to get anything done.
make yourself a quick timetable of the times you will revise and what you will revise. make it realistic- theres no point in putting 5 hours per day on your timetable if you know you are not going to do it. allocate a certain number of things you need to revise in that time, like by the end of my revision session i should have learnt chapters 4-8. if it helps set revision dates with a friend/s so you both revise and you cant slack off.
you dont have to be stressed to be doing good revision. being relaxed is good too. just dont get too relaxed

04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Exams are difficult and not everyone will pass; when you take on a challenge that is well beyond what you have done before, you automatically earn the right to fail.

BUT

In order to earn that right to fail, you have to be able to look back after the exams and be truthful with yourself. You need a clear conscience to know that you gave it your best effort.

You have to do something, start with prayer. Work out a priority, the most important or the most pressing thing to do and start.

Inform your friends you have less time, restrict your time on the internet and enjoying yourself.

If you fail and look back saying I spent too much time with friends and not working; you will hate yourself for a long time.

In the spirit of praying for help

Eric
i like all that u said it just meks sense innit. i knw all this and am weary of it, i even tell others who may be feeling the way i do . that too. its just about implementing it which i just gotto do. thank you.

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
if you plan on revising when you can by opening a book youre not going to get anything done.
make yourself a quick timetable of the times you will revise and what you will revise. make it realistic- theres no point in putting 5 hours per day on your timetable if you know you are not going to do it. allocate a certain number of things you need to revise in that time, like by the end of my revision session i should have learnt chapters 4-8. if it helps set revision dates with a friend/s so you both revise and you cant slack off.
you dont have to be stressed to be doing good revision. being relaxed is good too. just dont get too relaxed

i make plans they fail coz i have soo much goin on so i hardly can stick to one for a week. my time is so unpredictable. iA. i just guess i gotto mek more of an effort. :( jazaakAllahu`khair sister.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LuvAlSunnah
:sl:

i got exams nd stuff comin up nd i got soo many assignments to do but thing is yh i just can't be bothered :-[ seriously, all i do is open up my work and stare at it when i have time to do it. its crazy coz i wanna go uni nd get good grades but i hardly do nefin to get the grades i want.

there's just soo much to get done . just look at me now complaining. i hate the way things are nd am not really doin nethin to stop myself from feelin this way. i just feel like i've got nothing to look forward to when i have, arghh soo annoyin. i know its about self dicipline nd what not i feel soo good when i do the work i need to but why do i always feel like i have to mek myself do it. everythin just seems worthless. i want to be happy about doin it all. not all strssed n pressurized and all that. do i even mek ne sense?!

i seriously dont have the time to waste nd its kinda pathetic i even feel this way nd am makin this thread

:?:X:cry:
what u said is all normal , i personally went thru this, not once again and again the same , be confident of yourself, if I did it, u can 100% do it.

04-28-2008, 12:58 AM
jazaakAllahu`khair sis. see its times like this i hate. i'm tired, soo soo tired. but gotto keep up all night completin assignments :exhausted

truemuslim
04-28-2008, 01:07 AM
OMG SIS ANOTHER ME! LOL

WHen i gotta project or something to do i HAVE to start it on the day its due and finish it the day its due, and i do (aaah too much do's and due's!!) and own when i do that. lol. anyway when i start a project on microsoft word, like an essay or somthing the only thing i can type is the title...the title of the project...not even a real name I made up. lol. but i do finish it sometime...(sometime= 2am) lol anyway i found a cure to alll this!!! well for me its something bad so i'd rather not say it in public...plus people will start saying how this thing is haramm...and i kno how and all...anyway for YOU the cure could possibly be sitting ina room all quite and alone and paying attention and getting to work (its okay sis i feel ya, it is hard!) for me its the EXACT opposite. lol like literally the opposite, like babies and kids running around fighting and crying and hitting me and music on all the way and not paying attention but getting A's (another mystery bout me that I cant even figure out) so i fink ur da opposite...dont do wut i do! Read quran before and after, it might work...just not during it coz its haram to listen to quran and not pay attention to it. someone said...lol

anyway. amazing i finally found another me! :)

04-28-2008, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
OMG SIS ANOTHER ME! LOL

WHen i gotta project or something to do i HAVE to start it on the day its due and finish it the day its due, and i do (aaah too much do's and due's!!) and own when i do that. lol. anyway when i start a project on microsoft word, like an essay or somthing the only thing i can type is the title...the title of the project...not even a real name I made up. lol. but i do finish it sometime...(sometime= 2am) lol anyway i found a cure to alll this!!! well for me its something bad so i'd rather not say it in public...plus people will start saying how this thing is haramm...and i kno how and all...anyway for YOU the cure could possibly be sitting ina room all quite and alone and paying attention and getting to work (its okay sis i feel ya, it is hard!) for me its the EXACT opposite. lol like literally the opposite, like babies and kids running around fighting and crying and hitting me and music on all the way and not paying attention but getting A's (another mystery bout me that I cant even figure out) so i fink ur da opposite...dont do wut i do! Read quran before and after, it might work...just not during it coz its haram to listen to quran and not pay attention to it. someone said...lol

anyway. amazing i finally found another me! :)
lol!! i aint proud of the way things are lol it bothers me , nd i aint an all A student as well so yh its bad for me sis, whereas it might have come out k for u mA. :cry: *logs off again*

truemuslim
04-28-2008, 01:21 AM
lol!! i aint proud of the way things are lol it bothers me , nd i aint an all A student as well so yh its bad for me sis, whereas it might have come out k for u mA. :cry: *logs off again*
LOOL DONT LOG OFF!!!! COME BACK!

fine leave. it aint making me lose notin.. ur loss. ha...HA...and HA!...im just kiddin that was just cruel...dont mind that... its just me being myself and messin around to make someone smile...so smile :) if u dont i will feel bad :(
Make there be a reward at the end... like if u finish ur math thing then u get to read ayat al kursi! i kno best reward in the dunya eh? no? ook.. um...how bout u get to finish school fast and then chill after ur done? sound good?
OR
u can THINK... i kno its so hard sis i feel ya 100%, i kno just like me u proly sit there in front of the book thinking about the fact that u gotta think the next thing u kno u have wasted one hour, then u think "wow im never gonna finish this...CMON ME pay attention...pay attention... to find the circumfrence of the circle u gota" and by the time thats done u have wasted another hour... see i told ya i feel ya 100% sista. lol im doing it right now.. im supposed to be doing my math test but i come here to think...i meant i come here to "think" lol. im on the question i just read... curcumfrince stuff..BORING and EASSY but i cant think!!

Eric H
04-28-2008, 06:42 AM
jazaakAllahu`khair sis. see its times like this i hate. i'm tired, soo soo tired. but gotto keep up all night completin assignments :exhausted
You would feel even more tired and more stressed if you had NOT worked on your assignment last night.

Sometimes in life it is easier to do all the hard work towards achieving something. The human body can be pushed to go well beyond what you feel is comfortable; you need to convince your mind that this is true.

Maybe take the time to reflect that you were created by God and given wonderful gifts to be used.

Today is another day and you must also do something today. Life is a journey always one day at a time, and we keep repeating the whole process again and again; starting with prayer.

In the spirit of praying for motivation and an inner strength;

Eric

cute123
04-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Can understand! Carry on , have some tea or coffee better juice to keep u up. And yes lots of water as when u r awake, u get acidity.

forever.muslima
04-30-2008, 11:01 AM
i have the same prob, actually my problem is that i'm lazy, and i can't afford to do it since i wanna apply to oxford for my masters but what i usually do and it really helps is read 2 rakats and make loads of duaa (drink a bit of zam zam) and after wards i usually get down to it and get it done.

hope that helps

------
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
:salamext:

Revise the best u can sis and have trust in Allaah. It works :) (been there, done that)

jzcasejz
04-30-2008, 04:25 PM
as-Salaamu'alaykum

I understand what you mean. But, now's certainly not the time you should be asking these questions. One should be asking these questions 2/3 months before the exam, but with it being roughly a month before the exams kick off, you have to be be revising by now - regardless of how motivated you are. You really are shooting yourself in the foot if you're not revising like mad by now. There's such little time left, which is why even though I feel really bored and seriously can't be asked to revise, I too have University coming up so I have to make the most of what little time I have remaining for revision. There's no other way around it, unfortunately!

Sorry I can't provide much useful info, but since I'm in the exact same situation as you, I'll just say what my teachers always tell us at college: 'It's worth it to go through a month of blood, sweat & tears since you'll have (approximately) 3 months of holiday before University starts.'

^ Well, roughly something along those lines lol. All the best!

04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
as-Salaamu'alaykum

I understand what you mean. But, now's certainly not the time you should be asking these questions. One should be asking these questions 2/3 months before the exam, but with it being roughly a month before the exams kick off, you have to be be revising by now - regardless of how motivated you are. You really are shooting yourself in the foot if you're not revising like mad by now. There's such little time left, which is why even though I feel really bored and seriously can't be asked to revise, I too have University coming up so I have to make the most of what little time I have remaining for revision. There's no other way around it, unfortunately!

Sorry I can't provide much useful info, but since I'm in the exact same situation as you, I'll just say what my teachers always tell us at college: 'It's worth it to go through a month of blood, sweat & tears since you'll have (approximately) 3 months of holiday before University starts.'

^ Well, roughly something along those lines lol. All the best!
jazaakAllahu`khairan :D tru tru :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!