/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Car Mod

papa_smurf
04-27-2008, 01:06 PM
:sl:
Has anyone modded their car from the original factory standards. What results did you gain? I just spent 3 grand on mods to my beamer. It was sweet until yesterday, and then a huge bang, "fried my engine" :X.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-27-2008, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by papa_smurf
:sl:
Has anyone modded their car from the original factory standards. What results did you gain? I just spent 3 grand on mods to my beamer. It was sweet until yesterday, and then a huge bang, "fried my engine" :X.

:w:

Welcome to the world of blown head gaskets and warped over-heated blocks.

Probable causes over clocked engine revs, improper torquing sequence or torque weight on the head bolts, improper fuel/air ratio mixing, faulty head gasket, improper gasket sealant.

chacha_jalebi
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
i think its more easier to do smaller changes, like adding rims, or tinted windows, but major major changes changin the engine or exhaust pipe can be dodgy especially if your doin it yourself,

but that sports car engine noise is just woooo woooo :D but also its really odd when you got a mashed up beamer with a nice engine!! thats just stoooopid

papa_smurf
04-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Mashed up beamer:raging:
It's an M3 on an 04 plate. I've been doing mods for ages, as i love competing with others on track days, just went a step too far. +o(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!