/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disability and Salah

AnonymousPoster
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
:sl:
I've been wondering... If I was disabled, how would I pray?.. Maybe an example would help?
If I was disabled from the waist and downwards, obviously that would affect what positions I’m capable of doing in my salah, I'd have to pray sitting down, but then when I go down to sujood, my legs wouldn't be up as in normal cases, but they automatically go flat on the floor, so my sujood position would be lying down.. Should I be making the conscious and using my hands to physically put my legs/feet in the correct position? And also when I sit, my legs would be in front of me.. Is it ok to pray like that?.. Or is there a different way? If any could help or direct to some sources, it would be much appreciated!
JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
:sl:

MAREEZ’S PRAYER – THOSE WHO ARE ILL/DISABLED

Islam is the ‘Deen’ (way of life) and the religion of ‘Fitrah’ (nature). If a person is severely ill, injured or is disabled, then Islam has permitted him/her to pray to Allah the Almighty in whatever manner possible whether standing, sitting, or lying down. The correct form of Salah has been described in Chapter 4.

If a person cannot perform a prayer by doing the Ruku, Sujood and other movements, then one can do it by standing alone. You would have to do the movements of the Salah such as the Ruku and Sujood by moving your head by ‘Ishara’ (gestures) just like the actual Ruku and Sujood actions. When you have reached the position of Tashahhud, you would keep your hands by your sides and complete the prayer as normal up to the Salaam.

Mareez’s Prayer - Further Points

Similarly, if a person cannot do any movements due to an injury to his/her head, then you would do the movements of Ruku and Sujood by Ishara with your eyes if possible, by indicating the actions of Ruku and Sujood by lowering and raising the eyes, and sitting down or standing, whichever is convenient.

Where a person cannot even perform the Salah in a standing position, then it is permitted to do it by sitting on a chair or on the floor.

If somebody cannot perform the Salah either by standing or sitting, because he/she is severely ill, paralysed or has injuries, then it is permitted to do the prayer by lying down on the floor or on a bed with the face and legs in the direction of the Qiblah.

Praise is to Allah, Who has made it easy for us to perform the Salah in these ways!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2523627/A-...ook-of-Prayer-

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.