PDA

View Full Version : Keeping good company



islamirama
04-28-2008, 03:44 AM
As'salaamu alaikum,

I just came from the other thread that mentions the take over of this forum and the acquisition of other forums by your group. I know you mentioned that you don't try to get involved with how forums work and just give directions and guidance. I just have two cents to share about two other forums of yours.

Firstly, i've been on several forums. been a mod and an admin on several forums. This one is by far the best one out there alhamdulillah. There are few new ones coming out which inshallah have great potential.

As for the your other 2 forums. the ummah forum is a disgace. it's named "ummah" forum yet the ummah of that forum is nothing but cultural people with more socialzing then islamic presence. They also have very uptight and bad managment, which has caused a few good moderators to resign in the past and lots of members to leave that place over time.

Other forum is the myislamweb forum. That forum is full of hadith rejectors. just about all of it's members are converts also, not that it is bad but these are not your islamic knowledge seeking converts. these converts are like feminist, eastern culture/muslim hating converts who interpret islam as they wish and preach it as they wish. And their admin is related to one of the member (former admin who moved up to admin again) and thus ends up taking her side over the islamic and just side.

I was pleased to see your group taking over different forums and helping them. But seeing those two forums in the same group as this one is actually an insult. How does that hadith go about keeping good company? this forum is in not good company (with those forums) and if someone hadn't been on this forum yet but had been on one of those two and found out all 3 are owned by one group, i doubt they would join this place thanks to other's reputation.

anyways, i just wanted that out. Inshallah i hope you do get involved with the other two forums and give them not just guidance in running it but also some dawaah and proper islamic direction.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
04-28-2008, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
As for the your other 2 forums. the ummah forum is a disgace. it's named "ummah" forum yet the ummah of that forum is nothing but cultural people with more socialzing then islamic presence. They also have very uptight and bad managment, which has caused a few good moderators to resign in the past and lots of members to leave that place over time.

:D
Yehhh finally

and the good thing is
u wont get an infraction for saying this! (like me...on that forum..coz they kno its true!:raging:)

Jazakallah khair
WaSalaam
Reply

crayon
04-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Oooh, myislamweb! I actually joined that forum before I came here, but I only lasted like 3 days. I hated it.. I didn't even remember its name until you just mentioned it. blarghhh.

Alhamdulilah this forum rocks, glad I found it.
Reply

------
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM
:salamext:

Even if some parts of the first post might be true, isn't it a bit like backbiting...? :X
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
islamirama
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
:salamext:

Even if some parts of the first post might be true, isn't it a bit like backbiting...? :X
:w:

I'm not mentioning any person by name, although i could mention the names of admin and mods of both forums but i left that part out. constructive criticism and backbiting are two different things as are broad statements vs pointing out individuals.
Reply

truemuslim
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Lol its not backbiting

PLus if he didn't mention this then he would let em keep on being un islamic...
Reply

Mikayeel
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
:w:
i registered on myislamweb, however i got kicked out because i didnt match the expection or something like that:raging:
Reply

snakelegs
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
:w:
i registered on myislamweb, however i got kicked out because i didnt match the expection or something like that:raging:
me too! and here i thought they musta smelled that i'm not muslim! ;D
Reply

Mikayeel
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
lool ive seen u der snakelegs, i jst registered after u in the newest member list.. Bt they cnt jst turn people away lyk dat grrr
Reply

islamirama
04-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Try searching my name in there, you'll see a number of posts and almost all not to friendly with them :)

It's hard to find a good islamic forum honestly. i was on this supposedly "islamic" aussie forum and i posted an article on how free mixing and open socializing (going on the forum) is not allowed. The mod/admin (only one person in charge) banned me for that. She first disagreed with me and then banned me.
Reply

Mikayeel
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Try searching my name in there, you'll see a number of posts and almost all not to friendly with them :)

It's hard to find a good islamic forum honestly. i was on this supposedly "islamic" aussie forum and i posted an article on how free mixing and open socializing (going on the forum) is not allowed. The mod/admin (only one person in charge) banned me for that. She first disagreed with me and then banned me.
looooool, ahahah! Sorry but I couldn't hold that, U sure it was an islamic forum lool:)

:w:
Reply

islamirama
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
looooool, ahahah! Sorry but I couldn't hold that, U sure it was an islamic forum lool:)

:w:

with a name like "aussiemuslims" yea i am sure :D
Reply

------
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
:salamext:

Lol safe bro islamirama
Reply

-S-
04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Salams

think i know what you are insinulating

myislamweb.com we Owned it for about 2 months then we sold it off so now we have nothing to do with it anymore besides its going to be shut down 2moro

Ummah well thats another thing altogether..i wont even go to that incident....its seperate from islamicboard :)
Reply

islamirama
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

think i know what you are insinulating

myislamweb.com we Owned it for about 2 months then we sold it off so now we have nothing to do with it anymore besides its going to be shut down 2moro

Ummah well thats another thing altogether..i wont even go to that incident....its seperate from islamicboard :)
W'salaams,

not insinuating bro, saying out open and clearly.

can i ask why you sold off myislamweb? And can you elaborate on it shutting down?

Ummah, yea lets not even go there cuz having that connected to this board only makes us look bad here :)
Reply

Souljette
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
:sl: sooo agree wit you bro Islamirama..evn i noticed all the unneccessary stuff on it..like dere are some good things about it but there are things that's jst unneccessary ...i like the rhymes thread on there bt alhamdullah this forum is by far the best one i've ever joined and now new good ones are coming up like fisabeelillah and others
Reply

Souljette
04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
i also like hte jihadi nasheeds thread on ummah forum
Reply

snakelegs
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
lool ive seen u der snakelegs, i jst registered after u in the newest member list.. Bt they cnt jst turn people away lyk dat grrr
i only registered so i could see what they have in multimedia. (they make you)i can't really handle more than one forum. so i don't care.
Reply

islamirama
04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
:sl: sooo agree wit you bro Islamirama..evn i noticed all the unneccessary stuff on it..like dere are some good things about it but there are things that's jst unneccessary ...i like the rhymes thread on there bt alhamdullah this forum is by far the best one i've ever joined and now new good ones are coming up like fisabeelillah and others
:w:

There maybe some good in it but i see more unislamic then good on there. And i don't see why we can't open such threads over here that you like over there. I guess you haven't had a run in with mods yet :D

-----------

snakelegs,

i remeber you on there although you didn't last very long. I could tell from your first few posts with them that you wouldn't last long. I didn't leave, i was banned because the Admin cared more about his ex-wive than justice.
Reply

جوري
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I vaguely remember joining an Islamic forum before, though I can't recall the name of it.. we had a discussion on 'medical ethics' on which a dear sister disagreed with my views and thought the best way to shut me up was to report me and basically publically insult my opinion with an onslaught of google articles to negate mine... nothing of mine got posted, save the articles she wanted to vehemently denounce...

I was really turned off from joining an Islamic forum for a long time after that..
Mostly because I like to be the only voice of dissent.. kiddinggggg :-[

I really enjoy most of the members here and all the Muslims of course.. I can't say that I have ever felt more at home on a forum than I do on LI.. I always roll back here like a bad penny... I hope I didn't just jinx it :X

:w:
Reply

Souljette
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Ye mashallah dis is the best forum in the end i frget postn in others nd cum bak to LI lolzz ...ye we dnt hv the jihadi nasheeds one nd the rhymes we do bt sumtimes i go visit dere nd jst rhyme lolz or disagreee or tell them to get ot the point lolz
Reply

snakelegs
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
:w:

There maybe some good in it but i see more unislamic then good on there. And i don't see why we can't open such threads over here that you like over there. I guess you haven't had a run in with mods yet :D

-----------

snakelegs,

i remeber you on there although you didn't last very long. I could tell from your first few posts with them that you wouldn't last long. I didn't leave, i was banned because the Admin cared more about his ex-wive than justice.
you must have me mixed up with someone else. this is the only forum i post on.
i never posted there. i registered and they sent me an e-mail that i didn't meet their requirements or some such nonesense.
Reply

islamirama
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
you must have me mixed up with someone else. this is the only forum i post on.
i never posted there. i registered and they sent me an e-mail that i didn't meet their requirements or some such nonesense.
i do recall seeing the snake with legs icon on there for a short while.
Reply

Intisar
04-29-2008, 09:23 PM
:sl: Brother islamirama, I think you should edit your first post in this thread as it can be considered ''back-biting'', inshaa Allaah don't want you gaining any dembi. :) I prefer this forum because everyone participates in it, and it's a big family--really! I feel so at home here, mashaaAllaah. And the look is great too.
Reply

snakelegs
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
i do recall seeing the snake with legs icon on there for a short while.
well it wasn't me - i just registered after i read this thread and the next day got rejectred. i don't remember even hearing about this forum before.
this forum is the best - it's my only one. i looked at ummah a long time ago, but didn't like it.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
:sl:

Wow SubhanAllah...well I'm glad I stumbled on this forum then Alhamdulillah! Cause I was in the process of learning, not knowing much. I had a lot of questions in my mind that needed answers lol. If I joined any of those, I probably would have been turned off :X At least by what you guys have mentioned so far. So Alhamdulillah :)
Reply

islamirama
04-30-2008, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Brother islamirama, I think you should edit your first post in this thread as it can be considered ''back-biting'', inshaa Allaah don't want you gaining any dembi. :) I prefer this forum because everyone participates in it, and it's a big family--really! I feel so at home here, mashaaAllaah. And the look is great too.
:w:

Jazakallahu Khair for that sis. however, I do not feel have done that, had i started naming people and pointing them out then i would have done that. And believe me, I can name the admins and mods as well as members who are on the same band wagaon :)
Reply

islamirama
04-30-2008, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
:sl:

Wow SubhanAllah...well I'm glad I stumbled on this forum then Alhamdulillah! Cause I was in the process of learning, not knowing much. I had a lot of questions in my mind that needed answers lol. If I joined any of those, I probably would have been turned off :X At least by what you guys have mentioned so far. So Alhamdulillah :)
:w:

Yea there is such a thing as "bad dawah" and such places and people actually put others off of islam rather then help them come to Islam (muslim or not)
Reply

truemuslim
04-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Backbiting (gheebah) means mentioning something about a person (in his absence), that he hates (to have mentioned), whether it is about: His body, his religious characteristics, his worldly affairs, his self, his physical appearance, his character, his wealth, his child, his father, his wife, his manner of walking, his smile, it is the same whether you mention that about him with words, through writings, or whether you point or indicate him by gesturing with your eyes, hand or head.

As for the body, is when you make fun of how someone looks, or mentioning any bad quality in him, as saying: "he is blind", "he limps", "he is bleary-eyed", "he is bald", "he is short", "he is tall", "he is black", "he is yellow", "he's too thin", "he's too fat". As for his religious qualities, it is when you say: "he is a sinner", "he is a thief", "he is a betrayer", "he is an oppressor", "he doesn't pray", "he prays so fast", "he does not behave well towards his parents", "he does not pay the Zakat duly"." As for the worldly matters, then it is when you say: "he has poor manners", "he does not think that anyone has a right over him", "he talks too much" …etc

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is The One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful" (Qur'an 49: 12)



AND

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact have backbitten him, and if that is not in him it is a slander. [Sahih Muslim Book 32, #6265]



So actually nothing on this thread was really backbiting...


google it next time...the first two sites are the best :D

WaSalaam
Reply

------
04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
:salamext:

^ LOL ;D
Reply

-S-
04-30-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
W'salaams,

not insinuating bro, saying out open and clearly.

can i ask why you sold off myislamweb? And can you elaborate on it shutting down?

Ummah, yea lets not even go there cuz having that connected to this board only makes us look bad here :)
Someone else wanted to buy it off us and run it so thats why we sold it off - plus more to do with resources..if we feel a site is slow in progressing we sell it off and focus on our resources with other places such as islamicboard

well the owner emailed me saying they want to close it down but she emailed yesteday changing her mind so no idea whats going on there
Reply

jzcasejz
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
i also like hte jihadi nasheeds thread on ummah forum
Yep, best thread on that forum!

(Edited my post since I first read wrong!)
Reply

islamirama
04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Someone else wanted to buy it off us and run it so thats why we sold it off - plus more to do with resources..if we feel a site is slow in progressing we sell it off and focus on our resources with other places such as islamicboard

well the owner emailed me saying they want to close it down but she emailed yesteday changing her mind so no idea whats going on there
I see, thanks for the update. And as for the owner, not surprised there...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 06:07 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 01:38 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE | British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!