Originally Posted by vernon
Methinks this person doth protest too much.
If you really are doing "some research" go over to the Islamic Awakening forum, and ask the brothers there, who know Myatt.
Why are you avoiding posting your message on that particular Muslim forum? Because your ploy would soon be exposed.
For anyone of any sagacity can see right through your "polite request" for info - as I pointed out in the first reply to your initial post.
Instead of answering the points made about your post being just a trick to spread malicious rumors and allegations about Myatt, you now just use the tired old Usenet-type tactic of making counter accusations, of trying to shift the focus away from your factual errors, of which there are many.
So, what about the many factual errors contained in your original short post?
Thus, I repeat the points:
1) If you really are doing some serious research, then you would have found far more than the two spurious so-called "independent" items you linked to. Items such as books by Professor Kaplan, and Professor Michael.
2) If you had done even some preliminary, elementary research you would have found that Myatt did not "announce his conversion" to the world, as you claimed.
3) What about your error that "It made quite an impact in the UK press at the time..."? It went unnoticed for almost two years.
4) What about your error that "since then I have heard nothing..." ? Like I wrote, you missed the full page story in The Times newspaper; you missed Myatt's question and answer session on Sheikh Qaradawi's website. You missed an awful lot more.
5) What about your erroneous claim that the two sources you could find (obviously your Google or Yahoo searches are very different from mine) are "independent"? They are not independent in any shape or form. Onemakes the claim - without providing any evidence - that Myatt was/is an MI5 agent), and one is a political
organization which even many on the Left in Britain find somewhat dubious because of its (alleged) links with MI5 and its past divisive actions within the Left. The people at Searchlight are just part of The Fourth estate: they do not deal in facts, but in innuendo, smear, allegations and assumptions.
As for the allegation that Myatt is MI5, this has now been taken further, with claims that he's a 5GW operative (wow!) - but again, proof is lacking. It's just assumption.
So, the most likely conclusion is - due to all these errors and mistakes - that your post is just a ruse to spread unsubstantiated allegations about Myatt. If it was not, you would at the very least have given some other links which balanced the biased view of Searchlight - which, BTW, never
presented any evidence for their allegations, ever. Check out:
Or are you just "J" - the person whose posted very similar items on other forums about a certain Richard Moult (a friend of ibn Myatt's before Myatt conversion) because you have a personal grudge against Moult?