/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little reminder

gladTidings
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
:sl:

Hope you are all well inshAllah. I haven’t contributed to the forum for a while now... so just thought I would post a little reminder.

Many of us face trials in our daily lives without recognising the hidden blessings in these testing times. A believer is never at loss no matter what he faces. It’s important for us to realise this and will help us to overcome any situation we confront inshAllah.

A friend of mine has been through a painful period in the past few weeks, where she was wrongly diagnosed and then underwent an emergency operation. Having witnessed her throughout the whole period made me realise how difficult it actually is to comfort someone in that position and to focus on their pain as something positive… but subhanAllah reflecting back on this, there was no other hope or comfort in the world that could have replaced Allah swt’s assurance of expiation of sins.

Abu Hurairah (Radiyallaahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'When Allah Ta'ala wishes good for a person, then he becomes afflicted with sickness (or hardship).'
Sahih Bukhaari

Apart from the rewards that are not obvious to us I believe each and every test helps to build our character by teaching us patience, tolerance and forgiveness. So after every trial reflect and ask yourself... Am I better person? Were my actions according to the teachings of our beloved prophet (pbuh)? and ultimately, did I pass this test? InshAllah taking account of ourselves will help us to take care the next time we are put in a testing situation.

I ask to be corrected if I said anything incorrect or inappropriate.

Ws.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
04-29-2008, 06:59 AM
jazakallahu khair for the lovely and needed reminder :statisfie
assalaamu alaykum...

------
04-29-2008, 08:20 AM
:salamext:

MashaaAllaah an excellent reminder. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

A sister in need of your duas.

- Brok3n -

Souljette
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
JAzazkallah khayr ..yes we are all in need of ur dua's

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-29-2008, 08:47 AM
MashaAllah, so beautifully put sis Pearl. May Allah reward you. Ameen. :)

- Qatada -
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM

Wow, masha Allah.. so true..

Umu 'Isa
04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
jazaki Allaahu khayr sis for the much needed reminder!

^..sTr!vEr..^
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
that was somethg really nice jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.