/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder who is dumber, the hijabman or this girl, for wearing this (tight) t-shirt.

islamirama
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Top twenty religious t shirts

Joanna writes: Holiday souvenir or groupie must-have, the slogan t-shirt is a trend that refuses to die. But in the hands of the fervently religious it's a means to evangelise to everyone they pass. Here's a list of the 20 best we've found. P.S. There are no Buddhist t-shirts in the list but Boing Boing tells us that the Dalai Lama is due to set up a celebrity t-shirt line in October so it could all change. (LIBBY ADDS - my favourite is not on the list. It just says "Jesus is Coming. Look busy")

Hijabman is the designer and Muslim blogger behind this bold slogan. He says his website's "a form of worship, a form of thanks to God," are his t-shirts as well?

[ I wonder who is dumber, the hijabman or this girl, for wearing this (tight) t-shirt. ]

The Muslim Baby Shop offers even the youngest believers a chance to state their faith.

The amusing "A Little Leavan" blog - which rails against but thrives on tacky Christian products - showcases this "Jesusbucks" t-shirt. You could ponder your salvation whilst stirring your latte I suppose.

Lucky Jew ("shirts for the chosen people")brings us this tee for the super hero in you

Kerusso means to "herald divine truth as a public crier; to preach the gospel" - the usual criteria for a t-shirt choice then.

Cafepress offers this classic design for Sikhs

These three come from Ilm (knowledge in Arabic) a company set up to spread a little Islam and continue the tradition of using the "t-shirt as a personal billboard".

The Jesus Is My Homeboy range has attracted a celebrity following but it promises that it isn't cashing in on a trend. It is a tribute to the time when saying "Jesus is your homeboy" saved Van Zan Frater from a gang with guns.

In parody of the above Cafepress has produced this t-shirt for the Hindu market

Totally Catholic's t-shirts were once only worn by the most pious of pilgrims who longed to live pre-Reformation (see example below).

But they have turned hip for the iPod generation with this new design.

Crazytees offers these for the fashion conscious faithful

And for an emblem to end all emblems T-shirt humour can do you this in a t-shirt, cap, mug, apron, mousemat or poster.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/faith/2008/03/httpwwwilmwearc.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Religion should not be the way in which they make money :-\

snakelegs
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
world affairs???? :muddlehea

Tania
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
world affairs???? :muddlehea
Its in the right place because its about dress. :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't like at all when the people are expressing themselfs in this way.

Pygoscelis
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Some of these are hillarious. The lego pope and "Pope my ride" especially cracked me up. Thanks for posting these. You've got to have a sense of humour about these things.

To be balanced my favourite one poking fun at atheists was a t-shirt I once saw with a picture of a gravestone and on it were the words: All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Izyan
05-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Here's one for Catholics

Pergatory: Gonna be a while? Have a Snickers.

Pk_#2
05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah... you know what bro, I complained to him and he gave me this dodgy expression as a reply.

جوري
05-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Frisk me? oh my God, what an awful thing to pair with I am Muslim..
has the meaning of frisk changed to something more solemn and dignified in the past 10 years?

Izyan
05-07-2008, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Frisk me? oh my God, what an awful thing to pair with I am Muslim..
has the meaning of frisk changed to something more solemn and dignified in the past 10 years?
It's a joke. Is humor not allowed in Islam? I'm sure Allah has a sense of humor. I mean come on he gave us the Duck Billed Platipus and Sasha Cohen

جوري
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
It's a joke. Is humor not allowed in Islam? I'm sure Allah has a sense of humor. I mean come on he gave us the Duck Billed Platipus and Sasha Cohen
We don't have anthropomorphism in Islam.. whereas you are perfectly comfortable with the man/God concept, comfortable gauging your mind to estimate who God is and what he does.. we Muslims can't assume, what attributes Allah SWT has, save for those he ascribed to himself...

there is also this verse in the Quran ..

مَّا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا {13}
[Pickthal 71:13] What aileth you that ye hope not toward God for dignity

another look:
(13) "'What is amiss with you that you cannot look forward to God's majesty, 6
6 I.e., "that you refuse to believe in God" (Zamakhshari). Some authorities (e.g., Jawhari) give to the above phrase the meaning, "that you will not fear God's majesty", which, too, implies lack of belief in Him.

cheers

Izyan
05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
We don't have anthropomorphism in Islam.. whereas you are perfectly comfortable with the man/God concept, comfortable gauging your mind to estimate who God is and what he does.. we Muslims can't assume, what attributes Allah SWT has, save for those he ascribed to himself...

there is also this verse in the Quran ..

مَّا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا {13}
[Pickthal 71:13] What aileth you that ye hope not toward God for dignity

another look:
(13) "'What is amiss with you that you cannot look forward to God's majesty, 6
6 I.e., "that you refuse to believe in God" (Zamakhshari). Some authorities (e.g., Jawhari) give to the above phrase the meaning, "that you will not fear God's majesty", which, too, implies lack of belief in Him.

cheers
I bet you're fun at all the parties.

جوري
05-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't party!.. but have seen many a partying chumps during my time in shock trauma...

partying are mediocrities, a typical bourgeoisie avocations, and not particularly impressive to my person...
There is a whole other world out there!
I am sorry to say that I am NOT mortally wounded by your appraisal..

cheers

Güven
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't party!.. but have seen many a partying chumps during my time in shock trauma...

partying are mediocrities, a typical bourgeoisie avocations, and not particularly impressive to my person...
There is a whole other world out there!
I am sorry to say that I am NOT mortally wounded by your appraisal..

cheers
Wow Sis, never heard those words before :uuh:

جوري
05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
the fellow thinks I have no sense of humor because I don't think it amusing to make derogatory remarks of Allah swt or to conform to this christian idea of him, which to me personally is nothing short of a very low opinion and not befitting of his magistrate.. further, his idea of humor and apparently a jolly ole time differs profoundly from my own definitions, he wrote what he wrote to express ridicule, and I felt it weak and not very offending...

:w:

barney
05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't party!..
You dont have to party to have fun. I'm sure Sky is able to still have fun in a halal way.

جوري
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
in fact there was one posted here, that showed 'Jesus' on the hind quarters of a dog, another 'pull the string' Jesus amidst bratz dolls released last xmas at walmart, and others like to make statues of refuse or chocolate out of him.. they venerate him, sell him and insult him.. that is their God and that is their sense of humor..

what am I to say to that? other than this is simply not acceptable in Islam or to Muslims...

جوري
05-07-2008, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
You dont have to party to have fun. I'm sure Sky is able to still have fun in a halal way.

Do you think archery is fun? some people might think it ridiculous and obsolete..
Do you think diving at 4:30 am is fun, some would rather sleep in on a sunday
Do you think horse back riding is fun? some would rather get behind their wheel..
Do you think sitting by the lake on a cool autumn day is fun? some would rather sit inside their cabine by the fire..
Do you think driving fast on the autobahn is fun? some would rather rent a $7canoe in Pennsylvania
Do you think having a tea party with your three year old niece is fun? Some think having adult conversation and gossiping is better...

others feel getting drunk, picking people in bars and getting laid is loads of fun ( I personally don't)

I am not going to 'define' fun for people whether Halal or otherwise, it is a personal endeavor that I don't especially feel like defending..

cheers

barney
05-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Do you think archery is fun? some people might think it ridiculous and obsolete..
Do you think diving at 4:30 am is fun, some would rather sleep in on a sunday
Do you think horse back riding is fun? some would rather get behind their wheel..
Do you think sitting by the lake on a cool autumn day is fun? some would rather sit inside their cabine by the fire..
Do you think driving fast on the autobahn is fun? some would rather rent a $7canoe in Pennsylvania
Do you think having a tea party with your three year old niece is fun? Some think having adult conversation and gossiping is better...

others feel getting drunk, picking people in bars and getting laid is loads of fun ( I personally don't)

I am not going to 'define' fun for people whether Halal or otherwise, it is a personal endeavor that I don't especially feel like defending..

cheers
Archery is great fun, I do a lot of that. Fine English tradition.
I agree that getting hammered on booze every night isnt fun, although I consistantly keep at it in the hope it will turn out to be.

جوري
05-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Archery is great fun, I do a lot of that. Fine English tradition.
I agree that getting hammered on booze every night isnt fun, although I consistantly keep at it in the hope it will turn out to be.
Many people do until their wives are attractive again, and all conversations sound really enlightening.. I agree, there is something depressing about being sober all the time... but it is kind of like when you jog and it is crap and painful and jog some more and it is more crap and more painful.. then all of a sudden the endorphins kick in and it is the greatest opiate... being 'too' sober can sometimes lead to that too.. but I can appreciate that you want the short cut..

cheers

barney
05-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Hmm, no matter how smashed I get, my wife remains hidiously ugly. :(

truemuslim
05-08-2008, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
lol... she has this secret thesaures which is always ther and always useful...here use this... i use it for every one of her posts..lol :D

the fellow thinks I have no sense of humor because I don't think it amusing to make derogatory remarks of Allah swt or to conform to this christian idea of him, which to me personally is nothing short of a very low opinion and not befitting of his magistrate.. further, his idea of humor and apparently a jolly ole time differs profoundly from my own definitions, he wrote what he wrote to express ridicule, and I felt it weak and not very offending...

and...again...

hey sis can u like hire a translator plz? lol i luv reading ur posts...BUT i cant understand more than 5 words ina 50 word sentece :phew

lol its ok am kiddin of course!

and @ topic

i fink those shirts are all stupid and useless

i fink people shud juss wait till they miss the hoop in basketball and say "oh jesus where r u when i need u???" and all that crap they say
and we say
"Allahu akbar" (and no thats not followed by a bomb!!!)

jazakallah khair
wasalam

Güven
05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
^^Lol Funny as usual :D

جوري
05-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Hmm, no matter how smashed I get, my wife remains hidiously ugly. :(
and that explains why you are here all day ;D

I was actually told this joke by someone..
A man sits at the bar and keeps asking the bartender for a drink, drinks up then reaches for his pocket grabs a pic, shakes his head, puts it back in, and again and asks for another drink.. he kept at it all evening until he was completely boozed, and the bartender asked him why he keeps looking in his pocket after every drink, and he finally fessed up, he is doing it until his wife becomes attractive ;D

Anyhow I am sure your ole lass ain't that bad!

IB-Staff
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Thread has served purpose.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.