/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you celebrate it? (Milaad)

------
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
:salamext:

Do you celebrate it?

I don't want this thread to turn into a debate, I just want to know whether you celebrate it or not. Please vote.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

-------------

P.S.: Mods please do not close this, as I want to see how many practising people actually celebrate Milaad. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

P.P.S: Brothers and sisters I want your honest opinion; e.g. just because lots of people have voted for one option, don't vote for that if you dont feel that. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahamatullahi Wa Barakatu,

What is the need for a poll? Why would you need to know sister?

------
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM

I just need to know

S_87
04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
no i dont

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver
04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Well on the day of the Mawled there's a small parade. Some guys (the musa77irs who wake people up for su7ur in Ramadan) beat on their drums and others walk behind them holding black and green flags with the Shahada on them and that's it. In the mosques and elsewhere too they gather and praise the prophet (PBUH).
I myself, don't celebrate the mawled. I just thank God because he sent us a great prophet to guide us. So i'm guessing that would make me in between.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
:sl:
Celebrate as in party - No.
Celebrate as in remembrance and prayers - Yes. ( tho i also do this everyday... ) - Tho i dont know if that counts as a celebration...
So i guess im In Between.
:w:

Soulja Girl
04-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Nope.
But like sis Ayesha said, celebrate as in remembrance and prayers, yeh...

'Abd-al Latif
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (

). The Prophet himself (

) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (

) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (

)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (

)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (

) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.
Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (

)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (

) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (

) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (

) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

(Source)

------
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM

^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the fatwa brother. Although I have read through the fatwas from both sides of the view in endless forums and threads, and I have been researching this for the past 2 years. Just wanted your vote :)

Snowflake
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
No I don't. The joy of the Prophet's (PBUH) coming into the world should be celebrated everyday through adhering to his Sunnah and sending peace and blessings upon him. Why one day? It's merely a tradition. Nothing to do with Islam.

Souljette
04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
No i don't....it wasn't celebrated then then why now???? we dont need a specific day to follow the sunnah we do it everyday alhamdullah

FatimaAsSideqah
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

No I don't.

Allah did confer a great favor on the believers when He sent among them a Apostle from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in scripture and wisdom, While before that, they had been in manifest error.” (Al-Quran: Surah Ale-Imran, verse-164)

No where in Quran or in Hadiths it is mentioned that commemorating Milad-un-Nabi (PBUH) on any day specially on twelve Rabi ul-Awwal. Unfortunately, among us there are those who mislead innocent Muslim brothers and sisters by calling Mehfil-e-Milad shirk, Bid'at etc, etc and prevent straightforward Muslims from commemorating the birthday of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and thus denied them from receiving great blessing of Allah Ta'ala. Also it has seen that those who object on celebrating birthday of our Prophet (PBUH) when it comes to their own children they forget all shirk and bid'at fatwa and celebrate their children's birthday or Aqeeqa willingly and don't mind to attend friends or relatives birthdays.

islamirama
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
No i don't.

The christians celebrated the Milad of Esa at Prophet (saws) time.

The sahaba never started this practice.

The salaf (first 3 pious generations) never started this pratice, and prophet (saws) said they are the BEST of the Muslims.

And we see milad un nabi celebrated today ? by who? the cultural muslims who think they are being islamic and showing love to the Prophet. They want to show love? why not trying following his sunnah and that of the Salaf....

Na7lah
04-29-2008, 02:17 PM
no i don't celebrate it

- Qatada -
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM

nope.. and i dont mind since it's not disrespect to Allah's Messenger, maybe just a sign that you wna be sincere to his teachings..

'Abd al-Baari
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Nope

and i dont mind since it's not disrespect to Allah's Messenger,
I thought the Propeht Sallahu Alayhi Wassalam, said that celebrating birthdays is Haram:? wouldn't that make it disrespectful? Just wondering...

- Qatada -
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM

He (sal Allahu alaihi wasalam) forbade us from adding things to the religion :) lol and since people accuse people of being 'sinful' for not celebrating it, or looking at them weird.. then that shows how this thing is somehow 'added' into the religion by some people.

anyways, i voted no bro (that i dont celebrate it) lol :)

Sanobar
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
no i dont celebrate it!tho down here this practice has been gettin larger and larger day by day....:(

'Abd al-Baari
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM

He (sal Allahu alaihi wasalam) forbade us from adding things to the religion lol and since people accuse people of being 'sinful' for not celebrating it, or looking at them weird.. then that shows how this thing is somehow 'added' into the religion by some people.
Oh, i see, JazakAllah Khayr akhee. I was sure that someone said to me that it was forbidden by the Prophet Sallahu Alayhi Wassalam to celebrate birthdays!

JazakAllah Khayr and i didn't mean to sound rude :-[ sorry!

WaAlaykumus Salam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

crayon
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
No, even before I knew it was haram, I didn't celebrate it.
I did, however, enjoy the day off school!:D

Al-Zaara
04-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Selam aleykum, hun (AhLÄÄM)

I voted yes, elhamdulillah.

piXie
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM

No. alhamdulillaah :uhwhat

Khayal
04-29-2008, 04:56 PM

NO!

Danah
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
actually I did not know what to vote, in my country they assigned an official holiday for it and made some celebrations in some schools.
I did not know exactly what do you mean by celebrate, is it like fasting, or something like that?

I vote for in between

al Amaanah
04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
how can u celebrate if its a bid3a?

wallahu ta3aala a3lam

al Amaanah
04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
and i know u know this, ah well

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Periwinkle18
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
i don't celebrate millad

------
04-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for ur votes.

A reminder: Please do not lecture me, I know both sides of the debate, I just want to see how many people celebrate it.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr :)

------
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
how can u celebrate if its a bid3a?

wallahu ta3aala a3lam

I just asked for the vote sis :)

Fishman
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes. I love Milaad ul-Nabi!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

When Allah's Messenger delivered the sermon, his eyes became red, his voice rose, and his anger increased so that he was like one giving a warning against the enemy and saying: "The enemy has made a morning attack on you and in the evening too." He would also say: "The last Hour and I have been sent like these two," and he would join his forefinger and middle finger. He would continue: "The best speech is that embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. The most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is an error." He would add: "I am dearer to a Muslim than even his self. He who has left behind property, that is for his family, and he who dies in debt or leaves children (in helplessness), the responsibility (of paying his debt and bringing up his children) lies on me."

Allah Ta'ala says: "This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." [5:4]

Innovation in Islam is the invention, creation or addition of any religious matter which was not (originally) found in Islam. Therefore, Islam warns against it and invalidates any religious deed which does not originate from the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

pauper
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM

Celebrate not in the sense of a party .

Quran - seerah nabawiyah and inshaad , twicw a week right round the year not on one specific day .

FatimaAsSideqah
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM

There are only two Muslim festivals set down in Islamic law: Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha ("Eid" or "Id" means festival).

BintAmjad
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Nope definately not Alhamdulillah. I pray that Allaah guides us all and keeps us on the straight path and protects us from all forms of deviations from the Quraan & sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) Aameen

Intisar
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
No I don't. The joy of the Prophet's (PBUH) coming into the world should be celebrated everyday through adhering to his Sunnah and sending peace and blessings upon him. Why one day? It's merely a tradition. Nothing to do with Islam.
:sl: Exactly, that was perfectly said sister. The Prophet (Salallaahu 'alayhi wasalam ) himself declared that there were only two celebrations/holidays for the Muslims and they are the two Eids (Eid-ul Fitr and Eid-ul Udha). To celebrate his birthday when his companions, who were the closest to him, never did is completely ridiculous. Also, if celebrating your own birthday in general is haram, why would you celebrate the Prophet's (salallaahu 'alayhi wasalam)? Surely what is haram for us, is haram for him also?

al Amaanah
04-29-2008, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for ur votes.

A reminder: Please do not lecture me, I know both sides of the debate, I just want to see how many people celebrate it.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr :)
excuse me? do not lecture u? subhan Allah, why should u ask about something which is a bid3a if we celebrate or not? should an innovation be celebrated? and im not editing al haqq.

wont reply here any more, Allah yahdina
7ayaakom Allah

:wasalamex

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
lol erm the everyone knew thread wouldnt have lasted long, but lets try too keep it civil

i do personally believe that the Prophet (saw) would have done any good rewardful act in his lifetime, as he showed us all the good ways and all the ways to achieve good, so we cant add anythin in

kullu bidaatin dha3laah, wa kullu dha3latin fin naar!! - the hadiths is simple guys!

also didnt the Prophet (saw) die on his birthday? so why celebrate ....

pauper
04-30-2008, 05:37 AM

Its really Simple , If you believe its Bid3a stay away from it , if you dont Celebrate it .

But dont impose your thoughts on others , cause there is always more than one opinion in islam .

I hope that wasnt beefed :) .

north_malaysian
04-30-2008, 05:42 AM
I'm in between...

I dont participate in those parades, singing "salawat", "barzanji" or "marhaban".... but when the local mosque organized a talk about Prophet Muhammad's seerah (history)... I went.

and it's a public holiday in Malaysia. thus there are lots of documentaries about Prophet Muhammad which I could watch during daytime.

pauper
04-30-2008, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
lol erm the everyone knew thread wouldnt have lasted long, but lets try too keep it civil

i do personally believe that the Prophet (saw) would have done any good rewardful act in his lifetime, as he showed us all the good ways and all the ways to achieve good, so we cant add anythin in

kullu bidaatin dha3laah, wa kullu dha3latin fin naar!! - the hadiths is simple guys!

also didnt the Prophet (saw) die on his birthday? so why celebrate ....

You have to give all opinions , There is also a Hadeeth on Sunnah hasanah , i know you dont explain it the way we do .

But keep in mInd is not only your way or no way .

The Prophet SAWS was born , reached MAdeenah and died on this day , we do not celebrate that day only on that day we do it all round the year as i told u .

piXie
04-30-2008, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by pauper

Its really Simple , If you believe its Bid3a stay away from it , if you dont Celebrate it .

But dont impose your thoughts on others , cause there is always more than one opinion in islam

sorry brother, but I just wanted to ask, are both these opinions correct?

pauper
04-30-2008, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

sorry brother, but I just wanted to ask, are both these opinions correct?

sister 3/4 of our religion is our intention right ?

So if we do something with the Niyat , that is for Allah SWT amd his prophet SAWS and for the welfare of the Ummah , then Inshallah Allah SWT will give us the reward for it .

Now that applies to both , both parties have that in mind and in their intention .

How Allah SWT will judge between them is not up to us .

Umar001
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
I just had the feeling this thread would just cause problems, subhanAllah some don't even feel guilt or shyness about causing problems in public. What'sthe point of such a thread.

Wallahi I don't know if people just like to make this place a hard place to be.

------
04-30-2008, 08:07 AM

I'm not causing problems! FOR HEAVENS SAKE! I ONLY ASKED FOR VOTES, NOT A GAZILLION FATWAS.

Ya Allaah when will people bother to read the first post properly?!?!?!

------
04-30-2008, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
excuse me? do not lecture u? subhan Allah, why should u ask about something which is a bid3a if we celebrate or not? should an innovation be celebrated? and im not editing al haqq.

wont reply here any more, Allah yahdina
7ayaakom Allah

:wasalamex
Safe don't reply. :thumbs_up And your so called Al Haqq is an opinion of a scholar. Just like there are many other scholars who have opinions.

Umar001
04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

I'm not causing problems! FOR HEAVENS SAKE! I ONLY ASKED FOR VOTES, NOT A GAZILLION FATWAS.

Ya Allaah when will people bother to read the first post properly?!?!?!
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatu,

I find it hard to think that you wouldnt have thought that the thread would have headed the way it headed, khalas no problem if you feel ok with opening threads like this its your choice, do what you want.

------
04-30-2008, 08:40 AM

Seeing as the moderators, or anyone else for that matter, do not understand the reason for me starting the thread in the first place, just close it...

:threadclo

Snowflake
04-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Calm down everyone. Broken sis asked who celebrates it because we know there are people for and against it, so by asking she can see what the majority do. What's the harm, except when people start making mountains out of molehills.

Andaraawus
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I have witnessed the unfairness of the people who celebrate this first hand as i have been in that Jama'ah for over five years. I have even defended the milaad, amongst other things.

Alot of them do not do it for love of the Prophet sallahu alayhi wasallam. To them it's merely another excuse to attempt to takfir anybody who does not celebrate it. This can be seen by the sitting in their gatherings, where i have heard scholars "debunking" the "Wahaaaabi" arguments one by one, the crowd are like noooooreeeee takbiiiiiiiiiiiir - Allllaaaaaaaaaahhhhhuuuu Akkkkkkkbaaaaaar , nooooooreeeee Risaaaaalaaaat - Yaaaaaa Raaaaasuuulllulllllllaaaaaaah, and so forth.

So for most, it's just another day to beat their chest with the claim they are the right group.

However, there are those who sincerly love the Prophet sallah alayhi wasallam from amongst them. The signs of them are that they grow the beard. And i am not talking about the fashion beard, i am talking about the full sunnah. They just do not understand what is going off because their people make every attempt to mislead them.

They want the people to think that Salafis are anthromopists in their creed, that they do not love the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasallam, but in all fairness, i feel that Salafis have been made an unfair target, and it is the people of desire to be liked others that persecute Salafis, because the idea of following the Salaf is not at all fashionable.

I cannot defend Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab, but neither can i condemn, but if he is in line with thee Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah, which is the people of Sunnah and the majority of agreed upon scholars (not the biggest headcount of Muslims worldwide as some would have us believe), then, he is Ahl us Sunnah, and we can find this out by comparing his doctrine to that of the Salaf.

Only with fairness one will reach truth. If you do not know, do not condemn, seek ....

------
04-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Correction: It's not "noooooreeeee takbiiiiiiiiiiiir", Its Naarahe Takbir. And they are not doing it for fun, its called out of love for Islaam. Sheesh. And then you say people judge.

Anyway mods close this thread, it's getting pathetic.

Andaraawus
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
looks like we have to go with the majority on their vote right?

------
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM

^ The majority of people before thought the earth was flat.

Andaraawus
04-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Then thats another good point for not following the majority (i.e. modern day interpretation of the Jamaa'ah, the Muslim laity).

Umar001
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Calm down everyone. Broken sis asked who celebrates it because we know there are people for and against it, so by asking she can see what the majority do. What's the harm, except when people start making mountains out of molehills.
The harm is that sometimes you have on your conscience threads like this, to close or not to close, will it promote something that you believe to be sinful, what if it leads others to commit that act, what if it gives a platform for others to promote something which you might feel is wrong.

This is why I feel it is harmful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.