/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lying to keep a job

AnonymousPoster
04-29-2008, 02:15 PM
assalamualaykum

is it worth lying to keep a job? would you advice someone to lie to their boss if it helped them retain their job and help out family financially?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
04-30-2008, 12:21 PM
wa alaykum us-salaam...
do u feel that its worth lying for ?

are there any other providers in your family that if u were to tell the truth than their provisions would suffice/ if yes, than i would encourage you to tell the truth.

all the best and may alah grant youa lawful provision

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
In a general answer I'd say: "no, you can't lie for that cause".
In some very specific case I might answer: "I don't know".
But I find it hard to conceive any scenario where I would be convinced enough to answer "yes".
As far as I know, the only cases in which lies are permitted is:
1. In times of war (counterintelligence against spionage)
2. In order to reconcile people.
3. Between a man and his wife (with extra condition that it has to be with a peacefull intention, not to deceive or cheat, like for example when your wife asks: "Do I look fat in this skirt?" ^_^)

------
04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
:salamext:

No. Lying is forbidden in Islaam in any way whatsoever.
EDIT: apart from what bro steve mentioned ^

Seek to gain halaal provisions inshaaAllaah - tell the truth and Allaah will be on ur side, for Allaah does not like the liars.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) is known to have always told the truth even when he joked with his Companions. In fact, he even cursed those who make lies just to make people laugh:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that when they said, “Messenger of Allah, do you make jokes with us!” He (p.b.u.h.) replied, ‘I say nothing but the truth.’” (Tirmidhi 4885)
Some more hadiths and Qur'aan quotes...

We, the Du'at (Dawah makers) should emulate the great Messenger of Allah. We must fear Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala) and always tell the truth. As Muslims, we are expected to be truthful and trustworthy:

“O you who believe! Fear Allah and be with those who are truthful.” (Quran: 9/119)

“That Allah will reward the people of Truth for their Truth, and punish the Hypocrites if that be His Will, or turn to them in Mercy; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
(Quran: 33/24)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (p.b.u.h.)said, “A Muslim is one from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe and a believer is one in whom people place their trust in regard to their life and wealth.” (Tirmidhi 33 and Nasa'i)
May Allaah grant you halal earnings to take care of ur family, Ameen.

Source for quotes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.