/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horoscope... Oh My....

------
04-30-2008, 10:07 AM
:salamext:

I hope this reaches you in good health and Imaan Insha'Allah.

Most of you opened this thread to see your horoscope right? This is becoming a habit for many of our Muslim brothers and sisters, Astagfirullâh. Did you know that checking horoscopes is a really big sin and is shirk? Because you are associating things/people with ALLAH! Read on...

Checking Horoscopes = SHIRK

And other stuff, e.g. Which Chinese Animal are you, what does your favourite colour mean, Your star sign, etc.

Abu Dawood in his Sunan with a sahih isnaad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever learns anything of astrology has learned a branch of witchcraft (al-sihr)…”

And al-Bazzaar narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“He is not one of us who practises augury or has it done for him, who tells fortunes or has his fortune told, or who practises witchcraft or has that done for him.”

Whoever claims to know some matter of the unseen either is a fortune-teller or is acting like a fortune-teller in some sense, because Allaah is the only One Who has knowledge of the unseen. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);

“Say: ‘None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allaah…’”

[Qur’an, Al-Naml 27:65]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sanobar
04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
:sl:

yes sis a good reminder.. we do sumhow end up cheking our horoscopesin the newspaper almost everyday.. atleast ido... but for fun.. jus read it and forget abt it.. ? that isnt shirk isit?

:w:

------
04-30-2008, 10:11 AM

^ Even if ur reading it for fun sis, its not allowed. You should not under any circumstance read it, because that comes under the category of shirk.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sanobar
04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
okay... will keep that in mind! jazakALLAH for the reminder!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
04-30-2008, 10:15 AM

^ Wa Iyaak. Please make dua :)

- Qatada -
04-30-2008, 10:46 AM

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “If someone goes to a fortune teller and asks about anything, then his prayers will not be accepted for forty days.” [Sahîh Muslim (2230)] (but the person still has to pray)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said: “Whoever goes to asks a diviner or a fortune teller and then believes what he says has disbelieved in what was sent to Muhammad.” [Musnad Ahmad (9171) Sunan Abî Dâwûd (3902) Sunan al-Tirmidhî (135) and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (639)]

more info;
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...id=7&q_id=1102

------
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
No sis, I doubt anybody did. Don't forget, Husn al dhaan. :p

I sent this in an email to people, so I just changed the word email to thread.

Husn-wot? :?

aamirsaab
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
My horoscopes are always wrong.
I just read them 'cus they are at the end of the metro. It's funny reading how either incredibly vague the comment is or how incorrect it is.

Note: I do not condone horoscopes. I think they're a load of tosh.

- Qatada -
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM

Basically, don't approach horoscopes - simple as, it may be like approaching a soothsayer - even if you know that he might not always be right, you still have to avoid it for the sake of Allah. Otherwise you may fall for it or into some doubts, and your faith may become questionable.

Islam stops the means to evil, don't even approach the sin because you might just fall into it - then you might not have any helper, and shaytan will work hard on whispering to you that 'so and so matched' - which may make you doubt certain parts of your religion.

------
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM

^Yeh true say akhee.

Even if ur reading them for fun, try to stop. Coz one day u might read it and think 'Hey, this part is true!' and carry on reading it and starting to believe in it, etc.

'Abd al-Baari
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahamtullahi Wabarakaatuh,

I knew that it was wrong to read Horoscopes, but i had no idea that it was considered a form of Shirk.

May Allah SWT protect us all and grant us Hidayaah..Aameen

JazakAllah Khayr ukhtee ^ and akhee Qatada :)

:w: :peace:

^..sTr!vEr..^
05-09-2008, 08:07 PM
nice ..dint know that!

aadil77
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
My horoscopes are always wrong.
I just read them 'cus they are at the end of the metro. It's funny reading how either incredibly vague the comment is or how incorrect it is.

Note: I do not condone horoscopes. I think they're a load of tosh.
same here, I used to read em' sometimes to see how wrong they were lol:D, but now I don't bother

------
05-10-2008, 10:33 AM

^ Alhamdulillah...

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2016, 02:38 PM
:bump:

ardianto
05-19-2016, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:bump:
Do not only bump, sis. But try to write something to motivate other members continue this thread. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.