/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* Ahaadeeth e Nabvi ( Daily Update!) *!*

Khayal
04-30-2008, 05:32 PM
:arabic6:

:salamext:

Everyone: feel free to share, InshaAllaah.

Prayer is the soul of religion. Where there is no prayer , there can be no purification of the soul. The non-praying man is rightly considered to be a soulless man. Take prayer out of the world, and it is all over with religion because it is with prayer that man has the consciousness of God and selfless love for humanity and inner sense of piety.Prayer is, therefore, the first, the highest, and the most solemn phenomenon and manifestation of religion. The way in which prayer is offered and the words which are recited in it explain the true nature of religion of which it is the expression of man's contact with the Lord. Prayer in Islam gives in a nutshell the teachings of Islam. The very first thing which comes into prominence in Islamic prayer is that it is accompanied by bodily movements. It implies that Islam lifts not only the soul to the spiritual height, but also illuminates the body of man with the light of God-consciousness.It aims at purifying both body and soul, for it finds no cleavage between them.Islam does not regard body and soul as two different entities opposed to each other, or body as the prison of the soul from which It yearns to secure freedom in order to soar to heavenly heights. "The soul is an organ of the body which exploits it for physiological purposes, or body is an instrument of the soul" (Iqbal, Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam, p 105), and thus both need spiritual enlightenment. Secondly, Islamic prayer does not aim at such a spiritual contact with God in which the world and self are absolutely denied, in which human personality is dissolved, disappears and is absorbed in the Infinite Lord.Islam does not favour such a meditation and absorption in which man ceases to be conscious of his own self and feels himself to be perfectly identified with the Infinite, and claims in a mood of ecstasy: My "I" has become God, or rather he is God. Islam wants to inculcate the consciousness of the indwelling of the light of God in body and soul but does allow him to transport himself in the realm of lnfinity. It impresses upon his mind that he is the humble servant of the Great and Glorious Lord and his spiritual development and religious piety lies in sincere and willing obedience to Allah.The very first step towards the achievement of this objective is that man should have a clear consciousness of his own finiteness and Infiniteness of the Lord, and clearly visualise and feel that he is created as a human being by the Creator and Master of the universe, and he cannot, therefore, become demi-god or god.His success lies in proving himself by his outlook and behaviour that he is the true and loyal servant of his Great Master.Islamic prayer is, therefore, the symbol of humble reverence before the Majesty of the Glorious Lord.

Book 4, Number 0735:

Ibn Umar reported: When the Muslims came to Medina, they gathered and sought to know the time of prayer but no one summoned them.One day they discussed the matter, and some of them said: Use something like the bell of the Christians and some of them said: Use horn like that of the Jews.Umar said: Why may not a be appointed who should call (people) to prayer?The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: O Bilal, get up and summon (the people) to prayer.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Anas reported: Bilal was commanded (by the Apostle of Allah) to repeat (the phrases of) Adhan twice and once in Iqama. The narrator said: I made a men- tion of it before Ayyub who said : Except for saying: Qamat-1s-Salat [the time for prayer has come].

Book 4, Number 0736:
Sahih Muslim

Khayal
05-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Anas b. Malik reported: They (the Companions) discussed that they should know the timings of prayer by means of something recognized by all.Some of them said that fire should be lighted or a bell should be rung.But Bilal was ordered to repeat the phrases twice in Adhan, and once in Iqama.

Book 4, Number 0737

Soulja Girl
05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
:sl:

This hadith is transmitted by Khalid Hadhdha with the same chain of transmitters (and the words are): When the majority of the people discussed they should know, like the hadith narrated by al-Thaqafi (mentioned above) except for the words:" They (the people) should kindle fire." (Book 4, Number 0738)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
05-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Anas reported: Bilal was commanded (by the Holy Prophet) to repeat the phrases twice in Adhan, and once in lqama.

Book 4, Number 0739:

Khayal
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Anas b. Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to attack the enemy when it was dawn. He would listen to the Adhan ; so if he heard an Adhan, he stopped, otherwise made an attack.Once on hearing a man say: Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: He is following al-Fitra (al-Islam).Then hearing him say: I testify that there is no god but Allah. there is no god but Allah, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: You have come out of the Fire (of Hell).They looked at him and found that he was a goatherd.

Book 4, Number 0745:

teen-omar
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
sallamu 3alekium

Harithah bin Wahb (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Shall I not inform you about the people of Jannah? It is every person who is, modest and humble (before Allah), a person who is accounted weak and is looked down upon but if he adjures Allah, Allah will certainly give him what he desires. Now shall I not inform you about the inmates of Hell? It is every violent, impertinent and proud man".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

wassalam

teen-omar
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Sallam

Umar bin Al-Khattab (r) said: Once we were sitting in the company of Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when there appeared a man dressed in very white clothes and having extraordinary black hair. No signs of fatigue of journey appeared on him and he was known to none of us. He sat down facing the Prophet (PBUH) leaning his knees against the knees of the Prophet (PBUH) and placing both of his palms over his two thighs and said, "O Muhammad (PBUH)! Tell me about Islam". He (PBUH) replied, "Islam is to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and that Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of Allah; that you observe Salat (prayers), pay Zakat, observe Saum (fasting) of Ramadan and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) of the House, provided you have resources of making journey to it.'' He replied: "You have spoken the truth". We were surprised to see that he had asked him and confirmed the correctness of the answers. He then enquired: "Tell me about Iman". He (PBUH) said. "It is to believe in Allah, and His Books, and His Messengers and the Last Day and that you believe in foreordainment, its bad and good consequences.'' He said, "You have spoken the truth.'' He then enquired: "Tell me about Ihsan.'' He (PBUH) said, "It is to worship Allah as if you are seeing Him; and although you do not see Him, He sees you". He enquired: "Inform me about the Hour (i.e., the Day of Resurrection)". He (PBUH) replied, "I have no more knowledge thereof than you". He said, "Inform me about some of its signs". He (PBUH) said, "They are - that a bondswoman gives birth to her own master, and that you will find the barefooted, naked, poor shepherds competing one another in the construction of higher buildings". Then he departed. The Messenger of Allah kept silent for a while then he said to me, "O Umar! Do you know who the questioner was?'' I replied, "Allah and His Messenger know better". The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He was Jibril (Gabriel); he came to you to teach you your religion".

(Muslim)

teen-omar
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Narrated by Anas:
Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.
A man asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?"
The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."

(Al-Bukhari)

teen-omar
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Umar bin Al-Khattab (r), reported:
The Messenger of Allah (s) said, "The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Messenger, his emigration will be for Allah and His Messenger; and whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration would be for what he emigrated for".

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

teen-omar
05-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".

(Muslim)

Soulja Girl
05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about who fights in the battlefield out of valour, or out of zeal, or out of hypocrisy, which of this is considered as fighting in the cause of Allah? He said: "He who fights in order that the Word of Allah remains the supreme, is considered as fighting in the cause of Allah".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Khayal
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Abu Huraira reported: The poor amongst the emigrants came to the Messengerof Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: The possessors of great wealth haveobtained the highest ranks and the lasting bliss. lie (the Holy Prophet) said:How Is that? They said: They pray as we pray, and they observe fast as weobserve fast, and they give charity but we do not give charity, and they setslaves free but we do not set slaves free. Upon this the Messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him) said: Shall A not teach you something by which youwill catch upon those who have preceded you, and get ahead of those who comeafter you, only those who do as you do being more excellent than you? Theysaid: Yes, Messenger of Allah. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Extol Allah,declare His Greatness, and Praise Him thirty-three times after every prayer.Abu Salih said: The poor amongst the emigrants returned to the Messenger ofAllah (may peace upon him) saying: Our brethren, the possessors, of propertyhave heard what we have done and they did the same. So the Messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him) said: This is Allah's Grace which He gives to whom Hewishes. Sumayy reported: I made a mention of this hadith to some members of myfamily (and one of them) said: You have forgotten; he (the Holy Prophet) hadsaid (like this):." Extol Allah thirty-three time. praise Allah thirty-threetimes and declare His Greatness thirty-three times. Ibn 'Ajjan said: 1 made amention of this hadith to Raja' b. Haiwata and he narrated to me a hadith likethis from AbuSalih from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on theauthority of Abu Huraira.
Book 004, Number 1239:

Khayal
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Ahnaf b. Qais reported: While I was in the company of the (elites) of Quraiah, Abu Dharr came there and he was saying: Give glad tidings to the hoarders of riches that their backs would be branded (so deeply) that (the hot Iron) would come out of their sides, and when the backs of their necks would be branded, it would come out of their foreheads. He (Abu Dharr) then went away and sat down. I asked who he was. They said: He is Abu Dharr. I went to him and said to him: What is this that I heard from you which you were saying before? He said : I said nothing but only that which I heard from their Prophet (may peace be upon him). I again said: What do you say about this gift? He said: Take it, for today it is a help. But when it becomes a price for your religion, then abandon it.
Book 5, Number 2177

teen-omar
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ash`ar (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wudu' is half of Salah; the utterance of (Al-hamdu lillah - all praise belongs to Allah) fills the Scales of good actions; the utterance of (Subhan Allah wa Al-hamdu lillah) (Allah is far removed from every imperfection and all praise belongs to Allah) fills the space between the heavens and the earth, and Salat (prayer) is light; and charity is the proof of Faith; and endurance is light, and the Qur'an is a plea in your favour or against you. Every person departs; he either ransoms it or puts it into perdition".

(Muslim)

Khayal
05-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Most Blessed and High, said: O son of Adam, spend. I will spend on you. The right hand of Allah is full and overflowing and in nothing would diminish it, by overspending day and night.

Book 5, Number 2178

Khayal
05-08-2008, 03:57 PM

Jabir reported: A person from the Banu 'Udhra set a slave free after his death. This news reached the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon hhn).Upon this he said: Have you any property besides it? He said: No. Upon this he said: Who would buy (this slave) from me? Nulaim b. Abdullah bought it for eight hundred dirhams and (this amount was) brought to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) who returned it to him (the owner), and then said: Start with your own self and spend it on yourself, and if anything is left, it should be spent on your family, and if anything is left (after meeting the needs of the family) it should be spent on relatives, and if anything is left from the family, it should be spent like this, like this. And he was saying: In front of you, on your right and on your left.

Book 5, Number 2183

Khayal
05-09-2008, 04:32 PM

'Adi b. Hatim reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) made a mention of Fire. He turned his face aside and diverted his attention and then said: Guard (yourselves) against Fire. He turned his face and diverted his attention till we thought as if he were (actually seeing it and then said: Protect yourselves against Fire even if it is with half a date, and he who does not find it, (he should do so) with pleasant words. Abu Kuraib did not mention the word: (as if).

Book 5, Number 2217

Khayal
05-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Abu Mas'ud al-Ainsari reported: A person came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: I keep away from the morning prayer on account of such and such (a man), because; he keeps us so long. I never saw God's Messenger (may peace be upon him) more angry when giving an exhortation than he was that day. He said: 0 people, some of you are scaring people away. So whoever of you leads the people in prayer he must be brief, for behind him are the weak, the aged, and the people who have (argent) business to attend.
Book 4, Number 0940

Soulja Girl
05-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you leads the people in prayer, he should be brief for among them are the young and the aged, the weak and the sick. But when one of you prays by himself, he may (prolong) as he likes. (Book 4, Number 0942)

Khayal
05-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Aman's prayer in congregation is more valuable than twenty degrees and someabove them as compared with his prayer in his house and his market, for whenhe performs ablution doing it well, then goes out to the mosque, and he isimpelled (to do so) only by (the love of congregational) prayer, he has noother objective before him but prayer. He does not take a step without beingraised a degree for it and having a sin remitted for it, till he enters themosque, and when he is busy in prayer after having entered the mosque. theangels continue to invoke blessing on him as long as he is in his place ofworship. saying: O Allah, show him mercy, and pardon him! Accept hisrepentance (and the angels continue this supplication for him) so long as hedoes not do any harm in it, or as long as his ablution is not broken.
Book 004, Number 1394

Khayal
05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

'Abdullah b. 'Amr reported: It was narrated to me that the Messenger ofAllah (may peace be upon him) had said: The prayer observed by a personsitting is half of the prayer. I came to him (may peace be upon him) and foundhim praying in a sitting position. I placed my hand on his head. He said: O'Abdullah b. 'Amr, what is the matter with you? I said: Messenger of Allah, ithas been narrated to me that you said: The prayer of a man in a sittingposition is half of the prayer, whereas you are observing prayer sitting. He(the Holy Prophet) said: Yes, it is so, but I am not like anyone amongstyou.
Book, Number 1600:

teen-omar
05-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Hasan bin `Ali (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I remember (these words) from Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Give up what is doubtful to you for that which is not doubtful; for truth is peace of mind and falsehood is doubt".

(At-Tirmidhi)

Khayal
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM

Umar b. Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I donated a pedigree horse in the path of Allah. Its possesser made it languish. I thought that he would sell it at a cheap price. I asked Allah's Menengsr (may peace be upon him) about it, whereupon he said: Don't buy it and do not get back your charity, for one who gets back the charity is like a dog who swallows its vomit. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Malik b. Anas with the same chain of transmitters but with this addition: "Don't buy that even if he gives you for one dirham."
Book 12, Number 3949

Khayal
05-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: It is the duty of a Muslim who has something which is to be given as a bequest not to have it for two nights without having his will written down regarding it.
Book 13, Number 3987

Khayal
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Anas b. Malik reported, Abu Bakr led them in prayer due to the illness of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) of which be died.It was a Monday and they stood in rows for prayer.The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) drew aside the curtain of ('A'isha's) apartment and looked at us while he was standing, and his (Prophet's) face was (as bright) as the paper of the Holy Book. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) felt happy and smiled.And we were confounded with joy while in prayer due to the arrival (among our midst) of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), Abu Bakr stepped back upon his heels to say prayer in a row perceiving that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had come out for prayer.The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) with the help of his hand signed to them to complete their prayer.The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) went back (to his apartment) and drew the curtain.He (the narrator) said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) breathed his last on that very day.
Book 4, Number 0840

Khayal
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM

'Abdullah (b.Mas'ud) said: While observing prayer behind the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) we used to recite: Peace be upon Allah, peace be upon so and so.One day the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to us: Verily Allah is Himself Peace.When any one of you sits during the prayer. he should say: All services rendered by words, by acts of worship, and all good things are due to Allah.Peace be upon you, 0 Prophet, and Allah's mercy and blessings.Peace be upon us and upon Allah's upright servants, for when he says this it reaches every upright servant in heaven and earth (and say further): I testify that there is no god but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.Then he may choose any supplication which pleases him and offer it.
Book 4, Number 0793

Khayal
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used toobserve, silence for a short while between the takbir (at the time of openingthe prayer) and the recitation of the Qur'an. I said to him: Messenger ofAllah, for whom I would give my father and mother in ransom, what do yourecite during your period of silence between the takbir and the recitation? Hesaid: I say (these words):" O Allah, remove my sins from me as Thou hastremoved the East from the West. O Allah purify me from sins as a white garmentis purified from filth. O Allah! wash away my sins with water, snow andhall."
Book 004, Number 1245

Khayal
05-21-2008, 04:50 AM

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)said: The Fire said to the Lord: O Lord! some parts of mine have consumed theothers, so allow me to exhale (in order to find some relief from this congestion). It was granted permission to take two exhalations, one exhalation during the winter and the other exhalation during the summer So whatever youperceive in the form of intense cold or hurting cold is from the exhalation of Hell. And whatever you perceive in the form of extreme heat or intense beat isfrom the exhalation of Hell.

Khayal
05-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Al-Bara' b. 'Azib reported: This verse was revealed (in this way):" Guard the prayers and the 'Asr prayer." We recited it (in this very way) so long as Allah desired. Allah, then, abrogated it and it was revealed:" Guard theprayers, and the middle prayer." A person who was sitting with Shaqiq (one of the narrators in the chain of transmitters) said: Now it implies the 'Asr prayer. Upon this al-Bara' said: I have already informed you how this (verse)was revealed and how Allah abrogated it, and Allah knows best. Imam Muslimsaid: Ashja'i narrated it from Sufyan al-Thauri, who narrated it from al-Aswadb. Qais, who narrated it from 'Uqba, who narrated it from al-Bara' b. 'Azibwho said: We recited with the Prophet (may peace be upon him) (the above-mentioned verse like this, i. e. instead of Salat al- Wusta, Salatal-'Asr) for a certain period. as It has been mentioned (in the above-quotedhadith).
Book 004, Number 1317

Khayal
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:Allah descends to the lowest heaven at half of the night or at one-third ofthe latter part and says: Who is there to supplicate Me so that I answer him?Who is there to ask Me so that I grant him? And then says: Who will lend toOne Who is neither indigent nor tyrant? (This hadith has been narrated by Sa'db. Sa'id with the same chain of transmitters with this addition:" Then theBlessed and the Exalted (Lord) stretches His Hands and says: Who will lend toOne Who is neither indigent nor tyrant? )

Book, Number 1659

Khayal
05-23-2008, 04:12 PM

Anas b. Malik reported: I was the cup-bearer of some people in the house of Abu Talha on the day when liquor was forbidden. Their liquor had been prepared from dry dates or fresh dates when the announcer made the announcement. He (Abu Talha) said to me: Go out and find out (what the announcement is). I got out (and found) an announcer making this announcement: Behold, liquor has been declared unlawful. He said: The liquor (was spilt and) flawed in the lanes of Medina. Abu Talha said to me: Go out and Spill it, and I spilt it. They said or some of them said : Such and such were killed, such and such were killed for (the wine) had been in their stomachs. He (the narrator) said.I do not know whether it is the narration transmitted by Anas, (or by someone else). Then Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, revealed : "There shall be no sin (imputed) unto those who have believed and done good works for what they may have eaten as long as they fear (Allah) and believe and do good works"
(v. 93).

Khayal
05-24-2008, 06:08 PM

Jabir b 'Abdullah reported: We were with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and lie asked for water. A person said: Allah's Messenger, may we not give you Nabidh to drink? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Yes (you may). He (the narrator) said : Then that person went out speedily and brought a cup containing Nabidh, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Why did you not cover it ? - even if it is with a wood. He said that then he drank it.
Book 23, Number 4989

Soulja Girl
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) prohibited that fresh dates and grapes be mixed together and that fresh dates and unripe dates be mixed together. (Book 23, Number 4990)

Khayal
05-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Anas reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace he upon him) came to Medina when I was ten years old and he died when I was twenty years old. My mother exhorted me to serve him. He (the Holy Prophet) came to our house, and we ruined a flabby goat for him and mixed it (the milk) with water from the well of the house. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) drank that. Umar and Abu Bakr on his left side said to him: Allah's Messenger, give it to Abu Bakr, but he (the Holy Prophet) gave it to the desert Arab who was on his right. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who is on the right, then he who is on the right.
Book 23, Number 5033

Soulja Girl
05-25-2008, 06:12 PM

Sahl b. Sa'd Sa'idi reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was given a drink, and he drank from that, and there was on his right side a boy, and on his left some old men. He said to the boy: Do you permit me to give it to them (the old men), but that boy said: by God. I will not give preference at your hand over me in my share. He (the narrator) said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) then gave it in his hand. (Book 23, Number 5035)

Khayal
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who is the most truthful (of the human beings) and his being truthful (is a fact) said: Verily your creation is on this wise. The constituents of one of you are collected for forty days in his mother's womb in the form of blood, after which it becomes a clot of blood in another period of forty days. Then it becomes a lump of flesh and forty days later Allah sends His angel to it with instructions concerning four things, so the angel writes down his livelihood, his death, his deeds, his fortune and misfortune. By Him, besides Whom there is no god, that one amongst you acts like the people deserving Paradise until between him and Paradise there remains but the distance of a cubit, when suddenly the writing of destiny overcomes him and he begins to act like the denizens of Hell and thus enters Hell, and another one acts in the way of the denizens of Hell, until there remains between him and Hell a distance of a cubit that the writing of destiny overcomes him and then he begins to act like the people of Paradise and enters Paradise.
Book 33, Number 6390

Khayal
05-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Yahya Abu 'Umar al-Nakhai reported that some people asked Ibn Abbas about the sale and purchase of wine and its commerce. He asked (them): Are you Muslims? They said, Yes. Thereupon he said: Its sale and purchase and its trade are not permissible. They then asked him about Nabidh and he said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went out on a journey and then came back and some persons amongst his Companions prepared Nabidh for him in green pitcher, hollow stump and gourd. He commanded it to be thrown away, and it was done accordingly. He then ordered them (to prepare it.) in a waterskin and it was prepared in that by steeping raisins in water, and it was prepared in the night. In the morning he drank out of that and on that day and then the next night, and then on the next day until the evening. He drank and gave others to drink. When it was morning (of the third night) he commanded what was left of that to be thrown away.

Book 23, Number 4975

Khayal
05-29-2008, 04:06 PM

Anas b. Malik reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to our house and he asked for a drink. We milked a goat for him and then mixed it (the milk) with the water of this well of mine. I gave it to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he drank it, while Abu Bakr was on his left and 'Umar was in front of him, and a desert Arab was on his right. When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had finished the drink, Umar said: Allah's Messenger, here is Abu Bakr, give him to drink; but Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave it to the desert Arab and he left out Abu Bakr and Umar. And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Those on the right, those on the right, those on the right (deserve preference). Anas said: This is the Sunnah, this is the Sunnah, this is the Sunnah.
Book 23, Number 5034

Khayal
05-30-2008, 04:56 PM

'Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported: Evil one is he who is evil in the womb of his mother and the good one is he who takes lesson from the (fate of) others. The narrator came to a person from amongst the Companion of Allah's Me ssenger (may peace be upon him) who was called Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari and said: How can a person be an evil one without (cornmittilng an evil) deed? Thereupon the person said to him: You are surprised at this, whereas I have heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saving: When forty nights pass after the semen gets into the womb, Allah sends the angel and gives him the shape. Then he creates his sense of hearing, sense of sight, his skin, his flesh, his bones, and then says: My Lord, would he be male or female ? And your Lord decides as He desires and the angel then puts down that also and then says: My Lord, what about his age? And your Lord decides as He likes it and the angel puts it down. Then he says: My Lord, what about his livelihood? And then the Lord decides as He likes and the angel writes it down, and then the angel gets out with his scroll of destiny in his hand and nothing is added to it and nothing is subtracted from it.
Book 33, Number 6393

Khayal
05-31-2008, 05:25 PM

Hudhaifa reported: When we attended a dinner along with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) we did not lay our hands on the food until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had laid his hand and commenced eating (the food). Once we went with him to a dinner when a girl came rushingly as it someone had been pursuing her. She was about to lay her hand on the food, when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) caught her hand. Then a desert Arab came there (rushingly) as if someone had been pursuing him. He (the Holy Prophet) caught his hand; and then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Satan considers that food lawful on which Allah's name is not mentioned. He had brought this girl so that the food might be made lawful for him and I caught her hand. And he had brought a desert Arab so that (the food) might be lawful for him. So I caught his hand. By Him, in Whose hand is my life, it was (Satan's) hand that was in my hand along with her hand.
Book 23, Number 5004

Khayal
06-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Thumama (i.e. Ibn Hazn al-Qushairi) reported: I met 'A'isha and asked her about Nabidh (that was served to the Holy Prophet). 'A'isha called an Abyssinian maid (servant) and said: Ask her (about it) for it was he, who prepared the Nabidh for the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). The Abyssinian (maid-servant) said: I prepared Nabidh for him in a waterskin in the night and tied its mouth and then suspended it; and when it was morning he (the Holy Prophet) drank from it.

Book 23, Number 4976

Khayal
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don't say : If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do and your "if" opens the (gate) for the Satan.

Book 33, Number 6441

Khayal
06-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don't say : If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do and your "if" opens the (gate) for the Satan.
Book 33, Number 6441

Khayal
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Sahl b. Sa'd reported it from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that a person performs deeds like the deeds of the people of Paradise apparently before people and he would be amongst the dwellers of Hell and a person acts apparently like the people of Hell, but (in fact) he would be among the dwellers of Paradise.

Book 33, Number 6408

Khayal
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you drops a mouthful he should pick it up and remove any of the filth on it, and then eat it, and should not leave it for the Satan, and should not wipe his hand with towel until he has licked his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of the food the blessing lies.
Book 23, Number 5044

Khayal
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543

Soulja Girl
06-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall." (Book 55, Number 544)

Khayal
06-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported : While I was sitting in my house there happened to pass by me Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He made a gesture to me and I stood up for him. He took hold of my hand until we came to one of the apartments of his wives. He entered and then asked me to get in. So I entered and there was hanging a curtain beside her. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Is there any food (with you) ? They (the members of the household) said : Yes And then there were brought three loaves of bread for him (the Holy Prophet) and placed in the basket of palm leaves. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) picked up one loaf and placed that before him, and then picked up another one and placed it before me. He then picked up the third one and broke it into two parts, and kept the one-half before him and the other half before me, and then said : Is there any condiment ? They (the members of the household) said: There is nothing (in the form of condiment) but some vinegar only. He said : Bring that, for vinegar is a good condiment.
Book 23, Number 5096

Khayal
06-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The mother of every person gives him birth according to his true nature. It is subsequently his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Magian. Had his parents been Muslim he would have also remained a Muslim. Every person to whom his mother gives birth (has two aspects of his life) ; when his mother gives birth Satan strikes him but it was not the case with Mary and her son (Jesus Christ).
Book 33, Number 6429

Khayal
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall."

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 544

Khayal
06-10-2008, 04:13 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "But for the Israelis, meat would not decay and but for Eve, wives would never betray their husbands."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 547

Khayal
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah 's Apostle said, "Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 548

Khayal
06-14-2008, 04:58 PM

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Allah will say to that person of the (Hell) Fire who will receive the least punishment, 'If you had everything on the earth, would you give it as a ransom to free yourself (i.e. save yourself from this Fire)?' He will say, 'Yes.' Then Allah will say, 'While you were in the backbone of Adam, I asked you much less than this, i.e. not to worship others besides Me, but you insisted on worshipping others besides me.' "
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 551

Soulja Girl
06-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 552
Narrator: Abdullah

Allah's Apostle said, "Whenever a person is murdered unjustly, there is a share from the burden of the crime on the first son of Adam for he was the first to start the tradition of murdering."

Khayal
06-15-2008, 08:12 PM

Narrated Ibn Umar:
Once Allah's Apostle stood amongst the people, glorified and praised Allah as He deserved and then mentioned the Dajjal saying, "l warn you against him (i.e. the Dajjal) and there was no prophet but warned his nation against him. No doubt, Noah warned his nation against him but I tell you about him something of which no prophet told his nation before me. You should know that he is one-eyed, and Allah is not one-eyed."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 553

Khayal
06-17-2008, 06:34 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I not tell you about the Dajjal a story of which no prophet told his nation? The Dajjall is one-eyed and will bring with him what will resemble Hell and Paradise, and what he will call Paradise will be actually Hell; so I warn you (against him) as Noah warned his nation against him."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 554

Khayal
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is the most honorable amongst the people (in Allah's Sight)?" He said, "The most righteous amongst them." They said, "We do not ask you, about this. " He said, "Then Joseph, Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Prophet, The son of Allah's Prophet the son of Allah's Khalil (i.e. Abraham)." They said, "We do not want to ask about this," He said' "Then you want to ask about the descent of the Arabs. Those who were the best in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance will be the best in Islam provided they comprehend the religious knowledge."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 572

Khayal
06-20-2008, 08:51 PM

Narrated Abû Hurayrah radhiAllâhu `anhu: Allâh's Apostle sallAllâhu `alayhi wa sallam said:

When a bondsman - a Muslim or a believer - washes his face (in course of ablution), every sin he contemplated with his eyes will be washed away from his face along with water, or with the last drop of water ; when he washes his hands, every sin they wrought will be effaced from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin towards which his feet have walked will be washed away with the water, or with the last drop of water, with the result that he comes out pure from all sins.
[Sahîh Muslim]

Narrated Uthmân ibn AffânradhiAllâhu `anhu:
The Messenger of Allâh sallAllâhu `alayhi wa sallam said: He who performed ablution well, his sins would come out from his body, even coming out from under his nails.
[Sahîh Muslim]

Khayal
06-21-2008, 07:37 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 29

Khayal
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
'Abdullah b. 'Umar reported: While we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), a person, one of the Ansar, came to him and greeted him. The Ansari then turned back. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: o brother of Ansar, how is my brother Sa'd be 'Ubada? He said: He is better. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Who amongst you would visit him? He (the Holy Prophet) stood up and we also got up along with him, and we were more than ten persons. We had neither shoes with us, nor socks, nor caps, nor shirts. We walked on the barren land till we came to him. The people around him kept away till the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and his Companions with him came near him (Sa'd b. 'Ubada).
Book 4, Number 2011

Khayal
06-23-2008, 09:42 PM

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said,
"When Allah created Adam (PBUH), He said to him: `Go and greet that company of angels who are sitting there - and then listen to what they are going to say in reply to your greetings because that will be your greeting and your off-spring's.' Adam (PBUH) said to the angels: `As-Salamu `Alaikum (may you be safe from evil).' They replied: `As-Salamu `Alaikum wa Rahmatullah (may you be safe from evil, and Mercy of Allah be upon you).' Thus adding in reply to him: `wa Rahmatullah (and Mercy of Allah)' to his greeting.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Khayal
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Narrated Abu Shuraih Al-Adawi:
My ears heard and my eyes saw the Prophet when he spoke, "Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his neighbor generously, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should serve his guest generously by giving him his reward." It was asked. "What is his reward, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "(To be entertained generously) for a day and a night with high quality of food and the guest has the right to be entertained for three days (with ordinary food) and if he stays longer, what he will be provided with will be regarded as Sadaqa (a charitable gift). And anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quite (i.e. abstain from all kinds of dirty and evil talks)."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 48

Khayal
06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said,
"Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet. (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk).
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 47

Khayal
06-28-2008, 06:01 PM

Umm Salama reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If any Muslim who suffers some calamity says, what Allah has commanded him, "We belong to Allah and to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in exchange for it," Allah will give him something better than it in exchange.
When Abu Salama died she said: What Muslim is better than Abu Salama whose family was the first to emigrate to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). I then said the words, and Allah gave me God's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in exchange. She said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent Hatib b. Abu Balta'a to deliver me the message of marriage with him. I said to him: I have a daughter (as my dependant) and I am of jealous temperament. He (the Holy Prophet) said: So far as her daughter is concerned, we would supplicate Allah, that He may free her (of her responsibility) and I would also supplicate Allah to do away with (her) jealous (temperament).
Book 4, Number 1999

Soulja Girl
06-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Umm Salama, the wife of the Apostle of Allah (way peace be upon him), reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying like the hadith transmitted by Abu Usama, but with this addition that she said: "When Abu Salama died I said: Who is better than Abu Salama, the Companion of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), and Allah decided for me and I said (these words contained in the supplication mentioned above) and I was married to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). (Book 4, Number 2001)

Khayal
07-02-2008, 03:12 AM

Narrated Abu Sulaiman and Malik bin Huwairith:
We came to the Prophet and we were (a few) young men of approximately equal age and stayed with him for twenty nights. Then he thought that we were anxious for our families, and he asked us whom we had left behind to look after our families, and we told him. He was kindhearted and merciful, so he said, "Return to your families and teach them (religious knowledge) and order them (to do good deeds) and offer your prayers in the way you saw me offering my prayers, and when the stated time for the prayer becomes due, then one of you should pronounce its call (i.e. the Adhan), and the eldest of you should lead you in prayer.
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 37

Khayal
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Anas b. Malik reported: The people were in the grip of famine during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), and (once) as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was delivering the sermon standing on the pulpit on Friday, a bedouin stood up and said: Messenger of Allah, the animals died and the children suffered starvation. The rest of the hadith is the same (and the words are) that he (the Holy Prophet) said: O Allah, send down rain in our suburbs but not on us. He (the narrator) said: To whichever directions he pointed with his hands, the clouds broke up and I saw Medina like the opening of a (courtyard) and the stream of Qanat flowed for one month, and none came from any part (of Arabia) but with the news of heavy rainfall.
Book 4, Number 1956

Amat Allah
07-04-2008, 04:24 AM

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 8:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

Sahih Al Bukhari

Khayal
07-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O Adam.' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik wa Sa'daik', and all the good is in Your Hand.' Allah will say: 'Bring out the people of the fire.' Adam will say: 'O Allah! How many are the people of the Fire?' Allah will reply: 'From every one thousand, take out nine-hundred-and ninety-nine.' At that time children will become hoary headed, every pregnant female will have a miscarriage, and one will see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah." The companions of the Prophet asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is that (excepted) one?" He said, "Rejoice with glad tidings; one person will be from you and one-thousand will be from Gog and Magog."

The Prophet further said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He added, "I hope that you will be one-third of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He said, "I hope that you will be half of the people of Paradise." We shouted, "Allahu Akbar!" He further said, "You (Muslims) (compared with non Muslims) are like a black hair in the skin of a white ox or like a white hair in the skin of a black ox (i.e. your number is very small as compared with theirs)."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 567

Soulja Girl
08-23-2008, 08:21 PM

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 568:
Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet said, "You will be gathered (on the Day of Judgment), bare-footed, naked and not circumcised." He then recited:--'As We began the first creation, We, shall repeat it: A Promise We have undertaken: Truly we shall do it.' (21.104) He added, "The first to be dressed on the Day of Resurrection, will be Abraham, and some of my companions will be taken towards the left side (i.e. to the (Hell) Fire), and I will say: 'My companions! My companions!' It will be said: 'They renegade from Islam after you left them.' Then I will say as the Pious slave of Allah (i.e. Jesus) said. 'And I was a witness Over them while I dwelt amongst them. When You took me up You were the Watcher over them, And You are a witness to all things. If You punish them. They are Your slaves And if You forgive them, Verily you, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (5.120-121)

Khayal
08-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Bismillaah!

Forgetfulness in Prayer
4.1.1. Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Abu Salama ibn Abdar-Rahman ibn Awf from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When you stand in prayer, Shaytan comes to you and confuses you until you do not know how much you have prayed. If you find that happening do two sajdas from the sitting position."

4.1.2. Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that a man questioned al-Qasim ibn Muhammad saying, "My imagination works in the prayer, and it happens to me a lot." Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad said, "Go on with your prayer, for it will not goaway from you until you goaway saying, 'I have not completed my prayer.' "
Forgetfulness in Prayer' of Malik's Muwatta.

4.1.3. Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I forget or I am made to forget so that I may establish the sunna."
'Forgetfulness in Prayer' of Malik's Muwatta.

Soulja Girl
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 569:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection Abraham will meet his father Azar whose face will be dark and covered with dust.(The Prophet Abraham will say to him): 'Didn't I tell you not to disobey me?' His father will reply: 'Today I will not disobey you.' 'Abraham will say: 'O Lord! You promised me not to disgrace me on the Day of Resurrection; and what will be more disgraceful to me than cursing and dishonoring my father?' Then Allah will say (to him):' 'I have forbidden Paradise for the disbelievers." Then he will be addressed, 'O Abraham! Look! What is underneath your feet?' He will look and there he will see a Dhabh (an animal,) blood-stained, which will be caught by the legs and thrown in the (Hell) Fire."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.