/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am sick...

anonymous
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
not physically, alhamduliah, but emotionally and spiritually.
my iman is as low as ever. emotionally i feel sick becasue i feel that i have failed. failed myself and my mother. my mother because she has limited ability to move, she has arthiritis and becase i have sooo much other stuff weighing heavily on my mind ( ugh! i feel so selfish that i worry about my personal things and not my mum) i feel i cant move myself to help her, etc. Its as if there is a weight inside of me keeping me down. I know she empathisis and understands me, etc, i know that she dosnt mind, and that she'll overlook-to an extent- but at the same time i know she needs my help. she stays quite about this, but i know that she'll end up getting frustated with me. obvuisoly i sont want that. so with all these personal issues with my mum, i feel that i have failed my self. :'(i feel so burdened, ts killing me...

also, i just feel i want to be alone. i like being with myself, thinking to myself, sitting in the dark. i know i sound insane, but i fear this is going to affect my relationships, badly.
and than there's this frustation inside of me. at the pains of my brothers and sisters suffering in our war-torn zones.my heart aches for them:(:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
its ok to like isolation sometimes.. i mean the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam before islaam did use to retreat to mount hira.

I dont know exactly wats weighing down on you so much but you sound like your tryin ur best... jus keep goin sis i cant see wat else i can say.

You'll be ok inshaAllaah !

your mother sounds understanding!

i cant see just where ur hardship is coming from.. forgive my ignorance

u kno what u need to realise is that as long as you havent given up you havent failed, it doesnt matter how low you feel you are as long as your willing to try rising again! Keep aiming high and you'll reach high..

Assalamu Alaikum

anonymous
05-04-2008, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I dont know exactly wats weighing down on you so much but you sound like your tryin ur best...
you know bro, even i dont know whats weighing me down so much. the only thing i can think of thats on my mind and thats eating my time, are my prayers. you see, i suffer from a major problem called wiswaas. its so bad sometimes, i feel to despair. but i know if i do, ill get nowhere. it gets so bad that i feel that im gonna abandon prayer, and just the thought freaks me out :ooh:imsad. i know what the cure is; which is just to ignore them, etc, but for some reason, i just cant seem to excute it! it just keeps on geting worse and worse, and it affects my motivation to pray. like when the time for paryer comes, i just feel too lazy to get up, becasue i know what i may face. its so stupid, becasue prayer isnt meant to be a burden, but im just not getting that! :( its been going on for sometime, and it just depresses me, i just wanna be normal! and i just fear that im never get gonna get over it.
and in turn, i guess it just generally lowers my iman and i feel too lazy to do anything else, and i feel so mopey. *sighs

and yeah, thats pretty much whats been weighing me down
jus keep goin sis i cant see wat else i can say.
jaakallahu khair bro. how do u know im a sis :?

Assalamu Alaikum
wa alaikum ussalam

'Abd-al Latif
05-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Healing the Weak Iman - Thinking About and Trying to Understand Meanings of the Glorious Quran

Shaykh Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid

Excerpted from the book "The Weakening of Faith - Its Symptoms - Causes & Cure"

1 – Thinking about and trying to understand meanings of the Glorious Quran, which Allah has sent down for His slaves to clarify all things and as a Light that He gives to whom He wills among His slaves. Indeed, the Quran contains tremendous medicine for all ills of the heart, as Allah said, what translated means, "And We sent down from the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism)." [17:82]

...The Quran contains Islamic Monotheism; Allah’s promises, warnings and Commandments; stores of previous nations; and codes of the best conduct and behavior. These various subjects in the Quran have different effects on the heart. Some Surahs (chapters) of the Quran are more frightening than others. The Messenger of Allah said, what translated means, "Hud (chapter 11) and its sisters (chapters 56, 77, 78 and 81) have brought me white hairs before their due time." [As-Silsilah As-Sahihah]. Hud and its sisters brought white hairs to the Messenger of Allah because of what they contain of matters of Iman. These Surahs, and the rest of the Quran, showed their effect on the Messenger of Allah and his companions, exactly as they were ordered in the Quran, "So stand (ask Allah to make) you (Mohammad) firm and straight (on the religion of Islamic Monotheism) as you are commanded and those (your companions) who turn in repentance (unto Allah) with you." [11:112]

The companions would also be deeply moved with emotions when they recited the Quran. Abu Bakr, for example, who was a soft-hearted man, used to cry while reciting the Quran when leading Muslims in prayer. Once, Umar became ill as a result of his reciting the Ayah, "Verily, the Torment of your Lord will surely come to pass. There is none that can avert it." [2:7-8]

On another occasion, Umar wept when he was reciting the Ayah, "I (Prophet Jacob) only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah." [12:86], and he was clearly heard by those who were standing behind him. Furthermore, Uthman ibn `Affan said, "If our hearts were pure, they will never have enough from reciting Allah’s Speech (the Quran)."

As for later generations, Ayyub said, "I heard Sa`d ibn Jubayr recite the Ayah, "And be afraid of a Day when you shall be brought back to Allah." [2:281], repeating it more than twenty times." This is the last Ayah that was revealed to the Messenger of Allah, and it ends with, "Then every person shall be paid what he earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly." [2:281].

Also, Ibrahim ibn Bashshar said, "If you could but see where they will be held over the (Hell) Fire! They will say, 'Would that we were but sent back (to the world).'" [6:27], was the Ayah that Ali ibn al-Fudhayl died while reciting. I was among those who prayed the Janazah (funeral) prayer on him, may Allah grant him His Mercy."

Furthermore, when our Salaf would reach a portion of the Quran were Sujud (bowing down) is warranted, they treated this incident different than ordinary people. A man once recited, "And they fall down on their faces weeping and it adds to their humility." [17:109], and then fell in Sujud. Then, he said to himself, "Here you are, you do the Sujud, so where is the crying?"

…..Ibn Al-Qayyim said with regards to what one should do to cure his weak Iman using the Quran, "First you should remove your heart from the life of this world and settle it in the Last Life. Then, pay your full attention to pursuing the meanings of the Quran, and try to comprehend and understand them and what they were sent down to accomplish. Then, offer these meanings to the sickness that your heart feels, and when they touch the disease, they will cure the heart, Allah willing."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
05-04-2008, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
like when the time for paryer comes, i just feel too lazy to get up, becasue i know what i may face. its so stupid, becasue prayer isnt meant to be a burden, but im just not getting that! :( its been going on for sometime, and it just depresses me, i just wanna be normal! and i just fear that im never get gonna get over it.
and in turn, i guess it just generally lowers my iman and i feel too lazy to do anything else, and i feel so mopey. *sighs

and yeah, thats pretty much whats been weighing me down
jaakallahu khair bro. how do u know im a sis :?

wa alaikum ussalam
This is yet another game of shaitaan, first to make u lazy and then because u felt lazy and didnt pray , demoralize you. just feel that u r not the only one . You know we r like babies , weak and always need HIM , HE gives us the strength through prayers, the thirst is quenched by the prostrations, else the heart will be more horrible than a deserted barren land. Its like ask yourself , He allows only those people (chosen) whom he loves to prostrate before HIM, its a very big honour given to us. Then will you allow the shaitan to take this beautiful honour away from you. At the same time dont overburden yourself by praying too much at start, take things that are easy, pray the fard, and sunnat that are compulsory and then add further lengths to it. Once u defeat this shaitan, you will find yourself taking good care of your mother . The thing is , its enough that u feel bad about it. U r bothered and hence u feel bad about it(not praising u unnecessarily) its the fact. And hence dont look back and keep cursing yourself, nor u nor ALLAH TALLAH will be happy, yes but shaitaan will be. I dont remember where did i read it, but its like, No sin of a servant is not unforgiven , as he gets up after committing it, makes wudhu and prays 2 rakaat salah. The point is till when will u stop yourself from the sea of mercy. The relationship between the LORD and the servant is more than a mother and a child, How secure a child feels in a mothers company.
Consider this story:

lt. is reported by a trustworthy man of the past that as he was passing through a street he saw the door of a house open. A woman came out with a child who was crying and pleading while she was pushing him out. She left him outside the house and slammed the door shut in his face. The child left the door and walked a distance. Then he stopped, looked about, began to think, and not finding any other place but his own house where he could take shelter nor anyone who would care for him as his mother would, he returned to his house dejected, sad. He found the door shut. He sat at the sill, put his cheek on the threshold and slept with tear marks on his cheeks. He was in this state when the mother opened the door. When she saw him in this state she could not control herself. She bent down, grabbed him to her bosom, began to kiss him and say in tears: "Oh my boy! My dear child! My very soul! Where were you? Didn't I tell you not to disobey me? Do my bidding, and don't force me to punish you, while I hate to do that." Then she carried the child back and closed the door behind her.

That is the story of a mother and a child: the story of disobedience, punishment, return, forgiveness and unbound love. But the Prophet, salla Allah u alihi wa sallam, has told us that: "Allah loves His creation more than a woman does her child." In fact, there is no comparison between the love of a mother for her child and that of Allah whose Mercy encompasses everything. Allah, azza wa jall, is immensely pleased with a man when he repents and turns to Him. And we shall never be deprived of anything by a Lord who is more pleased with the repenting man, than that man..
more on: http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...epent-but.html

U r precious to ALLAH TALLAH and hence this feeling just start walking in HIS way. HE will come at speed towards you

anonymous
05-05-2008, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammad
On another occasion, Umar wept when he was reciting the Ayah, "I (Prophet Jacob) only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah." [12:86], and he was clearly heard by those who were standing behind him. Furthermore, Uthman ibn `Affan said, "If our hearts were pure, they will never have enough from reciting Allah’s Speech (the Quran)."
jazakallahu khair bro, nice article. and keep up the good posting btw:thumbs_up

thats what i wanna do during my prayers, i.e feel that i complain to allah, and stand in front of him, heartbroken, etc. but i cant do that 'cos these whispersings are getting the better of me.

format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
U r bothered and hence u feel bad about it(not praising u unnecessarily) its the fact. And hence dont look back and keep cursing yourself, nor u nor ALLAH TALLAH will be happy, yes but shaitaan will be.
sorry, can u pls exaplin that. i didnt get it:)

i also get these whispers when i make dua, like its not gonna be answered, or theres no god:skeleton::enough!:, it pains my heart...

cute123
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
jazakallahu khair bro, nice article. and keep up the good posting btw:thumbs_up

thats what i wanna do during my prayers, i.e feel that i complain to allah, and stand in front of him, heartbroken, etc. but i cant do that 'cos these whispersings are getting the better of me.

sorry, can u pls exaplin that. i didnt get it:)

i also get these whispers when i make dua, like its not gonna be answered, or theres no god:skeleton::enough!:, it pains my heart...
I meant turn the feeling of remorse into action.

'Abd-al Latif
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM

:salamext:

Muslim (132) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: "Some of the companions of the Prophet (saaws) came to him and said, 'We find things in our hearts that none of us would dare to utter out loud.’ He said, ‘Do you really find that?’ They said, 'Yes.' He said, 'That is clear faith.'"

Muslim (3203) narrated that 'Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas came to the Prophet (saaws) and said: "O Messenger of Allaah, the Shaytaan is coming between me and my prayer and making me confused in my recitation." The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: "That is a devil called Khanzab. If you feel his presence, then seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times." [‘Uthmaan] said: "I did that and Allaah took him away from me."

Al-Bukhaari (3276) and Muslim (134) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: 'The Shaytaan comes to some of you and says, "Who created such and such? Who created such and such?" – until he says, "Who created your Lord?" If that happens, then let him seek refuge with Allaah and stop thinking about that.'"

Al-Bukhaari (1231) and Muslim (389) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: 'When the call for prayer is given, the Shaytaan runs away, breaking wind loudly so as not to hear the adhaan. When the adhaan ends, he comes back. When the iqaamah is made, he runs away, then when the iqaamah ends, he comes back to distract a man from his prayer, saying, "Remember such and such," things that the man did not remember, until he does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed. If one of you does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it is three or four, then let him do two prostrations whilst he is sitting."

Muslim (571) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: "The Messenger of Allah (saaws) said, 'If one of you is uncertain about his prayer and cannot remember how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it was three or four, then let him avoid doubt and act upon that of which he is certain, then let him do two prostrations before he says the salaam. Then if he prayed five rak’ahs then they will make his prayer even, and if he prayed four then that will annoy the Shaytaan."

anonymous
05-07-2008, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
I meant turn the feeling of remorse into action.
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammad
:salamext:

Muslim (132) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: "Some of the companions of the Prophet (saaws) came to him and said, 'We find things in our hearts that none of us would dare to utter out loud.’ He said, ‘Do you really find that?’ They said, 'Yes.' He said, 'That is clear faith.'"

Muslim (3203) narrated that 'Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas came to the Prophet (saaws) and said: "O Messenger of Allaah, the Shaytaan is coming between me and my prayer and making me confused in my recitation." The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: "That is a devil called Khanzab. If you feel his presence, then seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times." [‘Uthmaan] said: "I did that and Allaah took him away from me."

Al-Bukhaari (3276) and Muslim (134) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: 'The Shaytaan comes to some of you and says, "Who created such and such? Who created such and such?" – until he says, "Who created your Lord?" If that happens, then let him seek refuge with Allaah and stop thinking about that.'"

Al-Bukhaari (1231) and Muslim (389) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said: 'When the call for prayer is given, the Shaytaan runs away, breaking wind loudly so as not to hear the adhaan. When the adhaan ends, he comes back. When the iqaamah is made, he runs away, then when the iqaamah ends, he comes back to distract a man from his prayer, saying, "Remember such and such," things that the man did not remember, until he does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed. If one of you does not know how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it is three or four, then let him do two prostrations whilst he is sitting."

Muslim (571) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: "The Messenger of Allah (saaws) said, 'If one of you is uncertain about his prayer and cannot remember how many rak’ahs he has prayed, whether it was three or four, then let him avoid doubt and act upon that of which he is certain, then let him do two prostrations before he says the salaam. Then if he prayed five rak’ahs then they will make his prayer even, and if he prayed four then that will annoy the Shaytaan."
thanks to the both of yous:thumbs_up:)

AnonymousPoster
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM

:sl:
definitely the shaytaan i been through that phase but out of it now alhamdulillah (am nt the original poster bytheway)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.