/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should a Person be Obligated to take a Medical Checkup Before Marriage?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Should a Person be Obligated to take a Medical Checkup Before Marriage?

Answered by Shaykh Mashhoor Hasan Salmaan

Question (no. 233): Should a person be obliged to take a medical checkup before marriage?

Life was simple and honesty was the premise in the first generation. It was never their policy to hide and not disclose faults. This is why when the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) asked to marry Umm Salamah, she said to the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), "Yaa Rasullullaah I am a woman prone to jealousy, I have dependents (children), I am old, and I cannot give birth." Thus, she clearly stated her faults. Hence the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said to her, "As for me, I am older than you. As for your jealousy, I will make du'aa to Allaah azza wa jal that He rids you of it, and as for the children, then (their care) is upon Allaah and His Messenger."’
Link...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Is that the whole article? I can't open pdf at the moment for some reasons.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-02-2008, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Is that the whole article? I can't open pdf at the moment for some reasons.
No, it's only a short extract. In short, it's not an obligation, and neither should it be made one. Although there maybe benefits at times, especially if there is a chance she may have enherited some hereditary disease, for example. But it is fine for a Muslim to place His trust in Allaah, and then have husnudh-dhan billaah (good thoughts of Allaah).

Umar001
05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
No, it's only a short extract. In short, it's not an obligation, and neither should it be made one. Although there maybe benefits at times, especially if there is a chance she may have enherited some hereditary disease, for example. But it is fine for a Muslim to place His trust in Allaah, and then have husnudh-dhan billaah (good thoughts of Allaah).
Oh, ok, Jazakumullahu khayr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
05-03-2008, 01:39 AM
this has nothing to do with islam, but since it is in the health and science section, i think it's a good idea nowadays for both to be tested to make sure they are HIV free, just to be sure.

Keltoi
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM
It is also good for the community as a whole that those seeking a marriage license are tested for HIV.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.