/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Wisdom Of Imam Abu Hanifah

Soulja Girl
05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
:sl:

Okay, in this thread I'll be posting short stories regarding the wisdom of Imam Abu Hanifah, from the book "The Wisdom Of Imam Abu Haneefah" by Maulana Ahmad Ali. :)

Here goes...

Buried Treasure

Hassan bin Ziyad relates that a man once buried his treasure and then forgot where he had buried it. He searched everywhere but could not find it. He decided to go and see Imam Abu Hanifah and related his problem. Imam Abu Hanifah advised him "This is not a problem of fiqh that I can solve. Go home and offer salat all night until you remember where you have buried it." Acting upon the Imam's advice he stood in prayer and less than a quarter of the night passed and he remembered where he had buried the treasure. The man then went and retrieved the treasure. The man then related the events to Imam Abu Hanifah who in turn said to the man, "I knew the devil would not let you pray all night until he himself would remind you. Only if you had prayed all night thanking Allah."

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
05-03-2008, 12:43 PM
that was just amazing, sis.

Khayal
05-03-2008, 04:19 PM

MashaAllaah, very beneficial start, jazaakAllaah khayr for sharing.

Soulja Girl
05-11-2008, 11:42 AM

The Atheists

It has been reported from Imam Abu Hanifah that he said he was like a sword on the atheists of his time. There were many of them and they had power and strength and were always looking for an opportunity to kill him. One day whilst he was sitting alone in the Masjid, a group of them pounced on him with knives and swords drawn and were just about to kill him when he said to them, "Take it easy just answer one question then you can do what you please." They agreed. He asked, "What do you say regarding a man who says I saw a ship, a vessel loaded with cargo, full with goods, in the depths of some ocean, being battered by gales and rough waves without a navigator, or anybody to take care of it. Despite this it proceeds taking its course. Is something like this possible even in the mind. They replied, "No, this is a thing that one's mind doesn't accept and one's imagination doesn't permit." Imam Abu Hanifah said, "Subhanallah if it is not possible in the mind for a ship to keep its course in these conditions without a navigator or a crew, then how is it possible for this world to carry on despite its ever fluctuating conditions and constantly changing affairs and activities without a creator or a care taker." They all began to cry and said, "You are right." They put away their swords and repented from their sins and error.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
05-11-2008, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
"I knew the devil would not let you pray all night until he himself would remind you. Only if you had prayed all night thanking Allah."

Of only he continiued to pray, his treasure in the hereafter would've been greater, AllahuAllom.

Soulja Girl
05-24-2008, 06:27 PM

Good Judgement

Muhammad bin Ali relates that a man happened to pass by Imam Abu Hanifah while he was sitting down. On seeing him the Imam said, "This man is a stranger, he has something sweet tucked under his sleeves and he is a teacher." We thus asked for this man. He said, "I am a teacher, not from these parts and I have some sultanas in my sleeves." We asked the Imam how he knew this. He replied, "When I saw him looking at the small children and carefully looking left and right, I realised that he was a teacher and a stranger, and when I saw the flies entering his sleeves I realised there was something sweet there."

Khayal
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Nice, jazaakAllaah khayr.

Soulja Girl
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM

I hope I'm a believer

Ubaidullah ar Rasafi relates that we were with Atah bin abi Rabah when Imam Abu Hanifah imposed a question on some man. He asked him, "Are you a Mu'min (believer)?" He replied, "I hope I'm a believer." Imam Abu Hanifah said, "Is this what you will say when Munkar and Nakir question you in the grave? That I hope I am a believer." The man understood and then repented.

Güven
06-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Subhanallah, Jazakallaah Khair Sis :)

x-strawberry-x
10-30-2008, 09:10 PM
kool that is so like....i cant explain but subhanallah.what is the moral of this story?
is it that this world is just a test and your real life starts in the hereafter??

Afifa
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
:bump1:
great stories :thumbs_up

aysegul
11-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I liked this part very much: ) ı knew the first one.But ı have never heard the other ones.

thanks for share.
MAY ALLAH BE PLEASED WİTH YOU...

Soulja Girl
11-02-2008, 05:13 PM

I forgot about this thread... :X Thanx for the bump! :D

So here goes! *cough* :p

Chief Justice

Kharija bin Musab relates that the Khalif, Abu Ja'far invited Imam Abu Hanifah to make him the Chief Justice (Qadi) but he refused and thus was imprisoned for a few days. The Khalif called him once again, and questioned him "Oh Abu Hanifah, why is it that you do not accept our work, dislike it and turn away from it, though those who were better than you have done the same type of work (become Qadi)?. Imam Abu Hanifah replied "I am not fit to be the Chief Justice." "You are a liar," he replied. Imam Abu Hanifah then said, "Allahu Akbar the commander of the faithful has just decided that I am not suitable and fit to be Chief Justice." The Ameer acked, "How?" Imam Abu Hanifah replied, "Because if I am a liar, then a liar is not fit to be the Chief Justice, and if I'm honest and right (like I said I am really not fit to be the Chief Justice) then the excuse is evident." :)

barney
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Thats a handy thing if you forget your keys or cashcard too!

Soulja Girl
11-15-2008, 06:56 PM

Freed by Abu Hanifah

Imam Abu Hanifah narrates that " a man came to me and told me that his sister had just dies, who was pregnant but the child was still moving inside her. I said to him, "Go and cut her stomach, and take the child out." He went, and acted upon what I had said to him. He came to me once again after 7 years with a child and asked whether I recognised him. I replied "No." He said, "This is he, whom regarding you told me to cut his mother's stomach and take him out. I took him and named him Mowla Abu Hanifah (one who is freed by Abu Hanifah).

Amat Allah
12-22-2008, 05:14 AM
what amazing beautiful stories honey mashaa Allah I realy loved them Jazaki Allaho Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeeen

please give us more ....^^

Tilmeez
12-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Mashallah Nice thread...
This reminds me of his witty response to a stranger, i read somewhere.
As Imam was sitting in his home and someone knocked at the door. He himself opened the door. The stranger asked, "Is Abu Hanifa in the home?" He moved a step or two forward and replied, "No! Only a moment ago he was in home."

Khalid Saifullah
04-20-2016, 05:33 PM
" If I were to backbite anyone,
I would backbite my mother
so that she may acquire my
rewards on the day of
Judgement."
I.e. Backbiting anyone bankrupts one of one's good deeds and should never be done, and the only person deserving of your hard earned good deeds in this world is ones own mother.
-- Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahmatullah alayh )

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.