/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is he allowed to do this.....plz help

mutlib
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
:sl:
I have a friend and he is muslim,
he allows a non-muslim to drink & eat out of his glass & plate and then he also drinks out of same glass that non-muslim had drank out of. i would like to know punishment for this behaviour,or is it allowed to share food with non-muslim like he does.
waiting for reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nadia85
05-03-2008, 02:36 PM
That is a intresting question that I myself have often wonderd personal I dont feel comftorable wit it ,but I am not sure If it s allowed or not

Umar001
05-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam,

Please post in the right place.

MustafaMc
05-03-2008, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mutlib
:sl:
I have a friend and he is muslim,
he allows a non-muslim to drink & eat out of his glass & plate and then he also drinks out of same glass that non-muslim had drank out of. i would like to know punishment for this behaviour,or is it allowed to share food with non-muslim like he does.
waiting for reply
I have never read or heard anything to support this attitude. Non-muslims are not "unclean animals" in the sense that dogs and pigs are. We don't have this sense of "untouchables" like in Hinduism. As long as the food (pork, blood, non-zabiha meat, etc) or drink (alcohol, blood, etc) are not themselves forbidden why would it be wrong other than for hygenic reasons?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
05-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I agree with my dear brother MustafaMc

I don`t think that eating with non muslims is verboten ...

Mikayeel
05-03-2008, 03:37 PM
:w:

Rather unusual question :S, u have even gone as far as asking for the punishment for an action like that. I first thought u asked if he'd drank alcohol and he had to drink from the same glass......

crayon
05-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I've shared a sandwich/drink/etc. with non muslim friends before, I don't see why it would be wrong.. Strange question.. I'd be interested in knowing about this, though.

Umar001
05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok, ok, I'll look in a fiqh book by Shaykh Al Fowzan I thought someone would have had an article about this.

I'll type it out if I need to.

Umar001
05-03-2008, 04:53 PM
In his book, our teacher, our scholar, our shaykh states, In chapter 2 entitled Disbleivers' Pots and Clothespg 15:

Pots could be made of iron, wood, leather or the like. The original ruling is the permissibility of using such pots. That is to say, it is permissible to use every pure pot, except two types:

He writes pots of gold and silver, or having anything related to gold and silver and gives evidences. And talks about pots and stuff partially made of gold and silver.

And keeps talking about that a paragraph or so...saying that it is prohibited for females and males etc..

Then he states:

On the other hand, it is permissible to use the utensils of disbleivers unless one knows that they are impure. In this case, one can use them only after washing them.

Then he goes onto the second thing, which is the hide of dead animals.

After that he states:

As for the clothes of disbelievers, it is permissible to wear them unless they are known to be impure. This is because the original ruling on their clothes is that they are pure, and they cannot be deemed impure out of mere suspicion. Likewise, it is permissible to use whatever is weaved or dyed by the disbelievers, for the Prophet (PBUH) and his Companions used to wear clothes weaved and dyed by disbelievers. And Allah, Exalted be He, knows best.

I am only writing this because it is in a book for people who want to lear basic fiqh. The book is called A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence and the above is in volume 1.

crayon
05-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Jazaka Allahu Khair, brother, thanks for typing it all out!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.