/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thought and questions concerning Islam, (long)

VortexPL
05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Greetings everyone.

As I have stated in my intro post, I have some comments and questions regarding Islam and muslims, and welcome any questions regarding Catholicism.

(NOTE: I am not trying to make any generalized or biased statements, and definetly not trying to insult. Im still in the learning phase, so please correct me where I error, thanks :)

First, my general thoughts.

In and of itself, I see Islam as a beautiful thing. The relationship between God and Prophet is clearly stated and what He wants from us is written in a clear and decisive way. Muslim communities are harmonious where I live and no one seems to be caught up in materialistic gains. Everyone I have met or served in my store is always friendly and keen to talk. Christians and Muslims get along quite well in my town and its all good.

Prior to sept 11, I had virtually no knowledge of Islam, or even thought I have Muslims in my school. Luckily, I met one who was an Indonesian, and I learned a lot from him. We became good friends, though I never saw him after I graduated :(

I was very ignorant on what Islam pertained to, until my school's history course gave a basic pretext on what it was and who practiced it. I am simply amazed by the fact that Muslims across the globe can share the same religion, and how it unified the Mideast, and North Africa.

The city of Mecca is what I see as the perfect microcosm of life all over the world. For those that have been, what is it like? It must be really cool to meet people from all sorts of social strata around the globe with the same unified intent. Remarkable.

Another thing that I truly admire as it parallel's my own culture is the care of elders. In Poland, parents stayed with their children long after they turned 18, yet here in the US you are stigmitized for living with mommy or daddy, even though my mother cannot live on her own.

Now comes the questions :D

NOTE: These are questions asked by friends and family, as well as my own, and these are things pertaining to the Islamic world that I dont seem to be able to get a straight answer for.

1.) How does Islamic clergy work, specifically the Imams, of thats what you call them?

2.) How do Muslims view the previous pope, Pope John Paul II? (personal I know, but what you or your parents say?)

3.) When Pope Benedict the 16th made those misinterpreted comments regarding Islam, the Muslim world literally boiled. Why is it that when Osama bin Laden, who clearly tramples over Islam, makes a speech or threat, do Muslims not openly protest in the same manner?

Ok, those were the big political questions, now for some fun ones :D

4.)PS3 or Xbox 360 ^_^?

5.) Though the mideast generally condemns Western immorality, they love soccer and their sports, isnt that kind of a double standard, since alcohol and other things are advertised in it?

6.) Cake or Pie? :D

Now the last and final one, and the most important to me personally

7.) Can Muslims and Christians respect each other without forcing each other's views on each other?

Thats it for now, please question me about Catholicism or the US, we need dialogue here people :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
*Thread moved*

Na7lah
05-03-2008, 11:00 PM
7.) Can Muslims and Christians respect each other without forcing each other's views on each other?
yes

6.) Cake or Pie?
cake please :D

جوري
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by VortexPL
Greetings everyone.
welcome aboard and forgive in advance my ultra abridged reply... it is sunday after all :D

Now comes the questions :D

NOTE: These are questions asked by friends and family, as well as my own, and these are things pertaining to the Islamic world that I dont seem to be able to get a straight answer for.

1.) How does Islamic clergy work, specifically the Imams, of thats what you call them?
Imams head and prayer and some of them are very scholarly so you might seek their counsel on matters pertaining to religion that you don't know the answer to...
On the authority of Al-Numan bin Basheer, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart."

narrated by Bukhari and Muslim

2.) How do Muslims view the previous pope, Pope John Paul II? (personal I know, but what you or your parents say?)
I personally liked him much more than this new guy.. he seemed like a gentle soul!

3.) When Pope Benedict the 16th made those misinterpreted comments regarding Islam, the Muslim world literally boiled. Why is it that when Osama bin Laden, who clearly tramples over Islam, makes a speech or threat, do Muslims not openly protest in the same manner?
Many of us believe that the so-called usama tapes are fabricated by U.S govt.
Ok, those were the big political questions, now for some fun ones :D

4.)PS3 or Xbox 360 ^_^?
xbox but I don't have either :raging:

5.) Though the mideast generally condemns Western immorality, they love soccer and their sports, isnt that kind of a double standard, since alcohol and other things are advertised in it?
sports has nothing to do with immorality.. see above hadith I quoted, especially when playing sports :wink:

6.) Cake or Pie? :D
depends on my mood

Now the last and final one, and the most important to me personally

Only in real life, but never on forums, the anonymity affords one ample room for crticism.. kidddddddddddding.. sure I don't see why not?

Thats it for now, please question me about Catholicism or the US, we need dialogue here people :D
I personally went to catholic school, so I have no questions, except, why did Russia sell all those paintings to the national gallery in DC for a lousy 8 million?

cheers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:36 PM
PS3 or Xbox 360
xbox 360 by faar

Cake or Pie?
*thinks.....*
darn cant choose......pie?

Can Muslims and Christians respect each other without forcing each other's views on each other?
YES! YES YES YES YES! they can, they can, BUT most of them don't. most of them can't accept it, they can and there is nothing wrong with it, but some are too ignorant. and im not only talking about the christians...coughcough. there is some good christians who want peace and all that with the muslims and they can accept others religion, and then there is the ones who CAN'T, they can't accept it, they hav to do war or something to make violence....and same thing with muslims, but these muslims abuse islam, they obviously didn't practice islam too good. they abuse it and non muslims see islam unpeaceful. islam is a peaceful religion. Learn from the religion islam, not from the muslims.

Oh and welcome
and LOOOL how the questions just Flipped LOL !
And jazakallah khair brother
WaSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.