/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losin/No faith???

truemuslim
05-04-2008, 01:22 AM
:sl:

Ook i kno by my recent threads all these "clues" lead to something bad but no dont fink that plz coz they dont .

Ok, when you feel....doubt...or something...that allah dont like u er somthing...and that feeling only came after u found out something is haram?...and that thing u do thats haram is hard to quit and u KNO its haram yet u continue to do it wit no shame...at all...:-[...and yet ur dua's are still answered everytime and u still feel like this? and u bein pressured by others and pushed by others and feel doubt and left out (oh that rhymed lol) and start feeling like it aint haram and stuff because of wut others say and because ther isnt much for u to kno so that u believe...??and things get worse and u fink its coz this reason??...

i kno u must be like so confused right now...read it 3 more times...trust me it works!

Wasalaam

and yes this is very embarassing...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asper
05-04-2008, 02:59 AM
:salamext:

Subhan'Allah, I know exactly how you feel sister. It's best for you to seek knowledge and guidance from a fellow muslim so that you can educate yourself about the things your ignorant of. And for the things that you DO know of, but find yourself striving to let go of because they are haram, yet you find such pleasure in them, remember that avoiding these things is ordained by Allah subhana wa ta'ala. You must do your best to avoid them and seek refuge in him from the cursed shaytan. You must disregard what others think about what is haram and what is halal. Especially the misguided and the kuffar =p

But sister, don't beat yourself up. While yes, we all have the ability to reject that which is forbidden to us insha'Allah, and yes, it is sad and widdles away at your faith when you feel you have failed Allah subhana wa ta'ala.
you must remember that he knows we have our shortcomings and weaknesses. He ta'ala is most forgiving and merciful and insha'Allah will forgive you for whatever it is you have done.

Rather than sit in despair, take the time to surround yourself around those who value Islam and the deen and have strong iman. If your local masjid normally has a place, or accommodates for sisters to perform salah in jammat, do so! It can be so much more lifting that doing it at home =)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-04-2008, 03:02 AM
:w:

^^I agree! MashaAllah.

Sister I can totally relate...and I'm sure a lot of us can too. Remember that Allah Ta'ala loves more the believer that has a reason to repent! He loves it when we turn to Him. So InshaAllah, don't lose hope. It's really just shaytaan whispering to you. You haven't failed since we can see this is something your concerned about. Just make a lot of du'a for guidance and surround yourself with good Muslims, like the brother said, and anything Islamic InshaAllah :) If you want to talk, I'm here! :p

Love ya Fisabilillah sis :)

arabianprincess
05-04-2008, 03:09 AM
yeah i guess im going through the same thing... im losin my faith................................ i mean it started since the day i got obessed with music... etcccccccccccccccc n now u come to a point u dont care which is sad.... but i wont give uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp i will change n then i can call my self a real muslim.. inshallah im on my WAY :D:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-04-2008, 03:09 AM
^^InshaAllah :D Hey me and you in the same boat sis...well better now!:p

truemuslim
05-04-2008, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asper

Subhan'Allah, I know exactly how you feel sister. It's best for you to seek knowledge and guidance from a fellow muslim so that you can educate yourself about the things your ignorant of. And for the things that you DO know of, but find yourself striving to let go of because they are haram, yet you find such pleasure in them, remember that avoiding these things is ordained by Allah subhana wa ta'ala. You must do your best to avoid them and seek refuge in him from the cursed shaytan. You must disregard what others think about what is haram and what is halal. Especially the misguided and the kuffar =p

But sister, don't beat yourself up. While yes, we all have the ability to reject that which is forbidden to us insha'Allah, and yes, it is sad and widdles away at your faith when you feel you have failed Allah subhana wa ta'ala.
you must remember that he knows we have our shortcomings and weaknesses. He ta'ala is most forgiving and merciful and insha'Allah will forgive you for whatever it is you have done.

Rather than sit in despair, take the time to surround yourself around those who value Islam and the deen and have strong iman. If your local masjid normally has a place, or accommodates for sisters to perform salah in jammat, do so! It can be so much more lifting that doing it at home =)
your post made me smile :statisfie
Jazakallah khair
Thank u
and also i would just like to say...the masjid here is horrible...sad to say...it mite actually bring down my faith with all the types of people that go to it...:cry:
But Jazakallah khair and jannah bro

and u too Jazzy and Princess

:)
and also... i don't do any sins that i KNOW of except this one...and im sure everyone on this forum knows which one that is..from my threads before...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Hmmm I don't think I know. But it's probably best I didn't InshaAllah. Let it be known to Allah only and try to refrain from it InshaAllah, cause He will conceal it for you :)

Umar001
05-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I dont know if I read it wrong, but, dont think that if your prayers and being answered and other things that you are safe and all. Or that you can carry on in sin.

You know, sometimes you see a farmer feeding his goats, and he feeds one loads and loads, and the others he deprives, so some think 'Oh he must love that goat' but the reason he feeds that particular one is cos he is going to slaughter it.

Got that from a video :)

teen-omar
05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
sallam lol al habeshi
i liked that example, it made me laugh (btw which video is it)
wassalam

glo
05-04-2008, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
You know, sometimes you see a farmer feeding his goats, and he feeds one loads and loads, and the others he deprives, so some think 'Oh he must love that goat' but the reason he feeds that particular one is cos he is going to slaughter it.
Sometimes I read something which really highlights to me how very different the Islamic teaching is from the Christian one in some respects.
This is one of those occasions ...

Where is the mercy of Allah in this message? Where is his patience and his forgiveness for those who repent?

Perhaps Allah continues to hear the prayers of one who is struggling to free him/herself from sinful behaviour, because he is patient and mercyful?

teen-omar
05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Sallam
Allah is putting us all through test which vary from person to person, so it's not righ tto say that he is not merciful (staghferallah)
Allah knows best, and that is why he puts people through test, in order to see how they react to them, whether they lose faith or if their faith becomes stronger
inshallah that answered a bit of your questions glo
wassalam

Souljette
05-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Ye true muslim i know what problem you have...and we have all had the same problem or a little different to that. and we try to stay away from it...Don't wrry lil sis we all go through this and inshallah we have to be strong enough to conquer it

Umar001
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Sometimes I read something which really highlights to me how very different the Islamic teaching is from the Christian one in some respects.

Where is the mercy of Allah in this message? Where is his patience and his forgiveness for those who repent?

Perhaps Allah continues to hear the prayers of one who is struggling to free him/herself from sinful behaviour, because he is patient and mercyful?
I think it is because you don't understand the context, for example, you do understand that there will be a hell with gnawing of teeth and so forth, where people will be thrown in the lake of sulphur and recieve torment day and night?

Is it then for me to ask you, how can you believe in God's mercy and patience and forgiveness? If someone repents they get forgiven insha'Allah. But the example was not of a person who repented, rather, it was of someone who doesn't, erm maybe like satan?

Yes, God is all those things, but he is also just and all the other things, look at it like you would as a Christian.

Snowflake
05-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Perhaps Allah continues to hear the prayers of one who is struggling to free him/herself from sinful behaviour, because he is patient and mercyful.
Greetings Glo,

I can so relate to what you said at the end. There was a time (may Allah forgive me) when I'd only pray occasionally. Even though my heart was full of love for Allah, I didn't understand the importance of prayer. Then one morning
*feels so much shame saying this* I happened to wake up at Fajr time. My first thought was I should pray. My second was it's too cold to get out of bed!

Nevertheless, I had a little chat with Allah and apologised, then fell asleep again. I dreamt that I'm driving along a road in a residential area. The sun is shining and I have the window down. Two rose bushes catch my attention in someone's front garden. I stop my car to take a better look at what made them grab my attention. Then I notice that the branches of one bush have grown and shapened themselves into the word Allah in arabic. I was blown away and decided to ask the people who lived there if they knew of it. In short they did. And then I woke up.

Upon waking I was overwhelmed by my dream. Strange as it seems I felt peaceful and calm. I could feel in my bones that Allah was being patient with me and giving me time to mend my ways because he knew my heart was clean and that I loved him. It was like a personal message - as if He was saying "Don't worry." It made me even more determined to be a better muslim as I thought that despite my faults Allah is so kind to me, so I must make more of an effort.

Yes Allah is even Kind and Merciful when we are far from doing what pleases Him - as long as we love Him and our hearts are clean.

peace :)

glo
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Yes Allah is even Kind and Merciful when we are far from doing what pleases Him - as long as we love Him and our hearts are clean.
Amen to that, sister. :)
God is truly great!
Knowing that should make us all the more eager to seek him, love him, serve him and please him ... Inshallah! :statisfie

------
05-04-2008, 04:07 PM

No offence, but from what I deduced, the first post refers to listening to music?

Snowflake
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
^Glo and myself are just saying that Allah is Kind and Merciful despite our faults. If he accepts our prayers even when we are 'bad' it doesn't necessarily mean 'He is fattening us up to slaughter us later' as bro Habeshi put it.

Glo: Amen to that, sister.
God is truly great!
Knowing that should make us all the more eager to seek him, love him, serve him and please him ... Inshallah!
True and InshaAllah Glo I have a feeling you will revert one of these days inshaAllah ;D

glo
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
True and InshaAllah Glo I have a feeling you will revert one of these days inshaAllah ;D
I already promised brother Mustafa that he'd be the first to know, should ever I decide to revert ... but I promise you'll be a very close second, Sis! :D

Inshallah God will guide me in his wisdom. :)

Snowflake
05-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Awww mashaAllah. I shall be most honoured to be second. May that day come soon inshaAllah (((hugz))) :)

Intisar
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
:sl: Me too sis, I really hope that she does, she has such a pure and clean heart mashaa Allaah. May Allaah guide you glo. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-04-2008, 11:42 PM
^^InshaAllah Ameen!

I want to know too! :D After Muslimah sis :p

glo
05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
You girls make me laugh!
I didn't say I was going to revert, or even thinking about it ... but you can always form an orderly queue. :D

Anyway, we are hijacking true muslim's thread - sorry! :-[

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I dont know if I read it wrong, but, dont think that if your prayers and being answered and other things that you are safe and all. Or that you can carry on in sin.

Got that from a video :)
:scared: !!! OMG does that mean allah will slaugher me?!?!?!?!??!? I would rather do it to me than him doing it to me!! ok i wouldnt... and i was kiddin..i think....i get wut u meant. i thnk
Jazakallah khair

format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Ye true muslim i know what problem you have...and we have all had the same problem or a little different to that. and we try to stay away from it...Don't wrry lil sis we all go through this and inshallah we have to be strong enough to conquer it

format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

No offence, but from what I deduced, the first post refers to listening to music?

SHhhhhhh....:-[

You girls make me laugh!
I didn't say I was going to revert, or even thinking about it ... but you can always form an orderly queue. :D

Anyway, we are hijacking true muslim's thread - sorry! :-[
dont worry sis u sisters make me laff...

and @ others jazakallah khair evryone...

bbut....:cry:
see....thers....:laugh: (pretend thats crying this time...)
ok i cant get teh words out lemme juss rap it er somthin...

Ok, see this is how it appears
my eyes are full of tears
im losin ma faith some say it would be pressur frm ma peers
but i kno it aint coz its been fine all these years
until my heart became full of fears
my name means pure but i dont think i am too clear

and everytime i try to enjoy something
i kno its only a moment
it will soon fade away and become nothin but a memory
is it a punishment from allah? to not enjoy anymore?
my heart hurts it feels so sore
and i kno it never was like this before (before november 23 '07)
i gess i lost my faith, i aint got it anymore...:cry:

i hope that was able to let u understand better than i would explain when i talk it...or type it...sorry.
and sorry for mispellin anything coz i cant type right now...too shaky...to painy...

WaSalaam

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh and yes allah does answer my duas and prayers..if he didnt i wouldnt be back on this forum and more other stuff...but i dont deserve it...i really dont

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 01:47 AM

^^well i suppose it because He knows your intentions and how true you are from your heart about being a Muslim, Alhamdulillah. Allah Ta'ala will always be there for u because you turn to Him :) So dont lose hope sis! Allah(swt) knows we fall short and make mistakes, thats why he has opened so many doors of forgiveness for us, MashaAllah :) And he loves us more for turning to Him with sincerity, no matter what the reason.

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 02:04 AM
I feel no matter what i do its not good enough, no matter how much dua they wont be answered...(hope ur not confused) before i used to think about judgement day and not care much coz i kno i didnt sin or anything but now i kno im old enough to be sinning and i kno music is haram. i kno allah loves everyone but i dont feel he loves me. i feel like no matter what i try to do or enjoy like today we went to a restaraunt and everyone is all happy and im all normal...thinkin...how this is only limited...how we will only go for about an hour so why would i try to enjoy it...soon it will fade away and only be a memory...or like when we go to six flags here... my brothers are all excited and i am too but i cant ever enjoy it, im smiling and happy and laughin but i cant really enjoy it. i feel its gonna end any momentand turn into a memory and other times i feel like i dont deserve it. and then we finish enjoying that thing and i tell myself, "see its all a memory now, what have i done with it, and what can i do with a memory" . i feel this is a punishment from allah ,making me not able to enjoy anything. and this is also a problem wit the music. i lissen over and over and over and astaghfirallah, and i say "oh this aint gna last lets just replay em all, keep em comin, doesnt matter everyone does it, allah isnt punishing me..just do it now and ask for forgivness" its a feeling i cant explain

and better yet i cant talk to no one about it..only u guys...

oh hold on...watery...
i dunno why

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 02:05 AM
no matter how much i go no matter how much i do i cant feel like im good enough.and i feel u people will only say its peer pressure, its emotional its bla bla bla, and give hadiths and ayat, and saythings like that but i kno all that and i kno its non of that... ...

just translating my poem up ther.

ive been holding all this back, i tried i really did, but i just cant anymore i feel all of you on the forum are all better, all sinless, all good and islamic, but im one of the non muslims...and please dont say anything bout emotional crap plz.

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Sometimes i start thinking.
And i think about life, and god.
i start thinking like an athiest tho.
and i hate myself for that.
i think.... i wonder what was before god. and i get feelings of death in me.
and i feel like i am dead already
and i think beyond death.
i think about adam and eve, i think about god, and how he can understand everything right now.
but why he hasn't answered my one dua i have been making since i joined here (nov. 23 '07) and how he has answered other duas
and how he answers everyone elses
and i experience too much deja vu ... but i dont care much

and this "its all going to fade away soon and become nothing but a memory" feeling may sound good sometimes to realize how life is, and how life is just a test, but its not good when it stops me from doing everything in life. i dont want to enjoy half the things i used to. even basketball... i loved it. but now its just a lil bit of interest. i used to be obsessed. but now i barely play it. i kno its just gonna be a memory of me playing it two minutes ago. and i think what benifit have i gained from it?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
:sl: Oh sis :( You making me sad now >.< Trust me...none of us are sinless....subhanAllah we all make mistakes and what matters is admitting it and trying to please Allah. Allah Ta'ala knows your doing that InshaAllah. Don't pressure yourself so much, itll only depress you more. When I get the urge for music, I just put nasheeds on or put the Quran on. whatever music u have sis, just get rid of it. cause if its there in front of u or on ur computer or anywhere else...youll be tempted to listen to it. Just do it step by step InshaAllah.

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 03:47 AM
truemuslim,
you are being way way too hard on yourself!!! you yourself said that you do everything else - pray, read qur'an etc etc - it is only this one thing that you don't have the strength right now to let go of.
do you think god expects you to be perfect - a saint? you sound like a good muslim to me. do you think other muslims here don't do stuff they shouldn't too - that you're the only one?
i suggest that while you are feeling this confused, don't even try to give it up. give yourself some slack. you are focusing on it too much, and it isn't helping at all.
you are having all kinds of thoughts, doubts and fears and you're driving yourself crazy with this stuff! (yeah, i've done it too - we probably all have) being a teenager is hard at best, because you're going through so many changes, both physically and psychologically. it's perfectly normal to question, especially for a person as intelligent as you are - it doesn't mean you're going to turn in to an atheist or anything!
your thoughts about the futility of everything (because it is all temporary and fleeting) sound like the thinking a person goes through when they are depressed - everything seems pointless. if this persists, you may be suffering from depression - it can make you think all kinds of crazy thoughts. a lot of depression is physical in origin and can be treated.
most of all, remember - the first attribute of god in the qur'an is what? mercy!!!! for heaven's sake, be gentle with yourself!

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
truemuslim,
you are being way way too hard on yourself!!! you yourself said that you do everything else - pray, read qur'an etc etc - it is only this one thing that you don't have the strength right now to let go of.
do you think god expects you to be perfect - a saint? you sound like a good muslim to me. do you think other muslims here don't do stuff they shouldn't too - that you're the only one?
i suggest that while you are feeling this confused, don't even try to give it up. give yourself some slack. you are focusing on it too much, and it isn't helping at all.
you are having all kinds of thoughts, doubts and fears and you're driving yourself crazy with this stuff! (yeah, i've done it too - we probably all have) being a teenager is hard at best, because you're going through so many changes, both physically and psychologically. it's perfectly normal to question, especially for a person as intelligent as you are - it doesn't mean you're going to turn in to an atheist or anything!
your thoughts about the futility of everything (because it is all temporary and fleeting) sound like the thinking a person goes through when they are depressed - everything seems pointless. if this persists, you may be suffering from depression - it can make you think all kinds of crazy thoughts. a lot of depression is physical in origin and can be treated.
most of all, remember - the first attribute of god in the qur'an is what? mercy!!!! for heaven's sake, be gentle with yourself!
*sigh*
see?????? u people say its depression, emotional crap, or peer pressur
its not
allah forgives if the person DOESNT do the sin again
and feels shame
i dont feel shame
and i continue it
and i only started feeling this way when i joined this forum and found out music is haram
i didnt even kno bout the "lowering gazE" thing...i dont care tho...i dont do it :D
i kno i dont sin any but music. and its so hard to quit. and i kno im not forgiven......well im pretty sure...
and i feel i dont even deserve the name "truemuslim" . yet i use it everywhere...online..

oh and jazakallah khair sis

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Oh comeon sis....your not in depression! Your just worried about the music deal. Like I said, take it step by step, nothing is overnight, trust me on that. I gave up music for monthhssssssssssss starting from Ramadhan and then i slacked back into it recently. And I did all that I told you and im doing it again InshaAllah. It helps, for me at least. Im sure itll help you too. I thought like u did too sis. I figured oh this a nasheed(with music), no bad words, good message. But I knew it wasnt right. So you just need to take it slowly. Get rid of anything with instruments sis, slowly. Then take it from there InshaAllah.

I figure you use that name because its how you feel inside and want to live up too. Basically you have a burning flame of iman in your heart, MashaAllah. I can tell, because thats how I feel too.

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Oh comeon sis....your not in depression! Your just worried about the music deal. Like I said, take it step by step, nothing is overnight, trust me on that. I gave up music for monthhssssssssssss starting from Ramadhan and then i slacked back into it recently. And I did all that I told you and im doing it again InshaAllah. It helps, for me at least. Im sure itll help you too. I thought like u did too sis. I figured oh this a nasheed(with music), no bad words, good message. But I knew it wasnt right. So you just need to take it slowly. Get rid of anything with instruments sis, slowly. Then take it from there InshaAllah.
its too hard sis. i try but cant. its takin over everything. and my whole family lissens to music and i cant talk to them bout nothin . they dont kno any of this and they...wont kno any of this and its better they dont kno any of this. the songs i lissen to are the most islamic that contain music...instruments
but the thing is it makes me think too much and makes me not want to do anything. i used to want judgement day to hurry up...(u can even see that in my past posts!!) but now i realized im sinful!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 04:04 AM
See sis, cause you say you can't, then u already have it set in mind that you won't or can't do it at all. Don't think like that. I know the feeling that your describing. Making the same mistake over and over. Asking Allah to forgive me yet I do it again. Even if I stop for a bit, I fall back into that. Sis, it's not just you. Don't lower yourself like that. First step is realizing what ur doing(which u've done a lot..) and then making an effort InshaAllah, anyway u can(correct way).

'When Allah Ta'ala wishes good for a person, then he becomes afflicted with sickness (or hardship).' Sahih Bukhaari

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 04:12 AM
you do realize that not all islamic scholars think music is haram, don't you? (don't jump on me, everybody!)
again, i think while you're feeling so horrible about all this, stop trying to give it up for a while - and when you're feeling stronger, if you still think it's wrong, try again. just put it on hold before you drive yourself nuts!

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 04:35 AM
See sis, cause you say you can't, then u already have it set in mind that you won't or can't do it at all. Don't think like that. I know the feeling that your describing. Making the same mistake over and over. Asking Allah to forgive me yet I do it again. Even if I stop for a bit, I fall back into that. Sis, it's not just you. Don't lower yourself like that. First step is realizing what ur doing(which u've done a lot..) and then making an effort InshaAllah, anyway u can(correct way).
:) inshallah

you do realize that not all islamic scholars think music is haram, don't you? (don't jump on me, everybody!)
again, i think while you're feeling so horrible about all this, stop trying to give it up for a while - and when you're feeling stronger, if you still think it's wrong, try again. just put it on hold before you drive yourself nuts!

but the thing is KNOWING its haram just doesnt make anything normal.
And its not just the music
its my whole faith
my imaan is all falling.
im not sure if it really is but i FEEL like it is.
this feeling i cant explain...

well except in the poem :D

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 04:38 AM
there are times when your faith is stronger and times when it is weaker. it doesn't mean you're a bad person!

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 04:39 AM
there are times when your faith is stronger and times when it is weaker. it doesn't mean you're a bad person!
my faith is always weak tho.

BlackMamba
05-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Music sucks, I'll take qirat over it ANY day. Saad al-Ghamdi, Sudais, Shuraim > Music. Just listen to Quran.

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
but you yourself said
and i only started feeling this way when i joined this forum and found out music is haram
so it all goes back to the music. again, i think you should put it on hold for now until you feel stronger. it is not universally agreed in islam that all music is haram regardless of content.
you are a good muslim in every other way - stop beating yourself up because you're not a 100% perfect muslim. i'm sure you're not the only one.

Eric H
05-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Greetings and peace be with you truemuslim;
my faith is always weak tho
Faith is a journey always one day at a time, right up until our death, as a teenager it can seem overwhelming to think you might have another eighty years of struggle ahead. Is this 'jihad'

It sounds like music is something you are going to have to struggle with all your life. Feeling guilty is something you are going to have to struggle with all your life. And it sounds like lots of other Muslims give you a hard time, and you will struggle with that through your life.

Truthfully, none of us are really worthy of salvation by our own efforts, we are all weak and sinful in some way.

Somehow your faith in a loving and merciful God has to be stronger than the despair you feel from your own weakness. Some how you need to find faith in a loving and merciful God today, and tomorrow, always one day at a time.

If you can forgive and be merciful and understanding towards the Muslims who have given you a hard time, you might then come to understand how God can be merciful to you, when you give him a hard time.

In the spirit of searching for a loving and merciful God.

Eric

Snowflake
05-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Eric H:Truthfully, none of us are really worthy of salvation by our own efforts, we are all weak and sinful in some way.
Greetings Eric,

Very well put. We all are dependant upon the mercy of our Creator and should never give up hoping for His forgiveness.

Originally Posted by truemuslim
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sis, you said you do not feel shame in listening to music. Yet look how worried you are about not being a good muslim because of it. So it isn't as if you are whole-heartedly enjoying something that's forbidden. Allah swt knows you inside out; your strengths, weaknesses, feelings, emotions are all in His awareness. He also knows how you're beating yourself up on LI about it.Then since He has the power to know the unseen, He also has the power to guide you and forgive you. Try asking. If he wills, He can remove the love of music from your heart. And that way you won't miss it - because you won't enjoy it anymore. :P

Anyway sis, there is no such thing as a 'perfect muslim'. If we did not sin and needed not the forgiveness of Allah, we'd never come to know the blessings of His mercy.

Just think, your 'sin' could've been worse. You could be listening to music in clubs/parties etc. But no! You're listening in your own home. So it isn't exactly the worse thing to be doing. Read my earlier post. I used to be such a cheeky lil so and so. I used to think, "Ahhh, I don't need to pray 5 times a day, cuz I'm thinking of Allah all the time, whereas praying is thinking about Him 5 times a day." astagfirullah! But did Allah punish me? Instead he gave me understanding of Islam. As the Prophet (PBUH) said, "When Allah wants to go good for a person, He makes him understand the religion." Why did He bless me with understanding instead of punishing me? Because He knew what was in my heart. Heck, I can't explain even in my pre-islamic days how much I loved Allah, just saying it bring tears to my eyes. That is what Allah sees in us. He guides those who love Him. Then why fear sis?

If you can, try to cut down listening to music. If you can't, have faith that as long as you ask and love Allah, He will guide you. It doesn't happen overnight sis. It'll be like walking through a maze with a blindfold. But you know what? When it does happen inshaAllah, it won't matter if you can see or not - Allah will be guiding you through the maze of fitnah by His Hands on your shoulders. Like a person with sight guides a blindperson through a forest - with care. Never give up hope in Allah's mercy. He isn't angry with our every little fault as some like to think. NO rather He is Merciful and wants to be Merciful to His creations. I say ask Him while the offer's on. :D

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

what did I write that it got so long lol?! :rollseyes

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
what did I write that it got so long lol?! :rolleyes:
something worth reading.
jazakallah khair sis

and jazakallah khair bro Eric

it just doesnt seem easy tho. or hard. it seems more impossible. and i said its not JUST the music. music only starts hell...then the rest finishes...

Souljette
05-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Hunz u can do it ..derez no can't in dis life..ALlah doesn't give you something you can't handle....Jst stop..literally ...whn u wanna listen to it..click on a nasheed...think of sum else u wanna do..go out..stuff like dat...ye it will cum bak at timez bt jst try to make yourself stop..i'm tryin too..i stopeed nd den i strted nd i stoped nd den i started nd i quit couple months ago nd inshallah i iwll stick wit it but I'm trying you know and Allah (S.W.T) knows you..i know how you feel bcuz i feel that way about couple things I'm doin and i also feel every1 here is so good and luk at me..i'm so badd..i feel dis way exactly but we cant' jst moan abt it..we gotta try to come up to that post inshallah too..these sisters nd brothers dint jst do it in one day..they studied and read and tried and that's wht matterzz...Inshallah everything will be ok

Snowflake
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

It might seem impossible sis, but it isn't. I'm talking from experience here :P
I didn't just love music, I grew up wanting to be a singer lol. I couldn't imagine doing anything else in life. I had books and books of songs hindi songs that I'd learn by heart and then record myself ;D My fave band was Paki rock band JUNOON! I listened to their songs nonstop on repeat - in the house and in my car. It was madness! And like you if anyone had told me then that one day I'd stop listening to music and chuck away all my music, I'd have told them it was impossible too!

But you know what? It did happen. I can't remember exactly the moment, but I developed an aversion to it. Suddenly, I couldn't bear the sound of it, except my own singing - which is allowed. I sing when I cook, lol! But music? It's probably four years now and I still don't want to listen to it. And this only happened, not with my efforts, but because Allah helped me. All I did and still do is that when I find myself weak, I ask Him to help me. So why not do the same. Ask Him and really mean it. It's no big deal for Allah, He can change your feeling towards music. What's difficult for Him? Nothing.

Stop fretting and ask Him to help you. I say, "Ya Allah, please help me in .......... as I am too weak and I can't do it without Your Help." Allah loves humility. And why would He not help His servant in doing the right thing? Of course He will. The condition is that the servant is also sincere in their asking for His help. Have faith hun, Allah is sooooooooooooooo Kind and Lovely and Beautiful and Merciful, He is waiting for His servants to call on Him for His help.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM

^^ I SO AGREE! Sounds like me..lol. I mean your description :p Some of it. Mix of yours and sis Souljette's.

Souljette
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
lolz i evn used to listen to Junoon i used to sing around nd still do lolzz and i can't bear listening to indian songs now ...i stopped long time ago wit indian songs nd all although i hear it evrywhere bt i dnt listen to it..it's jt dere..bt english i had a hard time wit nd inshalah dis time i hpe i keep on going and that's wht u gtta do sis truemuslim

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:07 PM
:) x10!!!
omg i havent opened up youtube today!!
jazakallah khair sisters!
jazakallah khair muslimah_sis!

it aint gna last tho. once i start continueing school......youtubes back up...
*sigh*

and yes this is a big thing for me to not open up youtube coz i lissen to it like all the time. i cant think during school without music!!

EDIT: ****ttttttt i reminded me :(((((~!~~!!!!!!! i must go to the punching bag for a sec

Souljette
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
ye trust me i thought that too..my friends would be sittin and listenin to music and doin wrk and once again whn i strted i felt the same bt i strted to quit and i tld my frnds tht i was goin to ..they weren't sure bt they knew that i could do it if i wanted to so they jst let me be and soon i stopped and when they said want my ipod? i'd go no...nd they'd smile..alhamdullah bt yu hv to strt bit by bit..how do u listen to music? u vh an mp3? ipod??

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
i lissen by youtube, i lissen by some downloaded onto the computer for when i make videos about islam and all and i have an "islamic ipod" which is alfurqan. its amazing. i lissen to quran on it.....but then in the audio part im full of outlandish and native deen!!!!

Souljette
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
i reallyy want an ipod islamic one ..mannnn i'm lukin fr it..so jst change the audio parts into proper nasheeds that's it...and the youtube thing jst decrease the volume whn u lukin at it and it's nt neccessary to make islamic videos...you tube jst came cuple years ago u lived witout it same thing goes now

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
^ i didn't kno about youtube when it came out. i just joined but i been lissenin to stuff on it for like 6 mo. and joined sometime in april and started making things. GOOD and bad things (bad things= music stuff)
its not that easy sis if i delete every song off my ipod ima put it back later on.....trust me i tried..plus i plug it in to the xbox 360 wen i play that way its soooo tiight playin stuff on it..and i cant play without it.!
oh and i HAVE to leave the volume up all the way when i lissen...i kno sux duntit...:( i cant even hear me typing right now!!

oh and i have the thread "alfurqan ipod" if u want it. its so tiight and so worth it its not really an ipod but it gots hadiths and quran , tafseer etc etc muchhh more...
Wasalaam

TrueStranger
05-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Ook i kno by my recent threads all these "clues" lead to something bad but no dont fink that plz coz they dont .

Ok, when you feel....doubt...or something...that allah dont like u er somthing...and that feeling only came after u found out something is haram?...and that thing u do thats haram is hard to quit and u KNO its haram yet u continue to do it wit no shame...at all...:-[...and yet ur dua's are still answered everytime and u still feel like this? and u bein pressured by others and pushed by others and feel doubt and left out (oh that rhymed lol) and start feeling like it aint haram and stuff because of wut others say and because ther isnt much for u to kno so that u believe...??and things get worse and u fink its coz this reason??...

i kno u must be like so confused right now...read it 3 more times...trust me it works!

Wasalaam

and yes this is very embarassing...

You're certainly showing some amount of shame and discomfort, and those feels at times are helpful, especially when you are doing something wrong. It is those inner emotions which will at times guide us towards the right path. When you feel ashamed and embarrassed you will try to reflect more and think about the wrong you are doing or committed, and you try to avoid that so you won’t feel ashamed or discomfort. This thread is actually the first step and that is feeling remorse and ashamed. And Allah does like you, but Allah doesn’t like the haraam you do. Sometimes refraining from something that is haraam is hard, and it takes time. But gradually you will cease to doing that which is haraam Insha'Allah, and that is when you feel grateful that Allah has helped you through your difficult moments, and your imaan increases.

As for people, people are generally to advice you to do what is wrong or haraam, and one good advice I have for you sista, which helped me a lot is that when you find yourself in such positions do the opposite of what your nafs (Soul) is telling you. And remember you are doing this for the good of your own soul

He says: ‘And He who sacrifices and works hard is only doing so for his own soul’ (Qur`an 17:7)

Read this article it will help you

http://www.nuradeen.com/Reflections/...OfTheSelf2.htm

The Commanding Self - Nafs al-ammara
If the nafs is completely wayward and has lost touch with its fitra, it is classified as nafs al-ammara. This is the totally selfish, most egotistical of the selves, which, as the Qur’an says, ‘commands to evil’ (Qur’an 12:53). It is the nafs of the supremely self-centered three-year old child or the despot who wants something and wants it instantly. This nafs will not listen to reason nor rationality. It is purely whimsical.

The Blaming Self - Nafs al-lawwama
Slightly higher on the scale is the nafs whose conscience is pricked because of its bad behavior. As a result, it blames itself for being extreme and may be spurred into positive action in order to do something about its dismal condition. This is the nafs al-lawwama, the blaming self. <<<<< Does this sound familiar????:D:-[

The Inspired Self - Nafs al-mulhama
If the nafs al-lawwama progresses farther along the path, improving itself, becoming more tolerant and inspired, perhaps even creative, it becomes what is known as nafs al-mulhama, the inspired self. It develops a ‘live and let live’ attitude. It says, ‘why not?’ or ‘It’s crazy - let’s do it!’ Everything goes, even the wildest ideas.

The Certain Self - Nafs al-mutma’inna
When the nafs al-lawwama is brought under control, it is on the road to contentment, to becoming nafs al-mutma’inna. This self is certain that it will come to faithfully reflect the fitra in time, with diligence, commitment, honesty, companionship and applying the right prescriptions. It will increase in its certainty that it has come from beyond time; that it is only here to learn, to experience and to be poised for that final, incredible journey out of the prison of its body.

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
^ sis jazakallah khair

but

the big problem is i dont feel shame. at all
i think its ok
specially since there isnt a real reason of why music is haram and well cough cough that makes me do it more coughcough olddeletedthread cough cough

Jazakallah khair and jannah sis :)

Souljette
05-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Sis i hate it whn ppl say i can't...it's not that we can't it's just that we are not strong enough to stop it...You can do it ...if you want to sincerely...Don't put it in your head that it's not easy and all that ...I've lived through it..i know it...my friend she came and lived with me and she didn't listen to music the whole time she was here because she knew i didnt and i told her it was haram and she was an addict bt she stopped for the time being she was with me..she could do it because it wasn't dere so all the things that you listen to music with avoid for a time being or put qura'n on it...I don't even use youtube cuz my comp has issues wit it and even when i do it's for islamic purposes or something stupid lolz

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
^ *sigh* nooooo not my dads speech!! "u can do it if u put ur mind to it" ugh i hate that. i kno it! i just can'-- i mean i just may not be able to :D

Souljette
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
You can u jst wholeheartedly don't feel it because you see nothing rong with it..i thought that too..music is so addictive it's hard and all..but it's something that's haraam...I mean how do you think it's not rong if during your prayers you dont' have khushoo when you can't concentrate properly because your thinking about the last song or hummin it..don't you find it hard to concentrate?

Amat Allah
05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Aalamo Alikom
specially since there isnt a real reason of why music is haram and well cough cough that makes me do it more coughcough olddeletedthread cough cough
music is haram cause it is the way of the shaitan to make and keep the servant of Allah inadvertent from Adeker (remembring Allah) and keeping us amazed by the words of the songs to make us invested by the benightedness which increase the ignorant of our deen...I mean instead of listening to the music ,search for something you don`t know about the religion of Allah and by this way you will be able to be stronger and stronger and by the way, listening to the music is one of the resones of the bad end may Allah protect you my dear ,and music and Qur`an doesn`t compound inside muslims heart...

I am not telling this to you to make you sad or uncomfortable I am trying to give an advice to someone I care about and love .to someone I want her to be one of the resident of the paradise my dear...

you have to work realy hard to deserve the mercy of our Lord above all the skies and don`t stand a side doing nothing and say if God want to guide me he will if not he won`t ,this is right but you have to do your best to deserve the guidance of Allah, if you walk to Allah ,Allah will run to you.don`t forget that....

I am realy sorry if I did and upset you but I care about you my dear
may Allah guide you and protect you from the torment of hell and reward you with Al Jannah...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
^^ Ameeeeeeeen!!!!!!!

Amat Allah
05-06-2008, 03:02 AM
What I want to say......

let your desire of being protected from the hell outfight the desire of listening to the music ...

let your desire of being one of the residentes of the paradise overmaster the haram deeds...

let your desire of being a winner in the hereafter cut all the ropes of the shaitan cause he is going to pull you with these ropes very very slowly untill you fall in the hellfire with him...

let your Love to your Lord Allah protect you from the anger of Allah...

becarefull and don`t let the shaitan controling you, truemuslim listen to the music,truemuslim music is not haram,truemuslim there isnt a real reason of why music is haram ,truemuslim do whatever you want to do cause Allah is The Most Compassionate The Most Mercifull ,truemuslim don`t listen to them they are all stupide trying to act so smart ,truemuslim ......untill

"[16] (Their allies deceived them) like Shaitân (Satan), when he says to man: "Disbelieve in Allâh." But when (man) disbelieves in Allâh, Shaitân (Satan) says: "I am free of you, I fear Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)![17] So the end of both will be that they will be in the Fire, abiding therein. Such is the recompense of the Zâlimûn (i.e. polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in Allâh and in His Oneness)."

sura Al Hasher 16-17

is it a happy end my dear? he is a deceitful fox no but worse ,he wants us all to be with him in hell Aotho bellah...

"18] O you who believe! Fear Allâh and keep your duty to Him. And let every person look to what he has sent forth for the morrow, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what you do.[19] And be not like those who forgot Allâh (i.e. became disobedient to Allâh), and He caused them to forget their own selves, (let them to forget to do righteous deeds). Those are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).[20] Not equal are the dwellers of the Fire and the dwellers of the Paradise. It is the dwellers of Paradise that will be successful."

Sura Al Hasher 18-19-20

this life is going to end so,work soo hard for the hereafter my dear cause there is no time and befor you regret...

may Allah protect you from the torment of hell and reward you with The paradise ...
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeen

truemuslim
05-06-2008, 03:55 AM
I know
i correct others and don't correct myself. i hate that about me
u kno that peom I wrote that goes "i jump to conclusions yet forget my own end, i correct others yet forget myself..." and waaay longer tho but sitll the whole point is that i have to correct me first and im writing that poem for other people yet i cant correct me either...ok its really confusing...se the PEOM I wrote is telling not to correct others first and act like i dont need to correct nothing bout me...but the REAL me still needs my own advice!!!

gaah! I **** myself off!!

astaghfirallah

its not easy
its not hard either

u kno wut ima say...

------
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM

It's not easy sis, I know. I guess u just gotta keep trying? Fighting shaytaan till our last breath sis... that's all I can say - And i KNOW its NOT easy.

:) [i just repeated myself 2wice lol] o wel

IbnAbdulHakim
05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
music grows hypocrisy in the heart....

------
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM

^Yeh... hard to give up though once ur in the habit...

truemuslim
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I hate outlandish
they stupid influences wit great lyrics!!

and now they got me backbiting too!!!!
i was on one sin...and now two!!!

*sigh*

can i give up?

I GIVE UPPPP!!!!

------
05-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Breathe IN....OUT...AND REPEAT!

As long as u try ur best its fine.

truemuslim
05-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I AM BREATHING!
im jus mad
too many things in life
youtube is in my way
poeple in youtube are in my way
music is in my way
and getting faith is the result!

I been tryn my best for 5 monthes...whats changed?
MORE MUSIC
MORE RIHANNA
MORE OUTLANDISH
MORE NATIVE DEEN
MORE LIL WAYNE
MORE ALL THAT
nothin less...jus more

truemuslim
05-06-2008, 03:56 PM
As long as u try ur best its fine.
oh i forgot

my bad

My best wont work
my best wont work
my best never works
no faith
ther i repeated

seriously why isnt ther a give up choice this is too much i cant take it anymore......

wait ther is a give up choice but the angel of death is freakin takin to looong!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM

Well I'm out of ideas lol. Just try to stick to the advice we all gave, InshaAllah. And like sister Brok3n said, keep trying! :) InshaAllah.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
sis it could be your environment.

like you find no support around you, why dont you try findin pious people? dat might help?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh yea, u said u cant tell your family. why cant u tell them? if u can talk to anyone, itll be them InshaAllah. discuss it with your family.

Güven
05-06-2008, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

like you find no support around you, why dont you try findin pious people? dat might help?
That's a good advice you gave, It could be the environment indeed.
my environment is also bad, I am the only one practising here :cry: Lol, mybe they are but I didn't find them yet, It is very difficult indeed without support, But we must be Strong Inshallah.

------
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM

Yeh, religious people perhaps? Go to the mosque and find some practising sisters inshaaAllaah?

Amat Allah
05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
my dear you are much stronger than giving up ....

believe me you can do it, I strongly believe in your ability realy...

trust your self and push your self out off all this mess ...

you can do it ,I am sure you can inshaa Allah my beloved sister...

may Allah guide you to the right path and protect you from any harm ameeeeeeeeeen

rose_petal
05-07-2008, 02:56 PM
salaams,

ders loads of gd advice above. environment & people around u is so important. mayb u can replace music with nasheeds, wt bt figuring out wt makes u lisen to music like is it boredom or coz cd's r jus ther. u can get rid of anytin dat lets u lisen to music?

Amat Allah
05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
That is right

Souljette
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
sis think abt this ok..so mannyyy sisters have taken the time to give you advice and they don't want anything bak except that you get what your looking for which is quittin wht is wrong...We all are behind you but we don't want to be let down in the end..inshallah sis you will make it through this and we'll help you out but plz atleast try for Allah and plz don't let our advices go in vain..we luv you sis and we want to help you.inshallah it's nt us who has to change it's you who has to deal wit what we give you and do wht u hv to do

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM

^^InshaAllah, try hard and hard sis :) Allah Ta'ala is with ya :)

Eric H
05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Amat Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

may Allah guide you to the right path and protect you from any harm ameeeeeeeeeen
I just want to add a big ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen to all the above

In the spirit of trusting in God,

Eric

truemuslim
05-07-2008, 11:28 PM

Ok my environment is all twisted. i kno. but what can i do??? the so called religious people go dating, drinking, and flirting...thats only wut i kno... and the unreligious people...+o(

Oh yea, u said u cant tell your family. why cant u tell them? if u can talk to anyone, itll be them InshaAllah. discuss it with your family.

Nooooo
u guys are my family

Yeh, religious people perhaps? Go to the mosque and find some practising sisters inshaaAllaah?
Ther are NO practising sisters. mayb like three total in the entire masjid but they too are no better than me.

Jazakallah khair
may allah help u and ur family and grant u all jannah inshallah sis
(and evryone else :D)

format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
sis think abt this ok..so mannyyy sisters have taken the time to give you advice and they don't want anything bak except that you get what your looking for which is quittin wht is wrong...We all are behind you but we don't want to be let down in the end..inshallah sis you will make it through this and we'll help you out but plz atleast try for Allah and plz don't let our advices go in vain..we luv you sis and we want to help you.inshallah it's nt us who has to change it's you who has to deal wit what we give you and do wht u hv to do
U dunt hav to be wit me. juss make som dua
i dunt need all this advice coz my advice i get only goes to other people and that goes to others and others and so on and so it never lands anywhere...sorry

btw
wut do two of me equal? by two of me i mean me and someone wit the same type of horrible faith and shame.?

Jazakallah khair

Eric H
05-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Greetings and peace be with you truemuslim;
Ok my environment is all twisted. i kno. but what can i do??? the so called religious people go dating, drinking, and flirting...thats only wut i kno
The only thing you can try and change is yourself.
Nooooo
u guys are my family
Sadly the internet family is based on fiction, if we were your neighbours going to your masjid; then you would see all our faults too.
Ther are NO practising sisters. mayb like three total in the entire masjid but they too are no better than me.
You can strive towards perfection but sadly us humans always seem to fall short of perfection
U dunt hav to be wit me. juss make som dua
i dunt need all this advice coz my advice i get only goes to other people and that goes to others and others and so on and so it never lands anywhere...sorry
In years to come you might look back on this time, you might understand that your advice is landing somewhere. It is landing back on you, and you can only change yourself.

At my tender age I wonder if it is harder to change the world, or harder to change myself?

Anything worth pursuing must depend on prayer and trusting in God, only with God’s help can we change.

In the spirit of praying for perseverance,

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Truemuslim you gotta be more optimistic then that!!!!

make dua' to Allah and FIND SOME PIOUS PEOPLE !!!

Souljette
05-08-2008, 01:32 PM
agree ^^^

Amat Allah
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM
and when you say I give up, I can`t, I won`t , all these words will let you feel down and make you lose your confidence ...

you are killing your self by these words very very slowly...
and you are realy precious to us my dear we all want you to be allright and happy we all offer help to you so please accept it from us please..

may Allah protect you and guide you to the right path
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Abdul Fattah
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Selam aleykum
Sister, don't give up to fast. Old habits are hard to quit. As long as you are sincere in wanting to quit that's already a big step. If you fall back, that doesn't mean that you're a hypocrite, it could be that it was just to hard for you for a while. Just don't let that discourage you and keep trying to improve your position. don't forget also that some things might be linked. For example, as long as you ignore one thing, another thing is hard/imposiible.

truemuslim
05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
The only good people i can possibly find ANYWHERE are online.
On youtube
On here
and not offline
offline people that i kno just help lower faith so forget dem.

And
Jazakalalh khair
WaSalaam

Güven
05-08-2008, 07:33 PM
On YOUTUBE ????? Good People ?????? :muddlehea

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
^
yeh sure the muslim ones
but hte other kuffar people juss get soo freakin annoyin u gotta censor every word u use against them....they so evil . they makin me say bad stuff!!!

lol
if u kno youtube u kno how some muslims ther are good. :D

EDIT: OOoooh i kno u just wanted to use that smiley! its okay. i had to make any excuse to use it too....:D

Amat Allah
05-09-2008, 03:48 AM
if u kno youtube u kno how some muslims ther are good.

That is right , I knew some my self ,they are soooo good with a strong faith mashaa Allah ...

may Allah reward them with the paradise and all of us
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Güven
05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Forgive me I Never noticed Them :X , I only noticed the kuffars unfortenatly( Did I spell It Right ? :?)

Souljette
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
lol ye

Amat Allah
05-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Good and Bad are everywhere in this world my dear...

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Forgive me I Never noticed Them :X , I only noticed the kuffars unfortenatly( Did I spell It Right ? :?)
lol bro it ok
thats wut i noticed too before i actually joined. lol
btw spelling dont matter...its only the grammar ppl that notice it and start debating bout how horrible someones spelling is (ignore them:D) lol

Güven
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
oo oke :okay:

Eric H
05-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you truemuslim; I hope you are well today
not to correct others first and act like i dont need to correct nothing bout me...but the REAL me still needs my own advice!!!
I found this quote and it made me chuckle,

Most people want to serve Allaah, but only in an advisory position

Sadly most of us are guilty of this, me included.

In the spirit of trusting in God despite our weakness.

Eric

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you truemuslim; I hope you are well today

I found this quote and it made me chuckle,

Most people want to serve Allaah, but only in an advisory position

Sadly most of us are guilty of this, me included.

In the spirit of trusting in God despite our weakness.

Eric
Thanks brother.
but how do we stop doin it?

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Ook ...so
I sleep better on my LEFT side, knowing its sunnah on the right side, but still don't
I am missing fajr prayer most of the tym
I forget Isha prayer sometimes, then pray it waay after
I listen to music even after i listen to abu ali, thinkin " oh doesnt matter i been good all this day, once wont harm"
and
I feel my begging for forgivness is never good enough and Allah is either "not lissenin" or hatin on me.
omg did i just say that?! well i do feel that.
so is that even a single bit of faith in me?????!
a while ago when i was good, before i knew music is haram, and before i was listenin to it alot... i thought it would be better for me to die that tym so that i cant do sins, coz i was still ...sinless then... and now i kno why i thought that! its too late! what da hell do i dooo!!

EDIT: Oh also i don't hafaz the quran as much as i used to!! now i know juz 'amma and stopped at the next juz!

------
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM

You need to calm down, start breathing, sit down and assess yourself.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
rinse and repeat...

make taubah.. BE SINCERE... and try again.

NEVER despair ukhtee, inshaAllaah one day we can break free of that sinners cycle... inshaAllaah :)

truemuslim
05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
i do make it sincere. nd somtimes i even get dreams of ME going to hell. they seem so real so they reeeallly freak me out. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
i do make it sincere. nd somtimes i even get dreams of ME going to hell. they seem so real so they reeeallly freak me out. :(
seek refuge in Allaah

pray 2 rakaat wen u see those dreams.

sis dreams which appear bad arent always bad, Allaah could be guiding you, inshaAllaah its good u got this fear.

like i said.. rinse an repeat... the worst thing you can do is either despair or give up.

so keep that will power alive, ALWAYS, i seen too many people give up...

Assalamu Alaikum

*charisma*
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Ook ...so
I sleep better on my LEFT side, knowing its sunnah on the right side, but still don't
I am missing fajr prayer most of the tym
I forget Isha prayer sometimes, then pray it waay after
I listen to music even after i listen to abu ali, thinkin " oh doesnt matter i been good all this day, once wont harm"
and
I feel my begging for forgivness is never good enough and Allah is either "not lissenin" or hatin on me.
omg did i just say that?! well i do feel that.
so is that even a single bit of faith in me?????!
a while ago when i was good, before i knew music is haram, and before i was listenin to it alot... i thought it would be better for me to die that tym so that i cant do sins, coz i was still ...sinless then... and now i kno why i thought that! its too late! what da hell do i dooo!!

EDIT: Oh also i don't hafaz the quran as much as i used to!! now i know juz 'amma and stopped at the next juz!
If you cannot stop sins right away, try instead finding ways of repenting, doing deeds, and purifying yourself. When I found myself preoccupied with school too much and felt I was behind on my iman because of studies and stuff, I started trying to find ways in which I could increase my iman, yet not have to give up time for it..if that makes sense? One example is that I fast every Monday and Thursday alhemdulilah. During that time, I try not to say anything wrong or do anything wrong, I refrain from being around people or hearing things that will allow me to forget the presence of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, my dhikr is there, I'm more concentrated on things so that I can get them done to have iftoor (iftoor around 8pm makes you wanna be as busy as you can!), and if you fast like even once a week or something, and try really hard to keep yourself purified (fasting doesn't take any time away from your day) by not listening to music, and speaking well, and seeking knowledge, I'm sure your iman will increase bi'idnillahi wa ta'ala. Even little things like helping out your parents with something, or spreading islamic knowledge to someone who doesn't have much, or teaching them something new, anything that you do with good intentions and sincerity for Allah is rewarded inshallah. Eventually, you'll forget about listening to music and you'll want to wake up for fajr, and you'll remember to pray for 'isha and fajr. Remember your prayers at least, because our deeds aren't accepted without our prayers!

As for continuously asking for forgiveness, even the sinless Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would ask for forgiveness. Humbleness is a characteristic of a Muslim that we should always try to pursue inshallah. Any sincere du'as that aren't answered in this world, will be granted in the hereafter in abundance to the extent that we'd be wishing none of our du'as in this world were answered! So keep asking for forgiveness and don't even once let the thought pass through your mind that Allah subhana wa ta'ala isn't listening to you or anything like that. There is a reason for our 5 obligatory prayers and the constant reminders to remember Him, it is so that we are forgiven for our sins, a chance to thank Allah subhanahu ta'la for every moment of life He has granted us to serve Him, and we should do so with the utmost integrity possible, without complaints, and He loves to hear us glorify and praise Him and for us to ask Him of all of our desires, so why not ask! Who else can grant us what we want without His will??

Every time you have the urge to listen to music or something, just say a'udhu billahi minashaytan ar rajeem, inshallah that will help.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

truemuslim
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Jazakallah khair sis.
plz make dua for me inshallah :)

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
wut about doubt?
does that mean im still even a muslim? a "true" muslim??? omg i sooo wasted this name i swear, thers prlly someone here who needed this name but i wasted it and im not a truemuslim
i feel doubt
doubt of everything, and anything..not sure wut exactly...how does that make me a muslim. why do i feel doubt?????????

Souljette
05-19-2008, 05:47 PM
doubt about what?

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
everything. am i an athiest? eww astaghfirallah
doubt allah loves me, doubt allah is here, doubt allah is watching/lissenin doubt of life, and doubt of anything and everything

------
05-19-2008, 05:56 PM

You doubt Allaah is here? Look around you....can these things come about by chance? Can some be guided and some be misguided by chance? I think not.

------
05-19-2008, 05:59 PM

And instead of doubting stuff, think about life, the purpose of life, your body design, the design of the universe - still by chance?

Souljette
05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Sis..i don't think your an atheist ..cuz you believe in God and you can't just not believe in god..i mean everythng that happens ..how u think happens..i mean evry organ in ur body works in a systematic way..who else could do this..it can't just work by itself...someone HAS to be there to do all this..the tsunami, hurricanes..evrythng.>Allah's doing all this..

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
i kno allah is doing this. i kno allah is here. i just doubt for some reason....i really didnt wanna say. so i say i doubt everything.

Souljette
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
well doubt only grows when your not looking for the answers that bother you..i've seen tht phase and right now u are at tht phase but you gtta do something about it..go and read the Quran ..and read the translation..whtever u doubt..clear it by lukin for the answer

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
i try looking for the answer, everytime i do, i get bad answers or something and doubt more so im not doin that.

------
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM

Are you goign to let the 2 horned 2 faced little idyat win?! aka DJ Shaytaan?! Fight him sis...the amount of stubborn-ness u have u can win inshaaAllaah :okay:

No seriously tho, u can.

Souljette
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM
ok it also depends on what ur questions are..i mean something that's logical and that doesn't make islam harder for you..i mean whteva u question jst luk on this forum mashallah ther'z alotta things u can learn jst by readin the real stuff on this forum ..try doing that and read the full translation of hte qura'n

Souljette
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Sis broken is tellin the truth

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
DJ shaitan? cmon dont make him sound good man!
and i kno he winnin..if he is there. i kno i will prolly be chillin in da hell party for a while too. and i tried this forum, and it is one reason--nevermind thats a keep in heart thing..

------
05-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Browse through this section of the IslamReligion website:

The Hereafter

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
its not the hell im worried about. nevermind..

Souljette
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
when you first learn stuff you are confused and you doubt alottt of stuff but soon inshallah you start to understand reasons and logic behind it

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I known all this already tho. and just now, because of certain reasons, i start doubting everything.

------
05-19-2008, 07:03 PM

Try to clear up those certain reasons, and try to find the good that will come out of them.

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
no. its better i dont

------
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM

Then these doubts will remain, unless you get to the bottom of it.

Souljette
05-19-2008, 07:10 PM
truu say ^^^

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
no they will grow. this feeling cant be explained, i dunno.
juss forget it then.

------
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM

^ You have to clear the doubts or you will continue to wonder in darkness. I'm sure you don't want that?

Amat Allah
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Asalamo Alikom

my dear sister truemuslim you are like a beautiful blooming white rose to us..you still to young sweaty...

you have many petales surrounding you with its amazing perfume...
So, take one of these petales and write on it In The Name Of Allah The Most Compassionate The Most Mercifull and start all over from the begining my dear and try to write everything you do in your life and after a while take a look and see what you have done,if you liked it keep it in your golden book if you didn`t throw it away behind your back and just forget about it, then take another petal and start again by the name of Allah and write everything trying to avoid the bad deeds which made you threw the first petal and so on....

at the end you will find that golden book full of an amazing deeds spreading a luscious scent all over and with that book you will be realy proud and confident ,you will be able to show it to the others and the most important and the first and the Last to face your Lord with it...

try your best to be good to please The Lord who has your soul in his hand and becareful life is realy short and you don`t know when your time will come...

with all my respect,your sister :

Amat Allah

Souljette
05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
WOW nice post ^^

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM

^ You have to clear the doubts or you will continue to wonder in darkness. I'm sure you don't want that?
i'd rather hav that :X

Asalamo Alikom

my dear sister truemuslim you are like a beautiful blooming white rose to us..you still to young sweaty...

you have many petales surrounding you with its amazing perfume...
So, take one of these petales and write on it In The Name Of Allah The Most Compassionate The Most Mercifull and start all over from the begining my dear and try to write everything you do in your life and after a while take a look and see what you have done,if you liked it keep it in your golden book if you didn`t throw it away behind your back and just forget about it, then take another petal and start again by the name of Allah and write everything trying to avoid the bad deeds which made you threw the first petal and so on....

at the end you will find that golden book full of an amazing deeds spreading a luscious scent all over and with that book you will be realy proud and confident ,you will be able to show it to the others and the most important and the first and the Last to face your Lord with it...

try your best to be good to please The Lord who has your soul in his hand and becareful life is realy short and you don`t know when your time will come...

with all my respect,your sister :

Amat Allah
aww sis
the thing is im not white, and im not a flower, im more like that rotten flower who has no hope , the one that u put in front of ur window in the kitchen and the next day its rotten, allah put me in the world for ...um. 15yrs and 7 days and now im rotten.
u make it sound so beautiful and easy sis, i wish i could do that but i cant (no one jump at me for saying cant:phew ) its not easy, i kno u kno its not easy, but i dont kno how to do it, where to start. the only thing that i fink ...doubt... benifits me is duas. so plzzz make dua.

Souljette
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Dua's will help but only du'a itself won't..you have to tie your camel..you cant jst expect it to stay there..that's why you have to try as well and i know your tryin sis..but you gtta keep tryn harder..i know its way hard in the states too ..i lived dere so keep goin ..ALlah understands what you goin thru but he wants u to keep fightin too and inshallah you'll get thru it

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
i dont have a camel...kiddin!
i dont even kno wher to start, where to go, how to go, so the only choice thats clear for me is giving up...i feel like im thinking like an athiest omg whats wrong wit me?!!!

Souljette
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
ur not thinking like an atheist..you start at one thing..the easiest thing..whatever it is and then you keep going...you can't give up ...we all want to at one point but yo we gotta b strong ..we can't jst whine nd not do anything you knw wht im sayin...like whtever is rong tht u think ur doi..pick one nd try to fix it nd slowly keep goin

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 05:04 PM
the thing is i dont feel like its wrong, i feel like its NOT wrong, and i keep doing it, then that grows to me thinkin that allah hasnt punished me so i guess its not wrong, then i think why isnt allah punishing me for this, and that goes to, is allah even listtening? then....goes deep...too deep.

Souljette
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
The thing is you know it's rong..some things we don't feel is rong cuz we do it so much it's normal..like Allah (s.w.t) is punishing you but in ways you can't tell..the way you feel maybe or in other ways..but only on Judgement day will he do somehting..you know it's real ez to do bad then do good...I take it as a challenge bcuz whn the whole world is doing something thts wrong and u know its rong then u do sum rite u feel like ur facng a challenge..if u don't think it's rong then go read some ayahs which will tell you it's rong

------
05-20-2008, 05:29 PM

You start at the mosque. Go to your local mosque and start there.

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
why wud i go to the masjid??
Hello everyone who is flirting and listening to music in the masjid, i like ur tight jeans and bellybutton showing shirt sis...
u gotta see it to kno it.

just forget it i dunt wanna go anywher wit this , its already deep enough. instead of digging deeper i wanna get out.

Güven
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Astaghfirallah In a MASJID??? Astaghfirallah :raging:

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
yeh i kno. its sick.

Souljette
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
ok so if dere doing rong it doesn't make the main objective of going to the masjid wrong..yes they do all that but sis when you go to the masjid you sit by yourself..read qur'an there for a while and if they give lectures listen to it..mind ur own bizness..soon inshallah you'll find some1 who actually is practising but until then u gotta keep goin on ur own

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 05:47 PM
ok first, i dont have anyone to take me there, its like 15 minutes away, and second they all wanna be friends so u go ahead and talk wiv em a lil bit and den dey start doing bad stuff to make u disgusted, they not a good influence at all so i fink it beter not to do so.
besides i read quran here...:)

Souljette
05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
kk it's jst betta when u out nd u meet ppl bt derez difference too..like i met some ppl in the beginnin tht were bad nd the good ones dint hang out wit me bt later on i went at a time where i was alone nd they realized tht i'm not like dat..tht i dint evn know the girl who was actually knwn fr a bad rep..afta i strted hangin out wit hte good ones the others frgot who i was..anyways if you can't go dere then you gotta find ur ways..read qur'an and translations nd try to understand it..read it nd understand

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Sis the closest one for me is a half an hour or more =[. But Alhamdulillah, just keep readin the Quran and listen to it too :)

------
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM

U need to start somewhere!

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
really? i didnt know that :rolleyes:

------
05-20-2008, 07:03 PM

No need to be rude. We are trying to help. U can either accept it or reject it, up to you.

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I KNOW i supposed to start "somewhere"
I dont know where. i dont know how. i dont know when and i dont know why...
forget it

snakelegs
05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
wut about doubt?
does that mean im still even a muslim? a "true" muslim??? omg i sooo wasted this name i swear, thers prlly someone here who needed this name but i wasted it and im not a truemuslim
i feel doubt
doubt of everything, and anything..not sure wut exactly...how does that make me a muslim. why do i feel doubt?????????
of course you're a muslim, truemuslim! a truemuslim is not necessarly the same as a perfectmuslim or a saintmuslim. you may have doubts at times, but that doesn't make you an atheist. you are far from being an atheist.
you are a truemuslim going through some very difficult stuff. please don't be so hard on yourself.
i pray god will give you strength and guidance.

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 10:49 PM
^ Thanks sis :)
Jazakallah khair

aminahjaan
05-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Go to the Masjid only if they have like classes or something, otherwise get a Quran from your house and just read it and the meaning. Your "losing faith" phase is only because you just need to get even closer to God. Snake legs is right don't take everything so hard on yourself. Everyone feels like that you know. Make Dua'a and do occupy yourself with better things to keep you away from Haram. Take extra cirriculum classes so you're not around to do tasteless things and waste your time.

Amat Allah
05-21-2008, 02:15 AM
I want to ask you something my dear sister truemuslim...

If someone realy realy sick and was crying for help telling all the people about his suffering and you are the only one who has the cure after Allah then you gave it to him and that someone took it from you and threw it against your face...what whould you do my dear???

I want a honest short answer my dear please?

may Allah reward you with paradise.....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 04:11 PM
sis cmon dont say that.
are u sayin that im crying for help and u guys have the cure and i take it throw it in ur face right?
no im not. i just cant take the cure.
but yeh, if they do that then i mess em up--i mean i will forgive them and ask em why they do that.

Amat Allah
05-22-2008, 12:36 PM
may Allah reward you my dear with happiness and guidance and reward you with the paradise...

thank you for your beautifull words, I am soo gratefull to Allah then to you...
you are a good truemuslim ....

i just cant take the cure
why??

Aren`t you going to do your best and try soo hard to satisfy your Lord my precious????

------
05-22-2008, 12:38 PM

no im not. i just cant take the cure.
You can't take Islaam? The correct way of life? Is that what ur trying to say? Calm down. Think with a clear brain. Allaah is always there...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.