/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to go to sleep quickly?

AnonymousPoster
05-04-2008, 10:30 AM
:sl:

How do I make myself fall asleep quickly? because if I don't sooner or later I start having evil thoughts, (need help controlling them aswell!)

Also now that fajr time is around 5.am, I find it really hard to go back to sleep and this gives shaytaan more opportunities to have a go at me, I find it difficult to control my thoughts long enough till I fall a sleep. Falling asleep is becoming a nightmare!

Quick advice needed!

Jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
05-04-2008, 10:40 AM
:w:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-sleeping.html

Hope it helps..

Snowflake
05-04-2008, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

How do I make myself fall asleep quickly? because if I don't sooner or later I start having evil thoughts, (need help controlling them aswell!)

Also now that fajr time is around 5.am, I find it really hard to go back to sleep and this gives shaytaan more opportunities to have a go at me, I find it difficult to control my thoughts long enough till I fall a sleep. Falling asleep is becoming a nightmare!

Quick advice needed!

Jazakhallah
asalam alaikum wr wb,

There isn't no quick-fix solution for your problem. But a good daytime routine should help. First I'll suggest the obvious, like, not eating late, avoiding caffeine and not doing anything that's mentally/physically stimulating.

Your day time routine is vital for a good nights sleep. So be regular in your prayers, avoid the impermissable, and recite Qur'an daily. It will give you immense peace of mind, which in the end is beneficial for sleep. I find it particularly benefical to wind down by reciting al-Quraan after Maghrib. It really takes away the day's stresses and with all that behind you, you begin to feel in yourself that you will have agood night's sleep ahead.

After Isha, you can recite Quran a little bit more. It doesn't have to a long recitation, but sitting in your bed and reciting a bit of the Quran feels as if you've just been cleansed inside and out, mentally and physically. You also know that you've done something that is pleasing to Allah inshaAllah and that eases the guilt that may occur when we know we've been neglectful. Needless to say an easy conscience helps sleep better.

Finally after reciting the recommended surahs, lie on your right side and let the good deeds you did make you feel happy and relaxed. If you can't stay on your right side, it's ok. Get comfortable and think about all the blessings all gave you today. Then thank Allah. Think about Jannah and how beautiful it will be and how badly you want it. Fill your head with beautiful and peaceful thoughts. If negative thoughts come. Say, " Go away, I will deal with you tomorrow." (serious I'm not bonkers :laugh:)

With all that preparation, you should fall asleep quickly inshaAllah.

P.S. Another thing I used to do is imagine I'm flying through space lol. I'd be whizzing past the stars and planets in a straight line. I dont know why it was straight. Perhaps it was easy to focus on. But ofcourse even in my imaginary 'space' there was no end. So I'd keep whizzy through it and before I knew I'd be fast asleep.

Alhumdulillah, I don't have to do that anymore.. but it did help. :rollseyes

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Danah
05-06-2008, 07:09 PM
for the sleeping after fajer, I think this is becuase you did not have enough sleep during the night, thats why you feel sleepy.
at the same time try to avoid those things that make you far away from falling asleep like Muslimah sis said.
also try to avoid using computer before sleeping because this is my ultimate problem as well, I am always sleep very late because I spent the whole night in sitting in front of the computer and browsing the internet

Hope that will help in sha allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
for the sleeping after fajer, I think this is becuase you did not have enough sleep during the night, thats why you feel sleepy.
at the same time try to avoid those things that make you far away from falling asleep like Muslimah sis said.
also try to avoid using computer before sleeping because this is my ultimate problem as well, I am always sleep very late because I spent the whole night in sitting in front of the computer and browsing the internet

I have that problem as well, **** these Computer:D

AnonymousPoster
05-06-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA

great advice sis :D:thumbs_up just realised this prob

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.