/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Humility of our Scholars

'Abd al-Baari
05-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

The Humility of our Scholars

The Humility of Shaykh Muqbil Ibn Hadi Rahimahullah

He was never one to look down at others or be amazed of himself or have pride over others and whoever mixed with him knew this.

He said of himself: I am deficient, and he said: I am not pleased with myself.

And when gray started to appear on his beard he started to become said and said to himself: What have you done for Islam and the Muslims?

And he said about the (Salafi) Da’wah when it became apparant, powerful and spread: This is something that Allah wanted and it was not by our strength or our eloquence or our knowledge or our money (in reality they were poor).

He also said: About the condition of those who mixed with the narrators of Hadeeth is a meesage: Yesterday they were amongst scholars, now they are among crazy people, therefore it is upon everyone to not be amazed of himself because of his intelligence of ability to memorize

He also said: Pride is one of the biggest things that turns one away from good. Allah said: “I will turn those who have pride upon the earth from my verses”. And one who has pride is hated by the people even if he has gold that weights a lot.

And he said a few times to his students: I see you now as my friends.

And for all these reasons from his character and manners, was that he would accept the truth from anyone whoever it may have been, male or female, whether young or old. And he used to become happy for that reason and make du’a for the one who made him pay attention (to his error). And he made his errors clear in front of crowds.

Source:-
http://www.sahab.net/forums/showthread.php?t=350972
http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=3862

"It is sufficient for a person from knowledge that he fears Allah 'azza wa Jal.
And it is sufficient for a person from ignorance that he is amazed by his own
knowledge"
A Statement from the Salaf As Saalih :cry:

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
:sl:
Thread approved. jazakAllah khayr!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.