/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani Christian?! yup thats me =)

ddz
05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
NOTE TO ADMIN: I HAVE STUPIDLY POSTED THIS A LOT OF TIMES IN A DIFFERENT THREAD NOT KNOWING IT WILL HAVE TO BE CHECKED BY MODS FIRST, SO IF THIS HAS BOMBARDED YOUR INBOX IM AM EXTREMLEY SORRY, PLEASE POST THIS IN GENERAL THREAD AS THIS IS WHERE I BELEIVE MY POST SHOULD GO THANK YOU!

Heyy, some of you may find this wierd but Im Christian Catholic, some of you are probably thinking 'did u convert into it?!' orrr 'Are your parents converts?!' but the answer is no, they were born into it just as my generation and their previous generation, its a little wierd I know haha

When I came to England (London to be exact) it wasnt really a big thing because I was young and I didnt really know much about... other religions on a whole let alone christianity.. I went to a Catholic Primary school and never once found it daunting because of Blacks/Whites christians as there were many asian christians :)

But as I grew up learning about different cultures religions etc I found out I was quite the wierd one lol whenever I'd tell someone in secondary school, 'yeeahh im Paki, im a christian' it would be a little funny getting the same response from my fellow pakistani, but it wasnt just my own people, Indians, Sri Lankans would be shocked as well lol

Im 19 now, and im quite used to it and so are my friends in college I was quite the popular kid because of it aha, but let me say, there are A LOT of us, I was surprised at the amount, and I've heard we're the largest minority in pakistan (97% Islam 2% Christians 1% Other)

I would love to hear your opinions on Pakistani Christians if you've come across or have heard about them :) im all eyes and ears, one thing God has blessed me with is good friends, who are pakistani muslims who do not treat me different because of it, they are my brothers =) but I HAVE had the fewww criticisms about it from time to tiiime lol lyk this one time I was getting to know this girl just as friendship, and she flipped out and startes saying 'your a Kaffir! omg!' 'ok ok im tryna get used to this!' 'my mum told me about you lot... you dont...look like them?! your...fair and light!' lool ahh only words I guess hehe :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey there, welcome to LI. I met one Pakistani Christian once before, in one of my semesters. Well I don't find it a big deal, cause I know they exist! Theres no 100 percent of any religion in a country...there will always be a mix. So I think it's silly for it to be a shocker, but I guess that's if you never knew lol. I don't blame you, people just don't seem to know. Some find it odd that I'm a light skinned Muslim from Pakistan lol. I'll always get people thinking in Middle Eastern just cause I don't "look" a certain way. Most of the Pakistanis at my college are a bit darker, so there's stereotyping for ya lol.

Anyways....I hope you enjoy your stay and if you feel like being inquisitive, go ahead! Fire away! lol.

Peace

Na7lah
05-04-2008, 11:58 PM
welcome
i'v never seen *or heard* of a Pakistani Christian

glo
05-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Welcome to LI, ddz.
With your background and life experience you will add a new dimension to this forum. I'm sure that's a great thing.

Please make yourself comfortable and enjoy the ride. :)

How long have you been in the UK?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ddz
05-05-2008, 12:03 AM
lol yeahh I get the whole Middle Eastern stereotype from time to time, im glad you see the other side of it, some people think im some sort of traitor or something lol kinda hurts sometimes ya know?! Im blessed with good people around me but there are always gonna be the few intolerant ones, I remember this 1 dude (God Bless him) was lyk 'you are a traitor! convert back and come into the light' I was gobsmacked! didnt know what to say really, I guess some people are just used to seeing something which is ordinary

ddz
05-05-2008, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
welcome
i'v never seen *or heard* of a Pakistani Christian
all my lyf =) well actually... i was 2 wen I came here so KINDA all my lyf.. lol jus double posted :-[

Snowflake
05-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi ddz,

I'm Pakistani and have visited Pak a number of times- even lived there for 3 years. I too was first amazed to see Pakistani Christians there. I couldn't get my head round it at first lol. I thought all Pakistanis were muslim. It's amazing cuz we dress the same, are the same colour, eat the same foods, have same names and you just can't tell us apart. The Christians I met there were lovely, but unfortunately, I never got to spend a lot of time with them. I miss one particular lady a lot and I really hope to see her again the next time I'm visiting.

Peace.

islamirama
05-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forum bro!

There are muslims as well as other religion's people in the East and they are all natives too. A priest in uk once said we "christians" should say "allah" also instead of God as it makes muslims and christians get along better. This concept is new to westerners and they all attacked him for that. But he said based on his time spent in the east where the christians do say "Allah" because their bible is in arabic and God basically is the same and thus the same name.

Anyways, one of my Assistant Directors at work is Pakistani christian. There's no different treatment between christian or muslim because they both see each other as fellow pakistani in this western world and thus have more in common then people here who are of their faith. So a paki christians in west will feel more kin to paki musilm then a christian brit. More comfortable and less prejudice :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 12:47 AM
^^Yea I agree.

We do eat and dress the same way and basically have the same names. So basically it is hard to tell each other apart. Like the cricketer...who was Christian and became Muslim. I always thought he was Muslim cause his name was. So I was like hmm. I won't lie, I used to think all Pakistanis are Muslim. Well at least I'm out of that phase...lol. InshaAllah(Allah-willing), you won't find criticism here :) Soooooooo have fun yea? :D

snakelegs
05-05-2008, 12:55 AM
welcome to the forum!
i know there are some christians in pakistan (also hindus and sikhs), but have never met one before. have you ever been back for a visit?

ddz
05-05-2008, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Hi ddz,

I'm Pakistani and have visited Pak a number of times- even lived there for 3 years. I too was first amazed to see Pakistani Christians there. I couldn't get my head round it at first lol. I thought all Pakistanis were muslim. It's amazing cuz we dress the same, are the same colour, eat the same foods, have same names and you just can't tell us apart. The Christians I met there were lovely, but unfortunately, I never got to spend a lot of time with them. I miss one particular lady a lot and I really hope to see her again the next time I'm visiting.

Peace.
Yup, we share the same traditions, speak the same language eat the same food, the ladies have to cover their head in prayer, most interesting one is that we wont partake in a meal which has pork either, we have the same names as well :)

There are muslims as well as other religion's people in the East and they are all natives too. A priest in uk once said we "christians" should say "allah" also instead of God as it makes muslims and christians get along better. This concept is new to westerners and they all attacked him for that. But he said based on his time spent in the east where the christians do say "Allah" because their bible is in arabic and God basically is the same and thus the same name.
Agreed, in Urdu or in English, my parents will always address God as 'Allah' and the priest has a good point as well.. the arabic bible also adresses the supreme diety as Allah :)

Anyways, one of my Assistant Directors at work is Pakistani christian. There's no different treatment between christian or muslim because they both see each other as fellow pakistani in this western world and thus have more in common then people here who are of their faith. So a paki christians in west will feel more kin to paki musilm then a christian brit. More comfortable and less prejudice
Yeah I agree, in a western world when sometimes you may get looked down upon by an ethnic majority, its good to have your own nationality with you no matter what the differences..

Thanks for being so friendly everyone, at first I was quite reluctant to join forums, but when I came across this one, I found good reads and friendly communication so I thought I'd settle in hehe

Peace..

جوري
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
:welcome: aboard-- I don't think anyone cares if you are a paki christian.. I didn't know you were novelty items? but then again I don't know any pakistanis which probably explains why..

enjoy the forum..

cheers

AvarAllahNoor
05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
What does it matter. As long as we're all worshipping the one Lord. And are peaceful and tolerant of each other as God wants!

Have a good stay on here dude.

Gur Fateh!

aamirsaab
05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
:sl:
Sweet, another pakistani.
We took over the United kingdom, and now we have taken over LI.

Next stop: the moon.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
^^Lol. xD

truemuslim
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
^ LOOOL!!!

too many paki's!!! AHHH!!

no not really
am kiddin
i dont mind
or care
:)

And welcome to the forum "brother" frm paki

and wow A PAKISTANI CHRISTIAN?! (say "yup thats me!")
lol
anyway its not much of a surprise u see a mix of religion and race everywher.
Iz all kool
:)

- Qatada -
05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
sup u paki! :p lol glad you were brave enough to join..

i guess the sayings true, there's pakis everywhere u go.. :D

lol i'm one myself.. so don't be offended. Hope you benefit alot from here man :)

here's a good site to check out the basics of our faith;

http://islamreligion.com

look forward to your stay :)

Peace.

arabianprincess
05-06-2008, 02:22 AM
welll where im livin i never came across a paki whose christian ... werid i know
well nice meetin u..............welll its doesnt matter ... cuz in yemen we got yemeni ppl who r jews... now when i found out that i was in shock :) but im ok now... :D:)

truemuslim
05-06-2008, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
welll where im livin i never came across a paki whose christian ... werid i know
well nice meetin u..............welll its doesnt matter ... cuz in yemen we got yemeni ppl who r jews... now when i found out that i was in shock :) but im ok now... :D:)

OMG Loool SIS !! me too! Its all cool now, they aint a trouble surprisingly! lol

north_malaysian
05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Do Pakistani Christians speak Urdu too? :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Of course, how could you be a Pakistani and not speak Urdu...or not have people in the family speaking it. It is the language of Pakistan...=/ lol

ddz
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
lol exactly

mediadave
05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Welcome! How big is the Christian population in Pakistan?

Also, a seperate issue...but I notice you're all saying Paki. Now I've got th eimpression that is considered racist and always cringe when my friends use it, even though its not used racistly. On the other hand, I know pakistani makes no sense - stan means land, so afghanis come from afghanistan, Tajiks come from Tajikistan, Hindus come from hindustan (India), and hey - Engles (English) come from Englestan (England). So Pakis come from Pakistan. So is that word considered racist, or am I just being overly politically correct?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Pak(pakeeza) itself means pure. Theres nothin racist about it. If someone ever says it to me i say thank you, of course it leaves them baffled. People just try so hard to make fun of u, they dont realize when they make themself look stupid :p HA, funny.

arabianprincess
05-17-2008, 02:31 AM
welllllllllllll i do have many paki friends... n they say it.. i never saw once.. a person who got offended or took it as a racist comment... i mean .. i dont understand ..but probably ur just takin it the different way or ur either senstive... which i dont get as well .. u dont see us gettin offended.... its just the same idea.. salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.